Customize

Leah Remini TV series about how Scientology rips families apart

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Got my DVR set. Might have to delete something though.

Sorry Ant-Man.
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

In ‘Scientology and the Aftermath,’ Leah Remini Uncovers The Disturbing Ways Scientology Attacks Its Critics | Decider

http://decider.com/2017/05/30/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath-special/

Leah Remini previews LAPD, Paul Haggis involvement in season 2 of Scientology series | EW

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/30/scientology-and-aftermath-leah-remini-previews-season-2/

To counter Leah Remini’s return to A&E, Scientology recruits her father in smear attack | The Underground Bunker

http://tonyortega.org/2017/05/30/to...ientology-recuits-her-father-in-smear-attack/
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Amy Dawson, the woman that appears with Leah Remini's biological father, has posted the videos to her youtube channel which have over 10,000 views.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfmAbhnNP9TzNgX94mchLRQ/about

"I’m a freelancer pitching to different media what I believe is a good story worthy of getting picked up. Recently I interviewed Leah Remin's father, George Remini, and his wife Dana, who offered new insight into Leah Remini."

"For business inquiries: amydawsonnews@gmail.com"
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. mojo Member

Another brilliant and compelling episode by Leah!
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

'Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath' Season 2 Release Date, Latest News: Production of 10-Episode Season Already Underway | The Christian Post

http://www.christianpost.com/news/l...of-10-episode-season-already-underway-185671/

Leah Remini's Got a Lot Planned for the Second Season of Her Scientology Series | sheknows

If the Church of Scientology wasn't already scared of Leah Remini (let's be honest; it should have been scared from Day 1), it will be now.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainme...remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath-season-2
    • Like Like x 2
  7. VIDEO PREVIEW - Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath Season 2 - Alleged Rape and Child Abuse.

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Scientology, Rape, and Child Abuse: Police Get Involved

Scientology Aftermath

Published on May 31, 2017

Victims reveal fresh accusations of rape and child abuse against Scientology, and police get involved.

These promotional clips are from a special Season 2 preview episode of "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath." Season 2 is tentatively scheduled to premiere in summer 2017.

The preview episode this came from is Season 1, Episode 9, "Merchants of Fear," and is available on A&E for free to cable and satellite subscribers:
    http://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath/season-1/episode-9

Otherwise, the cheapest place to buy it is Google Play.
    $1.99: https://play.google.com/store/tv/show?id=AHLr-qAYAig

It's also available on Amazon.
    $2.99: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NARXR5B

And iTunes.
    $2.99: https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath/id1173621511

Category
    People & Blogs

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Leah Remini Joins ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Season 2 as Series Regular

Variety: Leah Remini Joins ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Season 2 as Series Regular

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/kevin-can-wait-season-2-leah-remini-1202452704/

* ** * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Joe Otterson
    TV Reporter
    @JoeOtterson

Leah Remini is joining the Kevin James sitcom “Kevin Can Wait” as a series regular for Season 2, Variety has learned.

The series stars James as a New York cop who retires after 20 years on the force, only to discover retirement is not as easy as he thought it would be. Remini previously appeared in the Season 1 finale as Vanessa Cellucci, an undercover cop and the former partner of James’ character. She will reprise that role for the show’s second season this fall. James and Remini previously starred together as husband and wife for nine seasons on the hit series “The King of Queens,” which also aired on CBS.

Remini has been in the news frequently the past few years for her very public departure from the Church of Scientology. She has become an outspoken critic of the Church, publishing her memoir “Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology” in 2015. In 2016, her docu-series “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath” debuted on A&E. That series was recently picked up for a second season.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Part 2 of the Chris Crimy [@MiamiSixthMan] of Come Get Sum [@CGS_Extra] interview with Brandon Reisdorf [@BrandoReisdorf] about Scientology and tricky donation reporting.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cgsher...-sum-extra-scientology-brandon-reisdorf-part2

Brandon talks about how in the case against him Scientology Lawyers flirted with Perjury, How happy he is now he's out and a little about Bipolar Disorder. Also 10 Questions!!

What is a Manic Episode? Is Sea Org scarier than Stepford? ANd who is my next HUGE guest!?! Find out the answers to these questions and more on this edition of Come Get Sum Extra!!!

Find out the answer to these questions and more on this edition of Come Get Sum Extra!!!!

Follow Brandon on Twitter: @brandoreisdorf

Help Brandon with legal fees: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/51CrD7

10. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

Donna Fiore says Scientology is hounding her for dirt on stepdaughter Leah Remini

By Tony Ortega, June 5, 2017

Quote:

Last week we told you about a new smear video that had been uploaded to the website the Church of Scientology uses to attack Leah Remini and her A&E series, Scientology and the Aftermath. The video was posted just hours before a new two-hour Aftermath special was aired on Memorial Day, last Monday night.

The video featured Leah’s estranged father, George Remini, 69, and his 36-year-old wife, Dana Connaughton. The two of them were apparently filmed at their dining room table, and during one point in the 18-minute video, we could hear a woman’s voice asking questions.

The video appeared on a page at the attack website that also contained an email written several years ago by Leah Remini’s stepmother, Donna Fiore. It was a brutal email, but we called up Donna and she explained that it was written just days after the death of her youngest daughter, Stephanie, Leah’s half-sister, and her emotions were raw. She characterized it as typical of “an Italian family,” and said it did not reflect how she felt about her stepdaughter. She said she had no idea how Scientology had a copy of the email.

Donna told us that she called the Church of Scientology and asked about the email, and also asked when she would get to film her own rebuttal video. She was told that Scientology was willing to fly her that night to the Washington DC to make her own video for Scientology’s use. She told us she wasn’t serious and was just “winding up” the people at the church.

But since that day, utter chaos has visited Donna’s life. On Friday, she told us that Scientologists suddenly showed up at her home, and they have spent several days showing up and calling her, hounding her about making a video. She even says they promised to indemnify her if, while recording the video, she said something libelous and Leah decided to sue her over it.

“The first time they came I was alone and I didn’t answer the door,” she says about the woman from Scientology and a man who was with her. “I ended up talking to her on Friday and left her with very clear terms. I am not doing anything derogatory to Leah, and that’s it.”

But then, Saturday morning, “the door rang at 8:30 am, then 9:30, and then 10 o’clock. And then I called the police. But they were gone by the time the police came. She then called me and asked me to lunch,” Donna says with a laugh. “I have been under some kind of invasion.”

Donna tells us she has no plans to give in to Scientology’s pressure tactics. Instead, she wrote for us a statement that she wanted to make public. And here it is.

My name is Donna Fiore, formerly Donna Remini. I am Leah Remini’s stepmother and have been for more than forty years, since she was five years old. She still is and always will be that to me. I was married to her biological father George Remini for 28 of those years.

George Remini, 69, and his current 36-year-old wife, Dana Connaughton-Remini, recently did a video interview for Scientology badmouthing Leah, (his own daughter) with lies, slander, and more lies. I’m taking this opportunity to refute George and Dana’s totally false and vicious narrative against Leah, as well as those allegations made against me.

I was never involved in any way with Scientology, and during the time Leah and her sister Nicole were members, I always felt it was trying to control Leah in every way possible, as well as trying to separate her from her family. If she and I hadn’t loved each other, our relationship would have never survived. We did, we do, and it has.

Scientologists masquerading as reporters for Scientology’s propaganda magazine, Freedom, have called me repeatedly and then showed up to my home. I never gave them my phone number or address and yet they showed up, unannounced, and have harassed me to give them dirt on my stepdaughter Leah, even offering to fly me to D.C to interview me there.

When I explained to them that Leah was a victim of an abusive and neglectful father (as were his four other daughters) they wanted nothing to do with that information, but continued to try and press me for “dirt.”

Clearly, they have an agenda and it is not an agenda to get the truth.

When I explained to the Scientologist who showed up at my home that I had nothing to say about Leah that could help them, she implied that if I said anything on video for them about Leah that was libelous, the Church of Scientology and its magazine Freedom would cover my legal fees.

Outrageous.

They have come to my home seven times in three days. On Saturday, I called the police in hopes that that they would get the message.

For Scientology to go to these extremes says a lot about what this organization is: An organization that knows no bounds to attack its former members.

This is not the work of a legitimate church.

As a child of a broken home — in the 1950’s yet — I empathized with Leah and Nicole going through divorcing parents, getting used to a new woman, and meeting new siblings. It was hard for me and because of that, I took my step-mothering responsibilities seriously. My feelings for them are maternal. Their mother Vicki and I never ever argued with each other in all that time, and we still haven’t. In fact, whenever we do get together, we laugh our asses off.

As for their father, George never had any time for his daughters, and I find his self-serving “poor pitiful me” act sickening.

I left George Remini in 2003, and I also left the state in order to get as far away from him as I could.

As for Dana, although she is younger than George’s own daughters, she is old enough to know exactly what she is doing. She is using Leah’s name to further her own agenda. Dana has met Leah twice in her lifetime; once when Leah flew her and George out to visit with her in California and another when they appeared on Leah’s TLC show. Dana is not Leah’s stepmother. She has never met George’s other daughters nor has she met any of George’s grandchildren. Two are now in college. Not one greeting card, not one call from either of them.

Sofia, Leah’s daughter, has consistently reached out to them over her 13 years of life, and not one email or call has been answered by either of them.

George is a criminal. He is weak, small, petty, greedy, vulgar, crude, a liar, a thief, a user, an abuser and a manipulator of the highest magnitude. And that is being kind.

These are not the words of a bitter ex-wife, but rather the words of a woman who put up with this for close to three decades and finally found my strength to leave.

These are the words of a stepmother who did the best she could do for her stepchildren, and now doing what I always tried to do for Leah and her sisters: to defend them the best I know. I did then and I will do it now.

This is the simple truth concerning George Remini and his wife Dana: Their exaggerations and lies bear no resemblance to the truth.

Source: http://tonyortega.org/2017/06/05/do...her-for-dirt-on-her-stepdaughter-leah-remini/

Below the article, Ortega also left this comment. Quote:

Tony Ortega Mod • 4 hours ago

Yes, speaking of dirty tricks, this is just in the last week, that we know about: Donna Fiore hounded by Scientologists at her home. Mark Ebner pranked by an OSA operative threatening to turn him in for a nonexistent sex crime. A major network spun by Scientology's top attorney so completely, it turned Scientology's bullying into victimhood. And an article in a major Irish newspaper pulled down from the Internet minutes after it went live.

Funny, how some people insist that Scientology isn't up to its old tricks, or doesn't harass media like it used to.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Quentinanon Member

Donna Fiore ought to sue the scientology crime syndicate for the repeated harassment she has sustained.
    Also looks like the scienazis are engaging in criminal stalking of her that requires a police investigation of that crooked business.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

14. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini NOT Confronting Tom Cruise Over Scientology, Despite Report

By Andrew Shuster, Gossip Cop

Quote:

A new report claims former Scientologist Leah Remini is planning to publicly confront Tom Cruise over the practices of the controversial religion, but the story is entirely made-up. Gossip Cop can exclusively clear up the situation.

The actress, who’s been an outspoken detractor of both Cruise and Scientology since leaving the church in 2013, hosts an A&E docuseries investigating alleged wrongdoings within the religion. The latest issue of In Touch now quotes a supposed “source” as saying Remini “has been dying to confront” Cruise and plans to do so on her TV series.

“She had planned to finally ambush him at the LA premiere of The Mummy and ask him to tell the truth about Scientology and why he hasn’t seen his daughter [Suri] in years,” says the dubious insider. “But The Mummy didn’t have a premiere in LA. Leah finds that suspicious.” The outlet’s questionable source further contends that Remini is now “looking for another opportunity for a confrontation” and even believes she can convince Cruise to help her “take down Scientology.”

Gossip Cop, however, checked in with a reliable source close to Remini, who exclusively assures us the magazine’s claims are “100 percent untrue.” The actress never attempted to accost Cruise with TV cameras at his movie premiere, nor is she plotting any other showdown with the actor. The actress certainly isn’t afraid to publicly condemn the religion, but she isn’t hunting down Cruise for a face-off.

Of course, this isn’t the first time we’ve had to debunk a false tabloid report surrounding the religion. Gossip Cop previously debunked an OK! cover story alleging Cruise was leaving Scientology after supposedly falling in love with The Mummy co-star Annabelle Wallis. Shortly after that fabrication, we called out the National Enquirer for wrongly reporting Cruise was quitting Hollywood and moving to Scientology headquarters in Florida. This latest article is equally bogus.

Source: http://www.gossipcop.com/leah-remini-tom-cruise-scientology-confront/
  15. PODCAST: Chris Crimy [@MiamiSixthMan] Come Get Sum Scientology Truth [@CGS_Extra] conversation with Leah Remini [@LeahRemini] about Scientology and the Aftermath.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cgshere/2017/06/09/come-get-sum-extrascientology--this-is-leah-remini

Leah and I have a casual conversation about the mentality behind the criticisms of Scientology, of her and Scientology and The Aftermath. We cover everything from empty Orgs to the treatment of children and hierarchy from Public Scientologists and differing levels of Celebrity.

What's coming up on season 2 of Scientology and the Aftermath? How did she get her family to not disconnect and leave with her? Is Kevin James the sexiest heavyset man in Hollywood? and How do I SUM up Leah Remini?

Find out the answer to these questions and more on this special edition of Come Get Sum Extra uncut in it's entirety!!!!

Follow Leah on Twitter: @LeahRemini

Stream Scientology and the Aftermath: http://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath

• Like Like x 2
  16. Congrats to Chris on getting the big star on his show!
  17. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Reality TV Roundtable: Leah Remini, RuPaul on Breaking Points and Facing "Haters"

Five top unscripted makers — also including Kris Jenner, SallyAnn Salsano and W. Kamau Bell — open up about the challenges of living your life on camera ("Stop thinking about what America will think") and raising a "middle finger up to society."

By Lacey Rose, Hollywood Reporter

Quote:

Each time SallyAnn Salsano launches a new reality show, of which there have been many, including Jersey Shore and the VH1 breakout Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party, she doles out the same advice: "Stop thinking about what America will think." Instead, she tells her subjects, "worry about your five best friends and your parents. You want to be true to them." That authenticity no doubt has been key to the success of the four unscripted talents — W. Kamau Bell, 44; Leah Remini, 46; RuPaul, 56; and Kris Jenner, 61 — who joined Salsano, 43, in early May for THR's annual Reality Roundtable discussion. Over the course of an hour, they spoke candidly about their desires and concerns when it comes to putting themselves and others onscreen.

Why do you think your respective shows are striking a chord, and what does their success say about our culture today?

LEAH REMINI (Scientology and the Aftermath, A&E) The Church of Scientology has been in the news, but more so for fodder and a headline. What we are trying to do is show that this is a real thing that's tearing families apart. People really had no idea. It was like, "Oh, this is that crazy thing where Tom Cruise is jumping on a couch and everybody believes in aliens?" I think that worked for a very long time to sell headlines. But we're showing how a person actually can get there, and that's what's resonating. Also, we're standing up to a bully and, in a culture where people are feeling apathetic, we're representing a group of courageous people who are saying, "No, I'm going to do something about it."

<snipped>

When was the last time you were genuinely nervous to tell a story?

<snipped>

REMINI I feel scared every time I sit down with somebody, even though I was in the Church of Scientology for 35 years. I was raised in it.

Scared of what exactly?

REMINI I'm scared to hear what they're going to tell me.

SALSANO Like, it's worse than you think?

REMINI Yes.

<snipped>

Are you also scared of the repercussions of exposing the church?

REMINI Oh, no, no, no. Don't misunderstand me. People who know me know that I have a very big mouth, and I have been that way since I was a kid. I would go up against men and go, "What, what are you going to do?" They were like, "I'd knock you out in two seconds." I'm all, "Try it, try it!" But I never want to give the organization of Scientology the idea that anybody is scared of them. We are not. And the more they react in the way that they do, it makes me think we're doing the right thing.

JENNER It's a very brave thing to do.

REMINI But it's not me, that's the thing. I wish I could say, "Look how brave I am." I'm telling their stories. When we leave, they go back to their regular lives, and they are the ones the church goes after. When we air a show, I go, "Just know, within minutes your daughter is going to be saying horrific things about you on the church hate website." Literally every single person who has done a story about Scientology has a hate website on them.

<snipped>

REMINI I'm sure everybody in the public eye hears, "Well, you should be used to it by now." But I'm like, "What?! Do you think that we in the public eye should be immune to having insults hurled at us all day?" It's not easy to put your family on TV. I did it for two seasons [on TLC's Leah Remini: It's All Relative], and I was like, "I'm out."

<snipped>

What was the breaking point for you?

REMINI Because my mother's a pain in the ass, OK? (Laughter.) Imagine working with your mom!

JENNER That's how my kids feel, trust me.

REMINI And I'm producing, and we're doing an interview, and my daughter doesn't want to do it, and she's like, "What am I getting out of this? Why am I here? I have dance class."

JENNER "Where's my check?"

REMINI She just wanted gifts! She wanted to be gifted things. And I was like, "I don't know if TLC does that. Read your contract." She had a whole list. "I want this Gucci thing, I want …" I was like, "Slow your roll, please." And then my mother is giving me a note like, "You shouldn't wear black all the time," and "You're looking a little heavier now." It's not an easy thing to work with your family. And then you are constantly being barraged with insults toward you, toward your kids, toward anybody who is around. We're putting our life out there for entertainment. You don't need to make a comment about the way I look or the way my daughter looks. Imagine walking down the street and somebody going, "You look like shit." Or, "I don't love that jacket, buddy."

<snipped>

Leah, how much vetting is done of the people who are going to tell their stories on your show?

REMINI It's funny you ask that because when we started the show, legal was like, "Do you know this person personally?" I said, "I don't need to know the person. I just know that they're telling the truth." I thought, "How dare you. This is not somebody who is getting paid to be on this show; there are repercussions to them being on the show." And what the hell fame would they get from saying, "I was coerced by my church to get an abortion"? Or, "I was raped by someone." … I mean, nobody really wants to tell that story. So there is no vetting. I take their word for it.

Do you keep in touch with these people after the episode airs?

REMINI They have my cellphone number and [use it] all the time. It's a very emotional struggle for them, and they think about things after they've said it, and they text me. I have 50,000 memos on my phone: "Make sure you don't put this in." "This one doesn't want to say that." And so, when I'm editing, I'm like, "Hang on, I got 50 pages of notes that I got to go through." But I do that because they were brave enough to come on the show, and I made them a promise that I'm going to take care of them.

<snipped>

Did anyone tell you guys not to do these shows? And if so, why?

REMINI Everybody on my team told me not to. They want me to be an actress. They don't want me to be known as somebody who does a show about Scientology. I'm like, "What am I going to do? Not do it? This is my passion."

The full article is here:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...-rupaul-breaking-points-facing-haters-1011639
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Leah Remini thanks Chris Crimy for the interview.

https://twitter.com/LeahRemini/status/874445277494517762

cNlt0U5.png
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

Insupprresible.jpg

“Insupressable” rocks the Fringe Festival

By Ron Irwin, Los Angeles Post-Examiner

Quote:

It is a short play, only about 40 minutes. It has a relatively large cast eight for a fairly diminutive venue. It is actually a musical. It is also a powerful message delivered with humor and wit and it is based upon noted actor/producer Leah Remini who is also very much anti-Church of Scientology.

In the role of Leah Remini is the abundantly talented Leslie Rubino. Over a very short time span we see Leah transition from a very unhappy low level worker aboard a ship, to a rapidly rising star and finally a very much disillusioned member of the Church of Scientology. For obvious reasons there is also a portrayal of Tom Cruise played by Daved Wilkins. It is all very well played if at times a little chaotic and it tells a tale long well known especially in Hollywood.

It is uniquely intriguing to me because very many years ago now when I hosted a local radio talk show on one occasion I opened the phone lines to all who wanted to call and discuss the Church of Scientology. I had no preconceived opinions but I was flabbergasted by what I heard many callers describe as truly horrifying experiences with Scientology. This play is yet another well done portrayal of some of the most egregious behaviors of the Church.

Neither Leah Remini nor the Church of Scientology in any way or manner sanctioned or authorized this show, which in my view gives it added strength. Nevertheless what happens on stage for 40 minutes is genuinely entertaining and as much about humor as animosity. It is a show well worth seeing and you may do so on these remaining dates.
    • Thursday, June 15th at 8:30 p.m.
    • Friday, June 23rd at 11:30 p.m.
    • Saturday, June 24th at 4:00 p.m.
    It is at the Actor’s Company Theatre, 916 N. Formosa Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90046.

Tickets may be purchased online here.

Source: http://lapostexaminer.com/insupressable-rocks-fringe-festival/2017/06/13
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Review of Insupressible: The Unauthorized Leah Remini Scientology Story.

California Highways: Insupressible

http://cahighways.org/wordpress/?p=13040

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * *

wzHRc97.jpg

The last show we saw yesterday was Insuppressible: The Unauthorized Leah Remini Story at The Actors Company facility in West Hollywood. Yes, this is where I received the love note from the West Hollywood Traffic Force for not being exactly between the lines. Not worth contesting, but something others should note when visiting this venue. Perhaps they were agents of David Miscavige, mad about my seeing this show.

Going in, my only knowledge of Scientology was what I picked up by listening to A Very Merry Unauthorized Children’s Scientology Pageant. I had heard roughly about the disappearance of David Miscavige’s wife, Shelly, but hadn’t followed the Leah Remini (FB) series. My wife, however, had.

[ETA: I completely forgot, until the tweet with this writeup was re-tweeted, that we saw Squeeze My Cans at last year’s HFF. That show was one woman’s story of how she got drawn into the tar-baby that is Scientology, how she worked her way into the upper tiers of the religions, and how she eventually escaped its grasp. Not only did this effort take more than a decade, it decimated her finances. Quite interesting to think about, when paired with this musical.]

Insuppressible started late due to the previous show running late (this is Fringe, folks); I’m sure the show after us was late due to the same shift, plus the confetti left by this show. I’m glad to say, however, the show was worth the wait.

I went into the show, for some reason, thinking that his would be a one-woman musical. Far from it. This was a large cast (8) musical, executed well, with strong song and dance, and great effects. This was the exact opposite of Robot Monster: The Musical. This is a good thing.

Insuppressible tells, in five scenes, the story of Leah Remini’s path through Scientology. It opens with her making friends with Shelly, and Shelly to encourage her to persue her dream of acting. It then moves to her professional pinnacle in King of Queens, and her being a Scientology Celebrity up there with Tom Cruise. It then moves to the wedding of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise, where all the resentment that Remini has with Scientology starts to bubble up, leading to her split with the group. It ends with her getting the courage to leave Scientology and go onto a life of success or something close thereto.

This was a fringe show. Jeffrey McCrann (FB)’s book and Robert Hill (FB)’s music were relatively entertaining, although it is unclear if they could extend the piece into a fully-sustained two-act musical with a deeper book and connection of the songs to the inner turmoils of the characters as opposed to being more scene oriented. Still, it might be worth a try. I certainly didn’t sense the show dragging, although I would have liked to find out more what happened afterwards, and to see some more fleshing out of the beliefs of the group and how strange they are. But then I’m always for exposing strange rituals.

The performances were excellent. In the lead position was Leslie Rubino (FB) as Leah. We saw her a few weeks ago in Freeway Dreams, and again we were blown away by her talent, voice and sense of comic timing. It is worth seeing this show alone just for her performance.

The remaining seven cast members all are strong. Jaimie Day/FB‘s Katie Holmes was mostly a caricature, but she was spectacular in her solo number “Katie and Tom”. A great LA theatre debut. There was just something about Tiffani Ann Mills (FB)’s Shelly Miscavige that was a delight to watch. Perhaps it was her believable friendship with Leah; perhaps it was her look; perhaps it was her singing in the opening number — in any case, I just couldn’t keep my eyes off of her. Libby Baker (FB)’s Mother was strong in the opening number, but then the writing moved her to more of a background role, although she was strong in “The Gaslighting Song”. Nicole Clemetson/FB‘s J-Lo was a hoot — I have no idea whether J-Lo acts like that in real life, but that’s how I want her to act. Clemetson was also a strong singer. Lastly, of the female cast, Sohm Kapila (FB) was Nicole Kidman. She only had one scene as Nicole in the end and was good in that. Note that all of the actresses other than the lead were also in the ensemble in various scenes.

There were two male members of the cast: David Wilkins/FB as Tom Cruise and Milo Shearer/FB as David. Both were strong performers and strong singers — they were particularly strong in “Matter, Energy, Space, and Time”.

Music was a mix of prerecorded music and on-stage music from Robert Hill (FB).
    No credits were provided for choreography, set design, costumes, sound, lighting etc. With respect to those creative areas, a few observations. First, someone went crazy with the glitter glue. Second, I’m sure the production following this wanted to shoot this production for the on-stage confetti gun that left confetti everywhere. Third, there was some sort of sound problem that sounded like constant rain, which was annoying. Other than that, however, the costumes and props were clever, and the show fit in and out of the Fring requirements great.

The production was directed by Jeffrey McCrann (FB).

Insuppressible: The Unauthorized Leah Remini Story continues at the Let Live Space at the Actors Company with four more performances: Sunday June 11 2017, 5:30 PM; Thursday June 15 2017, 8:30 PM; Friday June 23 2017, 11:30 PM; and Saturday June 24 2017, 4:00 PM. We found this to be a very enjoyable production, and predict you will as well. If not, well, there are always soup cans.

* * * * *END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  23. REPORT: Satiric insert tucked inside the program for Insuppressible: The Absolutely Unauthorized Leah Remini Scientology Story.

From and according to Intergalactic Walrus on Tony Ortega's blog:

http://tonyortega.org/2017/06/18/sc...tions-and-without-penalty/#comment-3368751112

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

25. failboat Member

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath - Deadline's The Contenders 2017 Emmys

Deadline Hollywood
    Published on Jun 21, 2017
    Accompanied by ex-Scientology international spokesman Mike Rinder (who spent the entire nine-episode first season as her on-air wing man), Remini here discussed why she collected shocking testimony from ex-members who lost their families because of restrictive Scientology standard operating procedures that ostracize members who question authority.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

Emmy Watch: Leah Remini fights Scientology 'for people who don't have a voice' | EW

Excerpt:

Remini nixed her original plan to end the series last year when, she says, she saw people coming out of the shadows to share their experiences during the show’s run. Season 2 will air this summer, with Crash director Paul Haggis (a former Scientologist himself) entering the fray.

This, Remini says, is her way of helping. “I’m not the Department of Justice. I’m not the FBI. All I can do is present my case to people.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/23/emmy-watch-leah-remini-scientology-aftermath/
  27. I am awaiting the start of the Friday night show now.

Ironically, my captchas were 'teatro' and 'SP486'
  28. It was a packed house. I think there were some people standing, too. The SP convention in Denver left plenty of SP's still in LA, and a lot of them attended this play. There was laughter at all of the "in" jokes, so it was a well-informed crowd.

Great singing, and talented acting, especially from the actresses who played Leah and Leah's mother.

The Tom Cruise and David Miscavige gay butt buddy dynamic was in full bloom.

They re-enacted some great fodder from the TC-KH wedding, including Leah and J-Lo busting the seating arrangements, baby Suri Cruise on the floor, and, of course, where's Shelly?

I was enjoying it immensely and then it was over before I knew it, leaving me wishing for more.
  29. TrevAnon Member

30. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini Elaborates on 'Scientology and the Aftermath'

"You want to be a scientologist? That's great, but don't deny these are the practices of it that are hurting people."

By Annie Howard, Hollywood Reporter

Quote:

"People who know me know I have a very big mouth, and I've been that way since I was a kid," Leah Remini told The Hollywood Reporter while discussing her series, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, on THR's Reality TV Roundtable.

"I never want to give the business, the organization of Scientology the idea that anybody's scared of them," she said of the docuseries' subject.

"This is about showing the actual practices dictated by this policy of Scientology that demands for people to be destroyed. That's what we're talking about. You can believe in whatever you want to believe in. You want to be a scientologist? That's great," said Remini, "but don't deny these are the practices of it that are hurting people."

"Everybody on my team told me not to," said Remini of making the reality series. "They want me to be an actress, they want me to do what I love to do. Acting is something that I love to do, but this is my passion. They don't want me to be known as someone who does a show about Scientology, but what am I going to do? Not do it?"

Continued with video at http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...s-scared-scientology-aftermath-realit-1012634
    • Like Like x 4
  31. Quentinanon Member

There's nothing great about being a scientologist.
  32. RightOn Member

but... but... the oiliness table.
    Don't ever forget they have access to the oiliness table! (And the pain room)
    So worth it
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

The Scientology lecture in which L. Ron Hubbard revealed the true name of our Earth society

By Tony Ortega, July 7, 2017

Quote:

It’s our habit, from time to time, to remind readers of the source material for this thing Scientology that we like to keep an eye on.

After all, you can hear from current and former Scientologists about their “wins” and “gains” and how helpful Scientology is, but there’s nothing like going directly to Source himself — L. Ron Hubbard — to judge for yourself whether he was really onto the secrets of the universe.

For your listening pleasure, we’ve selected a Fair Use segment from a 1963 lecture that Hubbard gave as part of the “Saint Hill Special Briefing Course,” a key lecture series that any serious Scientologist to this day would study carefully at some point during their progress up the “Bridge to Total Freedom.” (When we’ve quoted Hubbard spouting similarly outlandish material about the nature of the solar system from an earlier, 1952 lecture titled “The Role of Earth,” some Hubbardites have claimed that it’s a lecture not considered important to the Bridge today. But it’s not so easy to dismiss the SHSBC. Still, it will be interesting to see if some LRH fans try.)

The name of the lecture is “The Free Being,” and our excerpt starts a few minutes after Hubbard has begun speaking on July 9, 1963. We found this particular lecture to be interesting because Hubbard is casually mentioning the miraculous abilities that come with “Operating Thetan” or “OT” powers, something that Scientologists are trying to “regain” through Hubbard’s processing.

OT powers are so potent that they were “looked upon as highly dangerous,” Hubbard says. In fact, just about anyone in the audience, at some point in their “hundred trillion years” of existence, could have used OT powers to destroy or slow down a planet by simply touching it.

Hubbard then goes into a lesson about the need for a balance of force and intelligence in any operation, and when he wants to give an example of relying entirely on intelligence without any force to back it up, he refers to a religious person appealing to God.

“You’re…saying ‘God will protect me,’ forgetting at the same time that you were the only god around to do any protecting,” Hubbard says.

It’s fun when he speaks plainly like this, and spells out that in Scientology, YOU are the god, and you are striving to attain such superhuman, miraculous powers that you could crush a planet with your bare hands.

And Hubbard’s just warming up. To his credulous audience, he then explains that the idea of humans evolving from an ape ancestor came from four galaxies away (and yes, he’s pronouncing it guh-LAX-ies here, which we always find so precious), and that Darwinian evolution is just a mental implant and “there’s not a damn word of truth in it.”

Hubbard then provides his own explanation for the origin of species — that the immortal beings we are, thetans, go through “fads” over the trillions of years of this universe, and that inhabiting the meat body of a caveman, for example, was simply a fashionable thing to do.

As for scientists, they are completely mistaken about the age of things in the universe, Hubbard says. And he can say this because he’s directly observed what scientists can only guess at — 612 million years ago, for example, he was running a “biological survey” here on Earth. He then indicates that once you have mastered your whole track of existence (something Scientologists work on as they explore past lives through auditing), then you can rapidly scan through eons of time, and watch seas and mountain ranges and deserts come and go. Neat trick!

And scientists are wrong about stellar evolution, too. Suns don’t come and go, Hubbard says. He’s personally watched suns in our local region of space lasting hundreds of trillions of years. (Cosmologists will tell you that the entire universe is only about 13.8 billion years old, but what do they know.)

Hubbard explains that stars turn on and off because it’s some thetan’s job to make that happen. And that reminded us of Slartibartfast from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, a fanciful notion about beings creating their own universe. It’s fun science fiction, that’s for sure.

And then there’s the real reward for sitting through this portion of Hubbard’s lecture — he lets us in on the actual name of our sun and its solar system.

“This is Sun 12,” Hubbard says, and our society belongs to the “Espinol United Stars,” he adds before correcting himself, as if he’s trying to translate into English from some ancient space-language or something. He comes up with: “Espinol United Moons, Planets, and Asteroids, this Quarter of the Universe is Ours.”

And no one is in charge, he adds, since a force was chased away from Mars in 1150 AD.

“This system has been running wild since that time.”

Continued with video at http://tonyortega.org/2017/07/07/th...-revealed-the-true-name-of-our-earth-society/
  34. Quentinanon Member

I would agree with you only if you included CalMag and Barley Water Formula.