Customize

Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

You are correct Sue. Wikipedia did not say it was bad. I said that in my feeble attempt at sarcasm.

However this is what they said (for those too lazy to go find it on their own):

Then if you cruise* over to the Reception section you get a wall o' text that I won't waste everybody's time putting up here. The TL;DR is that most critics thought the movie was bad.

Now, I generally do not listen to critics or movie experts when I decide to go watch a movie. I didn't watch Brokeback Mountain even though experts were saying it was great. Reason I didn't is because I am not going to sit through a movie about two gay cowboys eating pudding. Likewise, I went and seen Transformers 2 despite the fact movie critics called it crap. I thought the movie was good, not great.

But that is me. I would be stupid to assume to speak for everyone.

The point is: Most critics are saying this is disappointing. Wikipedia basically showed in its listing what the critics are saying & in the process left the neutral viewer to gather that the movie was bad. Will that stop a Cruise fan from seeing it? No. Will it kill the movie? No. Will this movie kill Tom Cruise's carrer? Probably not, but it will make movie makers to reconsider using him as a boost to their movies.

Still it is funny to see that Wikipedia is showing this and its negative reviews all in one spot.

*Yes I know: LOL Cruise... The pun was not intended. Old pun is old.
  2. sue Administrator

I guess we then disagree over the possibility of the press making up negative stories. Keep in mind that this is one of those untouched Associated Press fillers, and that the article is so dense in keywords that it reads like nothing more than a way to get some organic traffic from google news.

But that is my take on it.
  3. Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

That's the expert credited in the article.
  4. Anonymous Member

5. parvent Member

It would appear that Tom Cruise, and indirectly Scientology, will not make ANY money on this film:

Knight and Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who are the fools at New Regency and Dune Entertainment? They will most probably lose $80 million.
  6. Anonymous Member

Weekend Box Office estimates are in. It is already pulled from 476 theatres and has fallen to number seven. Total gross isn't even half the production budget yet.
    7 5 Knight & Day Fox $7,850,000 -24.8% 2,628 -476 $2,987 $61,939,000 $117 3

It looks like it's on track to make a profit at the same time Scientology succeeds in clearing any contininent, state, region, county or neighborhood.
  7. Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

He won't make any beyond the $11 million he's been paid, you mean.
  8. Anonymous Member

Cool pissing contest going on ITT, bros.

Lol, that's sum WIN for the world's greatest actor.
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

A Bialystock and Bloom production.
  11. Random guy Member

Actually, it isn't us destroying Cruises career, he's managing that all by hes own. The reason why his dwindling career is relevant (and yes, even wanted from our POW) is the way Cruise has tied himself so very much to the mast of the cult ship, to the degree that Cruises success is the cults success, and his failure is the cults failure. By being in the top echelons of the cult, he has made himself a target in line with Tommy Davis.

Going after the cults celebrity arm means going after Cruise. Leaving him alone and try to tie the cult to e.g. Jenna Elfman would not be productive. Yes, our pooning and negative comments are probably contributing to the decline of his career, but the problems of his career are fundamentally of his own making. He put his career on the line for scientology, and now he is paying the price.
  12. Anonymous Member

To be fair, it's not just Cruise who is taking home much less up front and no longer considered for back-end participation (ie percentage of the gross).
    More on falling pay for movie stars - LA Observed
    However, the poor performance of Knight and Day is likely to have a chilling effect on financing for future Cruise films. I have heard the green light for MI IV is definitely flickering.
    (Sorry not to link the original WSJ article but the WSJ is a pay site now.)
  13. Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Also, the man is incredibly wealthy as it is, and destroying his career certainly does not mean putting him or his family out on the street. The destruction of Cruise's career does mean the end of a major source of funding for Scientology.
  14. Anonymous Member

Don't forget Chip's partner in film fop foolery, Steven Mnuchin

HeatherStevenMnuchin_031406.jpg

Is that Cameron Diaz he is with?

And remember to roll of New Regency's Arnon Milchan:

[IMG]
    (Wants to fob-off
    Cruise movie as a hit.)

Arnon Milchan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But this is most likely the real reason Cruise got his $11 million, and flop move Knight and Day, his good buddy and fellow Scientologist, James Packer.

erica_baxter_james_packer_tom_cruise.jpg

Now all we need to know is how much did Scientology invest in Dune Capital Partners II LP, the managing member of Dune Entertainment III LLC. ?

Fox Filmed Entertainment Extends Relationship with Dune Entertainment for Multi-Year Film Financing Deal. | Banking & Finance > Banking & Finance Overview from AllBusiness.com
  15. DeathHamster Member

Didn't James Packer back off from Scientology a few years ago? (While still staying somewhat friends with Cruise?)

Former model Jodhi Meares turns to Scientology
  16. Anonymous Member

Cruise would only wish it was done by them! Then it would have been a blockbuster!

Though poor Tom did do his best 'Lorenzo St. DuBois' impression in "Valkyrie"!!

producers305.jpeg

Speaking of that I think John Travolta is certainly ready to play 'Roger De Bris'.

director_dress.jpg
  17. Anonymous Member

YouTube - Sprintime for Htler

To those investors: "Don't be a dumby, be a smarty, come and join the Nazi Party."

These movie moguls have lost their way. Maybe they never knew anything anyway?
  18. Anonymous Member

Hey, when was the last time you got paid $11 million to do a job? Just sayin bro.

Also, sue- I want your babies in me, seriously.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
  19. Anonymous Member

Well, I have to admit it's been awhile-and that's the most I ever made for a job, but, then again, I'm not the one with the ot powarz.
  20. exOT8Michael Member

Can you say RED INK?
    Tom Cruise FAIL.

Publicity budget was huge in addition to production budget.

screenshot20100713at854.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  21. Anonymous Member

Tom crusie made at least $11 million dollars. Doesn't really seem like fail to me. You people are so laughably pathetic some times.
  22. exOT8Michael Member

Do the math.
    Tom Cruise "makes" (grabs) $11 million.
    Studio loses around $60-100 million, possibly, depending on foreign receipts plus DVD sales.
    Studio execs evaluate for next movies.
    Tom Cruise star-money making power<0
  23. Triumph Member

I imagine Cameron Diaz knocks down a pretty big pay check as well...

Tom Cruise thanks his Indian fans!
    Fixed:
    Toms Hired Lackeys thanked his Indian fans sending their birthday wishes via facebook and twitter

http://www.sawfnews.com/Bollywood/64511.aspx

Hey Thank You Tom!Go Tribe!
    [IMG]
  24. Anonymous Member

YOU do the math.
    He marked himself down ffs

that's gotta hurt the old ego
  25. DeathHamster Member

If it doesn't pick up overseas, then his last best hope of career recovery with the leading role in Mission Impossible IV is at risk.
  26. Anonymous Member

$11 million upfront and plenty of projects on the way (check imdb). Seems to be doing just fine.
  27. Anonymous Member

Tom Sends his eternal thanks gratitude just for you
    podd198u80vzby.jpg?imageId=19224197.jpg
  28. Anonymous Member

Ok. Thanks for your input. Here's my take, since you inserted yours:

1) it's fucking lulzy to see Scientology's golden boy fall on his ass
    -- first, because it's fucking Scientology and we're here to put an end to their shit
    -- second, because Tom Cruise may represent the single highest concentration of unwarranted self-importance on the planet

2) this movie was supposed to be his opportunity to make a comeback to the action genre and pave the way for Mission Impossible IV. The fact that Knight and Day has underperformed so spectacularly has:
    -- put the greenlight for MI:IV on the backburner, meaning we all might be spared that particular piece of shit
    -- put and end to the days of TC being able to command the 20 million payday and a front end percentage of revenues. Forever.
    -- these things are also full of lulz because of both the unwarranted self-importance and watching his power in Hollywood go "poof".

3) He made $11 million for this movie and surely has millions more to his name. That's not the point. Eleven million more or less to him matters little in comparison to his overall wealth.

Tom's value to the cult is his positive image and popularity. That he is now literally considered a Scientology punchline by many of the media (see links in this thread) and paying public diminishes his ability to serve Scientology effectively. Once the biggest movie star on the planet, Cruise now sees his power and popularity fading away quickly.

He still has pr value, but it now comes with the potential for severe backlash. Is it worth it to pay him millions to put him in a movie when the movie going public continues to reject him?

Also, schadenfreude.

Also, be less of a faggot.
  29. exOT8Michael Member

Well said, all of it.
  30. Triumph Member

Tom's Career is in the toilet

cat%20in%20toilet.jpg
  31. Anonymous Member

Wow, you people.... really?

Are you going to say next that it happened because of us?
  32. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

First - Oh Hai Herro!

Second - To Tom Cruise, $11 Million is nothing. He was going to get that no matter what happens in the box office. He was hoping once the movie went past the production costs, he'd get a take in the profit. However, as it is now he won't see anything past the $11 Million.

Now take into account all the shit Tom does. All the shit he wears. All the shit he has to do to keep Katie [STRIKE]in his control[/STRIKE] happy. All the things to [STRIKE]spoil[/STRIKE] treat Suri. Last, but certainly not least, keeping Slappy Miscavage and the Co$ happy and keep his gold plated e-meter & Super Secret Club plaque. All that adds up to serious cash rather fast. That $11 Million would be gone in no time.

Finally with this film taking a bath colder than liquid nitrogen, his prospects (while great) are in serious trouble. Yeah, he has a bunch on the way according to X website... However keep in mind this simple fact of business as well as Hollyweird:

It don't mean shit till it is signed on the dotted line.

If these movie prospects that are listed are not in any kind of legal binding condition, then the movie studios can tell Tom to GTFO. Even MI 4 could be done without Tom in it as long as there is nothing legally binding him to star in the movie.

Also, movies have been discussed and never shot as well. So it is quite possible, although unlikely, that all those movies listed could evaporate in his hands. Movies have a way of being rumored to happen, but then never see the light of day till years later.
  33. Anonymous Member

What do you mean by "wow, you people...really?". Specifically, what is your objection.

Also, no one (at least not me) is taking any credit. Just enjoying the freakshow in progress.
  34. Anonymous Member

Lol tom cruise makes $11 million and you people say fail.
  35. Anonymous Member

If the movie's performance makes him unable to make more movies, and makes him not earn any million in the close future yeah, I'd say big fail.

It's like you steal 100 hundred dollars from your rich uncle, who was considering paying your university fees. You got 100, lost some thousands. Yeap, that's fail.

Is this analogy valid for this particular movie? We'll know soon enough!
  36. Anonymous Member

^^^ We know he earned 11 million. The question is how much he lost...

Also samefag
  37. Triumph Member

"The Publicity Agency" handles crisis management public relations for noteworthy clients, including former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich. as well as Tom Cruise

when you have to go out of your way to hire Spin Doctors to change the public perception
    to resuscitate your career theres hello.... wake up theres an "elephant in the room"

Toms Career and public perception took a nosedive years ago..a serious crash in public opinion
    you only nave to walk out your door and ask someone "Hey what do you think about Tom Cruise"... your going to get a general consensus that hes not well liked ...and thats due to any number of reasons. and every opinion you come across Good or Bad is generally valid.
    those opinions are subjective..based on the individuals perception.

Now if you walk into a Scientology org and ask the same question "Well Tom is Terrific..wonderful...amazing..etc..the thing is you won't come across many " that would dare make the conscious choice to utter a single disparaging word about the man...
    an ex-Scientologist can tell you why that is.

Mel Gibson is another celebrity who soiled his reputation..and the general public ...in mass now rightfully Views Mel as a vile racist douchebag
    and its not a stretch to come to that conclusion. after all "he pulled it in"

his agency William Morris cut the umbilical cord on Mel...now hes in the position to spend his hard earned cash ..on finding a Spin Doctors...who will try an alter his public perception..
    Not that he will win sympathy from many...

you can Make the Argument that Mel Gibson makes buttloads of money..so his career is not over. its a fair bet it is.

Toms biggest problem is his success or failure is attached to Scientology and its public perception..

Scientology pays millions of dollars to Public Relation firms...instead of addressing their lies and transgression criminality,their abusive nature and their utter disregard for human rights.

fortunately the rest of the world doesn't live in a Scientology bubble

there is no fix any Spin Doctor can do to alter Scientology's public perception

50 years of intimidation,running black ops.Snow White etc..and fair game..abusive policies and questionable ethics that will continue irregardless of what they do

add to that thousands of Ex-Members all well meaning human beings,all speaking out..thier stories based on their individual perception and it their right to do so.
    of coarse Scientology labels them all Liars en-mass.

Scientology will never address these things truthfully or logically. Hubbard made sure of that.

Toms Career is very much "tied at the hip" of Scientology

as Scientology continues its dwindling spiral-so goes Tom Cruises Career

Tom hold the key to his salvation in the eyes of the public

the only path is to distance himself and especially his family from the Cult.

its not about destiny or spiritual salvation. and it sure isn't about superiority.

its common sense..seeing right and wrong..

Scientology dosen't allow that

"Money doesn't make the man"..

Character,integrity,being forthright,honesty,taking personal responsibility, hold more weight than the Size of Tom Cruises bank account..
  38. JohnnyRUClear Member

Well put. Herrofag(s?) needs to lrn2pyrrhic victory.
  39. Anonymous Member

Knight and Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

40. Schizomuch Member

oh