Customize

"Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

Discussion in 'Media' started by tamphex, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

Good on ya, tamphex. Nothing good can come of it. There is no reason to talk to them one on one. This is just a "handling" attempt, as so many before me have stated. They KNOW why we protest. If they don't, all they need to do is open their eyes and look for themselves. I see no reason why we should attempt to personally come to their orgs and hold their hands. We can give them their love bombs after they blow. It's up to them to wake up.

Anyone else who wants to ATTEMPT to get through to a Scientologist, send a postcard.
  2. mojo Member

Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

agree tamphex -- good on ya. never a dull moment here at enturb, but all these things just strengthen the resolve and make us more determined to see this through.
  3. Rule22 Member

It's a Fail - Fail situation.

If he decided to go, it would obviously be useless/used against him/Enturb/etc.

If he decided not to go (as it appears), they can always claim "We offered to meet and the terrorists declined blahblahblahblahblah."

Fuck 'em. Unless it's a meeting with DM (or a directly responsible rep.) and live camera feeds... fuck 'em.
  4. AnonP1ZZ4 Member

Wise decision is wise...
  5. infinitysnake Member

OTOH, it would sure be nice to have a copy of an org "confession."
  6. Eff Member

Even though I don't think Tamphex is likely to change his mind on this, I have to chime in with my opinions.

First off, how many times have we heard the phrases "The Church of Scientology could not be reached for comment." or "Scientology officials declined to appear on camera but offered this statement..." or "The Church will not relinquish its dignity to engage in such a debate"? It's always been a Co$ footbullet to say that they won't talk openly. We should not be so hasty to take the same approach. This is especially true when you consider the fact that we are constantly trying to tell Scientologists that we will help them if they leave. Look at Operation Over the Wall; here we are, sending postcards into Scientology Central itself, saying "It's better on the outside" and "We will help you leave if you need help." We can't afford to go back on that message by saying that we're unwilling to speak face-to-face with a Sea Org member who requests information.

While some have pushed for an enormous gala event with an array of speakers from both sides in a rented hall, or having a representative from Amnesty International, or doing it in a police station with a dozen officers present, or signing contracts beforehand, I think that less is more. A small event—no, don't even call it an event. Just a talk. Nothing outrageous. Not in an Org or a police department. Quick talk, short in length, so that both sides can say some things clearly.

As much as we would like to pretend that it's easy for anyone to find online all of the information that we have, it's absolutely not that easy. There is information out there that is accurate, and then there's stuff that is either exaggerated or intentionally inaccurate (hi trolls! hi OSA!). We recognize these things immediately. Others don't. And even Enturbulation is a shitty place for a non-Anon to get information about Anonymous or Scientology. There are bad ideas here, even if they do get dismissed or domed pretty quickly. And we do a good job of underestimating just how unreadable some of our posts are due to slang and memespeak.

I think there's nothing unreasonable about having a small talk. Small talk, one-on-one (with cameranons present, of course). Tamphex explains what he's doing and why and what he wants, in one tl;dr chunk. SO offers a rebuttal of that. Tamphex gives a rebuttal of that rebuttal. End. SO explains his side all at once. Tamphex debunks some of those claims. SO refutes the debunking. End. Shake hands, go home. No contracts to sign. No reams of incriminating HCO PL dox. Short. Sweet. Few people.

How can that be spun? The casual and brief nature of the meeting removes any chance of them making a big deal out of it. In fact, hold it a mini-golf course. An amusement park. Eat cotton candy throughout the encounter. Go to a playground and hold the meeting on a swingset. Anything to make it seem like less of a big deal. In this way, you still get the information across to whoever's willing to hear it (it was not really clear whether this would be a meeting with the person who asked to set it up, or with the head of the local Org). But they've got nothing on you in return. They talked to one guy about his involvement in the movement. For 15 minutes. On a swingset.
  7. Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

I'm glad to see you reconsidered, Tamphex.

If they had invited you directly in the Org, I suspect they would have played on Anon's tendency to tape fucking everything and shown you a Sea Org that isn't like the one we have documentation and firsthand accounts of. We would have a hard time protesting about them if there was footage of the place being all about shiny happy people holding hands and working hard for the good of their faith and mankind.
  8. infinitysnake Member

That's a must read for everyone.
  9. Ten Tigers Member

Good job, Tamphex. :flop: *sigh of relief*
  10. Kilia Member

Tamphex sweetie, you had me so worried here. I read page after page and my stomach was churning with fear for ya.

Then I got to the page where you said you couldn't sleep and then chucked the whole idea since we all know that the CoS will do dick shit about anything and will only harm our cause further if anything.

My stomach has now calmed down and I can get on with my days work once again.

Take care..be well, and know that you are much loved by all of us.

*hugs*
    Kilia
  11. Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

Impossible for me to phrase this any other way - this is a dumb and dangerous idea. Meeting with $cn. anywhere but a courtroom - thoroughly lawyerd up - is pointless, will serve no one but the $cns. and can only diminish the effectiveness of Anonymous' and Enturbulation's brilliantly simplistic efforts to date.
    Good God, Tamphex! Did the Sydney Sea Orger slip you a Joan of Arc pill? I've read every one of your posts, and no matter how sincerely noble your intentions are phrased, the subtext screams 'Martyr Wannabe.'
    I'm a newbie to this wonderful website, but very much an oldie to the cult (joined up in 1965 - went Clear (sic) at St. Hill in late 60's) - ASHO Briefing Course, OT levels at L.A., blah, blah, blah.)
    It wasn't until the early '80s that I summoned the courage to verbalize my doubts about the effectiveness of Ron's tech, question his 'heroic' background and express my revulsion for the organization's Draconian laws.
    One of my closest friends worked beside Mary Sue in the Guardian's Office, and unburdened himself regularly regarding their 'handling' techniques. Often, he broke out in hives, and couldn't keep food down. Eventually, he was so disgusted that he 'sneaked away into the night,' as did I.
    The Sea Org's offer of a quiet meeting to 'discuss your differences' is pure 'cloak and dagger' bullshit. There's nothing $cn. can learn about our purpose that hasn't been said 10,000 times on this and related websites.
    For the sake of your personal welfare, Anonymous' future and my concern for your safety, STAY THE FUCK OUT OF ANY ORG! IF YOU INSIST, PLEASE HAVE YOUR MEETING VIA EMAIL.
    Let the protests continue through to 2009. Then, and only in a courtroom, with DM in the witness dock, should any meeting take place.
  12. Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

In with the admiral before it's locked:
    2408450458_305e9d2006.jpg
  13. Spathi Member

We call that "bait" where I come from. :fuckyou:
  14. admiral_caek Member

???

Think about what you just said. Seriously. Think about it.

also,

YOU ARE NOW TALKING TO A BRICK WALL
    HERE IS A VISUAL AID FOR YOU
    ___|____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___|
    _____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
    ___|____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___|
    _____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|

HAVE FUN TALKING TO THAT WALL
  15. anon91-19 Member

good call imo;)
  16. Skeptic1337 Member

Honestly unless the meeting is with DM and filmed by international media random sea org dude in sydney is worthless.

Good report and this thread is tldr.
  17. cubby Member

oh good... b/c it's a TRAP... and if you could think of a way to turn it around and snatch their balls up in it instead, godspeed... but i'm so relieved. :flowers:

i thought the public debate with Q&A and panels was a cool idea, but NO WAY IN HELL would they agree to it.
  18. subgenius Member

General Anthony Clement McAuliffe (July 2, 1898 - August 11, 1975) was the United States Army general who commanded the defending 101st Airborne troops during the Battle of Bastogne, Belgium, during the Battle of the Bulge in World War II. He is famous for his single-word reply to a German surrender ultimatum:

"Nuts!"

Anthony McAuliffe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  19. Daywatch Member

talk?
    TALK?
    what are we the UN?
  20. anon11 Member

1. Bring documents with you to back up everything you say. And I mean EVERYTHING.
    Sources is everything. an "I heard from a friend" or "I read on the nternets" just won't do it.

2. Stay calm and polite. Don't get heated at all.

3. If they're twisting your words, using false arguments (straw man, non sequitur etc.), or going off topic point this out to them.

4. Dialougue should be even on both sides, don't let them dominate the conversation.

5. STAY ON TARGET.

6. Think about how to best present your points to them. Try to practice beforehand so that you can present an idea concicely, with as much information as possible, in a logical, easily understandable chain. ( Don't talk in circles, repetitions. Don't stutter.) Don't make your arguments sound like personal attacks.

7. Clarify your personal goals, feelings end expectations in this before you get involved in this matter.

8. They obviously want to discuss anon. You see this as an opportunity to get them to realize you're not terrorists. They might be waiting for ambigous soundbites to include in another TERRORISTS! BAAW! video. So... back to No 6. BE CLEAR ABOUT YOUR POINTS. CONCISE. UNAMBIGOUS. INFORMATIVE.

9. Try not to let a Berlin Wall build up, hear their part too. Do follow up questions.

10. Ran out of ideas.

EDIT: Cought up with reading this thread. DISREGARD THIS, I SUCK COCKS.
  21. Timmibal Member

In regards to the generalized BAWWW about how 'maybe he's just trying to blow, all scilons aren't robots' etc. I say to you this.

Sea org man can pay $2 at a pielink and xenu.net himself silly. We do NOT need to put someone in danger to get our points across. We've never hidden our goals or agenda. Or did we all forget that one of our primary objectives is to INFORM people of said goals and agenda? Did we forget about all the wonderful flyers and websites and media we've been FLOODING the intertubes with?

And setting off the trap just to watch it? Yeah, you poke a claymore mine with a stick and see how much intel you gain with a torso full of shrapnel.

Wise descision, all things considered, Tamphex.
  22. Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

Untitled-1.jpg
  23. Whanonstler Member

No. Anonymous is actually effective. Also, not anti-Semitic! :fuckyou:
  24. Anonhopeful Member

judge this after it has happened, for now i will be naive and remain optimistic
  25. bloccz Member

there should never be isolated debate with osa scilons with no public audience.

whats the point?

theyre osa for fucks sake! theyre only interested in survival and that would probably be thru filming the meeting and editing and slandering the fuck outta tamphex.

fuck talking to osa! theyre on the ropes and desperate!
  26. Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

Tamphex, Thank you for your decision. Now I can have a second breakfast, having lost my first over the engramatic image of you stepping into the Sydney Org. :sad:
    Keep up your good work - and think of all the folks you've inspired when you're flyering the bejeezus out of the $cions on June 14th - as I will be doing of you.
    With your decision, you've earned my renewed respect, admiration and many caeks. (Still getting used to that awful spelling.) :guyfawkes:
  27. Anonyneko Member

Mandate just arrived from the heavens:

[ READ THE THREAD ]

He already said he wasn't going to do it.
  28. Happy Cat Member

29. tamphex Member

Holy living Xenu. 14 pages. Ok maybe time to close the thread lest it just becomes page after page of "Don't do it!" "Oh" - again much appreciated input throughout guys, as I said I always and will always keep your opinions in the highest regard. This community is the biggest & best proof read and second opinion required on decisions a person can possible ask for. I love yas!

Onward and upward.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.