Customize

"Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

Discussion in 'Media' started by tamphex, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tamphex Member

"Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

During what seemed a run of the mill flier raid today with myself and 5 others in the Sydney CBD ended with a conversation from the local Sea Org who has extended the offer to me to come in and discuss our collective grievances, our concerns and hopefully, the changes we're all been pushing to have.

This is how it all occured (I'll try and keep it as short as possible, but it is worth the time to read)

During the course of the flier raid we traveled some fair distance throughout the city and gave out close to all the fliers we had printed (we ran out and had to do another print run) which was pushing 800 at the least by the time "the encounter" occurred.

We had done Town Hall, George St, Pitt St Mall and decided that since we had some rather cool looking posters we should head down to Darling Harbour. Before heading down to Darling Harbour we did have a few people approach us who came across as somewhat odd; in hindsight especially the young woman who approached with an unblinking stare, asked for a flier then walked a few metres away before calling someone while reading it. We pondered what had occured and thought moving on would be good idea.

We walked down to Darling Harbour (a popular harbour tourist mecca in the city and perfect for our Sea Arrrghh posters) and upon reaching the area were straight away approached by someone who identified themselves as an undercover policeman who wanted to enquire what we were doing and to explain the reason for the masks (I myself was unmasked the entire time as they're fully aware of my identity - as this story will shine light on). The man did display a badge and invited us all to examine it if needed be. I explained to the officer what we were doing, why the masks etc. As we had walked all that way, we decided some cosmetic changes to the masks to reveal the nose and eyes was required and proved enough for the officer to let us go about our business.

-CONTD- (broken into chunks to avoid TL;DR Syndrome)
  2. I Member

Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

then we all went home and lived happily ever after, the end.

sorry, but you should have these things ready for fast posting :razz:
  3. Ann O'Nymous Member

I know that teasing is a basic PR trick, but don't overuse it ! :smile:
  4. Anonxmous Member

I'm enjoying the suspense... but there should really be suitable embedded music
  5. Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

stop fagging this up and let him post it.
  6. tamphex Member

As the area had many tourists and large white poles surrounded the harbour, we decided to split into one group to do the postering and the other to continue the flyering as we continued around the harbour foreshore.

We'd kept at it until we reached a bridge which we intended to use to cross over to the other side and as we reached the top of the bridge to begin crossing over, we decided to look back upon our handy work. And that's when we spotted someone removing our posters and another individual walking along beside him. I said to the anons with me that we should keep watching as I wanted to see if the person removing the posters was actually an authority figure or just a jaded local proprietor. As he got closer we decided to confront him and took off down the escalator. When I reached the bottom he was walking in our direction so I we had the following conversation:

Me: "Excuse me.. you're removing our posters. Do you work around here?"
    Him: "No" and kept walking. I took notice of the black shirt with "Basic" and "The Bridge" written on it and was going to address him further about the removal of our postering (hell, I spent $25 today on printing! I wanted answers, man!) when I noticed the Asian man in the suit who had been accompanying him was attempting to make a hasty retreat through the cafe beside us. I yelled out to the other anons coming up behind me "Watch that guy! I'll be right back" and started giving chase to who many of here in Sydney know as "Tojo" (see pic)

[IMG]

Tojo didn't seem to want to hang around too long now that he realised I knew exactly who he was and wasn't about to give up so easily. I think we walked through at least 5 cafes enturbulating the people trying to enjoy their lattes (ok, so it was me doing the enturbulating. Tojo wouldn't say a word) To demonstrate that I wasn't actually abusing him, here's the video I grabbed of part our conversation.

http://media.enturbulation.org/images/Video-0030.3gp

Soon I realised keeping it up with Tojo was totally pointless as he cleary did not wish to have a conversation, as friendly as I attempting to be, so I decided to head back to the other anons in hope that the other guy had hung around. As luck had it, he did..

(CONTD-)
  7. DarkSim Member

moar?
  8. AnonZombie Member

F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5.

Also, I should probably wait to hear the whole story, but inb4 "He forced his way into the building and held us hostage!1!".
  9. Marc Abian Member

No, the end. Hooray for story!
  10. Epic Tall Guy Member

No, guys, this is true. I've posted a general report on the day's proceedings at Anonymous Sydney.
  11. rawrz Member

Waiting.....
  12. ANON E MOOSE Member

Discuss terms??????

THERE IS NO PICTURE OF ADMIRAL ACKBAR LARGE ENOUGH.

Do it, but do it in a police station.
  13. Anne Ominous Member

NO SURRENDER. WE'RE HERE FOR TOTAL VICTORY.
  14. tamphex Member

(sorry about the breaks but this whole thing is majorly epic and simply coming out with it without any back story would be a real shame)

Reaching the other anons I was pretty irate. I'd just seen two individuals who were clearly from the Scientology Organization not only prove that they'd been following us & taking photos (they both had cameras) but also just removed all the work we had put in. I wanted answers and wanted them yesterday!

Our convo started with the usual back and forth but thankfully did not escalate to any bullbaiting as common sense kicked in. Here we had a individual from the local Org more then willing to stay and talk. This was an opporunity to converse and both sides to talk out our greivances. As luck would have it, this guy was a little more then that. He was from the Sea Org and after a good 40 minutes of us discussing the pickets, why we do it, what I knew and what misconceptions they actually had about us which I really wanted to get out in the open; he made the offer I couldn't believe.

An open meeting between Anonymous and the Sea Org right here in Sydney.

I have a contact number he supplied me to get it organized and as a gesture of trust, I also supplied him with my own also. We have exchanged names with each other and I truly believe what we may have here is an opportunity for us to finally sit down and talk out what has been happening, what our concerns are and their own as well concerning what we truly stand for.

What I need now from the community is this:

• A representative from Enturbulation along with myself to represent enturb
    • A representative from Anonymous to represent anon
    • Be in Sydney (obviously - unless you're willing to travel)

You'll need to be well spoken, know your Scientology/Sea Org policies inside and out, and back to front. You also will need to realize that this means not only will you be coming straight into the "hornet nest", so to speak, but you'll also need to throw away any anonymity you had.

This meeting needs to take place as soon as possible as the Sea Org is very eager to talk to us and hear our case. I truly feel, and my gut instinct is telling me, that this is the right thing to do. If people don't feel that they can't or simply won't be willing to make a few sacrifices for what could very well be the greater good, then so be it, I'll go in by myself.

But I want to do this. This has to be done and has to be done right.

So, lets take the first steps; able bodies (max of 3 people including myself has been requested) and begin putting together a list of subjects to be discussed.

And to Micheal; I kept my side of the promise, now I can only hope that you'll do the right thing by us as well. Expect a call very soon to make arrangements.
  15. rawrz Member

Might I suggest anon reps and ex scientologists be present, (they don't have to talk, they can just be there)
  16. AnonZombie Member

Fair enough. Sounds like it could be epic. Would volunteer if I lived in Australia and thought I was good enough for the job. Anyway, I would say at the very least try to tape the whole thing. I'm still thinking going into some room in the org is bad. Maybe have it in a quiet but public place? A small cafe where there are just a few employees around that could act as witnesses in case it's a tarp?
  17. ANON E MOOSE Member

I'm not in the right hemisphere to take part, but i still have questions. Where would this meeting be, the org, or neutral ground. I would seriously, seriously push for a police station, Or at the very least an officer present where ever you do it.

The potential for frame up is epic here. You could get badly badly fucked.
  18. rawrz Member

Also you need camerafags. Lots of Camerafags.
  19. DarkSim Member

Just make sure its on neutral territory and not at an Org or something. And be prepared for it just to be a massive handling. Give Tory a call and ask about what to expect. Or any ex-SO for that matter.

Even if it might be true it seems somewhat bizarre.
  20. Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

Last I checked, we do not forgive, we do not forget and to expect us.
  21. Epic Tall Guy Member

After the day was done, we had a chat about the conversation. Some of the points considered if we're gonna do this:

>> One of the Anon will bring in a laptop with webcam.
    >> Get Mark Bunker, ToryMagoo44, Anon and others in on this via webcam.
    >> IRC channel set up to to ask questions.
    >> Will need a separate camera as well. They'll definitely be filming the Anon that go in, so the Anon going in will need their own footage as well.
  22. Marc Abian Member

Why not meet at a nice park?
  23. Epic Tall Guy Member

True, but Mark Bunker and company aren't quite Anonymous. Just because we're not in that business doesn't mean we shouldn't snuff that route if others are interested.
  24. rof Member

Don't do it.

If you had time to stop and type the post out then you have time to reconsider whether this is a good idea. They will be recording you. YOU. And you will be baited. Send someone who is not YOU if you really want to. Absolutely do not go in representing enturb. I am part of enturb and I do not want part of me talking to them as a representative of all of enturb.
  25. Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

We've had similar requests here, but the hivemind has always reached the same conclusion. IT'S A TRAP! There is nothing to be gained by airing our grieviences to a representative of the cult. We want its systematic dismantling in its present form, they want us to stop. I don't see a compromise there.

And I am wary with a "representative" of Anonymous.

While it might be nice to get their perspective, we're all right here online any time anyone in Scientology wants to contact us. This just sounds like an unnecessary risk to you, and a chance for the CoS to try and come across as the "good guys." If this does go forward, everything needs to be recorded on several different cameras. If they don't allow cameras, NO MEETING.
  26. DarkSim Member

/r/ IRC to ask questions!!!

Meet them. Its worth doing. But do it at a cafe or something with plenty of people and wifi. Setup IRC and perhaps a webcam feed. That way we get over the whole "representing anonymous" thing. BRING CAMERAS AND FOR GOD'S SAKES MAKE SURE ITS PUBLIC.

It is going to be just a big handling most likely, but its worth it to plant to seeds of doubt and to correct their idea of us.
  27. Veritas2.0 Member

IT'S A TRAP!!!

I'm having a hard time believing this isn't some kind of trap...Scilons have been known to secretly tape and record everything and then twist people's words against them. I don't see this going well. What would the point of the meeting be anyway ? They say they'll fix some shit and we just stop what we're doing? Hell no.

They're going to try and use this against us. Do not underestimate them or believe that they've suddenly had some change of heart. I say don't do it.
  28. Anne Ominous Member

Just use this as an opportunity to instill doubt in their minds and show them some documents, facts about Scientology that they wouldn't get otherwise. Show them the PSAs and ask why that is allowed to happen.

And, quoting others here, but do not be a failtard like the Dutch Anon who WENT INTO THE ORG.

DO NOT GO INTO THE ORG!!
  29. Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

Keep in mind you speak for enturb. Not anonymous. Ensure they understand this.

And in all truth there is no real end to this discussion other then an interesting look at what Scilons have to say. We're going to ruin them. Period.

That isn't exactly a debatable topic.
  30. eclipsael Member

And to expand on this, neither is Enturbulation.

This could be pretty big for the movement as a whole, but if this goes though, it needs to be done with utmost care (echoing what others have said; cameras, neutral ground, etc).
  31. Epic Tall Guy Member

Yes, that possibility has come up obviously. And we were also aware (or at least I was) that others around the world have probably received such requests. Still, I think that it's a good idea to have a civil discussion about this, but on neutral ground for at least the first meeting. Why haven't any other Anon worldwide taken such requests seriously? Yes, you know it's almost certainly a trap. But there are ways to reduce the risk.
  32. Marc Abian Member

What are you guys really going to talk about anyway? I personally wouldn't do this because I couldn't see the point of going back and forth about how the PharmPsyches are funding us and making everything up vs Nuh uh, countered with a Yeah huh and so forth.

Be sure to call ahead and verify a meeting time, and record that call in case anything happens.
  33. Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

Why would we take it seriously? They don't want to discuss things with you, they want to handle you, get you to believe they aren't a threat so you stop protesting...and failing that, use the information they gain to target you so you stop protesting. We want the cult to stop doing what it's doing. They want business as usual. There is no debate here.
  34. DarkSim Member

Bring dox. I'd do it just for the sake of seeing if they are serious about it. Then to atleast plant the seeds of doubt if nothing else. There doesn't need to be any discussion of coming up with some impossible middle ground (short of them disowning the Co$ and becoming an FZ org minus the bullshit like narconon and lies about what is contained at higher levels etc. Not to mention lies about the tech.).
  35. Veritas2.0 Member

^^ THIS!
  36. TheGeth Member

There is potential for win but I'm very wary of this whole thing. As much as I'd like to believe that they really want to sit down and talk, their reputation is against them and they must know this. If they want to gain our trust, IMO, they should agree to allow us our anonymity, as it's all we really have to protect ourselves and those close to us. Even if they are sincere, who's to say that, if the talk goes badly, that they won't decide to target us out of spite?

If you do go through with it, have more than just 3 people. Make sure that there are camAnons in the surrounding area (cafes, etc.) who get there early and leave a while after it's over. Unless this guy is acting entirely on his own, and even then, you can bet that they are going to be scilons watching. Agree on a specific public location (not in or around the CoS) for the meeting and do not allow yourselves to be deviated from that location. Basic guidelines, etc.

Again, if they sincerely want to sit down and talk, then they should realize that we are not going to trust them overnight and that they should have to respect our anonymity, unless it's going to be someone who has already been namefagged or is an ex-sci.
  37. DarkSim Member

No debate needed as I said. If we can show to them that what they've been told about anon and the Co$ is bullshit perhaps that is enough to start their reality tunnel collapsing. If its done at a cafe or something then the risks are minimal as well. Particularly for someone who is already name fagged and comes with friends and a camera.

EDIT: Failing all else they might even end up proving some delicious footbullet material to us.
  38. An0nYm0use Member

this sounds very interesting tamphex. but in many ways i am very sceptical of it (them not you).

Essentially i have the impression that, ifScientology and (by proxy) the Sea Org can change you would be satified. But i believe it cant due to its dogma, and the problems are so rampant with CoS and ad the tech - anything of any possible value is 0.1%.

the sea org is essentially "tech". and with the reverence and "ultimate authority" that they give to LRH - i dont believe anything can ever be undone. Certainly i very much doubt that the syndey Sea Org have ANY authority to implement any changes whatsoever - and i am fair sure that worldwide any changes would be considered "squirreling" and would never happen anyway (DM).

while i support you in this endeavor, i feel that they are simply trying to appease you (or worse manipulate you and get information from you) out of desparation.

if CoS suddenly said "we are changing X Y and Z" i, for one, wouldnt believe it for a second - and secondly the tech is riddened with cancer that can only true be cure by the dismantling of the cult (betamax).

still - interested in seeing how this plays out.
  39. Re: "Let's talk" - an offer to meet & discuss from the Sea Org

Sydney, like all of us. Listen to the hive. Epic boner doesn't mean epic win.
  40. tamphex Member

If I had any inkling at all that this was just orchestrated to somehow frame myself and others, I wouldn't have made this post. It's obvious by talking to this individual today, and the fact that we were followed the entire day, that I am very well known already by the Org. If they were going to do something under handed to me, surely it would have occurred by now.

Also, let's not forget the fact that I'm actually not Anonymous. This is Enturbulation which was created as the public face when Chanology was not available (due to the hack from the rival group, Regime) and ever since we started the very first line of coding for this site we always pushed that ideology. As such I won't be representing Anonymous, but representing this site and the community we have forged here. Micheal is well aware of the site and what my role is, in fact he even referred to it as "enturb"

The gist of some of the conversation we had was the fact that he and others in the Org felt that they were unable to come out and talk to us during our pickets due to the fact that they've felt intimidated. That's something that needs to change. We're not after these guys; we're after the higher management on the chain. This has always been the case. These individuals are the very victims that we're supposed to be helping; not scaring away.

So if having a meeting with them and airing out that misconception and the others discussed, then a meeting we shall have.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.