Customize

Leah Remini TV series about how Scientology rips families apart

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Jun 27, 2016.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini Scientology Series Set at A&E (Exclusive) | Hollywood Reporter

Excerpt:

Though a network representative declined to comment, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Remini has been filming the series over the course of the summer with a launch anticipated in early 2017. Details on the series are slim — not exactly surprising considering its focus on the secretive and wildly controversial church — but it will detail Remini's experience with Scientology and her 2013 departure as well as focus on the families of other church members.

The project is being produced by Remini and reality TV veteran/All3Media America alum Eli Holzman and partner Aaron Saidman under their young IPC (The Intellectual Property Corporation) shingle.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/leah-remini-scientology-series-set-931170

Leah Remini developing Scientology series at A&E | EW

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/20/leah-remini-scientology-series-ae

Leah Remini's TV series about Scientology will premiere in 2017 | The Frisky

http://www.thefrisky.com/2016-09-21...and-hopefully-offer-insights-into-the-church/

Leah Remini to Produce Scientology Reality Series for A&E | The Wrap

http://www.thewrap.com/leah-remini-to-produce-scientology-series-for-ae/

Leah Remini Developing Scientology Series | Yahoo

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/tv-news-roundup-leah-remini-developing-scientology-series-225137425.html
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lainey has a very nice article about this that provides some historical perspective. Read it all.

Lainey Gossip: Circle the Thetan Wagons
    http://www.laineygossip.com/Leah-Re...-series-with-AandE-focusing-on-families/45011

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Back in 2013, Leah Remini was fresh out of Scientology, getting ready for a stint on Dancing with the Stars. At the time, I said it was a smart move – and aggressive. Leah Remini may have been privately scared of the implications of leaving the Church, but publicly she was tough. And it paid off.

Three years on, she’s had a bestselling book, a reality show and she consistently works. She’s still very present. Leah’s career is likely exactly where it would be had she stayed a Scientologist. Her life didn’t fall apart. In fact, she seems to be thriving and incredibly happy in her home and professional life.

[SNIP]

Leah wants us to see MORE. She’s working with A&E on a new show and according to THR, details are scarce. I like this strategy too – a big reveal. Don’t let them see what is coming. It’s something she learned from them.

And what is coming? The show will reportedly focus on families; ones I’m guessing are trying to reconnect with family members still in the Church. So Leah is actually living up to one of the Church tenets to help her community, reach out to people, save families. Save people.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini To Tear David Miscavige A New Asshole | Scientology Bollocks

Quote:

Today will not be a good day for the prisoner – err…I mean, “volunteer” – who cleans David Miscavige’s office. After he hears this news, every mirror will be smashed, every throw pillow with L. Ron Hubbard’s face embroidered onto it will be destroyed, every lace-trimmed Valentine from Tom Cruise and John Travolta will be torn-up into a million little pieces, dozens of pairs of lifts will be thrown about the room. They’ve got a real mess ahead of them.

<snipped>

David Miscavige HATES it when people talk crap about Scientology, so he’s no doubt going to have some words about Leah’s show when it premieres. After Leah was interviewed about Troublemaker by 20/20, the CoS released a statement so bitchy that high school mean girls across the nation wiped tears of pride from their eyes. They called her a “bitter ex-Scientologist” and slapped at her for “pathetically exploiting” her former religion.

I really can’t wait to hear what they have to say after Leah’s show premieres. I hope that it pisses David and Tom off so much that they retaliate with more than a statement. Personally, my heart wishes that they overcompensate on her claims by remaking that beyond-cheesy Scientology propaganda music video.

Continued here, with some comments that are certain to amuse:
    https://www.scientologybollocks.com...tom-cruise-love-bombed-james-packer-get-cult/
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Leah Remini's TV series about Scientology premieres on November 29, at 10 pm.

Hollywood Reporter: A&E's Leah Remini Show to Tackle Scientology "Abuse" and "Harassment"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/a-es-leah-remini-show-tackle-scientology-abuse-harassment-941846

A&E confirmed its new Leah Remini reality show on Thursday, offering details on her Scientology-centric series and announcing an early premiere date.

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath will premiere the first of eight hour-long episodes on Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 10 p.m. As The Hollywood Reporter first reported in September, the series was filmed over the course of the summer. It will follow the former Scientology member as she speaks with others who've left the controversial church. A release from the network said it will dive deep into stories of "abuse, heartbreak and harassment" experienced by those who have left the church.

“This series is about sharing the truth about Scientology," said Remini. "Truth born out of very personal experiences. Truth that is shocking, things I did not expect to find when I embarked on the journey of making these shows. For too long, this multi-billion-dollar organization bullied victims and journalists to prevent the truth being told. It is my hope that we shed light on information that makes the world aware of what is really going on and encourages others to speak up so the abuses can be ended forever. I hope that people who have left now feel they have a safe place to go. I hope others who have also experienced abuses will come forward and help us to do something about it."

• Like Like x 5
  5. Leah Remini’s Scientology Docuseries Gets Premiere Date of Nov 29 at 10 pm on A&E.

Variety: Leah Remini’s Scientology Docuseries Gets Premiere Date on A&E

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/leah-remini-scientology-docuseries-november-1201902763/

“Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath,” Remini’s eight-episode docuseries about the Church of Scientology, has been given a premiere date by A&E: Nov. 29 at 10 p.m.

In the series, Remini meets and interviews former Church members, who all allege abuse and harassment by the Church. A team of former high-ranking Scientology officials helps Remini delve into these stories.

“For too long, this multi-billion-dollar organization bullied victims and journalists to prevent the truth being told,” Remini said. “It is my hope that we shed light on information that makes the world aware of what is really going on and encourages others to speak up so the abuses can be ended forever. I hope that people who have left now feel they have a safe place to go. I hope others who have also experienced abuses will come forward and help us to do something about it.”

• Like Like x 1
  6. Press Release: A&E to premiere docuseries Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath on November 29 at 10 pm ET/PT.

http://www.aenetworks.com/article/ae-network-premiere-new-original-docuseries-leah-remini-scientology-and-aftermath

October 27, 2016
    Megan Tantillo
    Megan.Tantillo@aenetworks.com
    310-556-7542

A&E NETWORK TO PREMIERE NEW ORIGINAL DOCUSERIES ‘LEAH REMINI: SCIENTOLOGY AND THE AFTERMATH’

EIGHT-EPISODE SERIES FOLLOWS LEAH REMINI AS SHE GIVES A VOICE TO FORMER MEMBERS AND HIGH RANKING INSIDERS OF THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY PREMIERING TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29 AT 10 PM ET/PT

NEW YORK, NY – OCTOBER 27, 2016 – A&E Network will premiere the new nonfiction docuseries “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath,” which gives a voice to victims of the Church of Scientology despite public attempts to discredit them. The eight-episode, hour-long series is produced for A&E Network by The Intellectual Property Corporation (IPC). Leah Remini serves as an executive producer. “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath” premieres Tuesday, November 29 at 10 PM ET/PT.

Leah Remini, along with high level former Scientology executives and Church members, delves deep into shocking stories of abuse, heartbreak and harassment experienced by those who have left the church and spoken publicly about their experiences.

“This series is about sharing the truth about Scientology. Truth born out of very personal experiences. Truth that is shocking, things I did not expect to find when I embarked on the journey of making these shows,” Remini said. “For too long, this multi-billion-dollar organization bullied victims and journalists to prevent the truth being told. It is my hope that we shed light on information that makes the world aware of what is really going on and encourages others to speak up so the abuses can be ended forever. I hope that people who have left now feel they have a safe place to go. I hope others who have also experienced abuses will come forward and help us to do something about it."

The series explores individual accounts from ex-Church members and their families through meetings and interviews with Leah. Each episode features stories from former members whose lives have been affected by the Church’s harmful practices, even well after they left the organization. Along with a team of former high-ranking Scientology insiders who understand the inner workings and policies of the organization, Leah gives the victims a chance to be heard.

"Even though I had been a member of the church for a long time, I was stunned by some of the things I learned. There is a lot more to this story than anyone knows," said Remini. "And this series is breaking ground in bringing that information to light."

• Like Like x 3
  7. Quentinanon Member

Excellent, excellent, excellent.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. GO LEAH GO!!!
  9. RightOn Member

OH HELL YEAH!
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Kilia Member

Can't wait for the series to start!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Church Of Scientology Exposed? Leah Remini’s Miniseries To Reveal Scientology’s ‘Abuse' And ‘Harassment’

International Business Times: Church Of Scientology Exposed? Leah Remini’s Miniseries To Reveal Scientology’s ‘Abuse' And ‘Harassment’

http://www.ibtimes.com/church-scientology-exposed-leah-reminis-miniseries-reveal-scientologys-abuse-2438464

Leah Remini is planning to expose the Church of Scientology with her new A&E docuseries "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath." The 46-year-old star will reveal the stories of "abuse, heartbreak and harassment" experienced by those who have left the church.

The actress, who left the church in 2013 after being a member since childhood, said that producing the eight-episode miniseries, where she interviewed alleged victims of Scientology brought things to light that she never realized about the organization.
    "For too long, this multi-billion-dollar organization bullied victims and journalists to prevent the truth being told. It is my hope that we shed light on information that makes the world aware of what is really going on and encourages others to speak up," Remini said in a statement released Thursday by the network.

"Even though I had been a member of the church for a long time, I was stunned by some of the things I learned. There is a lot more to this story than anyone knows," Remini said. "And this series is breaking ground in bringing that information to light."

"Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" premieres Nov. 29 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on A&E.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Official A&E Network page for Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath

So far this looks little more than a placeholder. I believe there will be more later. I'm posting this so people know what the link is.

http://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath gives a voice to victims of the Church of Scientology despite public attempts to discredit them.

Leah Remini, along with high level former Scientology executives and Church members, explores individual accounts from ex-Church members and their families through meetings and interviews with Leah. Each episode features stories from former members whose lives have been affected by the Church's harmful practices, even well after they left the organization. Along with a team of former high-ranking Scientology insiders who understand the inner workings and policies of the organization, Leah gives the victims a chance to be heard.

aSOY44f.png
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini reveals that she’s been stalked during production of her new TV series

By Tony Ortega, October 31, 2016

Quote:

Leah Remini’s A&amp;E television series about the Church of Scientology premieres on November 29, but it’s been filming for months. And in that time, Leah and her production crew have been subject to the usual reaction from the church itself including threatening letters, surveillance, and in Denver an encounter that was especially memorable.

We visited Leah this weekend in Los Angeles on the set of her show, and while she was cautious about the details of what’s in the eight episodes of her series, she did want us to know about how her production has come under fire.

It was a familiar litany. Whether it’s Alex Gibney making his documentary Going Clear, Louis Theroux making My Scientology Movie, or Ron Miscavige revealing secrets about his son Scientology leader David Miscavige in his memoir Ruthless, the church’s reaction follows a familiar pattern: Lots of lawyer letters, and creepy stalking.

This summer, Leah was in Denver spending time with well known former Scientologists Marc and Claire Headley. The Headleys were Sea Org workers at Scientology’s secretive international base until their escape in 2005. We’ve featured them many times, and you’re probably familiar with the ordeal they went through — including Claire’s two forced abortions. (Sea Org women were compelled to have abortions from about 1982 to 2010 by Scientology, reasoning that children were a hindrance when you want employees to work 112 hours a week for pennies an hour.)

Leah was with the Headleys at a restaurant one day when she noticed that there were two cars parked across the street in an empty lot, and the two drivers were talking to each other. She thought it was strange, and suspected that they were Scientology-hired private investigators. (The Headleys, who at one point sued the church, have a very long history of being stalked by Scientology private eyes.)

“I was having dinner with Marc and Claire, and I noticed two cars parked across the street in an empty lot,” Leah says. “I asked Claire, do you think we’re being followed?”

The next day, it became even more obvious that they had picked up a number of private eyes as tails.

“They weren’t doing a very good job of being inconspicuous. I think they wanted to be seen,” Leah says. “I was with Mike Rinder. And it became obvious that they were spying on us.”

Rinder, the former Scientology spokesman, is used to being under constant surveillance by the church. But for Leah, it was relatively unusual. We’ve noted in the past that she had largely escaped the heavy stalking and harassment that other former Scientologists have had to put up with. But in Denver, Leah found herself being targeted.

Two of the men were standing outside of the hotel where Leah was staying. She decided it was time to get some answers.

“Mike went to confront them. One took off, but Mike got in the face of the other one,” she says.
    Leah’s crew managed to catch a pretty good image of the man.

Daril_Cinquanta2-e1477804840199.jpg

Over the years, we’ve seen or written about many of Scientology’s private investigators. They tend to be former cops (but not always), and what they also have in common is that they tend to be no one you’ve ever heard of before. A few become notorious for working for Scientology, but otherwise these are people, mostly men, who don’t want to be recognized.

This time, it was different. Leah showed the photograph around, and it turned out that her stalker was actually a well known personality in Denver.

Daril Cinquanta was one of Denver’s most well known police officers in the 1970s and 1980s. He and his former partner, Larry Subia, were called Denver’s “super cops.”

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/10/31/le...alked-during-production-of-her-new-tv-series/
    • Like Like x 2
  14. VIDEO: Watch Leah Remini Fight Scientology in First Trailer for New Docuseries.

Yahoo! TV - VIDEO: Watch Leah Remini Fight Scientology in First Trailer for New Docuseries

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/exclusive-watch-leah-remini-fight-214000247.html

Video at link.

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Leah Remini is taking her experience with the Church of Scientology to TV.

The King of Queens star is trying to shed light on the Church in the A&E docuseries, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, and the new trailer, premiering exclusively on ET, shows just how intense her convictions are.

"My whole life I was a very dedicated Scientologist. I didn't want to find out what I'd done was a lie," the 46-year-old actress says in the trailer, which is intercut with former members emotionally recalling their experience with Scientology. "Something inside of me was saying, 'Get them out of this thing.'"

"Fight for your family, fight for your daughters, your sons," she adds. "Wake up."

Remini, who left Scientology in 2013 after being a member since childhood and has since disavowed the Church, is executive producing the eight-part series.

"This series is about sharing the truth about Scientology," Remini said in a statement about the show. "Truth born out of very personal experiences. Truth that is shocking, things I did not expect to find when I embarked on the journey of making these shows."

"Even though I had been a member of the Church for a long time, I was stunned by some of the things I learned. There is a lot more to this story than anyone knows," she added. "And this series is breaking ground in bringing that information to light."

ET has reached out to the Church of Scientology.

The Church has previously responded to Remini's past criticisms, including claims made in her book, Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology, saying in a statement to ET, "It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini with an insatiable craving for attention would exploit her former faith as a publicity stunt by rewriting her history with it, including omitting that she was participating in a program to remain a Scientologist by her own choice, as she was on the verge of being expelled for her ethical lapses."

Watch the video below for more on the show.

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath premieres on Tuesday, Nov. 29 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on A&E.

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  15. VIDEO: Watch Leah Remini Take on Scientology in First Trailer for New Docuseries: 'Fight For Your Family'

Entertainment Tonight - EXCLUSIVE: Watch Leah Remini Take on Scientology in First Trailer for New Docuseries: 'Fight For Your Family'

http://www.etonline.com/tv/201767_leah_remini_scientology_docuries_trailer_exclusive/

Video at link.

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Leah Remini is taking her experience with the Church of Scientology to TV.

The King of Queens star is trying to shed light on the Church in the A&E docuseries, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, and the new trailer, premiering exclusively on ET, shows just how intense her convictions are.

"My whole life I was a very dedicated Scientologist. I didn't want to find out what I'd done was a lie," the 46-year-old actress says in the trailer, which is intercut with former members emotionally recalling their experience with Scientology. "Something inside of me was saying, 'Get them out of this thing.'"

"Fight for your family, fight for your daughters, your sons," she adds. "Wake up."

Remini, who left Scientology in 2013 after being a member since childhood and has since disavowed the Church, is executive producing the eight-part series.

"This series is about sharing the truth about Scientology," Remini said in a statement about the show. "Truth born out of very personal experiences. Truth that is shocking, things I did not expect to find when I embarked on the journey of making these shows."

"Even though I had been a member of the Church for a long time, I was stunned by some of the things I learned. There is a lot more to this story than anyone knows," she added. "And this series is breaking ground in bringing that information to light."

ET has reached out to the Church of Scientology.

The Church has previously responded to Remini's past criticisms, including claims made in her book, Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology, saying in a statement to ET, "It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini with an insatiable craving for attention would exploit her former faith as a publicity stunt by rewriting her history with it, including omitting that she was participating in a program to remain a Scientologist by her own choice, as she was on the verge of being expelled for her ethical lapses."

Watch the video below for more on the show.

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath premieres on Tuesday, Nov. 29 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on A&E.

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  16. YouTube - EXCLUSIVE: Leah Remini Vows to Get the Truth About Scientology in Trailer for New Docu-Series.

17. The Wrong Guy Member

What the first trailer for Leah Remini’s Scientology series tells us about her show

By Tony Ortega, November 2, 2016

Quote:

Last night, the A&E network released a trailer for Leah Remini’s upcoming series about Scientology, and wow, does it look great.

We thought we’d slow it down and take a look at the people in it, provide a few links about who they are, and just bask in this moment. We can hardly wait for November 29 and the start of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/02/wh...s-scientology-series-tells-us-about-her-show/
  18. The Church of Scientology responds to Leah Remini.

The current Church of Scientology Google Ad when one searches for "Remini Scientology" states, "Watch Leah Remini videos in - her own words. Learn the truth." So far, the link attached to such text does not link to any videos. It appears the COS will soon start putting up videos Leah Remini did extolling the Church of Scientology when she was a member. Right now, such text links to the following statement:

Code:
    www.scientologynews.org/statements/leah-remini.html

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Leah Remini has become what she once declared she never wanted to be known as: “this bitter ex-Scientologist.” As USA Today wrote, Ms. Remini is “as famous for being an ex-Scientologist as she is as an actress.” She needs to move on with her life instead of pathetically exploiting her former religion, her former friends and other celebrities for money and attention to appear relevant again.

Sadly, bitterness and anger are common threads through Ms. Remini’s life. Ms. Remini is showing herself to be a spoiled entitled diva who still obsessively complains about such petty matters as her seating placement, limo ride, five-star hotel accommodations and the paparazzi’s failure to recognize her nearly a decade ago. She also inserts herself uninvited into the family matters of others. Rather than take responsibility for self-inflicted problems, she is quick to blame others. When her firing from The Talk erupted into a public embarrassment for her in 2012, we tried to help pick her up off the floor. But she treated everyone around her in a degrading, bullying manner. Her behavior was intolerable.

Leah Remini knows the truth she conveniently rewrites in her revisionist history. The real story is that she desperately tried to remain a Scientologist in 2013, knowing full well she was on the verge of being expelled for refusing to abide by the high level of ethics and decency Scientologists are expected to maintain. Her repeated ethical lapses and callous treatment of others led to an ecclesiastical review which resulted in her being expelled. She now regurgitates the tired myths the Church has repeatedly debunked, circulated by the same tiny clique of expelled former staffers bitter at having lost the positions they enjoyed before their malfeasance and unethical conduct were uncovered. Ms. Remini is now joined at the hip with this collection of deadbeats, admitted liars, self-admitted perjurers, wife beaters and worse.

Ms. Remini also continues her obnoxious efforts to harass the leader of the Church of Scientology and his wife, with whom Ms. Remini has been obsessed and has stalked for years. This culminated in a scandalous report filed in 2013 with the Los Angeles Police Department that her book shows was a fraud from the outset. It was solely intended to get publicity and harass the leader of the religion and his wife, who had refused contact with Ms. Remini because of her disgraceful behavior that was both abusive and unethical. Ms. Remini also outrageously touts that the LAPD failed to do its job when it investigated her phony report and within hours unambiguously declared it “unfounded,” causing her stunt to blow up in her face. Anyone knowingly making a false report to law enforcement is a bald-faced liar who should be held accountable for diverting police from protecting the public.

Scientology is the only major religion to be founded in the 20th century and emerge as a major religion in the 21st century. The Church has grown more in the past decade than in its first 50 years combined under the ecclesiastical leadership of Mr. Miscavige, a visionary parishioners and Church staff hold in the highest regard for carrying out the legacy of the Scientology Founder through the renaissance the religion is now experiencing. Mr. Miscavige works tirelessly for the parishioners and their benefit and to aid millions through support and participation in global humanitarian initiatives and social betterment programs. The real story of the Church of Scientology, what it does, its beliefs and practices, is available at
    Code:
    www.scientology.org

The True Story

A Decade of Expansion

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *
  19. Leah Remini: SJW (Scientology Justice Warrior).

As usual, Lainey Gossip has a strong take on this.

Lainey Gossip: Leah Remini: SJW (Scientology Justice Warrior)

http://www.laineygossip.com/First-trailer-for-Leah-Reminis-Scientology-docuseries-released/45373

The first trailer for Leah Remini’s Scientology show is here – and it’s as crazy as an alien volcano explosion (or whatever Scientology is). The trailer is short but it includes a lot of accusations you’d know about if you watched Going Clear, like the practice of disconnection and accusations of physical abuse.

But here is where the trailer got interesting (for me): I did not know the Church has been accused of facilitating or covering up rape. It makes sense, considering young people were allegedly put in vulnerable positions with older men. Scientology has a rigid hierarchy, and families basically give up their lives (and children) to the Sea Org. But to have a rape victim speak out this publicly – have we seen this before?

And it’s coming at time when these conversations are actually being received (in a large part thanks to social media). This isn’t to say victims are unanimously believed – that is far from the truth – but there is a lot more space for individuals to speak out about institutions that ignored or willfully covered up abuse in their ranks.

Leah’s role in this can’t be denied because she knows good TV and let’s face it – at this point she probably gets a bit of petty joy out of antagonizing David Miscavige. Who wouldn’t? They thought they could destroy her and she’s flourishing. She’s been on TV for most of her life, and she’s done a reality show with her family. She’s dramatic, she’s bossy, she’s incredulous. She is an actress – reacting is literally her job, and she goes EXTRA with it. This is her lane.

20. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology strikes back at Leah Remini as publicity for her upcoming series explodes

By Tony Ortega, November 3, 2016

Excerpts:

In a completely characteristic move, the church is paying for ads on Google that pop up when you search on Leah’s name.

Clicking on the link takes you to Scientology’s news website, where it has posted a statement about Remini. It’s not unusual for Scientology to throw shade like this at its former members. But taken as a whole, this is a pretty remarkable broadside, and we figured it could do with a little annotation.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/03/sc...s-publicity-for-her-upcoming-series-explodes/
    • Like Like x 3
  21. RightOn Member

"Anyone knowingly making a false report to law enforcement is a bald-faced liar who should be held accountable for diverting police from protecting the public."

BWA HA HA!!!! OH HA HA HAHA HAHAH AHAHHA!!!!!
    Hypocrite much?
    YES AGREED! ANYONE GUILTY SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE! SO HOW COME SO MANY GUILTY COS MEMBERS WERE NEVER CHARGED FOR MAKING FALSE REPORTS?
    Scientologists have called the police on protestors for so many years with false reports. And some protestors had video proof that nothing actually happened, yet the police never pressed charges on any COS members for filing false reports.
    The COS has also taken it much further and had people arrested and jailed because of false reports they filed. Dragged them to court and waste the court's time.
    Done venting. That line in their response just sent me reeling!
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Quentinanon Member

Just keep in mind:
    If it isn't a lie, it isn't scientology.
    If it isn't fraud, it isn't scientology.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Possible follow-up series? New Evidence? New Case? Suspicious? Trap?

Perhaps I'm too suspicious. Perhaps there is something here. Anyone recognize Michael Winters?

https://twitter.com/LeahRemini/status/794415257749860352

0Vq9mS2.png

As of right now, the @MWinters8675309 account has two tweets as follows:

https://twitter.com/MWinters8675309

xXpGbMI.png

I'll note that A Michael Winters (not necessarily the same person) has commented numerous times on Mike Rinder's blog. (Perhaps Mike Rinder knows him?) The Michael Winters who comments on Mike Rinder's blog appears to be an Ex-Scientologist or perhaps an Independent Scientologist. For example:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-disconnection/#comment-135302

M2vtNfc.png
  24. RightOn Member

sniff sniff fresh meat for the list?
  25. TrevAnon Member

26. Leah Remini Responds To And Tweets Out Scientology Attack Page.

Leah Remini tweeted the following to her 410,000 followers.

Others have retweeted it. And will continue to do so.

I guess the Church of Scientology would consider this a "BIG WIN" in getting their message out. Congratulations. Very Well Done.

https://twitter.com/LeahRemini/status/794594253745700864

Zf9RkRG.png
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini schools us on what motivates Scientologists to toe the line

By Tony Ortega, November 11, 2016

Quote:

Last month, we found ourselves having dinner in some pretty special company. We had flown out to Los Angeles and sat down for a meal with BBC journalist John Sweeney, longtime Scientology critic Mark Bunker, former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder, and the person who had brought us all together, actress, producer, and Troublemaker author Leah Remini.

We were there to talk about her upcoming series for A&E, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, and it was a real treat to discuss it with these figures we admire so much.

We can’t go into too much detail about what we talked about, but there was one moment we wanted to describe for you. We had fallen onto the subject of Scientology’s snitching culture, that everyone in the church is constantly watching everyone else and looking for any reason to turn people in for breaking the rules. Children are expected to turn in their own parents if they catch them watching television programs critical of Scientology or looking at websites like the one you’re looking at now. Husbands turn in wives, brothers turn in sisters, and once they’ve been snitched on Scientologists undergo abusive interrogations that can literally take weeks to complete — and at the end of it, they’re billed for it!

One of the most startling examples of this is the story of Sylvia DeWall, which we wrote about last year. A friend of Sylvia’s turned her in for, among other things, watching Leah Remini on Dancing with the Stars and sending emails to Mike Rinder. Sylvia was interrogated for three weeks and had to pay $4,500 for the privilege.

We have heard many other stories about interrogations and families being ripped apart after someone had snitched on their parent or child doing things the church considered “out-ethics.” And we said it was all an example of how Scientology ruled its members through fear.

To our surprise, Leah spoke up and told us we had it wrong. It wasn’t fear, necessarily, that kept Scientologists in line.

“It’s certainty. It’s being part of something special,” she said. Scientologists are made to feel that they’re on a crucial mission that will save the planet, and that they have the only answers to the earth’s problems.

And that feeling is reinforced, she said, by the lies that the organization constantly tells them. “It’s the amazing and fraudulent stats the church puts out that make us believe we’re doing good for the world. So when you are told you’re doing amazing things to help mankind, then listening to or looking at anything negative about your church, is ‘contra-survival.’ You don’t want to look, because you are brainwashed into thinking that those things or people just don’t know the good the church is doing.”

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/12/le...hat-motivates-scientologists-to-toe-the-line/
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Debbie Cook (Baumgarten) follows Leah Remini on Twitter.

Obviously, this is of no great importance. Still, it is the type of small detail I like to keep track of and note when I can.

https://twitter.com/LeahRemini/with_replies

JwXRYo8.png
    • Like Like x 3
  29. RightOn Member

This will be bright spot at the end of the month after this shameful election
  30. VIDEO - Sweeney vs. Scientology: Narrated by Leah Remini. [Audio from Leah Remini's audiobook, Troublemaker.]

Down Chunder

Published on Oct 23, 2016

The saga of BBC journalist John Sweeney and his 2007 run-in with the Church of Scientology, narrated by Leah Remini. Audio from Remini's audiobook, 'Troublemaker' (2015).
    • Like Like x 1
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology’s websites try a little too hard to convince you that all is right in crazy town

By Tony Ortega, November 16, 2016

Quote:

We have some really big stories coming down the pike for you, and we’re also waiting eagerly for the November 29 launch of Leah Remini’s series Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath. But while we wait for new court documents to come in and other juicy material, we do experience a little downtime. And so we took advantage of it to root around Scientology’s various slick websites.

We don’t usually spend a lot of time over there. We can only take reading about Scientology’s amazing “expansion” for so long before our eyes glaze over. But we did manage to find a few items that entertained us.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/16/sc...convince-you-that-all-is-right-in-crazy-town/