Customize

Leah Remini has left Scientology?

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Jul 5, 2013.

1. RightOn Member

"Everything the church taught me was a lie."

BWA HA HA !!!!
    Looks like Leah "has the rank" now! hmm?"
    Eleventy!
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Clusterdux Member

Nobody does the mental 180 degree turn that fast.
    I guess Leah was never a true believer or already very much in in doubt before the incident.
    In any case, good for her.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

‘Leah Remini: It’s All Relative’ TV Review on TLC | Variety

Seemingly terrified to actually be about something, “Leah Remini: It’s All Relative” starts with a potentially interesting concept — the actress having broken with the Church of Scientology — and throws it away for just another celebrity-sitcom-on-the-cheap, casting her extended family in supporting roles. The former “King of Queens” star dutifully mugs for the camera — even if that involved doing ordinary things, like making dinner, in heavy makeup — but ultimately settles for banality at every turn. Granted, that’s probably in TLC’s comfort zone, but given its past sojourns with the Amish and polygamists, the network seems to have squandered an opportunity.

The series is introduced with back-to-back episodes, the first of which finds Remini planning a party, dragging her family — including husband Angelo and young daughter Sofia — into the uncomfortable direct-to-camera interviews.

“We’re pretty loud, annoying, judgmental. But we do love each other,” she says, sounding a lot like, well, pretty much every other celeb-reality-com on TV.

Except the party is intended to celebrate those who have stayed close to her after she broke with Scientology, an act that elicits shunning from members of the church in good standing. And while Remini briefly discusses the jarring nature of having people abruptly cut her off, that’s all dispatched in a few minutes, the better to get back to a sitcom “B” plot about Angelo wanting to discard some of the stuff that Leah hoards.

Continued at http://variety.com/2014/tv/reviews/leah-remini-its-all-relative-tlc-tv-review-1201255567/
    • Like Like x 2
  4. amaX Member

The commercials have made me start imitating Angelo and saying everything is FANTASTIC! in a heavy accent.

I'm going to watch it just to make sure it stays on the air unlike Krusty's fail attempts.
  5. RightOn Member

6. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini: Scientology Split Still 'Not Easy as Time Goes On' | Good Morning America

Although it has been a busy year for Leah Remini since her high-profile split from the Church of Scientology last July, Remini confirmed today that the religious separation is still "not easy as time goes on."

The actress, 44, appeared on "Good Morning America" today to promote her new reality show called "Leah Remini: It's All Relative," which features her entire family, including her mom, whom she calls the show's breakout star. But Remini was also not shy about addressing a party she throws in the first episode to thank her friends for their support when she left the Church of Scientology.

"You look through your phone [and] you're like, 'Oh I can't call this person,'" she said. "But you know, as we were in that time of loss and grief, still sad we lost our friends, we also have to look at what we do have. We have great family. We have great friends still in our lives. And we should start celebrating what we have, and that's why we had the party."

Remini says she's "always surprised" by the public's immense response to her split from the church and doesn't understand why people find it so fascinating.

"It's something you're raised in," she said. "You're in it, so you don't see what … what do you want to know? I have a lot of friends that ask, 'Oh, I've wanted to ask,' and I'm like, 'What do you want to know?' You're so in it that you don't really see the fascination."

Remini, who is also starring in TV Land's "The Exes," was a longtime Scientologist and friends with some of the church's most famous members, including Tom Cruise, before announcing last year that she was departing from the controversial church.

Continued at
    https://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-new...ill-not-easy-time-171214032--abc-news-tv.html
    • Like Like x 4
  7. amaX Member

HOLY SHIT.

They REALLY went into disconnection on Leah's show.

I am impressed and proud of her.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. amaX Member

Leah's husband Angelo equated scientology with the Amish. I was laughing so hard I don't remember exactly how he said it, but he mentions shunning and beheadings. LOL
    • Like Like x 3
  9. sallysock Member

Holy shit is right. The reviews said meh.
    Me happy.
    Fuck the cult.
    • Like Like x 4
  10. amaX Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. BlooAnon Member

Bah! Region locked.
  12. Kilia Member

I saw Leah's show on Amazon for free. Truthfully, I really liked it. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  13. RightOn Member

I only caught the last 20 mins. of Leah's show last night.
    But they said the season finale was next week?
    It just started!
  14. Cafe Mom - The Stir: Leah Remini Reveals the Hardest Part of Leaving Scientology
    http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/176063/leah_remini_reveals_the_hardest

Excerpt:
    • Like Like x 4
  15. anon8109 Member

When LR quit the cult I had little expectation that she would say much, just as Katie Holmes said nothing. But she has spoken loudly and clearly and often about the abusive cult practice of breaking up families through "disconnection" and so I gladly eat my hat and I hope she continues to warn the public.
    • Like Like x 5
  16. JohnnyRUClear Member

Offended? At least you are alive, sweetheart.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. TrevAnon Member

Bon appetit. :)
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

What we’re thankful for

By Tony Ortega

Here in the United States we’re celebrating Thanksgiving today, and we wish a happy day to all of our readers, from Canada to Europe to South Africa to New Zealand to the UK to Australia and to all 50 states. We love hearing from all of you, in our comments and directly.

We’re so fortunate to have the community that finds the Underground Bunker a place to visit day in and day out. And we’re reminded of what great friends we have after being humbled by a piece written at Facebook yesterday by Chicago Fire actor Christian Stolte (seen here with Chicago PD star Jason Beghe in a photo they took for us here in the Bunker last year). We’ve met few people, in or out of show business, who are more knowledgeable about Scientology and care about its history and where it’s headed today than Christian. And if we can keep a guy like that coming around for more, well, it gives us a lot to be thankful for.

<snipped>

StolteFB-e1417093378699.jpg

There's more here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2014/11/27/an...is-in-pre-foreclosure-and-what-that-portends/
    • Like Like x 7
  19. Hereanon Member

delirious with happiness that we could burst open the flood gates for nearly every ex-scientologist in the world to completely ignore our efforts.
    signed,
    anonymous
    • Like Like x 2
  20. incog712 Member

Annoying yes, but that's pretty much to be expected considering scientology itself is mostly comprised of self absorbed egofags to begin with.

Personally I couldn't care less who takes the credit, everyone who's so much as lifted a finger knows in their own hearts that they were doing the right thing.

Even before the first mass protest took place, the cults first response was pretty much an egomaniacal "Do you really think you can take on SCIENTOLOGY???"

One quick look around back then told me Oh hell yes.

One quick look around today, I'm simply thankful for their schadenfreude.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

‘Chicago Fire’ actor Christian Stolte sets off an alarm about Scientology and the actors’ union

By Tony Ortega

Christian Stolte is well known here at the Underground Bunker both for his recurring role in the NBC drama Chicago Fire, but also because he’s a knowledgeable critic of Scientology who has been a regular presence here.

When Kirstie Alley appeared to take potshots at Leah Remini for leaving Scientology in 2013, Stolte went after Alley on Twitter in a very entertaining way. It was then that we learned what an expert he is on Scientology and that he was a regular reader here.

Stolte doesn’t talk about it a lot, but he had his own encounter with Scientology and spent years getting away from it. He’s a harsh detractor who has encouraged other actors leaving the group, including his fellow Chicago Fire cast member, Jason Beghe, who left Scientology in 2008.

So imagine Stolte’s reaction when he opened up the latest edition of the magazine of SAG-AFTRA (the Screen Actors Guild‐American Federation of Television and Radio Artists), the union he’s belonged to for more than twenty years, and saw this:

SAGAFTRA-e1417664081384.jpg

There on the left, next to the magazine’s masthead, was an advertisement for Scientology: A New Slant on Life, a book that introduces some of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard’s concepts about the human mind. It’s designed to pique interest and get people into Scientology itself, which is a very involved endeavor that ends up becoming very expensive and requires a heavy indoctrination into Hubbard’s way of thinking.

Stolte is well aware of the many controversies dogging Scientology as it gets more desperate to find new recruits, including allegations of human trafficking, child labor under extreme conditions, two decades of forced abortions, yearslong sentences to the church’s own gulag-like prisons, and other shocking and well-documented abuses told by former members. Stunned that SAG-AFTRA would get involved with Scienotology, Stolte fired off this letter to the editors of the publication and posted a copy of it to his Facebook timeline.

Dear Editors,

I’m going to try to state this calmly, but make no mistake — it is in no way acceptable that my union is permitting the evil cult of scientology to advertise in the pages of our magazine.

Do you have any idea how much damage these greedy, unethical monsters have done to thousands of well-meaning, gullible people and their families? Are you honestly unaware of the heinous crimes they’ve been guilty of? I urge you to read up on this cult and their crimes, because as a member of this union for twenty-some years, I will not tolerate even one more instance of opening your magazine and seeing an advertisement (and tacit endorsement) of this corrupt, unethical organization. Having endured an 18-year personal battle with various tentacles of Scientology, and knowing more than most about how they operate, and the slimy, criminal practices that constitute their playbook, I am ashamed that my union would have any traffic with them whatsoever. It is appalling to think that even one member of my community would be drawn into the toxic arms of this cult because he trusted something he saw in his union’s glossy-paged magazine.

I urge you to rectify this, and to sever connections immediately. If my union fails to do the right thing here, you will be hearing from me again, and the next time I will be loud, and public.

Christian Stolte
    SAG/AFTRA member
    Chicago Branch

A day after sending that letter, Stolte told us he still hadn’t received a response. But he has heard from a lot of fellow actors, who told Stolte they would be sending in their own messages.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2014/12/04/ch...alarm-about-scientology-and-the-actors-union/
    • Like Like x 2
  22. jensting Member

Is fixed :D

From the update at the above:

• Like Like x 2
  23. anon8109 Member

The union has decided not to advertise religions.

They don't get it, but at least the ads are gone.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  25. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 3
  26. TrevAnon Member

Naamloos.png

:) I don't think a Scientologist would post this on his/her FB. :)
    • Like Like x 4
  27. Would have been nicer if she had tweeted a decent Autism group rather than the awful Autism Speaks.