Customize

Kyle Brennan vs Scientology: Oral arguments in Jacksonville September 14

Discussion in 'Kyle Brennan' started by Anonymous, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Parrishgolfer Member

I read the depositions of both Tom Brennan and the Miscavidge Twin...they're online somewhere around here...

Ninja'd
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Justice For Kyle Brennan recently posted a shorter, 1200 word version of the story for Catholics: A reflection on Kyle Brennan as a Catholic Young Martyr to Scientology's hatred of psychiatry. They are working on a more secular version for a wider audience.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. tigeratbay Member

Thank you very much. :cool: That was sufficiently dumb enough for me. You are smart and wrote it perfectly understandable.

(that was dumb of me, as I meant to be anonymous) :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. YouSeeNothing Member

Tom: I had the gun for many many years and never fired it. I had not realized I actually had it
    and then in the very next sentence he says,"[the gun]was in the nightstand next to the bed." WTF?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Darth Xander Member

There are many, many WTF? moments with Tom Brennan.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. YouSeeNothing Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. tigeratbay Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Born2Shop Member

This is so very well put Darth!

And Victoria is indeed one of the most loving, kind, decent beautiful persons I have ever met.

Thank you so much for being there for her and the cause of justice.

No matter what happens with this case, we can help give Victoria's words wings by helping her to be able to speak out.

Some very simple suggestions of how people can help are in this thread which should probably be in this situation room:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/kyle-brennan-anybodys-child.104832/

And I deeply appreciate every one who was there and everyone who is helping. Thank you!
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  9. tigeratbay Member

Ready, willing and able! Let's go... for Kyle :)
    • Like Like x 2
  10. YouSeeNothing Member

Was Kyle giving money to Tom for food or rent?
    I ask because if Kyle was "renting" his room, could Tom, as a landlord have a duty of care obligation? According to the quote below, he didn't even need to be a landlord to have the obligation. In this case, could the "unknown" gun that he actually knew about be considered a dangerous condition? The judge was clear in that he wanted to know if there was duty of care between father and son and according to the attorneys there was no obligation as father and son. I'm looking for other obligations.

Tom never warned Kyle about the danger of the gun in the apartment. In Yuen's depo, page 19, line 25, he said that "Tom never told Kyle about the gun." Considering that Tom took on the duty of getting his son off of Lexapro--as ordered by the church--via "encouragement," good food, vitamins and taking his pills and locking them in his trunk, he become's Kyle's caregiver and should have also made him aware of the dangers of Lexapro withdrawal too. He wasn't obligated to get Kyle off of Lexapro, but made the conscious decision to do so and then left him to die alone.

As I continue reading the depositions I'm sure I'll have many more out-of-the-box questions. I am apologizing in advance.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Anonymous Member

During a previous visit the firearm had been discussed between Kyle and his brother, the brother had searched and found no ammunition on the premise.

Kyle was aware of a firearm, his father had previously been fined by the IRS for tax issues. Kyle left notes describing him wanting to go to the FBI about his fathers' previous activity involving tax evasion/criminal acts during his last stay with him. The father became aware the Kyle had called the FBI during his fateful stay and somehow ammunition had miraculously appeared.

That a jury does not get a chance to hear this case in freakin unbelievable!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. muldrake Member

I have to speak up for Judge Merryday here. I do not agree with the decision he reached, but he has at all points in this litigation been entirely dedicated to ensuring the case received due process. He even issued an utterly extraordinary injunction against the bent Judge Beach, despite the fact that he faced reversal by the Eleventh Circuit.

This was a very close call and there was a dissent in the panel opinion reversing his decision, but it was a genuinely courageous call on his part.

Naturally, I do not agree with his ultimate decision, but I believe he reached it after a genuine analysis of all the available evidence the parties put before him. What we are looking at here is a difficult legal case, and the legal standard on a motion for summary judgment. If the Eleventh Circuit upholds the decision, I will have to accept that as a valid statement of what the law is.

It may be that the law should be otherwise, but when we go to court, we are entitled to have a court rule on what the law is, not what in a perfect world the law would be. Judges and appeals courts are limited to applying the law as it is, not as we wish it were.

I have seen nothing in this case that indicates Judge Merryday is anything other than a conscientious judge competently performing his job, who happens to have come to a decision with which I disagree. If the Eleventh Circuit panel also disagrees with him and sends the case back for trial, I have no doubt he will do an excellent job.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Anonymous Member

^ While I respect you, me personally I think Judge Merryday is an IDIOT!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. YouSeeNothing Member

Yeah, will be interesting to see those other ones. MoarXenu, please keep us up to date on their status.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

Further to this why is there no mention of the cleaning of Kyles computer before it was returned to his mother? Kyle being a prolific writer, I find that sad and curious in the extreme.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Anonymous Member

PIX ARE UP.

I know that this small amount of pixature won't be enough for you ingrates, but cameras weren't allowed in the courtroom so this is it.

The sign says it all.

jville1.png

The front of the courthouse. Eudae spent all of the court room time outside raiding and handing out fliers!

jville2.png

Another picture of the courthouse.

jville3.png

Our Group. Left to right: NoNameAnon; Victoria's husband Rick; MoarXenu; Luke Lirot; Anon612; Eudae; and YouSeeNothing. The "We Remember Kyle Brennan" sign went with Victoria, Rick, and Luke. The large picture of Kyle is now in Clearwater permanently! It's already been made into a large double-sized sign. I need to ask if it's alright to post who donated the sign.

jville7.png
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Darth Xander Member

Wow. Six actually looks somewhat presentable.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

^Is Victoria the lady holding the Kyle poster?
  19. Darth Xander Member

That would be AMA.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Eudae Member

I wish that was NoNameAnon's real mask.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

Victoria doesn't have her picture taken. We respected her wishes.
    • Like Like x 5
  22. Eudae Member

We offered to include Victoria in the picture but she declined. I can't guess as to her reasons, but after being part of a stressful court case and hearing Scilons try to get away with their crimes, I understand if she needs space.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. skeptic2girl Member

She looks lovely. <3
    And moar xenu, you should wear a suit more often! :)
    (I usually only get to see him post-motorcycle rides with his leather jacket and wacky helmet hair!)
    • Funny Funny x 4
  24. YouSeeNothing Member

He's kinda got that Thumb Thumb vibe:
    spy-kids-thumb-thumbs_480_poster.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 2
  25. Quentinanon Member

In that statement, Tom Brennan admitted to reckless endangerment.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. Anonymous Member

Almost done with the Bohling depo the entrance wound was a Contact Entrance wound, suspicious on it's face, that sounds like someone else shot Kyle.

Kyle's clothing were all packed as he was to return to his Mother on Monday another unusual activity for someone who was going to commit suicide.

The father stated the gun was kept in a zipper type green-bag which was not found on the scene.

Files on Kyle's computer were removed to a thumb drive reformatted and then placed back onto the computer, or were they?

The initial detective officer on scene did a horrid job processing the scene and interviewing the father.

Bohling did not get assigned to the case until 15hrs after the fact.

I had no idea the Clearwater PD was so inept, even the limited questioning that was done should have sent off red-flags.

The father stated Kyle had had a large meal earlier that evening however his stomach was empty on autopsy???????
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  27. Quentinanon Member

Tom Brennan locked Kyle's medication in the trunk of his car, but kept a loaded firearm in an accessible area unlocked.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. YouSeeNothing Member

Tom claimed it wasn't loaded, but they never found the ammunition he claimed to have kept separately.
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Albion Member

Just to repeat what MoarXenu said earlier, as some of you seem to
    have missed it. Most of the key papers in the case are already posted
    at AnonLover's Scribd account here:

http://www.scribd.com/collections/3472618/Scientology-Lawsuits-Kyle-Brennan

In addition, I posted the appeal court briefs from both sides, the ones on
    which I based my last post (Friday morning) at my Scribd account here:

http://www.scribd.com/jonnymcj

Jonny Jacobsen
    Infinite Complacency
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  30. Quentinanon Member

It wasn't loaded when? Definitely not just before the shooting. Where did the ammunition come from? How does Tom Brennan define "loaded"? No rounds in the chamber? No rounds in the magazine? These questions need to be asked and answered.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  31. YouSeeNothing Member

Tom claimed he didn't keep the gun loaded in the night stand. Yuen stated that he found the green bag empty and didn't recall if there was ammo in it.
  32. YouSeeNothing Member

On page 22 of the Yuen depo, he says he saw writing that looked like "Look Inside." Where was that writing located? On the piece of paper they found on Kyle that only said, "11 o'clock"?

Edit: Yuen Depo, page 37, "Look Inside" was written on Kyle's abdomen, under his shirt. Will need to keep reading before I form any thoughts on that.
  33. anonymous612 Member

I NEVER fail to dress properly for a courtroom. Unlike SOME PEOPLE who show up in ratty turkey-leg-stained tshirts when they need to testify.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  34. YouSeeNothing Member

Is it a glaring mistake that Brennan says that Kyle stopped taking his meds three days ago, when all along he'd been saying that Kyle wasn't taking his meds? To me, that insinuates that Kyle had been taking all along up until three days ago when Tom "took" his meds. He specifically states that he stopped taking them three days ago.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  35. Quentinanon Member

How does Tom Brennan define "loaded"? That was my question.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  36. Quentinanon Member

Yes. Kyle stopped taking his medication when Tom Brennan locked the medication in the trunk of his car.
  37. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

From the Bohling depo the father claimed the ammo was with the zippered Green Case, which by the way was never found at the scene.

Just an FYI about the bullet part, it took a while to read the depo
  39. Darth Xander Member

Is there any evidence that Kyle took his medication as prescribed up until that point? This is one of the questions the judge said the evidence did not answer.
  40. Anonymous Member

Part of officer Yuen depo first on scene Primary;
    Now, you said that Thomas Brennan told you that Kyle had stopped taking the medicine, quote, approximately three days ago, closed quote.

Also this officer had only been on the force for 2 years but even he found that the father calling his Chaplain first questionable. He also found it odd that Kyle's belongings were packed as if to leave.
    • Like Like x 4