Customize

Live news from Gold Raid Mother's Day 5/10/09

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by i'mglib, May 10, 2009.

1. i'mglib Member

Live news from Gold Raid Mother's Day 5/10/09

Talking to RIF who is at Gold right now with 5 others for a Mother's Day protest. There were 2 squad cars that showed up at the Panda Express where the group met before going to Gold. Four cops total, plus one guy wearing a black t-shirt who might be OSA. One of the cops was the guy who arrested Mark and Mark. Smurf filmed the cop who wasn't happy about it, but Smurf explained that he liked his costume. Apparently "Mark" talked to the arresting officer, and the details of that should be interesting.

BUT HERE'S THE BEST PART:

During the raid the protesters were able to see an RPFer running around the pole in the blazing heat. Apparently several cameras got footage and hopefully some of it will be good quality.

This is an arial photo for reference about what the track and pole looks like:

Running_circle.jpg

OSA, if you're reading this, I have a feeling this poor guy's running could be cut short today.

More as it comes in...
  2. A.Non Hubbard Member

Re: Live news from Gold Raid Mother's Day 5/10/09

It would be a shame if that was broadcast on TV
  3. i'mglib Member

Indeed :)

RIF just said that Danny Dunagin is prowling around her car taking photos.
  4. Rheinländer Member

[IMG]

The way to happiness...
  5. tofuman Member

Bracing for epic footage.
  6. Anonymous Member

/popcorn
  7. fotoanon Member

How the hell did the cops know where they were meeting????
    That sucks.
    Also sucks if Panda Express was the best place they could find ;)
  8. avbb Member

Let's make sure there is enough for everyone!

apopcorn.gif
  9. Sponge Member

Only mad dogs and englishmen go out in the midday sun.... and scientologists on the RPF.

runningcircleej8.jpg

hamster-wheel.gif

I love these live updates. MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  10. SomeRandGuy Member

[IMG]
  11. NotMike Member

Is that a fence containing the running circle to keep them trapped in?
  12. the anti Member

saving the world, one lap at a time
  13. LRonAnon Member

DD, dirty little bastard.
  14. Vir Member

Oh come on, he's just exercising out of his own free will.

</clueless academic>

Seriously though: It was my understanding that the RPF at Gold Base has been moved in with the RPF at the "Big Blue" complex.

What you saw may have been a regular Sea Org staff member being punished. The RPF is a long term program, sometimes for years of manual labor, and they run from job to job, but the practice of forcing people to run around the three or dumping them in the lake is something which everyone there is subject to, from the lowest ranking to the highest ranking officers and executives.

Just because you see somebody doing physical labor, doesn't mean they're RPF. It could be the EPF or the Decks, but I don't think they have that at Gold, so it could just be their regular Sea Org people putting on work clothes and do some gardening, for example. They wouldn't let a fresh EPF member into Gold. Entry to Gold is restricted to those who pass stringent security checks, or for VIPs.

And, just because you see somebody being puished doesn't mean they're on the RPF. They could be somebody doing a shorter ethics cycle, or perhaps he's just being puished for oversleeping that day, letting a huge glaring spelling error pass into print, screwing up the Nashville Ideal org opening, or something like that.
  15. Sponge Member

From other photos taken from the ground and comments by ex gold staffers, there are poles around the perimeter that support a ring of overhead water sprays. You can probably see evidence of that inthe aerial photo by the apparent damp patches in the dirt around the edge. Aw, that's nice of them, to keep the runner nice and cool as they hobble round all fucking day.

GoldBaseOct26_2127Medium.jpg

2884784129_956172f710_o.jpg

From fishdaddy on OCMB...
    sara:
    Running Program (Cause Resurgence Run Down, CRRD) | xenu-directory.net

Heres a link to a annotated google map of goldbase where you can see the running track's location. http://tinyurl.com/26wf9b/
  16. isralolcat Member

What was this circle made for? It looks bizarre.
  17. Relyt Member

I think I heard that the people running around the pole were sometimes tethered to the pole? I'm probably completely wrong about that.
  18. Vir Member

I've never heard of them tethering people to the three.

As for watering, I don't think they're allowed to water during the day.
  19. i'mglib Member

20. A.Non Hubbard Member

The running track was made to serve as a running track.
  21. rof Member

What is the tree for?

To serve as a tree?
  22. Anonymous Member

Nice spot for your average run of the mill "running tack" in the middle of the frieking desert. Nothing to see here.......
  23. Re: Live news from Gold Raid Mother's Day 5/10/09

[SIZE=&quot;4&quot;]WUT?[/SIZE]

1918maypole4-1-1.jpg.gif
  24. LeakLicker Member

No, to serve as a running track.

Everything in Scientology is made to serve as a running track.

Anonymous is made to serve as a La-Z-Boy.
  25. Anonymous Member

This isn't a punishment, it's part of the Super Power Program called &quot;Cause Resurgence&quot;. It is to rekindle a persons O.T abilities (according to Hubbard). It was tested out on the RPF initially but now it's available broadly to the staff members.
  26. Re: Live news from Gold Raid Mother's Day 5/10/09

maypole-1-1.jpg.gif
  27. Anonymous Member

/r/ dox
  28. Sponge Member

29. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

/popcorn
  30. Anonymous Member

It's not a punishment, there are mist devices at intervals across the track, members can even choose to walk the duration of it, but must continue to be 'in motion' at some considerable pace (read: not crawling or standing). I think Jeff Hawkins posted about this on ARS and that it was one thing he actually liked about Gold Base however I'm too lazy to look for that.
  31. Anonymous Member

emphasis added

see: "must", "can even" always implies OR ELSE
  32. isralolcat Member

O rly.
  33. Re: Live news from Gold Raid Mother's Day 5/10/09

Groovy. Awaiting videos, yepyep!
  34. Re: Live news from Gold Raid Mother's Day 5/10/09

Disclaimer: My photos are the lowest quality of the bunch. Smurf got some great footage, and Casper has good stuff on his high res camera. Sorry you'll have to wait for them to finish up at Big Blue before their vids are posted. Here's what I got:

IMG_4602.jpg

crop:
    IMG_4602_2.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

crop
    IMG_4601_2.jpg
  35. A.Non Hubbard Member

I wonder who it could be.
  36. Anonymous Member

Who ever it is, if this person is being forced to run as punishment the people out there need to call the cops ASAP, punishment from your "EMPLOYER" + the reports of ex's who have been forced to run around a pole (something used in POW camps and i believe goes against the Geneva but don't quote me on that last part)

The cops are obligated to interview this person as per the TIP tool kit on Human traffic. Not just go out there and talk to them they need to interview them privately away from Gold.
  37. Anon-007 Member

Protip to David Miscavige:

To improve performance, I suggest that you introduce a couple of rather large rottweilers onto the running track.

Productivity will double overnight ;)
  38. Re: Live news from Gold Raid Mother's Day 5/10/09

^THIS with the requirement that all runners must wear raw meat on their belts while running.
  39. Re: Live news from Gold Raid Mother's Day 5/10/09

MuirCat and I went to the Hemet Sheriff's Station to let them know we were going to be protesting. Within five minutes of our conversation with dispatch, the guys back at the Panda Express received some uniformed visitors. There's film of all this so I'll just tell the highlights. OSA knows we always stage at the Panda. Why Panda? Because it's convenient. And clean. But mostly convenient. So anyway, I don't know who engaged the conversation first, but at one point apparently black t-shirt guy stuck a camera in Smurf's face and shot a photo. Oh, the arresting officer let Smurf know he was miffed at all the unflattering images of him on the Internetz. Turns out he's the sensitive type.

Me and MuirCat
    IMG_4599_2.jpg

MuirCat and Mark L/Doug O
    IMG_4607.jpg

A black truck pulled up behind my car and a security guy taking photos of it:
    IMG_4610.jpg

crop:
    IMG_4610_2.jpg

I thought the guy taking photos of my car was Dunigan, although I wouldn't swear to it. Dunigan was definitely out there today. Smurf and I got into a little tiff because I wanted to call the po po and express concern that the guy who had attacked a protester at a previous picket was down there doing to my car exactly what he had been doing to that protesters' car the day of the attack. Not an emergency call. Just an &quot;I'm concerned&quot; call. Smurf thought I was being a drama queen. I found a strange irony in that. We fussed like three-year-olds for about twelve seconds and then it was time to go because those guys had an appointment with Graham down on L. Ron Hubbard Way to get to. Don't worry, Smurf and I are still girlfriends. The police did not get called and I'm ok with that. Maybe I was being a drama queen. Today was a hoot regardless...except for the poor RPFer guy. That was off the scale heartbreaking. Some mother's son is probably still out on that track having a real hard day.
  40. avbb Member

fix'd