Customize

LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by ath, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ath Member

LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

TL;DR: LA Anonymous pulls in epic win, meeting with Will Smith/Jada Pinkett-Smith's Director of Security and school Faculty members.

Mod update, August 2009: Smith and Pinkett fire school manager for not liking Scientology enough? Oh hell naw! http://forums.whyweprotest.net/304-celebrity-news/exclusive-will-jada-fire-head-their-school-50654/

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5383/schoolsclosedgroupaz8.jpg

September 3rd, 2008
    LOS ANGELES, CA -- Southern California's branch of Anonymous today met with Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith's Director of Security as well as New Village Academy Director Dr. Jacqueline Olivier and numerous other faculty members. Anonymous had arrived around 8:00AM to protest the school's first day of class. No students were in attendence as of 11:00AM when the protestors departed.

Numerous cars were reached by approximately a half dozen different protestors. Drivers in the area were so interested that they began slowing down to read protest signs, causing traffic congestion for approximately two miles. A local Sheriff's Department patrol stopped and spoke with Anonyomus for about 15 minutes without incident.

Approximately 9:30AM Anonymous was preparing to depart, and a jogger that had passed by several times approached the protestors. He introduced himself as Will Smith's Director of Security and spoke for several minutes. The Anonymous protestors were invited inside the school to talk with the faculty. After a brief debate the protestors agreed to the meeting. 15-20 teachers, four of whom were Scientologists themselves, and the school's Director, were present.

The protestors were informed that the September 3rd date posted on the website was a ruse, and the opening date was actually September 8th. A number of points were discussed in the meeting.

Anonymous expressed its issues with study tech, noting that there are no successful schools that come to mind using the curriculum. Delphi schools, which are known to be operated by Scientology-owned organizations, implement the same curriculum. Ex-scientologists, like those at exscientologykids.com, have gone on record saying that Delphi schools provide a less than average education and are generally not accredited.

Dr. Olivier expressed that much of the "study tech" (which the faculty did refer to as "Study Tech") has been dropped from the school's cirriculum, and they are combining elements of other programs as well, such as Montessori. Faculty in the meeting seemed to genuinely believe that they were heading down the right path, and members of various faiths were represented. Study tech will still be the primary, but not sole, teaching method in their curriculum.

Most of the faculty members did not seem to have done any research on L. Ron Hubbard, and were not aware of his criminal background. Future dialogue may be possible, and further details will not be released out of respect for the school's willingness to communicate.

Throughout the protest, an SUV was circling the protestors and filming their picket. The Director of Security was not pleased with this, understanding that it reflects poorly on their school. The SUV was present and circling from the beginning of the picket until the end. Deputies Jefferys and Gomez (speling not guaranteed) of the Lost Hills Sheriff station were present and noticed the vehicle during their conversation with Anonymous protestors.

As a result of successful communication - the first time Anonymous has been able to go inside and speak with a large, genuinely concerned group of people - the protest for 3:30PM at the school has been called off. Future free speech activities may take place at the school depending on how the dialogue develops from here.

A few of the picketers are pictured below with the school's telltale logo in the background. For verification, see the Tree looking logo at New Village Leadership Academy that appears in the top left corner.

[[Pictures to come shortly, stay tuned]]
  2. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

win
  3. subgenius Member

Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

Nicely done.
  4. gregg Member

Awesome win. Major press contacted, I am sure your working on that as well.

So the date was given to get you all to show up and talk pretty much. It was a setup? Seems that way. Interesting plan.
  5. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

i loled
  6. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

It's great to see that they've opened a dialogue with Anonymous. I'm astonished they went so far as to post a fake opening date for the school.
  7. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

^ Yeh that was somewhat surprising, but all the staff were there suggesting this was almost planned. That or we have misinterpreted and the school technically opened today, but students dont start yet - most schools near here open for administrative stuff weeks in advance
  8. Robert S Member

Pretty cool.

But Spider Sense is tingling about the date switch. "The protestors were informed that the September 3rd date posted on the website was a ruse, and the opening date was actually September 8th."

Excuse me but WHAT? SAY AGAIN? WHY?
  9. Silent Member

Great work! And the school took an interesting approach to this, it seems that they might actually care about their future pupils!

The fact that they seem to care tells me that it is not completely overrun by scifags, so this can still be saved!
  10. Top Grunge Member

Is it possible to make sure non-Co$ staffers all know all the details? Did they get all the pertinent websites to go checkout? I know exkids, but I bet if they are well informed on the whole matter, they may protest using shit-tech. of course, they are probably being paid well for teachers and migh tjust shut up and do what they are told.

I just can't imagine someone who went to school to teach gets a job and is told, oh that stuff? Its secondary to this stuff a mad man said.
  11. cardanon Member

Great report!!!!!!!! Thanks for this. It's so refreshing to see how effective peaceful protest can be.
  12. LRonAnon Member

Nice peaceful win, comms opened, well played folks.
  13. mrfyde Member

The fake opening date is very strange. And the example it sets for future honesty is in question. But I have to say that I am pleased with their open communication.
  14. squeak Member

Impressive.

Still waiting to see what comes of all of it!

Also think it's interesting that they posted a fake starting date on a place they knew we'd look.
  15. GIR Member

I almost wanted to scream "Pics or it didn't happen," but then i reread the bottom of the first posting. I'm willing to wait for a while.

Pics of Anons with Will Smith FTW!!! I want one large enough to become my new background image.

Edit: I'm a dumbass. It looked like he said that they met with the couple themselves, as well as the faculty members. Of course they wouldn't get near any normal people. And their handlers wouldn't let them talk to us for sure
  16. Anon1720 Member

I hate to be negative here but I don't know about this. I get the feeling that this was an attempt to shut down futre protests - bad for business afterall. Tell the Anons what they want to hear then send them home with promises of future talks.

Is Davey really going to let up on Will and Jada? I think not. How long before these teachers and admins get told to join C0S or GTFO?

I hope I'm wrong and will wait to hear from the Anons at the protest.
  17. eksef Member

Did any anons ask why there is no list of faculty on the website (like WBM pointed out)?

Also, EPIC FUCKING WIN.
  18. Aveeno Member

I thought the same thing. They knew what would happen.
  19. Anne Ominous Member

This is awesome and a major coup. However...

If Study Tech is still going to be on the menu, then protests must continue.
  20. gregg Member

21. coslies Member

That's how shit gets done! Good raid!
  22. Robert S Member

ruse
    Pronunciation:
    \ˈrüs, ˈrüz\
    Function:
    noun
    Etymology:
    French, from Old French, roundabout path taken by fleeing game, trickery, from reuser
    Date:

: a wily subterfuge

synonyms see trick

Why?
  23. Consensus Member

Study Tech is *not* scientology's greatest crime - I wouldn't even rank it in the top 5. Many scilon children, taught with study tech, got an inferior education. It could, however, be integrated with a proper curriculum without impacting it negatively (note that I don't believe study tech actually improves a proper curriculum when added - it just *isn't innovative* enough for that). It's entirely possible for this school to become a legitimate and adequate place for educating children. I also won't assert absolutely that anyone who considers themselves a scientologist is, by necessity, a bad teacher. But since the school has ties to scientology, everyone involved has to understand the dangers of scientology and be prepared to protect children from those risks. We have plenty of first-hand accounts of children raised in scientology to demonstrate those dangers. We also have plenty of information on fair game and disconnection to persuade non-scilon administrators that encouraging kids to join scientology is doing their pupils a disservice.

We want the school to be divorced from the RTC and organized scientology. We want the school to have an adequate curriculum. We want the school to take steps to protect their students from the dangers of scientology. We don't have to shut the school down to win, and while the continue employment of scientologist teachers or use of study tech are necessary conditions for FAIL, neither is in itself a sufficient condition.
  24. Daywatch Member

how harblecakers get handled...news at 11:00
  25. Zer0Panda Member

WIN!!! Much win!!!
  26. ath Member

*nod*

Could the upstat please show us his press wins for the season?
  27. Daywatch Member

no

that would be egofagging

I do what I do and take no credit
  28. NonMoose Member

They essentially claim that they want to use the tech completely extracted from the concepts of Scientology. However, our concern is that it will bring credibility and "good PR" to a technique that Scientology "misuses."

Someone think of a good analogy plix plox.
  29. ataraxia1031 Member

Let's not give gregg another excuse to come in here and fap about harblecake.
  30. Anon_1HG Member

This. Study Tech is the problem.
  31. MarcabEmpress Member

I am really proud of our SoCal Anons. Thank you.

I do think it's funny (and shows how good WS's security is) that they set up an elaborate troll to try to find out about/meet/talk wiht Anonymous. Many Anons' fall into the Fresh Prince's fan demographic, and Anon is very visible in the media.

WELL DONE MASKED AND FACED ONES.

I like should bake you cookies or something
  32. AnonOrange_ Member

This is excellent work, but don't think for a minute that everything's fine at that school. There are 4 scientologists there teaching children. What are their qualifications ? Actually, what are the qualifications for all the teachers ?

You've got black SUV's monitoring the situation, etc. I recommend you go at the actual opening (Sep 8) with the same signs to warn the parent as they bring their children to school.
  33. vaxick Member

Most impressive. We can only hope now the school was actually being honest and not just doing this for attempting positive PR to get them out of the spotlight.
  34. Daywatch Member

hmmmmm
  35. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

Excellent work! Now be back there on the 8th and slap some anon entech on the parents who likely have NO IDEA their babies are going to be exposed to the CO$.
  36. Robert S Member

What did we win?

Excuse the fuck out of me but I want to know why everybody is OK with their making a "ruse" with the starting date and now Anonymous has been backed off. It is quite possible that I am a fucktard - in fact I'll bet 5 bucks yes; but is anyone going to be there on the real opening day now - to bring attention to the Scientology behind this place? Or are you guys just going to stay away now and wait for... what are you waiting for?

I don't see the win. What the hell's the matter with you?
  37. LordCeptimos Member

yeah id still rather go to zoolanders school for kids who cant really read good.
    a scilon schol is a scilon school. and you dont know if they did this just to shut you up and leave them be so they could go through as planned.

keep a close eye. you might have just been given the biggest smoke screen ever.
  38. Robert S Member

Did you take off your masks?
  39. Re: LA Meets With Will Smith Director of Security and School Faculty

my .02 -

If Anons aren't back there on the 8th, that little ruse/lie/tarp will be a win for the cult.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.