Customize

Leah Remini Talks Jennifer Lopez's Support After Leaving Scientology |

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Jul 7, 2015.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini Talks Jennifer Lopez's Support After Leaving Scientology | Access Hollywood

Leah Remini's decision to leave Scientology came with the loss of many close relationships, but longtime friend Jennifer Lopez was a constant support.

The "Leah Remini: It's All Relative" star visited Access Hollywood Live on Tuesday, where she opened about her public, headline-making 2013 departure from the church that severed many ties to many friends and some family members.

On leaving the Church of Scientology: "It's very difficult. It's not just if you leave, it's if you leave publicly… you can leave, but if you make any public statements about your experience or talk about your experience that's when the label comes of a suppressive person. There's many layers to it, you lose your friends."

On how longtime friend Jennifer Lopez supported her: "She is an amazing friend… she's just never disappointed me… [she's been] supportive of my decisions… she said to me, 'You know Leah, you don't have to give everything up. Like it's OK to look at it like there were some things about it that was helpful and just leave the rest. So don't throw it all away and think your life was wasted.' And I thought that was a beautiful thing to say. It just allowed me to breathe for a minute. She's just been supportive in an amazing way."

On why she publicly left the church: "There's a lot people who have left [Scientology] who have been hurt and affected and I can't just sit around and – I couldn't just – I needed to send a message of this is what I'm doing and I have to make a public statement about it or I'm not just taking a stand for anything. So I just didn't want those people to feel alone."

On how she's coping post-Scientology: "I don't know that it's an easy thing to get over in your life and I'm doing things to med those wounds. It's been my whole like, so you have to make modifications, I've been going to therapy and reading a lot and I think it's all part of my path."

http://www.accesshollywood.com/leah...port-after-leaving-scientology_article_109686
    • Like Like x 10
  2. anon8109 Member

I have so much respect for Remini. She has integrity to be a voice for victims.

I hope she writes a book about it.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. RightOn Member

Her show starts up again next Wed, night
  4. I watched the interview with her... how brave ... so happy for her ...hope she gets peace and freedom
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kilia Member

Wish it was on YouTube. Otherwise I can't watch it.
  6. It is, or at least was.... It was directly after here move. They may have removed it by now...ugggghhh
  7. Kilia Member

I finally found it, but it's under a pay wall.
  8. Of coarse it is....
  9. Kilia Member

Really....
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

A Church of Scientology representative responds to Remini's comments

By The Hollywood Reporter staff, July 15, 2015

Excerpt:

"It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini with an insatiable craving for attention would exploit her former religion as a publicity stunt in a pathetic attempt to get ratings for her cable show and seem relevant again," a Church of Scientology representative told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. "She is rewriting history and omits that she was participating in a program to remain a Scientologist by her own choice, as she was on the verge of being expelled for her and her husband’s ethical lapses."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leah-remini-scientology-all-relative-808800
    • Like Like x 2
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology Acting Like Whiny Butt Sore Little Bitch Over Leah Remini

Popdust, July 15, 2015

Scientology just can’t get over Leah Remini leaving its fold.

In fact, the controversial “religion” is acting like some whiny butt sore little bitch — slamming the 45-year-old for daring to part ways, and even worse, (GASP!) talk about why she decided to leave.

It’s hard to imagine any other religion acting this way — people leave the Catholic Church, but we’ve yet to read some statement from the Pope tearing them to pieces for doing so. But, Scientology ain’t your regular, run-of-the-mill “religion” as much as they like to pretend they are when it suits them.

<snipped>

Wah, wah, wah! We were just about to break up with her, so she broke up with us first!

Pathetic…. truly pathetic.

http://popdust.com/2015/07/15/scientology-little-bitch-leah-remini/
    • Like Like x 7
  12. RightOn Member

oh yeah you fucking cult??????
    What kind of "church" expels people for "ethical lapses" (as if) except for a cult?
    FAIL upon FAIL upon FAIL
    But hey, don't let me stop you from fucking yourself over
    Keep 'em coming!
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Keithl Member

Scientology what the hell is this. I have see one of there TV adverts today it is FULL of S***T it was on UK TV (SKY) never seen it on UK TV befor i have seen some on there websit saying well S****T and yes it is right it is a CULT (Righton)
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Today there are dozens more news stories about this. Here are three of them:

Leah Remini reveals the 'hard repercussions' of leaving Scientology | Daily Mail Online

A spokesperson for the Church Of Scientology gave DailyMail.com the following statement regarding Leah's appearance on Where Are They Now in May: 'Given Leah Remini's insatiable desire for attention, it comes as no surprise that for two years she has been incapable of moving on with her life and remains obsessed with shamelessly exploiting her former religion in a pathetic attempt to get publicity.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...cientology-new-season-TLC-reality-series.html

Leah Remini on leaving Scientology for her daughter's sake | TODAY

http://www.today.com/popculture/leah-remini-talks-scientology-complications-leaving-t32356

Leah Remini talks about why she left Scientology | The Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-remini-talks-about-why-she-left-scientology/
    • Like Like x 6
  15. anon8109 Member

Scientology ain’t your regular, run-of-the-mill “religion” as much as they like to pretend they are when it suits them.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. RightOn Member

Leah's show starts tonight at 8:00 EST
  17. RightOn Member

first show is a repeat.
    People are tweeting tho.
    The title of the new episode coming up @ 9 is called "Life After Scientology"
    It reads "Leah and her family go to group therapy to move on with their lives after leaving the Church of Scientology"
    WOW going to psychs, take that Scientology! People getting REAL help. Imagine that.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Keithl Member

WOW ( group therapy to move on with their lives after leaving the Church of Scientology ) thay must F**K your head up if thay need therapy do you think they even looked in to what Scientology is (other than a Joke) and that joke is not funny :mad:
  19. This is bad advice from Jennifer Lopez:

On how longtime friend Jennifer Lopez supported her: "She is an amazing friend… she's just never disappointed me… [she's been] supportive of my decisions… she said to me, 'You know Leah, you don't have to give everything up. Like it's OK to look at it like there were some things about it that was helpful and just leave the rest. So don't throw it all away and think your life was wasted.' And I thought that was a beautiful thing to say. It just allowed me to breathe for a minute. She's just been supportive in an amazing way."
  20. RightOn Member

I am sure Leah is going through a lot of turmoil right now and feeling guilty of throwing her money away, her life away for all those years and feels responsible for family and friend's disconnection. She also probably feels totally duped by a "church" and friends who she trusted and spent so much time with growing up in the COS.
    She didn't get out THAT long ago. Even though her life was fucked up long ago, it was still the only life she ever knew.
    Baby steps are needed for her right now. So what Lopez said may just help her to move forward as she decompresses from the only life she has ever known. And the only person she has ever known.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. 'J.Lo Stands By Long-Time Pal Leah Remini During Scientology Struggle'
    By Radar Staff
    Posted on Jan 7, 2017 @ 11:07AM

Jennifer Lopez played a major role in Leah Remini's decision to leave Scientology in 2013, and is still sticking by her gal pal through the worst of times.

The 45-year-old former actress was spotted doing some retail therapy with the singer, 47, in Beverly Hills on Jan. 6.
    Before the former King of Queens star decided to leave the church, rumors were flying that she was trying to convert J.Lo to Scientology. "Two girls can't hang out together?" Remini told PEOPLE magazine. "What do that have to do with religion?"

Their close-knit friendship continued to confuse fans for years, until Remini finally decided to make her dramatic exit and J.Lo responded with outpouring support.
    By 2015, Remini claimed she'd never felt "so grateful" to her gal pal Lopez for getting her through the ugly and public split from Scientology. "She doesn't judge," she told PEOPLE. "She told me to keep the good things and move on with love."

As RadarOnline.com reported, Remini has been at the center of a Scientology scandal this year since she decided to make multiple television appearances and write a tell-all book about growing up in the controversial church.

Despite Lopez's father David, who is still linked to the church, their BFF status still remains.

Complete article, with pictures - http://radaronline.com/photos/leah-remini-scientology-show-jennifer-lopez/
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

Barely worth adding:

Remini, whose new A&E show Scientology And The Aftermath has generated a stir, was also spotted having dinner with Lopez in Sherman Oaks on Saturday.

Tuesday morning, Remini appeared on the Australian breakfast show Sunrise and exhorted Scientologists to abandon the religious group, offering them the message: '"Stop it! Stop giving up your families. Stop giving up your life, your money, for something that is truly damaging."'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ez-Leah-Remini-hit-Salsa-Night-Hollywood.html
  23. failboat Member

• Like Like x 1
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

Jennifer Lopez ‘Devastated’ After Dad Gives Fortune To Scientology

By Radar Staff, April 24, 2017

Quote:

Scientology has wrecked Jennifer Lopez’s family — with the cult leaving her father flat broke. RadarOnline.com has learned David Lopeza devout Scientologist for over 30 years — claimed to have given hundreds of thousands of dollars to the shady religion, but refuses to leave it.

In a bombshell world exclusive interview, David told Radar that Scientology wooed him into its bizarre teachings, and he invested a fortune on its wacky courses in a bid to gain superpowers.

“When I started getting into it, it was kinda scary,” David, 72, confessed in a chillingly candid interview.

“Some of the things that were mentioned I had no knowledge of — like the reactive mind, how you can ‘go clear,’ and what ‘going clear’ was,” he said.

“After a while the fear went away and curiosity set in. I thought if I could conquer that reactive part of my being I could probably do a lot better. I didn’t care about business or stature. I just wanted to do it for myself, to get more personal power. I achieved that condition of power.”

Scientology is accused of encouraging members to fritter away their life savings by investing in church courses — something which the church has denied.

However, David claimed he fell into their trap, but he hasn’t been to the church in five years since giving them all his cash!

Asked how much he invested, David confessed: “Oh, believe me, more than I care to mention. I would say hundreds of thousands!”

David once lived in a million-dollar home in Pasadena, Calif. But the financial hardships caused by Scientology forced him to move to a cheaper residence in the suburb of Azusa with his current wife, Carla Padilla, he said.

Source: http://radaronline.com/photos/jennifer-lopez-dad-david-lopez-gives-money-scientology/

Jennifer Lopez’s Dad Has Given All Of His Money To Scientology In Hopes Of Getting Superpowers – Artist Devastated!

By Nick Markus, Celebrity Insider, April 24, 2017

Quote:

As it turns out, Scientology has ruined the life of Jennifer Lopez’s family!

According to new reports, her father, David’s involvement with the controversial cult has left the man completely broke!

David Lopez was a devout Scientologist for years and he claimed to have given the religion “hundreds of thousands” of dollars but he still refused to leave the cult.

The man also revealed that he was charmed by what Scientology supposedly had to give and so he spent an entire fortune on odd courses meant to help him gain superpowers!

David admitted it was scary at first.

“Some of the things that were mentioned I had no knowledge of — like the reactive mind, how you can ‘go clear,’ and what ‘going clear’ was,” Jennifer Lopez’s father added.

But after some time, the fear of the unknown went away and he started feeling curious. He wanted to conquer the reactive part of his mind in order to gain more personal power. “I didn’t care about business or stature. I just wanted to do it for myself, to get more personal power.”

The man also claims he did achieve his goal.

Scientology has been accused of many shady schemes, one of them being manipulating its members into spending huge amounts of money on their courses. The Church has denied the accusations.

David, however, had admitted that he fell into their traps and lost all of his money.

In the past, the man used to live in a million-dollar house in Pasadena, California.

But the financial hardships caused by his involvement with Scientology forced him and his wife, Carla Padilla to move to a cheaper home in the suburb of Azusa.

Source: http://celebrityinsider.org/jennife...-getting-superpowers-artist-devastated-34197/
  25. failboat Member

26. failboat Member

Leah Remini & Jennifer Lopez Explain Brooklyn v. Bronx
    The Late Late Show with James Corden
    Published on Dec 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  27. failboat Member

These 2 are so adorable together.