Customize

Leah Remini TV series about how Scientology rips families apart

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Jun 27, 2016.

1. A great behind the scenes look at Leah Remini's docuseries.

Real Screen: Holzman, Saidman tread carefully into Scientology with Leah Remini

http://realscreen.com/2016/11/18/holzman-saidman-tread-carefully-into-scientology-with-leah-remini/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Docs

Holzman, Saidman tread carefully into Scientology with Leah Remini

By Kevin Ritchie November 18, 2016

Leah-Remini.jpg?465167.jpg

The Church of Scientology can be an intimidating subject for documentary producers to take on.

Keenly aware of its notoriously litigious reputation, producers behind Leah Remini’s upcoming A&E series about the controversial religion treaded carefully during every step of production.

“The Church has a fearsome reputation, but we don’t come to this with any prior bias,” Eli Holzman said in an interview with realscreen. “We’re not experts in the church. We’re not pro-Scientology or anti-Scientology. We’re just documentarians who take the facts as they come to us and investigate every lead as best we can.”

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath will be the Undercover Boss and Project Runway producer’s first full series to hit the air since the former Studio Lambert and All3Media America president launched indie prodco the Intellectual Property Corporation with long-time producing partner Aaron Saidman.

[SNIP]

Scientology and the Aftermath will differ from Gibney’s broader view of the Church in that it gives more intimate personal accounts over an intensive eight hours.

“It’s a little bit of a who’s who of former high-ranking members who have since left and have decided to speak out,” says Saidman. “Leah really does go on a journey herself. She did not know about some of the things that she was going to learn. And that surprised us, but it also surprised Leah because she felt she knew everything.”

Celebrity Scientologists such as John Travolta, Kirstie Alley and Tom Cruise are not a focus, but famous names do come up from time to time.

The producers say the show will contain previously unreported revelations.

“I’m hesitant to reveal what they are but I would venture to say there are some things in there that have not been covered,” says Saidman.

The producers communicated with Scientology officials throughout production and have invited officials to give their side. However, a representative has yet to sit for an on-camera interview.

“We’ve endeavored to be responsive to and work with the Church as best we could,” says Holzman. “The Church has taken an interest in this show and has made its presence felt and its opinion known. There are times that our people have been followed. There are times when, inexplicably, the Church became aware of things that we were planning to film. We have no idea how they could’ve possibly learned them. We’ve tried to conduct ourselves in a completely above-board, transparent manner.

“Thus far, we’re not aware of the Church doing anything that we have a problem with,” he adds. “Every step we take with an abundance of caution and we are in constant dialogue with the Church.”

Viewers will get a glimpse of that process as the series documents those discussions between producers and Scientology officials.

To stave off potential legal threats, IPC and A&E retained dedicated counsel with specialized experience to review material at every level, from sending letters to conducting interviews and post-production.

“It adds an extra layer of complexity to even the simple production plans of filming,” explains Saidman.

“It did make us nervous,” admits Holzman. “To the extent that the Church wishes to participate with us, we’re completely open to that. We had no agenda. Leah was our partner. She was our initial way in. We trusted ourselves. If someone was looking at this in a balanced way – maybe some of those involved might not – no one would be able to say we hadn’t done this in a responsible and unbiased way.”

“As much as we’re doing this with Leah, she is doing it on her own,” he adds. “We’re treading carefully and we’re very proud of the work. We stand by it.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
  2. VIDEO: Leah Remini Tells the Church of Scientology to 'Stop F---ing with People's Lives' in Docu-Series Sneak Peek.

People: Leah Remini Tells the Church of Scientology to 'Stop F---ing with People's Lives' in Docu-Series Sneak Peek

http://people.com/tv/leah-remini-reads-scientology-statements-about-her-docuseries-sneak-peek/

VIDEO AT LINK.

By Natalie Stone@natalie_j_stone

Updated November 18, 2016 at 8:30pm EST

leah-remini1.jpg

Ex-Scientologist Leah Remini is reading some of the comments that the church has made about her since she officially left in 2013.

In an exclusive sneak peek at A&E’s upcoming new docu-series, the actress reads aloud “just some of the things” that the Church of Scientology officially released to the press about Remini.

“A program about our religion and hosted by Ms. Remini is doomed to be a cheap reality TV show by a has been actress now a decade removed from the peak of her career,” Remini, 46, reads in the clip. “Ms. Remini, this bitter ex-Scientologist, she needs to move on with her life instead of pathetically exploiting her former religion, her former friends and other celebrities for money.”

Without skipping a beat, the actress halts her reading and calls out the church on their comments made about her.

“When you stop f—-ing with people’s lives and families, I’ll stop too,” she states. “How does it feel?”

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

EXCLUSIVE: See the letter Scientology sent to scare A&E out of airing Leah Remini’s series

By Tony Ortega, November 19, 2016

Quote:

Just ten days now until Leah Remini’s A&E series about Scientology debuts, and we are getting pretty excited. Last night, Leah made public a short spot of herself reading some of the things Scientology said about her in a letter to A&E’s producers, trying to frighten the network out of airing the show.

We can tell you this is always the way Scientology handles things. They send letters from church officials or high-priced attorneys, trying to derail programs by claiming that it will be unfair to them, or that their side is being ignored. But with Leah, the strategy in part seems to be to smear her by calling her motives into question. And it’s especially nutty when Leah reads from it herself.

<snipped>

And now, the Underground Bunker has an exclusive — we have obtained the entire letter Leah was reading from. It was sent on September 9 to Alex Weresow, the show’s executive producer, as well as to Nancy Dubuc, A&E’s CEO. We think you’re going to find it fascinating. We’re providing the text of the letter as well as a PDF of the original. We know you’re going to find a lot of things here to talk about.

Church of Scientology International
    September 9, 2016

Alex Weresow
    Executive Producer
    Slauson Productions, LLC
    Culver City, CA 90230

Re: Leah Remini

Dear Mr. Weresow:

This letter addresses the anti-Scientologist host of your program. Ms. Remini is not capable of being objective about the Scientology religion as she has previously demonstrated.

A program about our religion hosted by Ms. Remini is doomed to be a cheap reality TV show by a has-been actress now a decade removed from the peak of her career. Unable to move on with her life, Ms. Remini has made a cottage industry out of whining both about her former religion that expelled her as well as her former friends she alienated with her unending bitterness and seething anger. Rather than letting go, Ms. Remini has doubled down on her obsessive hatred, turning into the obnoxious, spiteful ex-Scientologist she once vowed she would never become.

Moreover, Ms. Remini is a hypocrite. She disingenuously preaches “letting go,” “those who are free of resentful thought surely find peace,” “less hate more love” and “If you are depressed, you are living in the past.” Yet it’s Ms. Remini who lives in the past, spreading hate and resentment while refusing to “let go.”

She also has redefined herself by the company she keeps. For someone who claims to be a feminist supporting the rights of women, she inexplicably embraces and features on your show the likes of Ron Miscavige, who admitted beating his late wife once a month for a decade, as well as two other vicious wife beaters in Mike Rinder and Tom DeVocht. She preaches, “less hate, more love,” yet showcases an angry, mean individual in Marc Headley. His own mother will tell you he once tried to drown her. That’s because Ms. Remini tosses out her principles if she smells a buck. Since 2013, she has shamelessly exploited her former affiliation with the Church of Scientology as a primary income source.

AETN viewers should know the duplicity at work when Ms. Remini stage managed her departure from the Church of Scientology. For six months before she was expelled, Ms. Remini voluntarily participated in the Church’s ecclesiastical ethics and justice procedures due to her ethical lapses. She did so because she wanted to stay in the Church. But her transgressions were so egregious she was expelled, which remains the source of her bitterness today. Knowing she was on the verge of being kicked out, Ms. Remini choreographed her departure to get attention and publicity.

Following her initial flurry of press coverage, Ms. Remini desperately sought more fame and attention by filing a fraudulent missing person report with the Los Angeles Police Department about the wife of the leader of the religion. It was part of a harassment campaign cooked up with Mike Rinder in tandem with Marc and Claire Headley and shamelessly promoted by Tony Ortega. Ms. Remini used an acquaintance of hers in the LAPD to personally file the report, which she quickly leaked to the media. But it all blew up in her face when the LAPD took the extraordinary step of thoroughly debunking to the media Ms. Remini’s absurd claim within hours, calling it “unfounded.” Ms. Remini wasted valuable public resources in an attempt to viciously harass the Church leader’s wife, whom Ms. Remini has obsessively stalked.

In her autobiography, Ms. Remini made the mind-boggling admission that she filed her false report so that she would be expelled from the Church “and that would be the end.” The irony is that by the time Ms. Remini filed the report, she was already expelled. Ms. Remini was dishonest in her book, failing to disclose that the friend in the police department she filed it with had moonlighted as her personal security on one of her television shows and was trying to break into the personal security business. That the Los Angeles Police Department was able to dispose of Ms. Remini’s publicity stunt so quickly is not surprising.’

Ms. Remini’s anti-Scientology antics also have inflamed acts of religious hate.

Take Erin McMurtry, who on December 14, 2015, drove her car through the front of the Church of Scientology of Austin, Texas. McMurtry plowed across the lobby before coming to a stop in front of the nursery, which only hours before had been filled with children. Before McMurtry committed her crime, she had posted on her Facebook page praises for Ms. Remini and Ms. Remini’s anti-Scientology rhetoric, with such statements as:

“EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!!!! This is the most crucial thing I have ever posted!!!…. It is called Scientology!! … ‘Thank you many times over to Leah Remini.”

“I’m pissed that Scientology…even exists”

“F–k them!”

“Shut them down… (NON-negotiable)”

McMurtry had no prior experience with the Church. She had never been a member. Thus, it is hard to miss the connection as the lies being fed to the press by Ms. Remini pushed McMurtry further and further over the edge, to the point where she smashed her car through the front doors in Austin. It was a miracle that no one was injured and only a stroke of luck the nursery, where McMurtry stopped before backing out again, was empty. McMurtry was arrested and has since been charged by the authorities.

In another incident, Ms. Remini’s support of wife beater Ron Miscavige and another apostate Lois Reisdorf, an expelled Scientologist who had been spouting hate speech on various anti-Scientology websites, coincided with a hate crime and death threat by Reisdorf’s son.

Brandon Reisdorf drove to the Church of Scientology of Los Angeles, got out of his car and threw a hammer through the window. He then retrieved the hammer, threw it again a second time even more forcefully and drove off. The car he escaped in was registered to his mother, Lois. Brandon also sent threatening emails to Scientologists. And according to a Tarasoff Reporting Form, issued by Brandon’s psychiatric care providers, “Brandon Reisdorf has been threatening to harm Mr. [David] Miscavige.” Reisdorf was subsequently arrested by the Los Angeles police and is awaiting trial.

Then there was Andre Barkanov, a 48-year-old Chicago resident with a long criminal history. On July 21 and July 23 in 2015, Barkanov made nine telephone calls in which he made death threats naming individual Scientologists and the leader of the religion as his targets. The LAPD tracked him down and extradited him to Los Angeles, where he pleaded guilty to hate crimes. He served jail time and is now on probation with a 10-year court order to stay away from the Church. When asked what direct knowledge he had of his “targets,” Barkanov admitted he had no personal knowledge of the Church. When asked what incited him to threaten these people he cited recent media reports, including those about “the King and Queens lady: she just left the Church” (i.e., Ms. Remini).

The entire premise of Ms. Remini’s project with Slauson is inherently dishonest. Slauson describes this project as being substantially about “the issue of the disconnection policy of the Church.” The practice of Scientologists voluntarily severing communication from people who are inimical to their wellbeing is fundamentally no different than the practices of virtually all major faith traditions, as well as common sense. Consider the sentiments expressed by Danielle Koepke, author and founder of the Internal Acceptance Movement, who wrote:

You don’t ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn’t matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance — you don’t have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It’s one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries and “continues” to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go. — Danielle Koepke

Ms. Remini quotes these same sentiments on her Twitter account: “Love this. Wishing you a toxic free weekend #letitgo.” So while supposedly denouncing the practice out of one side of her mouth, she openly advocates it out of the other. All the family members and associates we have spoken to of each one of Ms. Remini’s co-apostates partaking in her show, including those who are associated with Ms. Remini herself, describes these people to a one as a toxic personality.

In short, Ms. Remini has become what she once declared she never wanted to be known as: “this bitter Ex-Scientologist.” As USA Today wrote, Ms. Remini is “as famous for being an ex-Scientologist as she is an actress.” She needs to move on with her life instead of pathetically exploiting her former religion, her former friends and other celebrities for money and attention to appear relevant again.

Sadly, bitterness and anger are common threads through Ms. Remini’s life. Ms. Remini is showing herself to be a spoiled entitled diva who still obsessively complains about such petty matters as her seating placement, limo rides, five-star hotel accommodations and the paparazzi’s failure to recognize her nearly a decade ago. She also inserts herself uninvited into the family matters of others. Rather than take responsibility for self-inflicted problems, she is quick to blame others. When her firing from The Talk erupted into a public embarrassment in 2012, we tried to help pick her up off the floor. But she treated everyone around her in a degrading, bullying manner. Her behavior was intolerable.

Ms. Remini knows the truth she conveniently rewrites in her revisionist history. The real story again is that she desperately tried to remain a Scientologist in 2013, knowing full well she was on the verge of being expelled for refusing to abide by the high level of ethics and decency Scientologists are expected to maintain. Her repeated ethical lapses and callous treatment of others led to an ecclesiastical review which resulted in her being expelled.

Prior to that, the Church worked hard to help Ms. Remini try to be a good person. In 1998, Ms. Remini said, “without it [the Church] I’d be in the dumps and I would probably be an animal. I would be a horrible, horrible person.”

In 2001 she said, “I don’t get along with others and there is so many things that Scientology has helped me with. I don’t think I would be ME really without Scientology. I don’t think I’d have the success that I have without Scientology. I wouldn’t be the girlfriend that I am, the daughter that I am, the sister that I am, because this is all because of Scientology and what Scientology has taught me.”

In 2012 Ms. Remini said, “What Scientology has helped me with is confidence. I’ve had somewhere to go to tell someone my fears and I wasn’t crazy, you know, that I could actually do something about those fears, that I could actually be in control of my own feelings, that I could actually be in control of my own career, and that’s what Scientology has helped me with. And I think it’s important for an artist to have some outlet other than your mom who is like ‘Ah, just shut up and go on another audition,’ You know, you need some other help and it’s offered me that help.”
    In 2003 she said, “I didn’t want to follow the crowd of people, like the bad people but I also wanted to be a cool person so I was like kind of struggling with the two personalities but being a Scientologist you’re getting in touch with the person that you really are and we really are good people…so I’ve avoided all that by being a Scientologist and by having integrity and by living by certain moral codes that this group abides by, I can look at myself in the mirror.”

In 2007 she said, “You start every day talking about something that I believe in and you start being disrespectful to my religion, to me you’ve crossed the line. But that’s any religion. I wouldn’t be disrespectful to any of my friends’ religion. Or think that they should put up with that. It’s just disrespectful.”

And she said, “I’ve met a lot of people who were ex-Scientologists. They usually don’t, they usually don’t say anything to me. Just as I wouldn’t say anything about their religion, or whatever they are doing. You know, I wish them the best. You know, I want them to live a good life. I’m not going to sit and name call and — you know if it’s not for you it’s not for you! You know what I mean? I’m not going to go off — if I go get a bad facial am I going to spend the rest of the day going, you know, ‘This salon over here isn’t…’ you know? I mean it’s just like, it’s just a waste of time. Just go on with your life. I get scared of people who run around making this their, their mission in life. It’s like, please. It’s, it’s crazy, but it’s insane. There’s so many things to be doing in life rather than running after people who are doing good!”

After Ms. Remini was no longer able to keep herself in check, she became the hypocrite she is. She now regurgitates the tired myths the Church has repeatedly debunked, circulated by the same tiny clique of expelled former staffers bitter at having lost the positions they enjoyed before their malfeasance and unethical conduct was uncovered. Ms. Remini is now joined at the hip wit this collection of deadbeats, admitted liars, self-admitted perjurers, wife beaters and worse.

If your “Untitled Documentary Project” is honest, it should be renamed “Leah Remini: Desperate for Attention and Money.”

Regards,
    Karin Pouw

Here's the complete article, with open comments:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/19/ex...o-scare-ae-out-of-airing-leah-reminis-series/
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RightOn Member

WAAHHHHHHH!
    Their tears are delicious.
    This letter does NOT sound like it is from a church.
    They never learn.
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Incredulicide Member

By "tiny clique" is Karin referring to the 450 who were on staff? Or the 411 who were in the Sea Org?

Anyone googling scientology tiny clique who have spoken out will find a certain big list linked as the third search result.

EDIT: A bit of SEO on the phrase "tiny clique of expelled former staffers"
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Leah Remini - Scientology and the Aftermath, also starring Mike Rinder.

bNPcggD.jpg
  9. VIDEO: Criticism from the Church of Scientology | Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath | A&E.

Published on Nov 21, 2016
    Leah Remini reads words from scientologist critics about her new show. Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath gives a voice to victims of the Church of Scientology despite public attempts to discredit them. New series premieres November 29 10/9c on A&E.
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini demands $1.5 million from Scientology for interfering with her A&E series

By Tony Ortega, November 22, 2016

Quote:

Since at least August, the Church of Scientology has been sending letters attacking Leah Remini to executives at the A&E network and its parent, ABC, in an attempt to head off her upcoming A&E series that premieres on November 29, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.

On Saturday, we published one of those letters, a 7-page salvo from Church of Scientology International spokeswoman Karin Pouw addressed to the series executive producer, Alex Weresow, and A+E Networks CEO Nancy Dubuc. The letter, dated September 9, referred to Remini as a “has-been actress” and “spoiled entitled diva” who is harassing Scientology leader David Miscavige and stalking his wife, Shelly.

Now, the Underground Bunker has obtained four more letters. Two are from Leah Remini’s attorney, Douglas E. Mirell. The other two are replies from Scientology attorney Gary S. Soter.

In the exchange, Mirell calls Pouw’s many letters to A&E libelous and defamatory, accusing the church of maliciously trying to harm Remini’s reputation and interfere with her contract with A&E. Mirell demands that Scientology retract the letters and pay Remini $1.5 million as compensation. Soter, in his two replies, said the church would pay nothing and it stood by what it said about Remini.

Now, there’s only a week before the series premiere, and our sources tell us Scientology is still trying to convince A&E and ABC executives to pull the show — even after promotional spots are already running.

It’s not unusual for Scientology to paper a network with threatening letters leading right up to the day a program airs. HBO experienced the same treatment last year before it aired Alex Gibney’s documentary Going Clear in March, for example. But it is unusual for the target of that campaign to fire back at Scientology, and even to ask for compensation.

But Remini has already showed she’s willing to take a more aggressive approach. In a promotional spot that began airing over the weekend, she challenged Scientology to “stop fucking with people’s lives and families.”

The first letter we have today, from Remini’s attorney, Douglas Mirell, is dated October 26. He addresses it to Karin Pouw, and complains that Pouw has been sending letters on behalf of the church that “falsely and maliciously defame Ms. Remini.”

In particular, Mirell says that Pouw is purposely mischaracterizing Remini’s 2013 filing of a missing person report with the LAPD in regards to David Miscavige’s wife Shelly, who has not been seen at Scientology events for years. In the summer of 2005, Shelly, who had been a top Scientology executive in her own right, vanished from the organization’s secretive international headquarters, a 500-acre compound near Hemet, California. She has been seen in public only one time since, at the funeral of her father in the summer of 2007.

We broke the news on August 8, 2013 that Leah had filed the missing person report with the LAPD. But later that day, the police department told other news organizations that the report was “unfounded.” The LAPD had made contact with Shelly, who didn’t want to make a public statement. (Leah had actually filed the report several days earlier, on that Monday, giving the LAPD plenty of time to check on Shelly before announcing Thursday afternoon that the case was closed.) Pouw accused Remini of knowingly filing a false report for publicity’s sake. Mirell calls that a malicious lie, saying that Leah filed the report because she genuinely cared about the welfare of her longtime friend. (Meanwhile, the church still hasn’t produced Shelly or said publicly where she’s being held. We think we have a pretty good idea where she is, however.)

“Not only did Ms. Remini not know of Ms. Miscavige’s whereabouts (or even whether she was still alive) when she filed her missing person report,” Mirell writes, “but the Church of Scientology’s own all-encompassing veil of secrecy renders it literally impossible for Ms. Remini (or for anyone else outside a tight-knit circle of Scientology senior leaders) to know ‘the truth’ about Ms. Miscavige’s location or condition.”

Mirell adds that not only was Pouw maliciously attacking Remini for merely trying to check on her friend’s welfare, but also that Pouw’s letters were targeted in such a way as to produce maximum damage for Remini with the producers and network executives who are taking a chance on her series. And for that reason, Remini wants more than simply for the church to stop attacking her.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/22/le...ientology-for-interfering-with-her-ae-series/
    • Like Like x 1
  11. sallysock Member

I see the hate/sponsored ad by the COS is gone from search results.
    Hahaha
  12. Leah Remini demands Church of Scientology pay her $1.5M

Page Six: Leah Remini demands Church of Scientology pay her $1.5M

http://pagesix.com/2016/11/22/leah-remini-demands-church-of-scientology-pay-her-1-5m/

Lawyers for actress and former Scientologist Leah Remini have demanded, in a legal letter, that the church pay her $1.5 million, and alleged that the church wrote to A&E ahead of the debut of her series “Scientology and the Aftermath” to try and get the show pulled from the air.

Underground Bunker blogger Tony Ortega reports that the church wrote to the network, as well as parent ABC, calling Remini a “spoiled, entitled diva” and “has-been actress,” in efforts to quash Remini’s show about former members of the religion.

Remini’s lawyer wants “compensation for the past, present and ongoing reputational, emotional and economic injuries and damages [Remini has] suffered.”

13. Wed 11/23: Leah Remini appearing on The Ellen Degeneres Show to discuss her A&amp;E docuseries Scientology and the Aftermath.

Ellen TV: Day 3 of 12 Days, Mariah Carey, Leah Remini

http://www.ellentv.com/episodes/day-3-of-12-days-mariah-carey-leah-remini/

Wednesday, 11.23.16 :: Filed Under: Episodes :: Comments

[SNIP]

Plus, we never get tired of LEAH REMINI's sharp wit and hilarious spunk. From her spicy marriage on the &quot;King of Queens&quot; to her rendezvous on &quot;The Exes,&quot; the actress' humor sparkles on television and especially when she chats with Ellen! Leah's newest project is the A&amp;E docu-series, &quot;Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.&quot;
    This Wednesday, Ellen is going to the moon and back!

From a Ellen Degeneres Instagram site run by fans:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNIfWviglD-/?taken-by=ellendegeneres_world&amp;hl=en

E5sHpYC.png
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Before Leah Remini burns it to the ground, here’s Scientology’s side of the story

By Tony Ortega, November 23, 2016

Quote:

Yesterday, we posted the demands from Leah Remini’s attorney that Scientology fork over $1.5 million for trying to interfere with her upcoming A&E series. Scientology’s spokeswoman Karin Pouw has been sending letters trashing Remini’s reputation to A&E’s network executives, and Leah wants her to knock it off.

But hey, look at it from Scientology’s perspective: Another former member is going to get a major platform to expose leader David Miscavige and the church for its many unsavory practices.

Well, we understand where Karin is coming from, so we thought we’d do what we could to give Scientology equal time.

Our pal Rick in Indianapolis sent us a link to a video that some of you may be familiar with, but it had somehow escaped our attention before today. It’s a documentary about the life of L. Ron Hubbard, produced by the Church of Scientology, and narrated by David Miscavige himself.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/23/be...und-heres-scientologys-own-side-of-the-story/
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

Panic as Hurricane Leah Approaches

By Mike Rinder

Quote:

As the time for the first episode of Leah Remini’s new show draws near, you can see the panic inside the bubble seeping out Out into the real world.

OSA has put their shills to work, spreading “good news”. Unfortunately they don’t have anything better than an old court case in Belgium from March. They plastered this everywhere at the time as if it was a massive “victory for religious freedom” – in fact it was a repudiation of prosecutorial incompetence. Now they are dusting off this old news and sending it out again. You may wonder what they think this will accomplish?

It’s POLICY. Fill the vacuum with good news. And they don’t have much.

They want to try and preempt Leah’s show with evidence that scientology is “winning” and “gaining more acceptance than ever in history” etc etc without mentioning Leah specifically. This will then “prove” that Leah (and me and anyone else on the show) are “screaming” because scientology is expanding so much. That is what L. Ron Hubbard says so it is true.

Continued here:
    http://www.mikerindersblog.org/panic-as-hurricane-leah-approaches/
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini Discusses Her Scientology Docu-Series on 'Ellen' | Celebuzz

http://www.celebuzz.com/2016-11-23/leah-remini-talks-church-of-scientology-on-ellen/

Leah Remini talks fighting 'bullying' Scientologists with new docu-series | Daily Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-admits-followed-speaking-against-church.html

Leah Remini Suing Church Of Scientology For $1.5M, Claiming ‘Reputational, Emotional And Economic Injuries’ | ET Canada

http://etcanada.com/news/183317/leah-remini-goes-off-on-scientology-and-why-she-left-it-all-behind/

Leah Remini Demands Church of Scientology Pay Her $1.5 million | Hollywood.com

http://www.hollywood.com/general/leah-remini-demands-1-5-million-in-damages-from-scientology-over-letters-to-network-report-60664021/

Leah Remini Reportedly Wants Church of Scientology to Pay Her $1.5 Million in Damages | Jezebel

https://jezebel.com/leah-remini-reportedly-wants-church-of-scientology-to-p-1789304449

‘Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath’ review: Nothing feels fresh or unexpected | Newsday

https://www.newsday.com/entertainme...-nothing-feels-fresh-or-unexpected-1.12661852

Leah Remini Claims She’s Been ‘Followed’ After Speaking Out About Scientology | People

http://people.com/tv/leah-remini-been-followed-after-speaking-out-scientology/

Leah Remini Refuses To Stay Silent About Scientology 'Abuses' While Promoting Her New Docuseries To Ellen | Perez Hilton

http://perezhilton.com/2016-11-23-l...ath-reality-series-book-ellen-degeneres-video

Kirstie Alley's Scientology Secrets Exposed By Kathy Griffin In New Tell-All | Radar Online

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2016/11/kirstie-alley-scientology-secrets-exposed-kathy-griffin/

Leah Remini's latest battle with the Church of Scientology has a $1.5M price tag | SheKnows

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainme...eah-remini-legal-battle-church-of-scientology

In Leah Remini’s Scathing Anti-Scientology Documentary for A&E Is Scorching: Former Celeb Wrangler Admits How Tom Cruise Was “Surrounded” and Isolated | Showbiz411

http://www.showbiz411.com/2016/11/2...ts-how-tom-cruise-was-surrounded-and-isolated

Leah Remini References Tom Cruise, Xenu & More As She Takes Stand Against Scientology on Ellen | TooFab

http://toofab.com/2016/11/23/leah-remini-scientology-ellen-degeneres/

Leah Remini on Scientology documentary: 'I can't sit back' | UPI

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...gy-documentary-I-cant-sit-back/2541479917554/

Leah Remini suing Church of Scientology for $1.5 million over letters to network | WENN

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/11/2...tology-for-15-million-over-letters-to-network

Leah Remini on Her Battle With Scientology: "I'm Not Going to Allow the Church to Bully People" | Yahoo

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/leah-remini-her-battle-scientology-im-not-going-050046029.html
  17. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. RightOn Member

YES!
    So glad Ellen said "it doesn't seem like it is a religion"
    SCORE!
    Nice stats for tomorrow!

THANK YOU LEAH!
  19. Leah Remini on her dispute with Scientology: 'We've been victimized'.

Entertainment Weekly: Leah Remini on her dispute with Scientology: 'We've been victimized'

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/23/leah-remini-scientology-weve-been-victimized

Leah Remini addressed her ongoing fight against the Church of Scientology on Wednesday, telling talk show host Ellen DeGeneres she felt a responsibility to speak out on behalf of people “bullied” by the organization.

Discussing her new A&E docu-series Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, the actress and former church member said, “I felt I had a responsibility to say, ‘I’m not going to allow you to bully these people who were very brave to come out and tell their stories.’”

She added, “My story pales in comparison to what happened to other people, how people are bullied into silence. We don’t have $3 billion to protect ourselves, so what I have is, I’m an actress, and I’m able to speak, and I’m able to give a voice to people who might not have an Ellen to go on.”

20. Leah Remini on Her Battle With Scientology: "I'm Not Going to Allow the Church to Bully People"

Hollywood Reporter: Leah Remini on Her Battle With Scientology: "I'm Not Going to Allow the Church to Bully People"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/leah-remini-her-battle-scientology-im-not-going-allow-church-bully-people-950152

Leah Remini is not giving up her fight against the Church of Scientology.

The actress, who is starring in an upcoming A&E docuseries titled Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, appears on Ellen DeGeneres' show Wednesday, where she talks about feeling a responsibility to speak out on behalf of the church's "victims."

"I was watching high executives, former executives of the church leaving and speaking out about abuses and things that they've experienced while working for the church, and I saw how the church reacted," the actress said. "I felt I had a responsibility to say, 'I'm not going to allow you to bully these people who were very brave to come out and tell their stories.'
    And that's for executives, but there are just average parishioners like me who leave and speak out about what they've experienced, and they lose their family. And so the church goes after their family to shun their family, oftentimes. I'm very lucky that that didn't happen to me. My family chose me."

Remini, who left the church in 2013, also wrote a best-selling book about her experiences, Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology.

She called A&E and the people who appear in her show — former Scientology members who also speak out about their "abuse, heartbreak and harassment," according to A&E — "very brave...because there are repercussions to speaking out." For example, Remini said, she's been "followed" since leaving the church.

"But again, my story pales in comparison to what happened to other people, how people are bullied into silence," she said. "We don't have $3 billion to protect ourselves, so what I have is I'm an actress, and I'm able to speak, and I'm able to give a voice to people who might not have an Ellen to go on. I feel lucky and I feel blessed. That's kind of what my path is right now."

* * * * *END EXCERPT * * * * *
  21. Showbiz 411 has new revelations about Leah Remini's docuseries about Scientology.

Showbiz 411: In Leah Remini’s Scathing Anti-Scientology Documentary for A&E Is Scorching: Former Celeb Wrangler Admits How Tom Cruise Was “Surrounded” and Isolated

http://www.showbiz411.com/2016/11/23/in-leah-reminis-scathing-anti-scientology-documentary-for-ae-is-scorching-former-celeb-wrangler-admits-how-tom-cruise-was-surrounded-and-isolated

In the first episode she gets former celebrity wrangler Amy Scobee on tape and the interview is a wowzer. Scobee admits that she was in charge of making sure Tom Cruise was completely isolated in the cult. All of the people who worked in Cruise’s house were Scientologists and he was constantly under surveillance.

Scobee’s mother, Bonny Elliot, is also interviewed for the first time. That shouldn’t make anyone at Scientology too happy since Elliot was a long time member who finally broke with the cult when she discovered all that crazy and scary stuff they were up to.

22. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini’s Scientology series opens with a gut-wrenching story of ‘disconnection’

By Tony Ortega, November 24, 2016

Quote:

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, the A&E series that begins airing Tuesday night at 10 pm, opens with Leah Remini talking directly to you against a black background.

It’s an unusual start for a show that wants to explain itself as it goes along. Throughout the first hour of the series, Leah narrates almost as much about how and why she’s doing the program as what’s happening on screen. We found this quality of self-awareness to be one of the episode’s strengths.

And in order to explain how we got here, Leah quickly fills in viewers on her background in Scientology, how she became disaffected, and how she left the church and then wrote a book about it, her bestselling 2015 memoir, Troublemaker.

But getting herself out of Scientology (with her family thankfully intact) didn’t end the questions she had about the organization that had treated her as one of its shining celebrities. (Cue fun archival footage of the King of Queens star giving earnest testimonials about Scientology at Celebrity Centre galas from the past.) Going public with her defection only put her in contact with many more people who had suffered from their association with the organization.

Publishing a book wasn’t enough. Even though she had spoken out, as had so many others just in the last seven years since an epic 2009 Tampa Bay Times series had opened a floodgate of coverage about Scientology, nothing has been done about the organization’s well-documented abuses, and the church continues to split apart families and bully former members who dare to speak up.

So Leah hooks up with her sidekick, the mellifluous Australian who was Scientology’s international spokesman, Mike Rinder, and the avenging duo set off to tell the tales of the victims Scientology has left in its wake.

Their first stop: The Pacific Northwest, where they speak with Amy Scobee and Mat Pesch, two former Scientology “Sea Org” members who are now out of the church and married to each other. Leah also has footage of interviews she did of Amy’s mother, Bonny Elliott, who describes the stunning choice Scientology forced her to make.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/24/le...-with-a-gut-wrenching-story-of-disconnection/
  23. Leah Remini shines light on dark side of Scientology.
    Boston Herald: Leah Remini shines light on dark side of Scientology

http://www.bostonherald.com/enterta...mini_shines_light_on_dark_side_of_scientology

Leah Remini shines light on dark side of Scientology

Heeding the call

Mark Perigard Sunday, November 27, 2016

Leah Remini thought she was done with Scientology after she wrote her best-selling memoir “Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology.”

The actress, best known for her role on the long-running CBS sitcom “King of Queens,” wrote the book to come to terms with leaving the church she had called home since she was 9.

Then a sad thing happened and kept happening — people kept reaching out on social media for help.

So she decided she had to do something about it.

The result is this new docuseries — “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath” — in which she meets with those whose families have been torn apart by the church’s more abusive practices.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Leah Remini's Scientology and the Aftermath review.

Leah Remini's Scientology and the Aftermath review

Chris Shelton

Published on Nov 28, 2016

Leah Remini has produced a new television series called Scientology and the Aftermath which will be premiering November 29, on A&E. I was given an opportunity to see the first episode in advance and I wanted to give you my thoughts on it and highly recommend everyone see it.

/
    • Like Like x 1
  25. From Free Being me on ESMB:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...logy&amp;p=1124364&amp;viewfull=1#post1124364

Secondly, here's another sample of $cienloonpedia ...
    Capture%20daft%20culties_zpscyezi3yj.png
    Appears mental, must be $cientology.

Is it any surprise who are members of $cienloonpedia?
    APIS (Association of Professional Independent Scientologists)
    Italia APIS
    FANZA (Freezone Association of Australia &amp; New Zealand)
    Religious Liberty League
    Ron's Org Committee
    Milestone Two
    Association of Free Scientologists Israel
    Scientology Muster

26. The Wrong Guy Member

27. Leah Remini: Tom Cruise Urged Me to Get Leslie Moonves to Kill '60 Minutes' Scientology Story.

There is much more in the interview. Only the headline material is excerpted below.

The Hollywood Reporter: Leah Remini: Tom Cruise Urged Me to Get Leslie Moonves to Kill '60 Minutes' Scientology Story

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...nves-kill-60-minutes-scientology-story-950903

Did they ever object to the content of the show [‘King of Queens’]?

Yes. They wanted us to take out a reference to Katie Holmes.

Was it a joke about Scientology? Or just a reference to her?

It was just a reference to her name but this was when she was in good graces with the church. Of course they’d have no problem with that once you leave — they’ll try to destroy you and your family. Another time, I got pressure to call Les Moonves at CBS to try and get a 60 Minutes report squashed. I got a call from the church and Tom to call Les Moonves and use my influence to squash the story.

Tom Cruise was on that call?

Yep. So I called Les Moonves, even though I was really uncomfortable with it. And he said, “Listen — you’re not the only one who has called me about this and I have no right to interject my opinion of what I like or don’t like with the news organization of CBS and I will absolutely not engage this conversation. I’ll tell you or anyone else who calls me.” He said, “I don’t give a shit if it’s you, if it’s Tom Cruise, if it’s Jenna Elfman, you’re all going to get the same story from me.” And I said, “OK.” And then I called them back and said, “Hey, I tried.”

What did they say?

They just weren’t happy that I couldn’t squash the story. I said, “I’m just a f—ing actress on television and I can’t demand that my boss take a f—ing report off the air.”

• Like Like x 1
  28. Jeff Jacobsen Member

• Like Like x 1