Customize

Leah Remini TV series about how Scientology rips families apart

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Who is Leah Remmini? Another out of work Hollywood actress I'm guessing!
    Sleeping Lion
    This message by Sleeping Lion has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  2. Parrishgolfer Member

Hi OSA...How's your stats this fine Thursday?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Attached Files:

4. Quentinanon Member

I see you don't know how to spell Leah's family name, boy, that Hubbard Study Tech really, really works. You were too busy clearing the planet to finish high school.
    I am glad you are able to post between helpings of cold rice and beans.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. RightOn Member

your cult dribble is powerless here.
    You slave away while Miscavige gets richer.
    He does not care about you or anyone else.
    Get out while you can and be free to live your own life. You are not saving the planet.
    There are no proven OT's. Not one. If there where, this website amongst other things simply wouldn't exist.
    Do you really think if there were OTS's that the A&E show would have aired? I think not!
    Look for yourself, ask questions. Your doubts are valid.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

You saw Bonny Elliott talk about her battle with Scientology; Now hear it from her husband

By Tony Ortega, December 2, 2016

Quote:

If you saw the premiere episode of A&E’s Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, you know that the emotional center of the show is the awful choice the Church of Scientology forced on Bonny Elliott.

In an interview she gave on her deathbed, Bonny explained that because of Scientology’s “disconnection” policy, once her daughter Amy Scobee was labeled an enemy of the church Bonny risked being kicked out of it herself if she continued to associate with Amy. And if that happened, she’d lose all contact with her husband, who was a dedicated Scientologist.

Scientology was forcing her to choose between the two people she loved most in the world, her husband and her daughter.

“I told her at that point that I was going to have to disconnect from her. That wasn’t a good day,” Bonny struggles to say on camera.

Eventually, though, love wins out. Bonny and Amy explain that several months later they defied the church and reunited, and eventually things worked out well because Bonny’s husband Mark Elliott decided to leave the church on his own.

We noticed that quite a few of our readers had the same reaction we did: If that was the case, why wasn’t Mark himself featured in the show?

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/02/yo...ith-scientology-now-hear-it-from-her-husband/
  7. RightOn Member

Cruise is promoting his new Movie "The Mummy" now.
    Cowinky dink it came out the same week as Leah's show? hmmm? ;)
    Bad idea!
  8. Repeat showings over three networks of Episode 1: Disconnection of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.

From Missionary Kid on Tony Ortega's blog:

http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/03/in-scientology-dancing-in-a-conga-line-might-end-up-costing-you-thousands/#comment-3033719054

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

A&E is not only replaying Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath episode 1 Disconnection, is not only going to be shown Sunday morning at 12:03 EST, and Monday at 12, 6, and 10:03 pm on A&E, but on Lifetime at 8 pm, and on LMN (Lifetime Movie Network) at 12 am, and once on A&E and Lifetime before the showing of Episode 2 Fair Game, on A&E.

A&E is repeating episode 1, along with the second one over next week. They've gone all in. Fuck you, Davy, you're so stupid, you helped publicize Leah. On the other hand, thank you, Dinky Dave. That doesn't only apply to your diminutive stature, but your intelligence

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Possible foundation for those leaving Scientology or perhaps only those leaving the Sea Org.

The possibility of a foundation only for those leaving the Sea Org is only my interpretation of the Tweet. I have no other information.

https://twitter.com/LeahRemini/status/805646915811409920

SDlKhRE.png
    • Like Like x 2
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

EXCLUSIVE: Scientology tried to derail Remini series by calling 14-year-old ‘aggressor’ in rape

By Tony Ortega, December 5, 2016

Quote:

The Underground Bunker has obtained a document which shows that just days before A&E premiered its new series Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, a Church of Scientology attorney tried to derail the program by claiming that the subject of the first episode, Amy Scobee, was lying about being raped at 14 years old.

The church attorney, Gary S. Soter, warned A&E that its show would be “defamatory” because, he claimed, Scobee was actually 16 when the incident occurred, that she was the “sexual aggressor,” and that the entire incident involved her shoving her hand down an older man’s pants. Church officials, he claims, were unaware of anything more serious taking place.

Scobee tells us that Soter’s letter is full of lies. She provided specific details to us about the incident which happened in the summer of 1978 when she was 14 years old, that it involved oral sex and intercourse, and that every member of the staff at her mission knew all of those details — because, according to Scientology policy, she was forced to write out those details and then get every staff member to sign it.

“This is more proof that the Church of Scientology is unwavering in its policy of attacking people who expose it, and I haven’t even begun to tell the stories of the children who have been abused by this dangerous organization,” Leah Remini said when we asked her for a statement. “Gary Soter should be ashamed of himself. What’s in this letter is so appalling, I don’t even have the words to continue.”

Soter sent his letter to Kelli Sager, an attorney who represents the A&E network, on November 25 — just four days before Remini’s first episode was scheduled to premiere. By that time, trailers for the series had begun airing on A&E and had generated a lot of notice on the Internet. Those trailers indicated that the first episode would feature Scobee, a longtime former Scientologist who wrote about what she saw as a top church official in her 2010 memoir, Abuse at the Top.

In last week’s episode, Scobee repeats the same story she had told in her book: “I was 14 when I started in Scientology. I had a boss who was 35 years old. He was married. And he had me stay back, you know, when everybody else left and, basically, we had sex. This was statutory rape,” she says in the show. An abbreviated version of this statement ended up in the trailer that teased the series.

Soter’s letter accuses A&E of broadcasting something that was “knowingly false.” He then goes through several numbered points.

Continued at http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/05/ex...ies-by-calling-14-year-old-aggressor-in-rape/
  11. RightOn Member

When is the next episode BTW? Is it tonight?
    Hell of a lot more viewers of the first episode (2.1 million) than there are Scientologists in the whole world. Or the entire GA-LAXY (as LRH would put it) for that matter.
    Further proves there is not one OT not one.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Independent Scientology member Kathy Gold has posted an "Eval" of Amy Scobee.

I post the following link with reservation, and only because I take (too) seriously my self-appointed "hat" of trying to keep track of all things Scientology, including Independent Scientology. I post the link not to disseminate what Kathy Gold has to say about Amy Scobee, but to disseminate what Kathy Gold reveals about herself.

I previously posted a screen shot of a negative and disparaging Tweet by Independent Scientology Scientolipedia in response to Leah's docuseries. Scientolipedia continues to complain in repeated Tweets that Leah and others refer to "Scientology" generally, instead of the "Church of Scientology," and fail to mention Scientology outside of the Church of Scientology. Scientolopedia is showing HE&R.

Otherwise, to my knowledge the Independent Scientology community has been silent, at least on the web.

IMHO, the Independent Scientology community has not covered itself with glory and, even in the most crass, self-interested terms, has missed an opportunity. Again. As always.

I'm not going to excerpt Kathy Gold's article because, quite frankly, I don't want to. The link is below if anyone is interested.

Kathy Gold: MY EVAL OF AMY SCOBEE

http://kathygold.weebly.com/money/my-eval-of-amy-scobee

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

Tonight on Leah Remini’s series, two more families get ripped apart and ‘fair gamed’

By Tony Ortega, December 6, 2016

Quote:

Watching the second episode of A&E’s Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, we were suddenly struck by the advantage of this show having the luxury to explain Scientology concepts over eight episodes.

Truth be told, last week’s great initial episode only bothered us in one respect. Leah does an amazing job explaining the allure of Scientology and why she and so many others felt that they had joined something for all the right reasons, and because they wanted to make the world a better place. She also provides a stirring call to action for her show — that she is on a mission to help the victims of Scientology and bring their problems to light.

But do you see the missing step there? If good people joined Scientology to do good things, why are there “victims” of it at all? In the first episode, there didn’t seem to be much explanation for what it was about Scientology that produced victims. What was it about Scientology that was so bad that it led to people like Amy Scobee and Mat Pesch being held as prisoners?

So when we were watching the second episode, which is largely about former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder and his wife, Christie Collbran, we found ourselves sitting up and taking notice when Leah Remini actually used the words “past lives,” and a fellow named “David Miscavige” was mentioned.

In this episode we start to see that this Scientology thing is a truly demented mindfuck that can’t help but produce demoralized and victimized former members.

And that’s when it dawned on us how great the format of a weekly series really is. Leah Remini is doing a brilliant job not just tapping into the public’s endless fascination for this subject, but she’s putting together a show that, if people stick with it, will truly educate them about Scientology and its controversies.

Mike and Christie are well known to the longtime readers of this website. But for those catching up, we thought we’d put together a collection of resources to help supplement tonight’s episode.

Continued at http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/06/to...ore-families-get-ripped-apart-and-fair-gamed/
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Mike Rinder: Scientology The Aftermath Episode 2

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-the-aftermath-episode-2/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

One concern I have is that the show does not really give voice to my regret about things I have done during my time in the church that may have caused suffering to others. I think it captures the regrets I have about my children, always the answer to the question “What is your biggest regret.” But it is not the whole picture and I fear it will appear that this is ALL I care about. So, let me set the record straight in case that is the impression that is created: I apologize to anyone I hurt, and I am truly sad that I was that person. The only thing I feel I can do about it let that be know, but more importantly, try to make good going forward. I certainly wish I had been smarter and had not believed so strongly that what I was doing all those years in the Sea Org was “saving the planet.” And that I had not bought into the idea that every decision is based on “the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics” (where the Third Dynamic counts 20 and each of the other 7 count 1), nor had I subscribed to L. Ron Hubbard’s “Code of Honor” – particularly “never fear harming another in a just cause.” I now see these as false and harmful “stable data” and sometimes wonder at my blindness.

Today, I try to live with what I see is the truth, not what someone else tells me is the truth. I attempt to do what I think is right. I am not living in the past or living a life of regret by any means. But I feel it is important to the people out there who may have been on the short end of the stick I was wielding to know where I am at. For whatever reason I did not feel, for me, that this truly comes through in the show.'

[SNIP]

And finally, Leah Remini is one of the bravest, strongest and kindest people I have ever had the good fortune to meet. Without her, this show would not have happened. And remember, unlike me, she is not fighting to get her family back, she is standing at the front of this crusade on behalf of others who do not have a voice. She inspires me to be a better person.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 4
  15. RightOn Member

Tonight! GO LEAH!

SO...
    HOWZ YER STATS MOFOS?
    • Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  16. BREAKING: Leah Remini's Scientology series coming to Germany in 2017.

Google translation below.

DWDL DE: A & E brings Reminis Scientology docu to Germany

http://www.dwdl.de/nachrichten/59084/ae_holt_reminis_scientologydoku_nach_deutschland/

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.dwdl.de/nachrichten/59084/ae_holt_reminis_scientologydoku_nach_deutschland/&edit-text=

A & E brings Reminis Scientology docu to Germany

By Kevin Hennings

06.12.2016 - 16:15 hrs

For 30 years, the actress Leah Remini was a member of Scientology. After her withdrawal, she now wants to clarify the sect with her documentary series "Scientology and the Aftermath". 2017 is the broadcast in Germany is planned.

The Scientology sect has many prominent faces with which it can adorn itself. Tom Cruise and John Travolta are just two well-known names whose radiance the organization hopes to win new members. On the other hand, the "King of Queens" star Leah Remini, who has been established after 30 years of membership, has been in charge since 2013 and has now set itself the task of revealing the abysses of the organization.

With her Docu series "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath", the actress has provided for these days the best series launch of an A & E format in the past two years. In the second quarter of 2017 the format is now also to be seen in Germany, Austria and Switzerland at A & E, as the pay TV station now announced. However, an exact broadcasting station has not yet been established.

In the eight hour episodes, Remini, who has donated many millions to the sect during her membership, maintains high-ranking insiders and other former Scientology supporters, as well as their families. "This documentary series is about the truth about Scientology - Truth, which builds on very personal experiences and which is shocking," Remini said. "For too long, this multi-billion dollar organization has put victims and journalists under pressure to prevent the truth being brought to light. I hope that we are now releasing information to show the world what is really happening in this Organization, and encourage the other to raise their voice as well. "

"Scientology and the Aftermath" critically examines the movement, which goes back to the doctrine of the writings of the American author L. Ron Hubbard. It shows dubious practices, but also attempts by the sect to take action against dropouts. Remini: "Even though I myself was a long time a member of Scientology, I was stunned by the fact that I learned about the dropouts while working on this documentary series. There is much more to tell than is known so far. "

Leah Remini is the first prominent person to be a former member with such a great project against the sect. Already in 2015 the director had already dealt with Scientology in the documentation "Going clear". For his extraordinary work he received three Emmys.

• Like Like x 1
  17. UPDATE: Leah Remini's A&E TV series Scientology and the Aftermath is expected in Germany in the second quarter of 2017

Google translation below.

Quoten Meter DE: A & E shows Leah Reminis Scientology docs

http://www.quotenmeter.de/n/89807/a-e-zeigt-leah-reminis-scientology-doku

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.quotenmeter.de/n/89807/a-e-zeigt-leah-reminis-scientology-doku&prev=search

A & E shows Leah Reminis Scientology docs

The revelations of the "King of Queens" main actress currently do not have a specific German broadcasting date, but only a rough deadline.

The much acclaimed investigative documentary "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" ? by and with the "King Of Queens" -Hauptdarstellerin is broadcast on German territory: According to A & E of the pay-TV special interest channels, the Leah Remini documentary series in 2017 in the program record, tape. A specific send-out date for the Germans is still pending, but a broadcast is scheduled in the second quarter of 2017.

In the eight one-hour episodes of the intensely debated TV production, which attracted 2.1 million viewers at their US premiere, the former Scientology member talks to other people who once belonged to the organization. In addition, high-ranking insiders have their say.

"This documentary series is about the truth about Scientology - Truth, which is based on very personal experiences and which is shocking," Remini explains. "For too long, this multi-billion dollar organization has put victims and journalists under pressure to prevent the truth being brought to light. I hope that we are now developing information that will show the world what really happens in this organization, and encourage the other to raise their voice as well. "

18. The Wrong Guy Member

It's on in the Eastern time zone, and there's live blogging going on in the comments section ("sort by newest").

http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/06/to...ore-families-get-ripped-apart-and-fair-gamed/
    • Like Like x 1
  19. sallysock Member

Forgive me for being repetitive,plox. Watching these stories being told today, after watching it in real time is surreal.
    All the full circle stuff (sorry, can't think of a better term} I never thought I'd see.
    Kudos to everyone involved.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Another story saying Leah's docuseries will be showing in Germany sometime during the second quarter of 2017.

http://www.digitalfernsehen.de/A-E-zeigt-Dokureihe-ueber-Scientology-Aussteigerin.147096.0.html

https://translate.google.com/transl...ntology-Aussteigerin.147096.0.html&edit-text=

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Leah Remini,

I wish you all the best in your courageous quest to confront the brutally abusive and retaliatory
    'Church' of Scientology head on with this explosive documentary on their countless abuses to so many families and individuals over the years.

It's a very powerful documentary, your sincerity shines through. I love your style. This series is shaking Scientology to its very core and reaching massive numbers of the general public who are horrified by these extreme abuses to so many families. You've shown an extraordinary amount of courage and compassion for those families still trapped in this dominating, controlling, abusive cult of Scientology that was all built on lies and greed from the outset.

I'm very glad that you're out, Leah and hopeful for those still trapped who you are helping more than you'll ever know despite the fact that they currently 'think' that you're against them.

The abusive little tyrant, David Miscavige has been confronted head on by you and the victims of his violent outbursts, he should be arrested and prosecuted. It's time to empty Miscavige's Hole at Gold Base and place him in a Federal Prison Hole of his own. Miscavige is still imprisoning many people in his personal gulag at Gold Base in Hemet, Ca. Shut it Down! It would serve a far better purpose as a homeless shelter.

Shut the Abusive L. Ron Hubbard Scam of Scientology down once and for all.

The first hand accounts of Miscavige's cowardly attacks by Amy Scobee, Mike Rinder, Jeff Hawkins, Mark Headley and others are very powerful and convincing, sadly there are many more abuses including child abuse in Scientology that need to be addressed.

I think that Leah will get more satisfaction out of exposing these abuses than any 'win' she ha

This series is fantastic, Many Thanks to all involved.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Disambiguation Global Moderator

http://jezebel.com/this-week-in-tabloids-kidman-holmes-and-remini-are-jo-1789792949
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 5
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini told you about Scientology’s ‘Fair Game’ — and here’s the worst example of it

By Tony Ortega, December 8, 2016

Quote:

In this week’s episode of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, we learned about former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder and the “Fair Game” he’s experienced since leaving the church in 2007.

For Rinder, it’s meant almost constant surveillance and harassment since he first began in 2009 to speak publicly about Scientology’s current leader, David Miscavige. Examples shown in the episode included being followed and accosted by private eyes, keeping watch on him with the use of a remote camera in a bird feeder, and even paying sanitation workers for Rinder’s garbage. (In Tuesday’s post, we listed other examples of Fair Game that Rinder has had to endure that weren’t mentioned in the show.)

Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard first announced a “Fair Game Law” in 1965 at a time when he was writing policies to crack down on splinter groups that infuriated him. In 1967, Hubbard gave his most notorious definition of what he meant by the policy, writing that Scientology’s enemies may be “deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.”

Scientology denies that it engages in Fair Game today. It says that the Fair Game policy was canceled by Hubbard in 1968. But as Rinder and Remini discussed on this week’s show, in his 1968 order Hubbard actually said, “The practice of declaring people FAIR GAME will cease. FAIR GAME may not appear on any Ethics Order. It causes bad public relations. This does not cancel any policy on the treatment or handling of an SP.” (When the church decides someone is an enemy, it labels them a “suppressive person” or SP.)

In other words, the policy of ruining SPs utterly and destroying people would continue, so long as the words “Fair Game” weren’t involved.

As Remini and Rinder discussed his harassment, we were watching Twitter as viewers expressed shock at the idea of a church hiring goons to do the things that Rinder managed to film.

And our first thought was, oh, they haven’t seen anything.

Although Mike Rinder and other former church officials have been through hellacious harassment in recent years, the most egregious example of Scientology trying to destroy someone over decades of harassment is still what the church did to a journalist from New York by the name of Paulette Cooper.

It’s such an outrageous example of what Scientology can do when it is determined to destroy someone, we wrote a whole book about it!

In The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, we described how Paulette survived the Holocaust as a toddler, was adopted by a New York couple, and then became a magazine writer out of college. When she realized that a couple of her friends had taken courses in Scientology (and acted bizarrely as a result), she decided to look into it for a possible magazine story. That 1969 magazine investigation turned into a 1971 book, The Scandal of Scientology.

And from the day her magazine story came out, Paulette became the target for an elaborate series of operations by Scientology’s “Guardian’s Office” that stretched well into the 1980s. At one point, in 1973, the Guardian’s Office had framed her for the crime of sending bomb threats to the New York Scientology org (even lifting her fingerprints to put on a piece of stationery), and she had been indicted and was facing 15 years in federal prison. She came close to killing herself that summer, but she managed to avoid prosecution and was eventually exonerated by the FBI. But Scientology’s complex schemes against her continued, as well as 19 lawsuits the church filed against her. We even found that a reporter on Scientology’s payroll was keeping tabs on her until at least 2010!

Paulette’s phone was tapped, her friends and family were targeted, and Scientology even sent in spies to live in her apartment building and to befriend her. And, incredibly, from May to September 1973, she even took in a roommate, not realizing that he was a Guardian’s Office operative. The total amount of resources that L. Ron Hubbard threw at this single woman in Manhattan over several decades is truly staggering.

But she survived it all, and she thrived. And she still keeps an active interest in what’s happening in the world of Scientology and supports the people who continue to investigate it.

And so we asked her for some thoughts on this week’s episode of Leah Remini’s show, titled “Fair Game.”

Here’s what she sent us.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/08/le...ologys-fair-game-and-heres-the-worst-example/
    • Like Like x 1
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 4