Customize

Lisa Marie's New Song... Is she out? Ohh, the lyrics...

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by sallysock, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

the legendary brilliance may have skipped a generation
  2. Anonymous Member

She hasn't said she is out.
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

Love bombs? Hey, we love bombs too...

120px-Van_explode.gif
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

We've said it...so now it's true.
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

Lisa Marie Presley is surprisingly normal | The Seattle Times

Surprisingly down-to-earth after a lifetime in the public eye, Lisa Marie Presley is a platinum recording artist in her own right. But she still wishes she had time to learn to knit.

By Nicole Brodeur

There will be no questions about the marriage to Michael Jackson.

Same with the brief stint as Mrs. Nicolas Cage. Not a word.

And as for her longtime membership in the Church of Scientology? No. Just ... no.

But that still left plenty to ask Lisa Marie Presley, the child of Graceland with her father’s bedroom eyes, smile verging on sneer, and a lifelong desire to make her own musical mark.

Presley, 45, will be in Seattle on Aug. 28 to perform at The Triple Door in support of her latest album, “Storm & Grace.”

The stop is part of the third leg of a tour that started last year and that has not worn her down a bit.

“I love it, I personally love it,” Presley said the other day of life on the road. “I find it challenging and stimulating and exciting. The relationship with the fans, the reactions."

“I’m lucky because I have my husband and family with me, back and forth, between England and California.”

Presley spends most of her time in Tunbridge Wells, England, where she lives with her husband, the guitarist and producer Michael Lockwood, and their twin daughters, Harper and Finley, now four. Presley has two older children — the model and actress Riley Keough, 24, and musician Benjamin Keough, 20 — by her first husband, Danny Keough.

She moved to England in 2011 specifically to work on ”Storm & Grace.” And then she just stayed.

Continued at http://seattletimes.com/html/nicolebrodeur/2021660708_nicole25xml.html
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Mr. Magoo Member

• Like Like x 3
  7. Kilia Member

8. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  9. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 5
  10. rickybobby Member

11. RightOn Member

12. Django Member

From a recent posting on ESMB:

ooohhh.....
    • Like Like x 10
  13. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Where would she get any profit from coming out publicly (I do mean about her relationship with Scientology)? I certainly cannot blame her for keeping her mouth shut when she isn't singing!

'til next time;
  15. Anonymous Member

She has a moral obligation to undo the damage she did. When she was in the cult, she helped the cult recruit and retain members. Now that she is out she should speak up so as to help current victims escape and to help prevent people from becoming victims.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. anonamus Member

Give her time.
    It's far better she's out, not speaking, than in, speaking pro cult. IMNSHO.
    Maybe she's awaiting her mom seeing through the scam too, and then both of them will sing?
    • Like Like x 2
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

LISA MARIE PRESLEY ON SCIENTOLOGY: “CRAZY CRIMINAL PEOPLE” | The Underground Bunker

By Tony Ortega

Excerpt:

In the year since, we’ve received further confirmation from our celebrity sources that Lisa Marie Presley has, indeed, given up on Scientology. But she has not spoken publicly about it, and generally, when reporters ask her about the lyrics of her songs, she’s offered only vague stories about leaving a group of people who had been holding her back.

Yesterday, however, the CBS-distributed show with the unfortunate name omg! Insider interviewed Presley at Graceland, and co-anchor Kevin Frazier asked her once again about the lyrics to “So Long.” (For some reason, he got the name wrong, calling it “Sticks and Stones,” which is another song on the album, but the lyrics on the screen are definitely from “So Long.”)

Although the word “Scientology” is never uttered by Frazier or Presley, it’s only too obvious that her answer is all about leaving the church. And what an answer.

Here’s what she said:

Kevin: What’s that about?

Lisa Marie: Well, it’s pretty self-explanatory.

Kevin: But when you were writing it, what was going through your mind?

Lisa Marie: There was a point in my life where no one would ever tell me anything bad. No one was telling me what was happening or what was going on, really. So I had a very obscure and actually completely blocked view of reality for a very long time. So, when I got rid of all these nuts in my life and these, whatever they’re crazy criminal people, away, that I was like, OK, I’m going to go find out what’s really going on out there.

Like other ex-Scientologists, Presley describes what it’s like to be inside the church’s bubble, kept from what’s really happening in the world. Other church members tell us that at some point, they became aware of the corruption in the church, and then became determined to learn what was really going on.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/13/lisa-marie-presley-on-scientology-crazy-criminal-people/
    • Like Like x 5
  18. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 3
  19. anonamus Member

Yup, not long before she says the S-word when speaking about the cult, me hope.
  20. RightOn Member

Lisa Marie! SAY IT DAMN IT!
    Mommy won't disconnect.
    that is all
    huffs and puffs and walks away
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

Lisa Marie Presley Appears To Slam Scientology In CBS Kevin Frazier Interview | Celeb Dirty Laundry

Lisa Marie Presley has fled the Church of Scientology like Katie Holmes fled Tom Cruise’s meathooks. She’s allegedly been separated from the cult for awhile, but she’s so uninteresting 99% of the time, no one noticed or cared.

Elvis Presley is a big deal in my extended family. A person can trash any celebrity, any political figure, but Elvis is sacred. Lisa Marie is also protected under that umbrella, but Priscilla Presley is not, probably because she took the King of Rock and Roll’s baby and steeped her in the teachings of a known cult. Elvis news and gossip of any type sweeps through my family like a blizzard. Most of the time I don’t really care, but this time I do because the story is about waking up and the freedom that can come with it.

Lisa Marie has never spoken publicly about her departure from the cult in order to remain connected to her Scientologist family members but, perhaps, since Lisa Remini has been very outspoken and her family is still intact, Lisa Marie will do more than write songs like So Long that state the obvious:

<snip>

Hopefully not just the Nicoles, Katies, and Lisas of the cult, but people of other names, too, will flee Scientology and enjoy living new, more exciting, fun-filled, rewarding, less dangerous, punishment-filled lives that include being able to think for themselves.

Hopefully, this separation from Scientology will help Lisa Marie Presley become a bit more interesting, too, so that when I get an urgent Elvis News phone call, I can muster up a bit of genuine caring instead of stifling a bunch of yawns.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Anonymous Member

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/s...:00-08:00&max-results=5&start=5&by-date=false

Most enty readers seem to think it is the Presleys. Some good comments too.
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Any Presleys confirmed in attendance in Clearwater for Super Power?

Keep an eye out for them at the taped events this weekend.
  24. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  25. Kimbayah Member

Bump
  26. RightOn Member

27. JohnnyRUClear Member

Quite odd indeed. LMP is turning SP (Scientology-Proof) from all accounts, but what's up with giggling with KP, who remains a total Kool-Aider? Oil and water, no? Bears watching.
  28. anonamus Member

Maybe Preston has had it? Married to a maybe-wannabe gay, being fleeced by a psychotic dwarf, and forced to be in the same room as Tom Cruise at events could get anyone to blow. If they have just a bit of sanity left.
    Pure speculation, but sometimes dreams come true.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

‘Snitching Culture’: Why Lisa Marie Presley Quit Scientology | Radar Online

July 23, 2014

After reporting in June 2012 that Lisa Marie Presley was “cutting ties” with Scientology, The National ENQUIRER has uncovered the real reasons behind her departure.

The rocker has kept her reasons for leaving the controversial church very close to the chest. But she isn’t the first to go. She joins a now-growing list of Hollywood stars who have jumped ship, including Leah Remini, Katie Holmes and actor Jason Beghe.

In a worldwide exclusive, The ENQUIRER has exposed the truth as to why one of Scientology’s golden children has abandoned the church in which she was raised.

“Sources who know Lisa Marie tell me she’s gone (from the church),” Scientology expert Tony Ortega, a veteran journalist who blogs daily about the religion, revealed to The ENQUIRER.

<snipped>

Despite breaking away from the celebrity-heavy religion, Ortega suspects that Presley still maintains connections. Because of that, it’s not likely that she’ll speak out against the organization like others have.

“She’s got a family involved in it. She really can’t speak out without causing a lot of trouble.”

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...y-quit-sinister-scientology-expert-weighs-in/
    • Like Like x 4
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: WHY LISA MARIE PRESLEY QUIT SCIENTOLOGY! | The National Enquirer

In a World Exclusive, The ENQUIRER has uncovered the REAL reasons why Lisa Marie Presley – one of Scientology’s brightest stars – finally washed her hands of the cult-like religion.

In June 2012, we disclosed that Lisa Marie was “cutting ties” with the controversial church but since then, the rocker, 46, has kept her reasons cloaked in mystery.

[The article continues much like the one above.]

For the full story pick up the new ENQUIRER – on sale now.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/world-exclusive-why-lisa-marie-presley-quit-scientology
    • Like Like x 2
  31. RightOn Member

oh Lisa Marie, so close.... come on man!
    The List awaits
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Bumpity bump bump bump
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  34. Random guy Member

She'll eventually say something publicly when discretion doesn't offer any advantages any more. She seems to have played it quite shrewdly.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

Lisa Marie Presley Files For Divorce | TMZ

Lisa Marie Presley has filed for divorce, TMZ has learned.

Elvis' 48-year-old daughter wants full custody of the couple's twin 7-year-old daughters. She wants to give her musician hubby, Michael Lockwood, visitation, but only monitored.

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ they had a postnup. The divorce docs say nothing about any division of property.

Lisa Marie cites irreconcilable differences for the divorce and she lists the date of separation as June 13th. One source made it clear, "She doesn't want any of his money."

She is not asking for any spousal support or child support.

The couple married in 2006.

https://www.tmz.com/2016/06/28/lisa-marie-presley-divorce-michael-lockwood/
  36. The Wrong Guy Member

37. The Wrong Guy Member

Lisa Marie Presley Checks Into Rehab To Fight Addiction To Alcohol & Drugs

Star desperately 'needed serious help in getting her life back on track again.'

Quote:

In a bombshell world exclusive, The National ENQUIRER is reporting that Lisa Marie Presley has checked into rehab to battle addictions to alcohol, painkillers and other drugs.

Elvis’ daughter, who recently split from her fourth husband, Michael Lockwood, after ten years of marriage, secretly entered The Hills Treatment Center in Los Angeles, a rehab to the rich and famous which is setting Presley back $400,000 a month.

“Lisa Marie just fell off the wagon over the past couple of years and needed serious help in getting her life back on track again,” an insider revealed.

Continued here:
    http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...s-treatment-center-rehab-alcohol-painkillers/
    • Like Like x 1
  38. RightOn Member

If that is at all true ^ and believe me, I take it with a grain of salt,
    Then the COS is probably gloating their heads off.

Has Mama left yet?
    Sure hope she doesn't try to pull her back in when she is vulnerable. IF she is vulnerable.
    If so,
    Stay strong Lisa, the lats thing you need it to go back to the cult.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. Malory Member

She's been through a hell of a lot in the past few years so its good she's got friends looking out for her and that she's doing the sensible thing.
    • Like Like x 1