Customize

London Anons, up for a bromley mini raid?

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by Anonymous, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

London Anons, up for a bromley mini raid?

The Bromley market outside Primark has a Scio "Stress Test" stall every saturday (or at least once a fortnight), and I'm wondering if anyone's willing to picket the stalls with me?

Going alone is a bit stressful at times. Not enough lulz to be had on my own!
  2. shagnastie Member

Re: London Anons, up for a bromley mini raid?

Im a newby, but would like to see something happen. Do we have fliers with what people are getting into ? has anyone investigated if they are allowed to be there ? Or sell things ?
  3. new guy Member

Welcome.
    Ring trading standards first.
    Are they there every saturday ?
    Posting pics would be usefull.
  4. Anonymous Member

Specific times and locations where they've been active please, for Bromley council Freedom of Information Act goodness.
  5. shagnastie Member

I just filled out the form and put this in the comment field :-
    the Church of Scientology are conducting so called stress test, using an untested electrical device, and using this as a means to sell literature and books. Can you please confirm that they do have a licence ? I believe they are there every other Saturday, and their stall is quite busy.
  6. Anonymous Member

Nice one.

Get video of them sometime. Maybe video of somebody going up to them and asking if they're giving away those books... when they say no, they're selling them: jackpot.
  7. Anonymous Member

OP from 2 years ago, are they still even there??
  8. Anonymous Member

whoa fuck, good point.
  9. new guy Member

The noob above my first post ITT reported that he had seen them in bromley on saturdays.
    The noob just bumped the old thread.
  10. Anonymous Member

Didn't say if he had actually seen them, just seemed to assume they would still be.
  11. Anonymous Member

I think he does
  12. shagnastie Member

I have seen them on several occasions in the lastt year, they have at least 2 desks set out with emeters, and at least 4 people doing the babble. Also a 2 foot stack of the book, but no price list and people tend to look on the stall as a bit of a health food hype or freak show.

I intend to do a recce there this saturday lunch time, with camera, just to see if they are there, and if they are, take photos and make notes of tables and people.

I also have an oustanding request from Street Trading at Bromley Council, asking if they are ware of them, and if they have the correct bits of paper.

Even if they are not there, it will increase the probobility next Saturday.
  13. basil Member

I recall going down last year once or twice for a mini raid and couldn't find them.

I spoke to a nice copper at the local events office who said that they would check their street trading permits if he saw them again - something the local council assured me that they hadn't requested.

Of course, they would say the book is for a 'fixed donation' (which to me and anyone else is a price) which of course they do need a license for anyway.
  14. shagnastie Member

Did a recce this Saturday.
    They were outside Primark.
    There were 3 tables, 2 e meters, and 3 operators.
    Took a few photos, which they didnt like.
    One of them approached me and told me that taking photos of people without thier permission is illeagal.
    Also said they had a very good relationship with the local police.
    As they say in the newspapaers, I made my excuses and left.
    Think they setup about 10am, and with the 3 tables, 2 e meters and about 12 books, they must have a van or car some where near.
    Anyway, I really spooked them, and I think they have a number they call if they are threatened.
    Ive also emailed bromley council, no reply as yet.
    Ive bought my mask at Forbidden Planet, cost of £5.99, so next time I might just use it.
    I have photos, how do I put them on here ?
  15. new guy Member

Ok i can help with this.
    1. did you use a camera phone ?
  16. Anonymous Member

BULLSHIT.
  17. new guy Member

Explain please.
  18. Anonymous Member

Bloody stupid amateur noob. Do it right twat - now you've fucked it up for all of us.
    Besides - learn to count your change. The masks cost 4.99. You have been ripped off. Go with an experienced Anon until you know what you are fucking doing.
  19. Anonymous Member

Is a public place
  20. shagnastie Member

I realize its a public place.
    But recently there has been probs for clickies.
    Think they were trying to scare me.
    I even know that the police cant confiscate photos, they need a court order.
    They can ask to see your photos though.
    There have been circumstances where the police have taken cameras and had to return them.
    But how do I get photos on this site ?
    I have Picasso and flickr, but these have my tag on, do I have to do a completely anon account ?
    Do you know anything about thier panic number they call ?
    They mentioned something about security, could this be a sort of COS sy hit squad ?
    But you should have seen them, they were very angry . . .
  21. new guy Member

Don't worry about any of there bullshit,they knew you are a noob because they would not try that with any anon with experience.
    I can help you get the pics uploaded.
    Did you use a droid phone to take the pics ?
  22. Bluebell Member

23. Anonymous Member

Yes young noob. You should be worried. They will get you. You will be followed. You will be fairgamed, ruined and bankrupted. Be very very careful what you are doing. Do not join the ranks of the fallen. Find out who you are fucking with before you enter into battle alone. Idiot.
  24. shagnastie Member

How about this ![IMG]
  25. shagnastie Member

26. shagnastie Member

Dont worry, I took evasive action about being followed, even travelled up london, caught 2 buses, checked passangers on each one, and then doubled back on myself, even looking out for tails.
    Are the operatives who do the bromley stint locals ?
    Or are they bused in ?
    I shall recce on the next couple of saturdays, and just note if the poeple are the same.
    Can you see these photos that Ive posted ?
  27. new guy Member

You have done well.
    I am sure something can be arranged.
    aviaryflickrcompicture1.png
  28. Spangly Member

The scilons love claiming that it's illegal to take their photos when they're out in public. They are wrong. However, they might not know that they are wrong - just like with all the other nonsense they've been taught to believe.

Raiding solo runs a greater-than-usual risk of things going shitty, largely because the scilons will feel emboldened to try bolder and more audacious lying-to-police (or, sometimes, lying-to-public). If you don't feel able to take on that risk, organise some backup first.
  29. shagnastie Member

Yes ok, could do with some help.
    I will recce next saturday, and see if they are there.
    Rumour has it they are there every other saturday.
    [these 2 lines removed to confuse the ron nobility]
    Anyone arround to help me ?
    Has anyone got any handouts to give the punters that have sat down and been stress tested ?
    Bromley is 18 minutes from Victoria, in zone 5.
    There are a couple of nice pubs, a fullers quite near.
    They seem to be well briefed about what to do and say about Anon appearances.
    I have my vendetta mask, think I need a hat as well, just to cover my bold patch, Im just a bit sensitive about it.
  30. shagnastie Member

This is an excellent idea.
    Have a cult waych theme
    You really should see this guy operater, he's a genius.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sc1FJwGQkI&feature=related[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sc1FJwGQkI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sc1FJwGQkI&feature=related[/ame]
  31. Bluebell Member

Yea alot of us all know the guy, has done some great videos.
  32. Tony Yarwood Member

Hi Bluebell

I'm up for it, you know my email, a couple of days notice and I'll be there.

Best regards
  33. shagnastie Member

OK Guys, can we provisionally book it for Saturday the 23rd ??
  34. Anonymous Member

Am cool with that.
  35. Tony Yarwood Member

Lets take this to PM's

Best regards
  36. AnotherSock Member

Possible (just possible) that the clams will turtle, or change to scamming in another location if a cult drone reads about your plans here. Try it... but be prepared to travel up to London to mini-raid TCR instead. (Which is to say, buy a Travelcard for the day and check WWP for news if hoping to hook up with other Anons on the day.)

Also, it might be worthwhile to use the BATSIGNAL for up-to-date information on where the Stress Test scam may have been set up.

Also: bird seed tech, for the win. Lulz.
  37. Anonymous Member

Yea should take this to PMs shagnastie.
  38. AnotherSock Member

I have been reading up on Bromley, and I had an ironygasm.

Bromley is the birthplace of successful science fiction writer, Herbert George Wells. The man who brought us 'War of the Worlds', which would (several remakes later) star none other than cult victim and cash cow, Tom Cruise!

Seems entirely fitting to me that the birthplace of one alien invasion should play a part in the end of another. Bromley raid for the win - and Lulz at the failed science fiction writer L Ron Hubbard and his failed cult.
  39. Bluebell Member

if anyone's interested in doing something PM both me and Tony Yarwood.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.