Customize

Leonard Nimoy died age 83

Discussion in 'Anonymous News' started by KittyKatSpanker, Feb 27, 2015.

• Like Like x 6
  1. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  3. A.O.T.F Member

An amazing guy for sure. My favorite Star Trek cast member. He will be sorely missed. Happy trails, Leo.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Freedomtruth Member

Its a sad day, he had true words of wisdom and im sure he will be missed from all over the world :( RIP Leonard Nimoy may you live long and prosper in the next life
    • Like Like x 2
  5. First Bones, then Scotty, now Spock. (Blue, red, and blue)

Kirk, Uhura, Sulu, and Chekov remain. (All gold except Uhura, who wears red)

That's all the senior science and engineering officers gone, leaving just communications and command.

It's a good thing that they've rebooted the movie franchise, and that Nimoy was around long enough to pass the torch, as it were. I wonder if Shatner will return for an upcoming Abrams movie now that Nimoy is gone..?

Probably the funniest thing I saw Nimoy do in the last couple of years:

6. Anonymous Member

tzOpNaE.jpg

Astronaut Terry Virts captured this photo from the International Space Station flying over Boston, where Leonard Nimoy was born.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Quentinanon Member

I remember seeing him first in an episode of Bonanza. Sad to see him go.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. moxie Member

Beautiful.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. meep meep Member

• Like Like x 4
  10. meep meep Member

• Like Like x 6
  11. Fine tribute, meep - I'm sure Leonard would've loved these!
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Kilia Member

I loved watching him in Star Trek. He will be greatly missed.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

'Star Trek' fans told to stop 'Spocking' Canadian $5 bill

spocjsdfsdfsdfsdf.jpg

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/03/star-trek-fans-told-to-stop-spocking-5-bill

http://news.slashdot.org/story/15/03/04/2031241/star-trek-fans-told-to-stop-spocking-canadian-5-bill

The Toronto Sun is reporting that Bank of Canada executives are urging Star Trek fans to stop altering Wilfred Laurier's face on the Canadian $5 bill to look like Spock. Although not illegal to draw on the bills, a Bank of Canada spokesperson points out that the markings may reduce effectiveness of the security features or worse, the money may not be accepted.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Django Member

Had a huge fight with Mom. "Trek" (TOS) was on at 8:30, back when hour-long dramas could start on the half-hour. My bedtime was 9:00. The episode was "The Tholian Web". I spent the last half-hour of the show whining....

Nimoy was Spock, and I was real into him, in Trek's first prime time run, all those years in syndication, the movies, guest appearances on TNG and the Abrams reboot.

Quinto's damn good, but Nimoy made that character, one of the best actor/role fits ever...
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Obamination Member

Sorry to shit on your parade but,
    what does Spock have to do with Anon News?

Idolizing an actor is fine on ur own time, but is it right to put it on the news section?

To me it seems to contradict the Anon idea.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

spock-logic.jpeg

This-cat-is-3prkni.jpg

live-long-and-prospurr-prosper-star-trek-spock-cat-meme.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. A.O.T.F Member

It's called respect. And you would know this, if you had any.....

spock-logic-jpeg.245181.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  19. System Member

dont disrespect the dead