Customize

LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by ath, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymizzz Member

Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

they weren't forced. in fact they initiated it. these people don't think rationally like that and aren't "realizing they can't win" - their "tech" doesn't allow them to think like that. and if you believe it, you are in danger of being handled.
  2. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

Immaterial. That they felt compelled to talk instead of threatening lawsuits and fair gaming everyone involved speaks volumes; it means they've realized they need to change tactics.

This doesn't mean I trust them; far from it. Protests should continue until there are concrete results; the last thing that should happen is for them to get the impression that Anonymous can be handled by bullshitting around. The message that I feel should be sent is: We're willing to talk, but we will not stop until we get what we want.

Of course, it's totally up to LA Anons what route they want to take; this is just my advice.
  3. 14G0 Member

That was a lengthy post, churchlady. You put a lot of time and effort into it - allow me to do the same.

tl;dr ahead.

Oh my, yes.

Mega trolling for lulz and stupidity.

No, I don't think so. Celebs get their handlers to fuck around with the paps/public all the time. Smith instructed his security guy to handle the protestor situation. And he did. Easily.

Anxious Anons were anxious to please.

Possible to find that out? If so, will SoCal drop by or is this all done and over with? Everybody happy, washing hands, and tossing their :guyfawkes: in the bin? You seem pretty satisfied that the school and the teachers and the inclusion of a quasi-$ci curriculum are all hunky dory.

Please tell me you do not condone the use of this scifi junk on small children. Perhaps a little rephrasing is due here?

Probably safe to say most people here don't disagree with this.

Probably safe to say A LOT of people here disagree with this, but whatever.

I'm going to be an asshole here and say I still don't understand why SoCal isn't more pissed off. Yeah yeah you say "it's not over."

It would be great to see 4 unemployed 'teachers' in the RPF (or preferably free of the cult) instead of standing in front of a bunch of kids saying "NO, GO BACK AND LOOK UP YOUR MISUNDERSTOODS UNTIL YOU SEE THINGS EXACTLY HOW MR HUBBARD SAW THEM." And it would be nice if Study Tech is a thing of the past at Will and Jada's speshul skool for kids who can't tolerate poor people's cooties.

SoCal has the power to accomplish the ultimate win and shut down this situation - I know they can because even though I believe they were led through the nose throughout the whole incident, I also see that it took brass Beghe's to walk into that building and powwow unprepared with the enemy.

tl;dr
    Scilon school is unclean. Burn it with fire not smother it in hugs. Rah rah sis boom bah SoCal.
  4. incog712 Member

Main
    People
    Suck
  5. r3bus Member

It's a TARP, they are trying to handle you.

DO NOT FALL FOR IT. This is only a small win, it's the exhaust vent on the Deathstar, now launch your torpedos!
  6. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

Go SoCal! Ath + the \b\rothers did exactly what they're supposed to do-enturbulate the hell out of the Scilon staff. It's far more effective then being kept off the grounds and dismissed as whackos. Regardless of whether the # of Scilons on staff is 4 or all, by presenting our information in a cool, rational way and opening the lines of communication, you are opening their minds and planting seeds of doubt regarding the efficacy/validity of LRon's methods. Our whole goal should be to talk with as many people as possible about the dangers of Scientology. The more we can do so with people of power and influence, such as the Director of Security for this school, the better. It will also make life a lot better when people realize we only confront Scientology in a non-violent way. Bravo to the raiders! This was a really inspirational raid.
  7. NonMoose Member

You get it.
  8. nevadatan Member

What is this "\b\"?
  9. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

Not to speak for AGP, BUT - when I saw 'main people' comment, I just took it to mean facefagged/namefagged protestors and critics who have gotten the $cilons' attention. Not 'main people' as in leaderfags, but 'main people' as in 'known targets'.

Cocks and all, though, if it turns out I'm incorrect. :text: :nini:
  10. AnonKiwi Member

One thing perhaps folks are missing is that it sounds like the Scilons at the meeting were really pissed off that a meeting took place.

It's possible that the meeting happened despite the wishes of the Scilon teachers. This is a good thing.

It's possible the school will change to the point where the Scilon teachers are forced out. Imagine that epic, epic win!

LA - keep it up!
  11. xenubarb Member

Yeah. Like, they couldn't just google Anonymous and issue an invitation on Enturb, huh? Like, "Oh hai, we represent Woll Smoth skool and wud liek to haz dialogue w/ anonymous."
    No, they had to go through this elaborate ruse to "lure you out."

wHAT A BUNCH OF HORSE SHIT! Strange that this doesn't raise the red flags I would have expected from such savvy, l33t hax0rs and masters of teh covert such as yourselves...
  12. iaxiloll Member

Since I made my first post in this thread I have had the nagging feel that all this could only take place because of one person. Will. I have a feel that his not yet totally converted logical thinking side is doing what a normal person would do. Yeah I said it. I do not really believe that Will is totally down the rabbit hole, thus making it possible that the school, though a threat, is not quite 100% Scilon. And the lying Scilons where forced into holding that meeting against their teachings an paranoid Scilon minds by orders from the "top" so as to protect Wills "good" name.
  13. xenubarb Member

Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?
    Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?Don't see the point of going back on the 8th?

14. xenubarb Member

OMFG!

Please! How about in that, "you're my dishonest, lyin' ass opponent" sort of way? [snip ferocious flameage here]
  15. xenubarb Member

Yeah, right.
    were their lips moving when they did that?
  16. xenubarb Member

This is something of a different magnitude. You have never experienced Level II handling. (because I just made it up) But see, screeching and drama work fine for the street. It do not fly in congress, in the National Foundation for Women Legislators, for the CAN infiltrators, anywhere Scientology wants something from somebody with influence, they don't act like drama queens. It's all smiles, conciliation, invitations to upscale events and a lot of back slappage.

They would not get far with opinion leaders by indulging in that two year old temper tantrum crap you're referring to.
  17. Optimisticate Member

Nothing to do with the Scilo-school, but this should add to the reasoning why scilon teaching methods should not be used, PARTICULARLY in California. Anons with good numbers have good arguments. Anyone know the high school and college graduation rate of children brought up in Co$ using their teaching methods?

State falling way behind No Child Left Behind
  18. Daywatch Member

GO
    BACK
    ON
    THE
    8th

YOU GOT
    HANDLED
  19. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

Yeah they said openly that Jada and Will were in on this, so there is a good chance that the ruse had more to do with Will Smith than Scientology.

Even so, it remains extremely important that all parties involved get the message, and get it repeatedly. Scientology is a dangerous cult that exploits and harms children. Scientology has no place in schools, and it is an outrage that Will Smith is funding the cult's abuse and attempting to spread its indoctrination methods to young people.

Keep up the good work, and keep up the raids.
  20. BigBeard Member

Two questions:

1. Did the Deputies bother to find out who this SUV belonged to and why they were doing what they were doing?

2. Was the Director of Security not pleased about this because it made it obvious Cof$ was in on the wrong opening date ruse?

BigBeard
  21. Plups Member

2830890942_872fdebd82.jpg
  22. Plups Member

I'm willing to allow for the possibilities that:

• The teachers at this school genuinely want to be part of the very best educational facility that they can;
    • This reflects the genuine desires of Will and Jada to be part of establishing the very best educational facility that they can - ie. that their goals are broader than merely helping establish Scientology;
    • A significant proportion of the faculty are not Scientologists and - while not opposed to scientology, are open to hearing about why Study Tech and Scientology Ethics are dangerous; and
    • Therefore, there are genuine opportunities to point out the truth about Hubbard and Study Tech.
  23. Plups Member

I don't see your logic there, Big[STRIKE]Boy[/STRIKE]Beard
  24. anonymizzz Member

mahahaha, so true.
  25. Plups Member

Ath and other LAnons, in your communications with the school, would you enquire as to what research they've found to justify the 100% mastery of a subject requirement that they impose?

As an educated layperson, I have NEVER heard of any reputable educational theory requiring 100% mastery, and I am concerned at what messages will be given to children about themselves when they don't achieve 100%, whether at NVLA or in real life.

The previous reincarnation of the curriculum overview put the "Examinations" bit in much clearer Scientology terminatology:
    What research is there to suggest that "100% certainty" is a valid educational goal?

(I'm reminded of Jason Beghe's address at Hamburg about the dangers of 100% certainty. Doubtless we shall hear more of that shortly.)
  26. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

Fixed, thx.
  27. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

Ahoy there, Cynic. I think the Director of Security might have been unsettled by it because a strange SUV was circling the property where, one day, there will be children present that he's responsible for. Ever think of that?

I've noticed that everyone on this thread is DYING for the link between Co$ and Will Smith to be airtight, but at this point, it's simply not. Why don't we all relax a little and see where this goes? They're not opening a Delphi school - they're opening a private school that may use some Study Tech. While I think it's important to keep both eyes open at all times, I don't think that jumping to barely logical conclusions helps anyone.
  28. churchlady Member

I get the feeling the Director of Security was trying to operate apart from scientology and was dismayed that the scilons had their noses in his business (or maybe he's a good actor).

Thanks Ath for the report on the inside of the school. It sounds like they are still in the middle of remodeling, which means they aren't ready for occupancy. I believe the delay in having students there has more to do with contractors doing the remodel than anything else. If you have had work done on your house, you know what I mean.

To clear up any confusion, I don't support using Study Tech in any form in any school. A teaching method devised by a college dropout, penny a word sci-fi writer whose books have never even won any real awards is worse than useless. The other methodologies on their list probably have degrees, independent research, and credentials backing them up. Haven't researched them, too lazy.

Although Ray Bradbury is a national treasure, he has never tried to write textbooks and invent a school curriculum or teaching methodology.

It looks like Will and Jada, with noble intentions, are trying to combine scientology with other stuff, and it just won't work. scilons don't know how to share.:nini:
  29. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

Would starting a thread with this be fail? Submitted for hivemind approval.

If anyone wants to improve that, I'm not trying to egofag the idea. Edit away.
  30. brvandal Member

should we be namefagging for osa?
  31. JohnnyRUClear Member

So... is there a "chapter 2" thread I should hit next, or...?
  32. AnotherMrPink Member

necromancy.jpg
  33. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

Oh hai, New Village Academy.

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing each other real soon.
  34. crockhat Member

[edit]

forget me, for I sucketh c0x0noids, etc.
  35. churchlady Member

Anyone who wants to drop dox------- use the pm feature. Find an anon you like, pm them. Anon will not trust you at first because of scientology's OSA/FBI. Don't give up.
  36. ARC Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.