Customize

last months protest in dallas Please Read

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by kevin, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawnonymous Member

Re: last months protest in dallas Please Read

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Can't quite see what he did there...
    Looks damn close, though.
    And a far cry from any PI badge I've seen.
  2. NoScope Member

So he was an off duty cop, then why the snap shots of La, Kevin, and Shawnanonymous.
  3. Re: last months protest in dallas Please Read

Because HE'S WORKING for the scilonz.
  4. Anonymous Member

I might be thinking of another city but when I first saw the video I thought the plain cloths cop(?) had lights on his car. I don't think he would be allowed to have lights on his car if he was a cop. Am I wrong thinking there is video of his car with red and blue grill lights in the grill ?
  5. shawnonymous Member

Watch the video on page 2.
    at 6:17 or so
    Red and blue lights on the dashboard.
  6. NoScope Member

No, he had a dashboard light and used it when he pulled up to the motorcycle. I only remember one blue light but could be worong.

Edit: rewatched the vid, there was a red light too. :)
  7. Anonymous Member

For 30 bucks you can do a reverse license plate lookup to find owner info. I did it, and got a hit in Texas, but I'm not paying 30 bucks for name. It exists though.

I'd say you have more than enough to go to Internal Affairs.
  8. Re: last months protest in dallas Please Read

Well, any car is allowed to have red lights; they're required for tail lights after all. However, it is illegal for any non-emergency vehicle to have blue lights, for whatever that's worth. I'm not sure how severe the crime is, though, although I suppose that's not really important since we're under the assumption he is legit.
  9. Anonymous Member

You cant have flashing lights in your car if you are not a cop And I would assume you can't turn them on unless you are on on duty. (I have not dox on this but if you go to IA you should mention that the lights where on )and that he flashed a badge. And contacted someone and disclosed that he was looking for someone that was involved in a hate crime.
  10. Re: last months protest in dallas Please Read

Also, I don't think we have enough to go to IA yet. If what you say is true, then the church could have hired some cronie to check plate numbers as we left, then paid the $30 to check the name on the registration. That would explain how Kevin got tagged, and it's an explanation that doesn't involve the police.
  11. shawnonymous Member

Yeah, I'm not so sure how far an IA report would go.
    I arrived late so I missed it, but didn't he converse with his "fellow officers" in uniform and marked vehicles when they showed up?
    If he was doing it wrong, surely one of them would have let him know...
  12. AnotherMrPink Member

Unless, that person that went and talked to the former owner of the car was the same man pictured. If she confirms guy from film is guy that talked to her.....
  13. Re: last months protest in dallas Please Read

Methinks you have a point, shawnonymous. I just have one more question for y'all, though. We need to know if the cop is the one who made the calls or if it was someone else. If it wasn't the cop, we've got nothing, maybe harassment, but we have no known source.
  14. NoScope Member

Ill ask the cop that shows up this wkend. Someone bring a photo of his face and the one of his license plate just in case,
  15. Re: last months protest in dallas Please Read

Well, I won't be there, so just take the screenshots from the video and print em out.
  16. TinyDancer Member

You don't have to do the IA's work for them.

You've got a heckuva lot of evidence that suggests this guy was helping the CoS. Then you got harassed. I'd say take it to IA and let them take it from there.
  17. Hurley Member

I almost pissed myself
    +2 internets
  18. Anonymous Member

I have to agree with other suggestions in this post. If it were me, I would get together some material explaining anon, some material explaining why we protest against the cos and maybe even include some of the black pr the cos is spreading.

I would explain to the sgt on duty what happened, and why you're concerned about it. Give them material. I wouldn't be a dick about it, and I wouldn't level accusations, but I would put the facts and my concerns out there. It couldn't hurt, and it is a chance to inform the local PD, and build good relations.

From the sound of things, they've already gotten some (forgive the scilon speak) false data from the culties. Time to set the record straight so you don't have the cops harassing you b/c they think you're in some kind of hate group/terrorist cell. And if the cops are sharing your info with culties, then you should say something about what's going down to them nao.
  19. Re: last months protest in dallas Please Read

Anon has it. We are generally not armed with fliers during protests in Dallas due to a lack of foot traffic, but perhaps we should keep some handy for the cops. Keep it clean, though, since they have to remain neutral. No speculation, nothing without quoting a source.

I'm still not sure if approaching the IA is a good idea, since we don't want to piss off the force. I think NoScope has the right idea, approaching the police on Saturday and talking to them about i, although it is still a touchy subject, so be careful buddy.
  20. anoninoob Member

Most if not all cities, counties and/or states restrict Red and Blue flashing or spinning lights to Law Enforcement or Emergency Services (fire and medical). Amber lights are often allowed for private security or other private services. Check your local listings though, your mileage may vary.

Though, with a few robbery/rapes that occurred a few years ago while the perp posed as an officer (uniform, flashing lights, badge, ect.) I doubt there's a county that doesn't have that restriction.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.