Customize

Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2010.

1. DeathHamster Member

Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

The credit all belongs to Tom Cruise .. and he'd like to thank L. Ron Hubbard.

[IMG]
  2. Triumph Member

3. Random guy Member

I s'pose it's time for us Euranons to start 'pooning local media.
  4. sue Administrator

Dont read this article if you are uncomfortable with tom cruise being signed for MI 4.

Please do not read websites that list two Cruise movies in production and atleast a dozen in pre production.

I understand that for some of you, it would be uncomfortable not to quack along with the gossip blogs, that publish unfunded gossip not because it makes them money to sound the end of cruise's career at every box office release, but because they have such integrity and high journalistic standards. It is so transparent you would expect the blind to see right through it, but no. To you gullible deviants astroturfing on a movies marketing campaign must have higher meaning.

That being said go on jubilating (read: fooling) and congratulating yourselves, this is absolutely your work, congratulations anonymous ! You oh so clever cybernetic conscience. The only problem with the latter is that you are paranoid schizophrenic and have an IQ below room temperature.
  5. Anonymous Member

I tend to believe "unfunded" gossip over "funded "gossip. Here's an "O"
    BRB turning up the thermostat.
  6. Anon99 Member

Lulzy indeed. Ego is everything to Tom "when people need something in this town they call ME". Cruise. He doesn't really need money at this point but the thought of not remaining the world's biggest movie star must be devastating to poor Tommy.
  7. sue Administrator

Congratulations on finding a spelling mistake, shame your brilliance didn't put forth more of an argument against what i was saying.
  8. Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Do we have to spend valuable time talking about this person who supports a dangerous and insidious cult which is currently tearing families apart, creating wide-scale human abuses and creating really bad decor?

This human being who has got many into the said cult and therefore directly being pivotal in creating that abuse?

Who gives a shit about this failed actor and his failed movie.

I wouldn't even lose bandwidth downloading the torrent and would rather have that extra 1 and a half hours in my life doing something useful like pooning him into oblivion.

THIS IS WHY
    (see 2:38)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laEIpPjPWRg[/ame]

THIS IS NOT WHY
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0[/ame]
  9. Anonymous Member

How did you take what I said as being against what you said? I agree with you. I just fund it a little funny how missing an "O" could totally change the meaning of what you said. As to your dripping -with-sarcasm "brilliance" , I thought my BRB was self-deprecating against your statement that others..O nvm..it's a tc thread..who cares and lighten up.
  10. Joe Blitz Member

tl;dr-sounds to me like 'ol Curly likes argument for the sake of argument, in which case I would recommend a debating society rather than an activism forum.
  11. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Sue. Sue. Sue.... I thought you wiser than this. I am disappoint.

The whole point of this is, and I'll put it in bold for those who "are paranoid schizophrenic and have an IQ below room temperature" and are "uncomfortable not to quack along with the gossip blogs, that publish unfounded gossip":

A MOVIE CAN NO LONGER DEPEND ON TOM CRUISE'S STAR POWER TO BRING IN THE VIEWERS OR THE MONEY.

Is this the end of Tom Cruise's career? No. It is the end though of his "He is in it, it is a hit" days. Poll after poll after poll has been very unkind to Tom boy. People have seen him in his true self - a moonbat shit insane cult follower.

Is Anon responsible for this fail of Tom? Hard to say. Most of this fail can be attributed to Tom's own antics. In a nutshell, Tom is more damaging to Tom than Anon is. People are tired of him being a whore for himself and Scientology.

As for MI: 4, as I said - If there is some legal contract to it, then yeah he will be in it. Does it mean the movie will still happen? Hard to say. They can pull the plug on it, pay Tom and it will never see the light of day. Then again, it could go on, star Tom, and may or may not be successful. However, lets cross that bridge when we get to it and go burn it.

The TL;DR is that people see Tom Cruise as an arrogant asshole. Anon is helping expose Tom's ties to the Co$, but Tom is doing more harm to himself than good. Everybody who isn't "paranoid schizophrenic and have an IQ below room temperature" saw that Knight and Day was nothing but Tom going "Look at me! I'm more than just a delusional cult follower who is arrogant and narcisitic! I can be funny too! See?" *whacks himself in the head with a brick* "Ohhh.. that hurt... I mean, LOL See? I funny....don't feel so good...."

...I am ready for my rape and spanking nao
  12. sue Administrator

Not sure why i am even discussing this with you.

• It has been the worst Memorial Day weekend audience turnout since 1993.
    • Countries where Toy story 3 wasn't released yet have Knight and Day as #1 (for three weeks now).
    • Domestic and foreign revenue are on par, bringing the total to little under production costs.
    • Quickly looking at other movies with cruise in them, many didn't break even purely on box office sales, they were however still making a profit counting rentals and dvd / vhs sales.

You really should work for paramount pictures since the advisors / execs / whoever is involved in financing new movies obviously are making a mistake, pissing away money on a according to you "has been" star.

That being said i give up, it's a loss but you'll probably take it for winning something.
  13. exOT8Michael Member

OMG maybe sue = Suri?
  14. Random guy Member

Not feeling happy today Sue?

The article stated nothing surprising, merely that cash is king, and that Cruise may not automatically bring the bacon any more. Is it his unbashful promotion of the cult that is to blame? His antics? His age? His callous treatment of Kidman and Shields? Who knows? Does it have an effect that people are constantly reminded of these things? It is well withing the realm of the possible. Remember, shadenfreĆ¼de is a valid form of lulz.
  15. Anonymous Member

If that were true considering Suri's age and the complexity of the response (let alone the fact that most children her age can barely read, if at all) that would frighteningly denote that scientology actually works and helps Suri!
  16. Anonymous Member

Sue is owning you guys six ways from sunday here. Don't you see how ridiculous you all sound? The fact that you all care so much about seeing Tom Cruise not being the biggest movie star on earth is just hilarious. All I or other people have to do is point out that Tom Cruise is doing just fine and you all freak out. It's amazing.

I also love the fact that you've all convinced yourselves that Tom Cruise's career is a barometer of how well Scientology as a whole is doing. Everyone just repeats the mantra that people refuse to see Tom Cruises movies because they think scientology is evil and or crazy. Never mind the fact that you have no evidence of it other than celebrity gossip rags and blogs speculating that people probably think tom cruise is a little nutty because scientology is weird. Never mind the fact that many other reasonable, supported explanations for some poor preformances have been put forward.

But hey, keep fuckin that chicken. Keep convincing yourselves that Tom Cruise's life is over all because he believes in space cooties.
  17. Anonymous Member

thanks for providing a rational ending your argument with a reference to bestiality.. really bring home the point your argument is valid.
  18. Anonymous Member

19. Anonymous Member

It's not rational to insist that reality fit one's world view. Sue and the anonymous poster are correct to point this out. Schadenfreude may be a (low) form of lulz, but it has not much to do with reality. Yes, it would be satisfying if being a Scientologist accounted for Cruise's problems and ended his career. Crime would not pay! But realistically, is anything ever THAT simple? (No.)
  20. JohnnyRUClear Member

This thread is now about chickenfuckers.

21. Anonymous Member

Somehow, I don't believe even Tom Cruise is "just fine" with the current state of affairs.
    I'm thinking he would like his situation to be quite different.
  22. DeathHamster Member

YaSo? Speculation, gossip or leaks, who can say?

BTW, dox on the "two Cruise movies in production and atleast a dozen in pre production". Unless he's signed, those are just speculation and gossip too.
  23. Anonymous Member

Total Lifetime Grosses:
    Domestic: $64,707,411 62.6%
    + Foreign: $38,613,109 37.4%

Does anyone think K&D will gross 160 million more after it releases in Germany, France and the UK?
    I don't.
  24. exOT8Michael Member

This thread has an odor of Tom Cruise PR Troller dollars...
  25. Anonymous Member

I love how you skipped the part where the article says he's been signed and the paramount exec says they're excited to work with him.

The executives from fox in that article seem to be confident that it will.

Yes Michael, in between running these forums and babysitting the special needs community here, sue takes money to troll WWP on behalf of tom cruise.
  26. Anonymous Member

I wonder if they are the same executives that green lit a budget of of 117 million thinking this move would be a winner domestically?
    Time will tell.
  27. DeathHamster Member

Sure, but that doesn't mean that they can't sign up someone else as co-star as insurance and transition a change-over for future movies. (Or get back to the original series concept of the Mission Impossible TEAM.)

And what's a Paramount exec going to say? "We're dumping hundreds of millions into this and we have no fucking idea if Cruise isn't going to Mel Gibson on us. We're so frantically excited we're popping tranks hourly." I don't think so.
  28. deirdre Member

Somewhere on BoxOfficeMojo -- I think -- there was a note that the production company received about 55% of the domestic box office take. One would assume that was lower for overseas.

Given that DVD sales are down industry-wide, I don't know if they're using newer metrics, but it seems unlikely this film will be considered a financial success. Ideally, they'd like to see the opening weekend meet or exceed the film's budget.

Personally, I'd love to see someone younger in the MI role.
  29. Anonymous Member

Even when they buy out a contract or fire someone and they get marched off the lot by security, the press release almost invariably says, "We enjoyed working with Bob XXXX. He brought so much to the studio. He has decided to pursue other opportunities in the entertainment and media space."
  30. Anonymous Member

Still, he's been signed to do the movie and they're saying they're excited to work with him. Funny that you ignored that.
  31. Anonymous Member

I had a hueg post responding to some of the comments in this thread. Lost my connection, had to log back in and lost it somehow. RAEG!

So rather than rework it, it really was way too long anyway, I'm going to repost my post from earlier, add some comments and move along.

Studio: Tom Cruise a lock for 'M:I-4'

Yes, Cruise has been signed for MI 4 as noted by the post above. However, if you actually read that story you'll find these relevant items despite the name the link was given:

There's more there and plenty of counterpoint included.

My comments are these:

1) (repeating from earlier) it's fucking lulzy to see Scientology's golden boy fall on his ass
    -- first, because it's fucking Scientology and we're here to put an end to their shit
    -- second, because Tom Cruise may represent the single highest concentration of unwarranted self-importance on the planet

2) His career is by no means over, he will make many more films. I didn't read teh whole thread but I don't see anyone saying he won't make more movies. Of course he will, but what kind of movies, in what roles and for what pay will never be the same. Thus, his value to Scientology is diminishing. This is something that I like. A lot.

3) Celebrating his failure (or perceived failure) doesn't mean anons are taking credit for it. I haven't read the whole thread, so if anons are taking credit, they shouldn't. Being happy that the situation is bad for him is fine with me.

4) Scientology places such value on its "stars" that it makes me laugh my fucking ass off when one of them fails. I place importance on the movie star stuff because Scientology is so earnest about it and gets value from it. It's also a good and easy way to garner negative press on the cult.

5) Perception is reality, especially in Hollywood. The article cited is of course only the opinion of the writer but it is an opinion that is being regurgitated and restated not only among the "gossip blogs" but in mainstream media also. If you make me go get links to demonstrate this, I will happily do so.

6) Saying scientology is the only reason for his downfall is not accurate, but ignoring the role his weird behavior (plenty of it scientolgy related) has played in his star dimming is either ignorance or convenience for purposes of trolling. It's not one thing that is responsible, it is many things, including his whacked out support of Scientology.

This also turned out to be tl;dr. The first post was even longer.

Not sure why this thread has turned into such a cunt-fight.
  32. DeathHamster Member

You say that like it was important. Silly person.
  33. Anonymous Member

Well the only certain thing I get from this thread is WWP does care for Tom Cruise, whatever the reason. Maybe we should just sit and watch? It does looks like we will have better data in a couple weeks to get a better reading of the performance of this movie...
  34. Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Good to see admins/mods impartial.

Fuck resting. Fuck using data in a sentence to explain the english word information. Fuck Tom Cruise.

That 60 million probably recoups their advertising/PR campaign. The 100 or so million in production budget is probably still in the red.

Lets bury this mother fucker.
  35. Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

There's still DVD revenue, TV distribution deal, streaming deals. Many many things left to make money yet to come in.
  36. Anonymous Member

The IMF is not amused by Tom Cruise's shenanigans.

mission-impossible-66-tv-02-g.jpg

This post will self-destruct in five seconds.
  37. kitfisto Member

Herp derp he still made 11 million dollars , how much do you make ???

The point is the decline not the payday you stupid shits . Yeah great I wasn't born with the genes to be adorable and photogenic . THAT is all Tom is , he's a shit actor .
    Am I supposed to feel like a loser because Tom got some lucky breaks and is wealthy because people are so fucking misguided they worship celebrities ? Fuck no .
    As someone posted earlier , he HAS tied himself so closely to Scientology that his failures (Almost %50 pay cut is a failure I don't care that it's still 11 million) are Scientology failures .
    I don't care to see him in the poor house , and it doesn't need to be pointed out that he doesn't NEED anymore money to live in the lap of luxury for the rest of his life without earning another cent . We know that , and that's not the point .
    Again , the point is that he IS trying and failing . He loses credability , his influence on the public , other performers , and politicians suffers as well .
  38. Anonymous Member

Yes. yes. Obviously, we have erroneous or incomplete data.
    (Sorry to have to say it but you've either been on WWP too long or you're a scilon)
    A couple of weeks is needed to determine if it is a complete and utter failure or can if it somehow redeem itself to a debatable success by hitting a grand slam in the few remaing overseas markets where it hasn't yet hit the screen.

Being able to keep it's head above water and swimming to the moon are two very different things.
    In any case, it is already recognized as a failure by studio standards of success.

... and yes, many do care for Tom Cruise. Personally, I only care about Cruise as much as I do for every person trying to do something to help humanity but who unfortunately got sucked into a criminal cult and ends up hurting humanity, instead.
    I've heard Tom Cruise has a good heart. It is sad to see him become so self important and use his celebrity to recruit others into a criminal cult, a cult where abortions are coerced, criminal behaviour is endorsed by scripture and ordinary people are promised the riches and power gods but given a life of poverty, lonliness and misery instead.
  39. Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Just sign your billion year contract to destroy Tom Cruise. This movie cannot reach target 2 before they invent time continuum space travel on earth otherwise Lord Xenu take away your meds and throw you into a volcano.
  40. Anonymous Member

Still missing the point that he's still getting paid a shit ton of money and he's still getting signed on with lead roles in big projects.