Customize

Lauren Prevec sues Narconon Freedom Center claiming it's a Scientology front

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by The Wrong Guy, Jan 15, 2015.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Lawsuit claims Albion rehab center is a Scientology front, latest in long list of lawsuits since 2005

A former rehabilitation patient at Narconon Freedom Center in Albion has sued the company, claiming the center uses its program to introduce Scientology to unwitting patients seeking drug rehabilitation.

In a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court on Wednesday, Jan. 14, former patient and Ohio resident Lauren Prevec claims the center charged $25,000 in upfront costs before skipping a medical assessment, taking her completely off her anti-depressant medication and attempting to indoctrinate her to Scientology over the course of two months.

She is requesting $75,000 in damages.

Officials at Narconon Freedom Center declined to comment on the lawsuit when called and approached in person Thursday, Jan. 15.

Among other allegations, Prevec claims in her lawsuit that Narconon Freedom Center officials:

• Engaged in "romantic relationships" with patients.
    • Supplied patients with the same eight course books based on the works of L. Ron Hubbard, founder of the Scientology religion.
    • Had patients perform what they called a "new life detoxification program," which the suit alleges is strikingly similar to a Scientology ritual known as the "purification rundown."
    • Allowed drugs to regularly be brought into the facility.

"Narconon Freedom Center is using the program to introduce Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard's 'technology' to unwitting patients seeking drug rehabilitation," the lawsuit reads. "This is exactly as the Church of Scientology directed as part of its 'Social Coordination Strategy.'"

Prevec was suspended from the center July 3, 2012, because she tested positive for marijuana, the report reads.

Lansing-based Attorney Jeffrey Ray is representing the plaintiffs in the case, including Prevec's parents Frank and Jannette. His paralegal Catherine Villanueva said this isn't the first case the law office has brought against Narconon.

"The first case came across my desk about two-and-a-half years ago, and I didn't think anything of it initially," Villanueva said. "It claimed some strange things about Narconon ... so I ended up searching the ties between Narconon and Scientology and it just opened up."

Continued here:
    http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2015/01/lawsuit_claims_rehab_center_in.html

Read the lawsuit brought against Narconon, claiming the rehab facility is a Scientology front

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2015/01/read_the_lawsuit_brought_again.html

There's a related thread here:
    https://whyweprotest.net/threads/a-forever-recovery-and-narconon-freedom-center-sued-in-mi.104881/
    • Like Like x 8
  2. RightOn Member

YES! YES! OH YES!
    brb shower :cool:
    • Like Like x 4
  3. A follow-up article:

MLive: Read the lawsuit brought against Narconon, claiming the rehab facility is a Scientology front
    http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2015/01/read_the_lawsuit_brought_again.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

ALBION, MI – In a lawsuit against Albion-based rehab facility Narconon Freedom Center, former patient Lauren Prevec claims the center is "using the program to introduce Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard's 'technology' to unwitting patients seeking drug rehabilitation."

In a lawsuit filed to U.S. District Court on Wednesday, Jan. 14, Prevec alleges the center charged $25,000 in upfront costs before skipping a medical assessment, taking her completely off her anti-depressant medication and attempting to indoctrinate her to Scientology over the course of two months.

To read the full lawsuit, click here.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

http://media.mlive.com/citpat/news_impact/other/document-4.pdf
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Anonymous Member

Per Wickstrom wasn't mentioned in the lawsuit, so I just needed a sponge bath. :)
    • Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  5. RightOn Member

:D
    soon, very soon
    and while I am at it...

TODAY IS FRIDAY JAN 16TH.
    WHEN ARE ALL THE NARCONONS GOING TO BE FORCED TO SHUT THEIR DOORS?
    GEEZ!
    HEY! US GOVT! YOUR STUPID IS SHOWING
    • Like Like x 10
  6. I survived 6 months of Scientology oh wait Narconon in 07' 1 month at Arrowhead before my rebellion over brainwashing got me sent to Harlingen Tx for the "Special needs" students. I've done hundreds of hours researching them after my treatment they just about broke me mentally. Diabetic in the sauna for 32 days no meds for the entire program it was a total nightmare.
  7. Intelligence Member

I do have some recent info on Purr, and confirmed with second source a couple weeks ago. What a DIRT BAG MONSTER - in my opinion.:rolleyes:

Will contact the original source and see if they will go public?:p
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Quentinanon Member

DIRT BAG MONSTER = Active scientologist
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Intelligence Member

INDEED he is! I'm just waiting for reply to:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Intelligence Member

It's a GO!!! Source:
    I'm preparing a List of questions to ask them tomorrow.

Can any of you Anons think of a question(s) you would like to ask them?:rolleyes:

Ask here or PM me?

I LOVE writing about Purrrr::D

Media Release: Narconon Per Wickstrom – lineup of mug shots and threats

http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=12333
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Quentinanon Member

Did any NarCONon employees attempt to have a sexual relationship with this person?
    If yes, who.
    Did any NarCONon employees consume alcohol or use recreational drugs?
    If yes, who, what and when.
    Did any NarCONon employees distribute alcohol or recreational drugs?
    If yes, who, what and when.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. BigBeard Member

Did any narCONon employee claim or imply they were certified or licensed to provide counceling, or other services, they were not in fact certified or licensed for?

Did any narCONon employee, that was not a licensed doctor, direct anyone in their care to stop taking medications that had been prescribed for a specific condition by a licensed doctor?

Did any narCONon employee that was not a licensed doctor remove, without consent, medications belonging to anyone in their care that had been prescribed for a specific condition by a licensed doctor?

Did any narCONon employee refuse to administer any medications voluntarily surrendered with the understanding they would be given on an "as required" basis?

Were liver enzyme levels of those individuals undergoing the sauna and massive vitamin regime routinely checked?

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 5
  13. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 4
  14. scientology-washingtondc.org/events.html
    Narconon is on the main page
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

^^^ cult link needs breaking...
    • Like Like x 3
  16. patriot75 Member

17. Michigan Live: Albion rehab center requests court dismisses lawsuit claiming center is a Scientology front
    http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2015/03/albion_rehab_center_requests_c.html

ALBION, MI - Administrators at an Albion-based drug rehab center hope a U.S. District Court dismisses a lawsuit against the Narconon Freedom Center, two months after a former patient claimed the center uses its program to introduce Scientology to unwitting patients and sued the organization.

In a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in January, former patient and Ohio resident Lauren Prevec claims the center charged $25,000 in upfront costs before skipping a medical assessment, taking her completely off her anti-depressant medication and attempting to indoctrinate her to Scientology over the course of two months in the summer of 2012.

Narconon lawyers cited the contract Prevec signed and initialed before she was admitted to the center, which read in part: "I understand that the Narconon New Life Detoxification Program is an education program not medical treatment," and "I hereby agree that I ... will not make claim against, sue, attack the property of, or prosecute Narconon."

Court officials ordered a 4 p.m. conference April 3, to "explore methods of expediting the disposition" and "discouraging wasteful pretrial activities," among other matters, the order reads.

The conference is set before U.S. District Court Judge Robert Jonker in the Ford Federal Building, 110 Michigan N.W., Grand Rapids.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Random guy Member

How many cases are currently brewing against Narconon? This has to be costly!
  19. RightOn Member

TODAY IS MARCH 11TH.
    GEEZ!
    • Like Like x 3
  20. RightOn Member

If the jude sides with Narconon, he shouldn't be a judge. Just because someone signs something, doesn't mean it is legally binding if it is a fraudulent operation and you have "been had"
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Anonymous Member

Two parties named in lawsuit against Albion rehab facility file for dismissal over jurisdiction

By Katherine Ranzenberger | kranzenb@mlive.com

on March 31, 2015 at 12:45 PM, updated March 31, 2015 at 12:46 PM

ALBION, MI -- Two parties named in the case against a drug rehabilitation center in Albion have filed a motion to be removed from the lawsuit over a jurisdiction issue.

The motion was filed Friday, March 30 to dismiss the case against Association for Better Living and Education International and Narconon International. The two organizations were included in a recent lawsuit against the Albion-based Narconon Freedom Center.

ABLE and Narconon International are arguing that the inclusion in the lawsuit is out of the court's jurisdiction. The two organizations are based in California.

"Association of Better Living and Education International and Narconon International deny that the court has any jurisdiction over them and denies that they are vicariously liable for any acts or omissions of NFC," a motion filed Monday, March 30 reads.

"ABLE and NI intend to move to dismiss the First Amendment Complaint for failure to state a claim under (the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act)," the motion reads.

ABLE and Narconon International are arguing that the inclusion in the lawsuit is out of the court's jurisdiction. The two organizations are based in California.

"Association of Better Living and Education International and Narconon International deny that the court has any jurisdiction over them and denies that they are vicariously liable for any acts or omissions of NFC," a motion filed Monday, March 30 reads.

"ABLE and NI intend to move to dismiss the First Amendment Complaint for failure to state a claim under (the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act)," the motion reads.

Narconon Freedom Center also intends to move to dismiss the case, according to the March 30 motion.

A scheduling conference is set for 4 p.m. Friday, April 3, between the lawyers. U.S. District Court Magistrate Robert J. Jonker is hearing the case.

Lauren Prevec, the Ohio woman suing the rehabilitation center, is represented by Lansing lawyer Jeffrey P. Ray. ABLE, Narconon International and Narconon Freedom Center are represented by Southfield lawyer Kathleen H. Klaus.

In the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court on Wednesday, Jan. 14, Prevec, a former patient, claims the center charged $25,000 in upfront costs before skipping a medical assessment, taking her completely off her anti-depressant medication and attempting to indoctrinate her to Scientology over the course of two months.

This is the second lawsuit filed against the Narconon Freedom Center.

More at the link...

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2015/03/two_defendants_file_for_dismis.html
    • Like Like x 3
  22. RightOn Member

TODAY IS APRIL 1st.
    GEEZ!
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  24. anon4eva Member