Customize

Logical fallacies and you

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by Mousey, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Mousey Member

Logical fallacies and you

I have been reading a lot of the things we have been drafting to put out there for people to read, and I have noticed quite a few logical fallacies in the texts. I am not too concerned with scilons being critical enough to point out our minor fallacies (which is a logical fallacy in itself), but I do believe that being able to de-construct theirs will do quite a lot to remove the mystical hand waving they perform while they speak.

I am not asking that anyone go and become anti-logical fallacy warriors, out to disprove all their arguments, I just believe that being familiar with logical fallacies and how to deconstruct them is the easiest way to inoculate yourself against their subtle deceptions.

Please do yourself a favour and get familiar with this list of fallacies, how to recognize them, and how to deconstruct them because we are being bombarded by them at a rate that is just incredible.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/