Customize

Leah Remini has left Scientology?

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Jul 5, 2013.

1. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. BlooAnon Member

So, she's going to do a reality show as well as a sitcom? Busy woman.

Though, since she's not at the Celeb Centre 12 hours of the day doing auditing... that's a lot of time free.
  3. BigBeard Member

I must be getting old, who was it that said, "$cientology creates it's own worst enemies."??

Coming out with that kind of response to a rather bland interview has got to have people seeing both going, "WTF's with these $cientology people?".

BigBeard
  4. BigBeard Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. BlooAnon Member

Yeah. Great, isn't it?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

Jennifer Lopez Opens Up About Helping Leah Remini Through Her Decision to Leave Scientology | E! Online

When Leah Remini decided to leave the Church of Scientology, the former King of Queens star leaned on Jennifer Lopez for support.

"Yeah. It was a tough moment for her," Lopez said during her appearance on Friday's Ellen. "It's all she knew her whole life. When you're raised a certain way and you're around people for a long time, whatever that is, it's going to be hard. We're good friends."

http://www.eonline.com/news/523665/...ini-through-her-decision-to-leave-scientology
    • Like Like x 1
  7. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini ‘Fair Gamed’ by Scientology? Her sister gets a visit, and Tony Dovolani is tailed

Excerpt:

A few weeks ago, a woman calling herself Patricia Lang showed up on two different occasions at the house of Leah’s half-sister, Elizabeth Remini, who lives on the east coast. Lang said she was a reporter working for Editor’s Choice magazine, and that she was working on a story about Leah and other Hollywood celebrities. She left her name and phone number with someone working at the house.

We can find no record of a journalist named Patricia Lang, nor an “Editor’s Choice” magazine. And when we called the number, it went to a robotic voice mail. We haven’t received a call back.

What appears to be an intimidation attempt on Elizabeth Remini occurred only a few months after Elizabeth’s full sister, Stephanie Remini, died in December.

The visit by “Patricia Lang” is very similar to another intimidation attempt we published here recently — an e-mail from someone claiming to be a newspaper reporter that was sent to Mike Bennitt, a former Scientologist who has been filming Scientology events in recent months.

In that case, the supposed reporter seemed to know a lot about Bennitt’s background — an obvious attempt to make Bennitt uncomfortable that he was being investigated — and the e-mail address the “reporter” left turned out not to be valid.

We know of several other recent cases of people posing as reporters who contacted former Scientologists or church critics, claiming to be writing stories that never materialize.

We wondered why, if Scientology is behind these operations, the church thinks it’s an effective technique.

We asked former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder that question, and he sent us this response:

http://tonyortega.org/2014/04/17/le...ter-gets-a-visit-and-tony-dovolani-is-tailed/
    • Like Like x 2
  8. BlooAnon Member

They really can't see how they look to the outside world. They're not even following their own rules with leaving celebrity alone! There's no way that this will make it to the news papers. Oh wait...

Brilliant guys. Keep it up. I'm sure you'll succeed...
    • Like Like x 3
  9. anon8109 Member

LR has spoken out about the cult more than I had ever imagined she would. I am proud of her, and I hope that every once in a while she continues to help inoculate the public.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. vaLLarrr Member

She's going on a TV show watched by millions to talk about $cientology?

She doesn't have the fucking rank!
    • Like Like x 4
  11. I have no idea if she is going to talk about Scientology, although the inclusion of her mother is interesting.
  12. bAnon Member

Slappy will be watching this live.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. TrevAnon Member

Book / memoirs announcement?
  14. Random guy Member

Looks promising!
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini: Leaving Church Of Scientology Has Brought My Family ‘Closer Together’ | Radar Online

Leah Remini, appearing on Wednesday’s edition of Ellen, says leaving the Church of Scientology, and appearing in her new TLC reality show, has strengthened her family bond.

The King of Queens beauty, promoting the yet-to-be-titled show, said she thinks that since she’s defected from the controversial institution, she and her family are “learning new ways to … reconnect with each other.

“So, it really has brought us closer together … we’re stronger and we’re having so much fun together.”

Continued at
    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/05/leah-remini-church-scientology-reality-show-family/

Leah Remini Closer With Family After Leaving Scientology | Star Magazine

The King of Queens star famously made headlines last year when she decided to leave the Church of Scientology, and during her sit-down with Ellen, she admitted that the decision was an important one for her family.

“I think now that we’re gone we’re learning new ways to reconnect with each other, so it really has brought us closer together,” she said, of the reality show. “I think we’re stronger and we’re having so much fun together. This is something that the family loves to do. At first I was like, ‘I don’t need 25 people in my house everyday’, but my stepfather and my mother, they love it. And I think that’s a beautiful thing.”

http://starmagazine.com/2014/05/28/...p-reality-show-leaving-scientology-interview/
    • Like Like x 5
  16. anon8109 Member

Scientology mentioned at 2:50

17. Good on her talking out. But IDK, she comes across as a bit obnoxious. Why does she have to yell so much?
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 6
  18. I think this is cute, and shows a bit of healthy rebelliousness on mom's part. My prediction is that mom is going to come across well on the reality show. YMMV.

Zap2it: Leah Remini: My mom got a tramp stamp after leaving Scientology
    http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/leah_remini_scientology_mom_tattoo_tramp_stamp_ellen_degeneres-2014-05
    • Like Like x 2
  19. BlooAnon Member

I took it as she was excited and happy. Probably something that she hasn't been in a long time, with all the sec checks and such. It also might be a bit of the Brooklyn girl in her peeking out.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. RavenEyes Member

She's always been sorta 'boisterous" but now it's with joy. I think it could be microphone placement or audio issues that are causing some of her words to be so loud in the clip? She is hilarious, and if they want someone softer they should watch Anna Nicole Smith (oh, wait) or Paris Hilton.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. Twinkle Member

If she is "boisterous" it's because she's happy! After spending years in Scientology and finally leaving she's entitled to be as boisterous as she wants. I for one am delighted for her.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. RightOn Member

yes I thought she was extra loud. Perhaps she wanted to come across as a bit more dramatic as a plug for her new reality show.
    Whatever the reason, these words getting out was worth it's weight in gold
    "My Family Is 'Stronger' Since Leaving Scientology"

hear that loud and clear DM?
    You have been served.
    I wish more people who have left the cult, would at the very least say these few words. (if they can without major trouble)
    It doesn't take much, but a simple sentence can be very damaging.
    I am happy in my pants that millions of Ellen's fans got to hear those words. :D
    Party on Leah, you have more than earned it.:cool:
    • Like Like x 3
  23. She seems to know a lot more than she says. Her quote about Scientology wanting her to fail is a statement that is packed with so much. For her to have said that so early on tells me that she understood that side of Scientology long ago when she was still in the cult. Her doubts were valid.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. RavenEyes Member

That's kinda what I mean when I say "but now it's with joy". :D
    • Like Like x 1
  25. vaLLarrr Member

She's gotten her own reality TV show?

Slappy the Dwarf must be having psychopathic fits of rage!

SEE, QUITTING THE CULT MEANS A CAREER BOOST!
    • Like Like x 4
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 6
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  28. anon8109 Member

contradictory articles are contradictory
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  30. Kilia Member

Oh darn! I thought a video of it was on the eonline website. lol
    (past my bedtime, so I'd better shut down already)
  31. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 4
  32. vaLLarrr Member

Looks like the world will be getting schooled, again, on just how much of a cunt David Miscavige is.

Hey IRS? Still scared of taking on the cult, even when little Leah manages it?
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Quentinanon Member

Someone in osa will be his punching bag for that.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Quentinanon Member

Remini notoriously left the Church in June 2013 after more than 30 years,saying "everything the church taught me was a lie."

So true, but interspersed with enough fact to make it credible to most dupes.
    • Like Like x 3
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

Tom Cruise Scientology: Leah Remini New Show, Kirstie Alley Feud Wanes | Classicalite

Time for another update in the world of Scientology, the religion made famous by Tom Cruise's epic couch-jumping. Former member Leah Remini is busy promoting her new show, as her feud with current member Kirstie Alley seems to have dissipated.

Leah Remini is officially back on TV, and this time she won't even have to dance and beg for votes. The former King of Queens star, who made global headlines when she separated from her longtime religion last year, will be appearing on TLC.

As part of TLC's new, human-sized-adult lineup, cameras will follow around Leah Remini and her family. And Leah, for one, couldn't be happier, issuing a statement that reads:

"I'm so happy to be opening my home to TLC and to be sharing my family with you. We are blessed to be given this opportunity to work together as a family. However, beware - In these last 13 weeks of working on the show, my mother and stepfather already feel they are the true talent and breakouts of the show and expect to be offered sitcoms."

And you can bet that Leah and the fam will be dishing about Scientologists, considering Leah brought it up while she was on a show that focuses on just dancing.

Continued at www.classicalite.com/articles/9188/20140619/tom-cruise-scientology-leah-remini-new-show-kirstie-alley-feud.htm
    • Like Like x 4
  36. Inquisitr: Leah Remini Televises Her Break From Scientology
    http://www.inquisitr.com/1317741/leah-remini-televises-her-break-from-scientology/

Excerpt:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3