Customize

Labor claim against organized scientology - more important information

Discussion in 'Marc Headley v. Church of Scientology Internationa' started by LarryBren, Jan 11, 2009.

1. LarryBren Member

Labor claim against organized scientology - more important information

As covered in earlier posts there is now a suit filed against organized scientology for their gross violations of the labor laws and related matters. Marc (BlownForGood) is the defendant.

As I said in an earlier post, there were two others to be in the complaint with Marc but they were intimidated by organized scientology into dropping out before the formal suit was filed.

Marc also talked about this point in a posting he made at: Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - BLOWN FOR GOOD LAWSUIT IN CALIFORNIA

In part, Marc said:
    "As Larry Brennan mentioned in a post somewhere, there were a few others that were also part of the initial complaints that were filed. These names were intentionally listed to test what would happen with these people. Within hours of the complaints being filed, these people’s families were contacted and eventually some of these people would drop out of the case. The intimidation was swift and effective. This was expected and predicted. It was also illegal. So be it. It just made the case that much stronger. Additional evidence that backs up the case is created by the Scientology enterprise daily".
    END QUOTE

Organized scientology thinks that by intimidating these two into pulling out that the information relating to their abuses of these two has forever been kept from the public eye.

I don't think so!

Here is a link to what in effect is a copy of administrative complaint filed before the suit when the other two were listed in the complaint. It gives more details of organized scientology's attempts to hide behind religious cloaking as well as details of abuses of these two and others as well.

(The changes to the original filing in pdf format are that I copied it onto a clipboard and then pasted it into word so that I could remove the names of the other two people so as to ensure their privacy. Then, with help, I got the amended document put back into a pdf file. This resulted in the following changes from the original doc: 1) the layout and paging is slightly different, 2) fonts and sizing are a bit different and 3) the names of the two who dropped out were deleted).

Here it is:
    [ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/10094807/Admin-Complaint"]Admin Complaint@@AMEPARAM@@/docinfo/10094807?access_key=key-2omgg211f2xz6re8pjr2@@AMEPARAM@@10094807@@AMEPARAM@@key-2omgg211f2xz6re8pjr2[/ame]

If this does not come out clearly, anyone feel free to put a copy someplace where others can easily get to it.

So, OSA's attempt to hide this information through intimidation is FAIL. There it is.

The only way that they will get away with terrible abuses of staff and others is by keeping it hidden. That's not going to happen here.
  2. adhocrat Member

Re: Labor claim against organized scientology - more important information

QFT

3. A.Non Hubbard Member

4. A.Non Hubbard Member

Also what sort of legal document is this? Just a filing of a complaint with a labour board?
  5. DarthXenu Member

Lurk moar. This is epic.
  6. TypingChimp Member

How did the people on the Death Star feel when a lone Jedi made a run towards a port the size of a womprat? Did they laugh at first? Did they think he had no chance? Did they think he couldn't possibly make that shot? This could be every bit as epic.

May the Force be with you. On second thought, fuck it. I always wanted to nail Talia Winters and Susan Ivanova at the same time on B5, with Delenn of the Grey Council waiting in the wings.
  7. Anonymous Member

I can't believe you can't get a class action suit going with this, it should include all ex-scientologists. Have you tried newspaper ads, like they have for class action medical suits, like asbestos? Especially in california this should get alot of names to join in the suit. Of course I realize how difficult the cult is and will make things for you. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!
  8. Anonymous Member

Newspaper adds are to give notice to potential class members who may be bound by a class settlement. Typically, this activity occurs after a class has been certified. Theoretically, it should be possible to ascertain the identity of all former employees who could fall within the plaintiff class. Newspaper adds are not the solution because compiling names is not the problem with a potential class action for minimum wage.
  9. Anonymous Member

This could be important.

imma bumpit
  10. AnonyMary Member

ANYONE who recently left CoS Sea Org needs to PM Larry Brennan for particulars on how to participate in correcting this injustice.
  11. Anonymous Member

12. xenubarb Member

I think those people should do to Scn what Scn did to the IRS...thousands of individual lawsuits.
    Death by a thousand nibbles.
  13. Herro Member

Not a bad idea. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that.
  14. themadhair Member

This. Even Herro doesn't disagree.
  15. Anonymous Member

this would require exes to actually DO something and back their spurious claims with actual EVIDENCE

two thing exes seem incapable of
  16. Anonymous Member

Perhaps that is how they got into scientology in the first place. Expecting someone/something to come along and magically fix all their problems for the minimum of effort (or until there is enough of a herd to carry them along). Of course they are not all like that but some are.
  17. none given Member

bump
  18. LarryBren Member

Organized scientology is throwing everything they have at these cases as they are very, very worried about them. They have hired some of the "best legal talent" there is on labor related matters and constitutional matters. They will spend millions of dollars on these cases.

As I posted earlier they were moving their defenses from "volunteers" to "members of religious orders" in nature but now, with the hire of even more legal talent, they are shifting their defenses more into their not having to follow labor laws as they are not engaged in interstate commerce.

As part of this they will position themselves as religious and not in it for the money. (OMG "not in it for the money" ?????!!!!! right). As far as I am concerned even if they were a "religion" or a "religious organization" that does not mean they are not also a business or a religion with a commercial aspect.

I am not qualified to give a legal opinion here but I believe they will lose big on this eventually although it will be one hell of a fight.

As a side note of import here, organized scientology IMHO is majorly involved with witness tampering in trying to intimidate potential witnesses to discourage them from testifying.

I believe there are many examples of this and know of some. Without giving any names, one example is of someone who was told by representatives of organized scientology that a family member would disconnect and not be involved with their child if they filed a claim. And organized scientology knew that that person had information that would help the plaintiff's cases and be detrimental to the defense.

A witness who knows, for example, something about why the fences at Int were installed to keep staff in is threatened with loss of family if he tells. I believe we will find that this witness was contacted by OSA, grilled for hours and threatened with declares and disconnects if the witness speaks out and was pressured to sign a cumbersome "confidentiality agreement" and told to show it to a lawyer (while not being allowed out of the room to see a lawyer).

I believe we will find many examples of potential witnesses being pressured to sign "settlement agreements" or "gag orders" wherein they agreed not to testify unless compelled to do so by subpoena and court order. Such former staff members may be gotten to agree to avoid service of subpoenas and contact scientology’s lawyers for help in quashing any such subpoena.

So, while organized scientology is spending millions to try to hide huge labor and other abuses behind a wide variety of laws and pretenses, they are going great guns to try to see to it that people are made too fearful to be witnesses.

IMHO they will fail horribly at this.

BTW, I believe an initial witness list will be filed in court tomorrow. Little Davey I would suggest that you be prepared for:

And, I believe that witness list will be but the tip of the iceberg. If you think organized scientology is up to dirty tricks and worse to hide their many abuses, you are right but it's probably worse than you think.

I say prepare for some major entertainment in the months ahead.

Oh, and I still say expect more very interesting litigation soon.
  19. RightOn Member

Larry you said,
    "They have hired some of the "best legal talent" "

Do you mean better than Ossi and McDemott? Travolta lawyers? How is that possible? tee hee
  20. Ogsonofgroo Member

Yup, ideally, but with a couple of dozen groupings (or more) of them then maybe more of the ex's would find their strength in numbers?

Wouldn't it be a huge frikken fap-fest were any Court's rulings demand back wages, pension payments, restitution/refunds. etc. *sigh* one can only hope, but as Larry says, you know CoS will fight this to the death no matter the cost. Oh, is that another donations drive I smell?..............

:)
  21. frettchen007 Member

brb
    ordering popcorn
  22. Anonymous Member

It's too bad you can't find one ex- or leaving scilon who is smart enough to record the whole thing and have scientology lawyers on the hook for witness intimidation.

If these indoctrinated idiots go along with the cult, they are always going to be under their thumb. If they tell them to fuck off with their threats and disconnection, there is still a chance to still be their own person and have their family members wake up.
  23. WorldOfPeople Member

Most of the ex's won't speak out because they're afraid of ligitation. But Scientology can't take them all... death by a thousand nibbles, like Xenubarb says... Scientology will die slowly and torturously and, if they do try to fight it, embarrasingly. Plenty of lulz avalible there.
  24. Re: Labor claim against organized scientology - more important information

The lying fraud and noted child-abuser, L. Ron Hubbard himself instituted the labor abuses of Scientology with the creation of his own pretend navy, the Sea-Org., appointing himself as the make-believe Commodore. All staff is underpaid and overworked with very little, if any benefits as well.

TheCommodore, Dr. Hubbard also claimed to be a Doctor (another lie), civil engineer, nuclear physicist, WW2 War hero amongst many other outright lies.

They're now spending millions of their "fixed" donations to claim this made up religion is about religion only and not about money. LOL, please. Fixed donations are used to continue to recruit and abuse new members and the enormous legal fees are meant to perpetuate the fraud that Scientology is.

The Sea-Org's contract for about 90 hours a week labor for 50 bux per week for 1 BILLION years may be just a tad abusive not to mention the RPF and other absurd punishments for the slightest offenses in the performance of the abused members slave labor.

LRH himself wrote that Scientology is NOT a religion and all of his abusive policies and writings can NOT be changed ever because they represent Hubbard's perfect tech.
  25. mooolymool Member

THUNDERDRUMS ARE GO!!
  26. Anonymous Member

learn2california recording laws

Recording would need a warrant in California, even with consent from one party.
  27. Olrik Member

To exes:
    1: UNITE,
    2: Organize,
    3: Attack,
    4: ???
    5: profit.

... or something like this.

Plus, don't forget that Anonymous is around...
  28. Re: Labor claim against organized scientology - more important information

How do you know they haven't?

None of this OSA faggotry is any sort of surprise, and I'd back Larry, Barry and Marc to have planned ahead.

Unlike certain others I could mention (who may or may not reside in California), Team Headley have been doing things on the quiet, ready to unleash hell when the time is right
  29. 4Dlulz Member

folks, use FOIA to our advantage, request payroll documents from the IRS etc.
  30. mrfyde Member

I don't think that is information that is included under FOIA. I don't think I can go to the IRS and make them tell me how much Joe Blow makes a year using FOIA. I don't even think the IRS can share that information with other agencies. - but i could be wrong so he is a list of things exempt from FOIA

FOIA EXEMPTIONS
  31. OTBT Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...-org-members-w-2-pay-statement-amounts-39100/

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-chit-chat/smi-staff-pay-2000-2001-a-38947/

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/299-...onal/scientology-staff-employees-wages-40717/
  32. 4Dlulz Member

It falls under FOIA because of various pay discimantions suits. You can thank feminists for this one. To prove you are getting paid less, FOIA the IRS for you company's pay rolls and say "Look, everyone but me is getting paid X amount!"
  33. mrfyde Member

That does not show (state) someone getting FOIA on someone else (at least not from the OP (you) In that thread. The information was gotten, but it does not say how.

Dox ? [STRIKE]I seem to recall Obama's first action as president was some kind of bill that favored a woman who had worked 15-20 years not getting paid the same as her male counterparts.[/STRIKE] But I do NOT think that you can randomly submit a FOIA request for someones W-2. - I am ready to be proven wrong and will accept dox graciously.

edit :stricken part is because I have brain damage.
  34. 4Dlulz Member

Bainbridge News Sheriff Files FOIA Request w/County
    this is a news report directly on someone requesting w-2

http://sedm.org/Forms/Discovery/InfoRtnFOIA.pdf
    direct dox on it, page 2, #6

Companies do keep the W-2E form, and have a W-3 form as well for themselves
  35. OTBT Member

You are correct, FOIA was not used.

I did a search for "W-2" in this document:

http://www.exposescientology.com/visadox/aao-decision-summary.pdf

which is a plain text compilation from docs collected here:

Visa research, Church of Scientology, Religious Worker visas
  36. OTBT Member

Scilons won a court case years ago regarding this:

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

37. 4Dlulz Member

this is pertinent, They can't release individual names or other identifing info! BUT! they can release group data in a statistical form. So yes, one can file a FOIA request for W-2s, however, some information will be redacted
  38. jensting Member

Ooooh, you tease, you!

Keep up the good work.

Best regards

Jens
  39. Anonymous Member

bump/update?