Customize

L. Ron books at the dollar store

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by Pyrorgasm, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Pyrorgasm Member

L. Ron books at the dollar store

At a dollar tree on the shelf next other fail books. I read a few pages of A very Strange Trip. The original price was $27.00 I felt like I was reading a crappy children's sci fi book. I placed a "you found the card" in each one. I think this is a good sign that sales of LRH books are down.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: L. Ron books at the dollar store

Yes, seeing a book in a dollar store means something about the sales of an author's books. Stupid.
  3. SomeRandGuy Member

Dollar stores have always been known for their high quality book selection. They put Barnes & Noble to shame.
  4. Anonymous Member

Being that the books at a dollar store were bought at closeout, which generally mean they couldn't sell ANYWHERE else... yeah i'd say it does say something about the sales of the authors books.
  5. eddieVroom Member

I think they sell them by the inch to dress up bookshelves, so you can impress your college friends.
  6. RightOn Member

that's quite a cuttative
    amidoinitrite?
  7. mongrel Member

Did I accidentally a meme? I vaguely remember asking about that word a few days ago but I was drunk, as usual.

EDIT: lol, that was just last night. Apparently I was drunk then too.
  8. Anonymous Member

Sometimes drunkenness gives one 'special' insight, lol.

No, not yet a meme. Post it as your FB status and tell all your friends..it will be a meme before long.

Good Luck!
  9. failboat Member

there's a stack of floyd landis' "Positively False" at my local dollar store.
  10. Anonymous Member

How about snapping them up so no-one can get them? And then demolishing them visibly at a protest?
  11. Lorelei Member

Correct. They are two steps up from rock bottom, the lower two steps being books with the covers ripped off (to prevent resale) that the publisher doesn't want to pay to have shipped back, and books you find in thrift stores for 5 cents (which, come to think, is where I have spotted a lot of LRH crap).
  12. RightOn Member

lol
  13. Anonymous Member

How about burning the books?
  14. Anon16559 Member

That might come across as an act of religious hate.
  15. Anonymous Member

Well, were it a religion I suppose it might do...
  16. Re: L. Ron books at the dollar store

$1.00 is quite a markup for that book, Amazon has them New at $0.49, and Used at $0.01

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1573181641/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new]Amazon.com: Used and New: A Very Strange Trip[/ame]
  17. Anonymous Member

Yeah let's have a book burning!

Moron.
  18. Bipolart Member

I'll have to check out the dollar stores around here. I want to lol.
  19. Anonymous Member

The important thing isn't that cult books are surfacing in a dollar store, where an unsuspecting member of the public might buy them. Don't worry about that... they're so baffling, badly written and moonbattish that nobody will just buy one, start reading it and turn into a clam.

The important thing is that LRH material is being sold at a price that substantially undercuts that of the orgs. If you can get that message across to the cultists, they'll feel obliged to buy them up (again) to protect their empire.

If you only earned $50 a week, having to go and buy additional copies of cult books, even at a buck each, would really piss you off.

Ideal subject matter for a postcard to your local org, if there are remaindered books on sale nearby, I'd have thought.
  20. JohnnyRUClear Member

^^^^^^ include pix for maximum impact.