Customize

LA wimpy IAS event Dec 04 2010

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by i'mglib, Dec 4, 2010.

1. i'mglib Member

LA wimpy IAS event Dec 04 2010

Ok, that was just sad.

We get there (late because of wretched traffic) and park on Fountain, and there was NO ONE in sight. Off in the distance we Odo on his bike, and that's it. So we walk down LRH Way, and still no one in sight. There are lots of Christmas lights and IAS banners hanging from the buildings and big white snowflakes projected on Big Blue (kinda pretty, actually) but no people. We get to the other end, at Sunset and LRH Way, and there by the parking lot next to the idle org, we see protesters. We also see Tim, and the other sort of dour guy who is a regular handler. There are 20-30 cars in the parking lot, but very few people. No Sea Org on the street, either.

Eventually some cars drive in and out of the parking lot, and we wave our signs, but it turns out most of them were on a SCAVENGER HUNT, and one of the items is a flyer from COS. They kept coming in, jumping out of the car and running inside for a flyer, and driving away. It was pretty funny actually.

My photos are coming.

Smurf's video could be a while. I heard his car got towed when we went to HGB :(
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: LA wimpy IAS event Dec 04 2010

Weird...
    Were they getting a flyer to another location for the event?

How odd indeed.
  3. twig Member

I think they pulled a fast one on you
  4. Anonymous Member

Only cults put their members through SCAVENGER HUNTS!
  5. i'mglib Member

Actually, it wasn't the cult's scavenger hunt. It was some people from a party or something. We would see them come down the street, and we thought they were Scientologists, but they weren't. Some said, "No, we hate Scientology, we're just on a scavenger hunt."
  6. twig Member

this is not convincing me
  7. Anonymous Member

No one cares what you think, I on the other hand love a scavenger hunt, and whoever came up with this one deserves an award.
  8. anonsoldier Member

Love the scavenger hunt people. It just further mocks and degrades the cult, reducing them to little more than a punchline.
  9. i'mglib Member

My photos:

P1020044.jpg
    P1020045.jpg
    P1020030.jpg
    P1020047.jpg
    P1020033.jpg
    P1020034.jpg
    P1020067.jpg
    P1020071.jpg
    P1020072.jpg
    P1020073.jpg
  10. Anonymous Member

So, 30 cars in LA and 30 cars in Clearwater last night?

Isn't LA is home to the largest number of Sci's and I know Clearwater is their mecca and their money and this is the best they can do on attendance for major events?

Sweet news on the 15th anniversary of Lisa McPherson's death at the hands of the cult.

Rock steady, Anonymous.
  11. i'mglib Member

Yeah, it was pretty dead. Either we got trolled, or Scientology's stats are waaay down.

Last photo, Casper called all of us on our cell phones, and we all missed his call. Sorry, bud.

P1020078.jpg
  12. Re: LA wimpy IAS event Dec 04 2010

how come you people all wear heavy winter jackets? i thought you lived in california???
  13. the anti Member

because it's under 70. freaking icicles everywhere
  14. Re: LA wimpy IAS event Dec 04 2010

its -20 here dont wanna hear about your pussyness
  15. Re: LA wimpy IAS event Dec 04 2010

Nice Raid!!!

Did they remove the registrars during the Scavenger Hunt?
  16. xenubarb Member

Heh. What kind of idiot lives where it gets minus 20? Socal starts whining when it gets down in the mid-60s. 50F and we have to start shoveling bawww off the sidewalks.
  17. Smurf Member

Yup, it was a fun and very costly night to be sure. I have to be more observant of street signs. I turned out to be a $224.50 mistake. The City gets alot of its revenue from these shakedowns. The Tow Fee was $109.50 and just to have the guy release my car on sight was an additonal $115.00. Kudos to Tory for trying to get the tow guy to release the car to me without charge.

It's been a big controversy in the City of LA that large swaths of street parking are blocked off to allow valet parking for the nightclubs in front of these places; it limits public parking options, but also pays off for the nightclubs that pays business taxes to the City.

While I was dealing with the tow truck driver, Alex, the Ukrainian guard from the HGB was riding around me & my car taking pictures. Then, a few minutes later, a red van slowly drove by and I saw OSAbot Joe O'Reilly videotaping me and my car.
    Nothing escapes these twits.

I got home and looked at the card I found on a sidewalk on LRH Way that led PAC Security to later surround my car and try to prevent me from leaving, claiming I stole Scientology property. I told the guards I can't read small print without my reading glasses which I didn't have with me, but would read it when I got home.

Apologies to the young guard I bumped into with my car, but you pulled it in by being a bully & trying to block me from leaving. I videotaped the postcard in question & put in the mail back to Bridge Publications this morning.

I have hilarious footage of Casper pulling the hair off a young woman (videos now uploading).
  18. Smurf Member

I arrived at 5:30 and shortly after Odo saw me, several other bike guards showed up & were shuffling publics & staff into the buildings. Within minutes, LRH Way was a ghost town.

To clarify, last night's event was a IAS Briefing (meeting), not one of their glitzy events that would ordinarily take place at the Shrine. Tory was concerned that protesters were misled about where the event was being held. The notice of this event came from an email list that goes out to active Scientologists. There's a big difference between IAS galas & briefings, though Scilons are regged for $$$ at both.
  19. i'mglib Member

My video:

20. Smurf Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX1xB62zkc4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH1jT_Z2Pyc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0BpIcKRtKA[/ame]
  21. Re: LA wimpy IAS event Dec 04 2010

Great job, you guys! Interesting to hear that things were so quiet. Not sure what that was about, but maybe it's good news. We can hope, right?

Keep it up, LA. I love your raid reports. Love the Santa hats too.
  22. Anonymous Member

I luv you guise.
  23. whoever Member

Love it. Thanks for the reports, i'mglib and Smurf. Good signs!
  24. slobeck Member

Handling the handlers. It's EZ-mode these days
  25. eddieVroom Member

26. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice.
  27. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

After dinner Casper took me, Lynn and Tory to Winter Wonderland where we met this guy who I'm pretty sure is Frank's brother. Correct me if I'm wrong, either way he said they weren't related but you can't trust most scilons so I wasn't convinced at all.

I asked if I could take a picture with him and he said "not with that mask off" so I took it off and said "ok without the mask then" but he still didn't want to although it was too late, Paparazzi Casper already took the picture and the guy freaked out about it, pushed me away (not real hard or anything, just a GTFO kinda push. Still I guess he was lucky there was no police watching). In retrospect it seems weird he did that because the picture was of course already taken so the push was completely useless. Scilon logic at work? After this he started going after Casper and tried to take the camera and/or get Casper to delete the picture which he refused. We were on public property and all. Started taking video and he backed off once he realised this. Video isn't really worth watching and the thing is - I probably wouldn't have bothered uploading the picture either, it was just another tourist picture for me. But since he freaked out about it I changed my mind:

IMG_1428.jpg

Also, I think I remember this guy purpously bumping into someone at HGB at one point so if you see him, take video - just in case.
  28. Anonymous Member

If I see that guy, I will take a bunch of pictures and upload them in honor of you.
  29. Smurf Member

He's not Franck's brother. I forgot his name.. think it's Lionel.. I posted it last year or the year before. He's in the SO & posted at PAC-ASHO..works at Winter Wonderland every year. I've spoken with him.. a nice guy, but like alot of the young 2nd generation Scilons, he tries to impress his peers by playing the bully.. elbowing, pushing, deliberately bumping into people.. which is a childish, but a routine op.

When he develops into a fully grown adult Scilon, he'll turn from being a youthful bully to flipping the bird, calling critics "Anonymous jerks" and endlessly moaning "criminal harassment."

He told me last year his parents are also in the SO at Flag.
  30. Anonymous Member

Did he tell you how often he gets to see his parents (or how often he did while growing up)?
  31. Smurf Member

Nope. I already know the answer to that.
  32. Anonymous Member

Don't we all.
  33. Sam Urai Member

A couple of pics from Big Blue:

BB2.jpg

BB.jpg
  34. Gottabrain Member

You guys are just the sweetest, cutest, most adorable lovable protestors I've ever seen!

Great job!
  35. Anonymous Member

They heard Hombre was coming, got scared and ran away. Good to see you folks again.
  36. BLiP Member

Youse all rock. Thank you very much for protesting.
  37. Anonymous Member

the awesomeness is over flowing
    Great signs Glib!
    Nice job everyone.
  38. pooks Member

Thanks so much for the videos Smurf. I always enjoy them. And thanks to the rest of the LA protestors. Looks like a fun night.

You're right Smurf. An IAS briefing is small meeting of whoever the cult can sucker in and rob them of their money. A gala is a BIG deal where the Scios dress up in gowns and tuxes and and robbed of their money.