Customize

Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2010.

1. BigBeard Member

Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Meah! So I made a typo. I fixed it, so you can unknot your panties now.

And I was passing along the views of a specific group of people regarding TC, which did not include all the things you list. They just mentioned the couch jumping, considered silly, and the attack on Brooke Shields, considered unforgivable.

The rest of the things on your list are your views, which I don't disagree with, but not the ones the SCUBA ladies talked about.

BigBeard
  2. DeathHamster Member

Nah, don't be silly!

They'll send goons to drop off DA leaflets to all these fans' neighbors. "Your neighbor is not what he/she appears to be..."

Five years ago today:
    • War of Words July 1, 2005, Brooke Shields, Op-Ed, New York Times
  3. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

First - LOL dude, I was just givin' ya shit since my name is the drug's name.

Second - While what you said was nothing to disagree with and I did agree with ya, the general consensus beyond the views of the SCUBA ladies generally fall into those categories. Granted, those categories are not set in stone and I apologize if I made it sound like they were. My understanding was the Brooke Shields attack stemmed from the interview he gave to Matt Lauer in which he said he knew the history of Psychology.

IMO people are ticked at him over the attack on Brooke Shields that lead to his claiming to Matt Lauer he knew the history of Psychology. In that it was a double whammy. Some (like the SCUBA ladies) found his attack on Shields insensitive and uncalled for. Others, such as myself, find his attack on psychology uncredited and uncalled for. Him "claiming" to know more about the history of psychology is based on him parroting his "religious" beliefs and shadowed by the fact he was (and may still be) dyslectic until he ran into Scientology.

The point we can both agree on is that due to Tom's arrogance and ignorance along with his devotion to Scientology, he is not a person people should waste time watching or listening too.
  4. Anonymous Member

Lmao at all of you thinking that Tom Cruises' career is in trouble and that he doesn't have more than enough money to live an extravagant lifestyle without ever making another movie.
  5. Anonymous Member

It's not like there are any reports in the press or anything. I just don't know where these people come up with the idea that box office results have anything to do with the studios future financing of Tom's movies. All of them are soooo dumb, not smart liek you.
    I don't recall anyone saying this. Ling, plox.
  6. exOT8Michael Member

Just saw a feature on NBC about TC's reputation getting worse.
    Just got time to grab my flipcam and see if I could at least get a shaky version instead of zero clips. NBC is saying people don't want to see him as much any more, apparently.

[ame=http://vimeo.com/13067427]Trying my flipcam on Vimeo[/ame]
  7. Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Are you saying that tom cruise's career is too big to fail and that someone as rich as him could never lose everything?
  8. Anonymous Member

Lebronmad-1.jpg
  9. Anonymous Member

Oooh, revs down to 10 mill, a 48 % drop!

"Knight and Day" fails to position number 5 in only the second week.

Happy Fifth of July, Tom!
  10. Anonymous Member

lmao

rip cruise's career
  11. Anonymous Member

Is it bad of me to have happy-happy thoughts when I read this thread?
  12. Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

I've seen the posts mentioning that the Ducati pictured is not actually a Ducati but an Aprilia. Is that even legal? Surely one, or the other, of the manufacturers would be complaining?

Could you post a Ford in a film and pretend it was a Chevy/BMW/<insert brand here> without there being a huge fuss about it?

One last thing to do with the poster. While in the US, Cruise has lost so much pulling power that only his silhouette (or that of a man running with a handbag) is used, I saw the poster for the film here in Budapest. Titled "Kejjel Nappal," the poster here is a full colour shot of Diaz + Cruise on the bike. The Scientology thing hasn't destroyed his image half as much here (or probably in any country east of here - Romania, Ukraine, Russia, etc) so having his picture on the poster isn't considered a liability.

I'll take a snap tomorrow and post it. The film opens here July 15.
  13. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

As of when I wrote this:

Way to go faggots!
  14. Anonymous Member

OMG EPIK WINZ!!!!!! WE SO PHUNNY!!!!!!!!!! HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  15. Joe Blitz Member

'twas not so long ago...

This Weekend in Box Office History: Comparisons for July 2-4, 2010 - Box Office Mojo

16. Anonymous Member

Blank-Oolong-ToiletPaper.jpg
  17. Anonymous Member

Tom Cruise made our Summer Must List! | EW.com

Scilons posting lurv for Tom at Entertainment Weekly! There are some really blatant ones on page 3, complaining about the "psychs". lol What cracks me up is they are reduced to defending their defaced post-cool movie actor, instead of the cult. lolololol
  18. Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

You dont think its possible that this brainwashed hack may give all his money to the cult?
  19. Anonymous Member

Lol @ FAILjournalist performing simultaneous anallingus and blumpkin on the Cruisester.
  20. Anonymous Member

I thought we weren't supposed to show pics of fearless leader in his official regalia?!
  21. Anonymous Member

At the rate this film is dropping, does anyone have an idea what the total might look like? With a production budget of $117 million, and an unknown number of millions spent on PR, $49 million so far doesn't look promising for the studio.
  22. Anonymous Member

With numbers this bad, the exhibitors will want it out as soon as they can, so look for the total screen count to start dropping hundreds next week.
    Don't forget, the studio only gets a percentage of the box office, not the whole amount. The BO receipts are split with the exhibitors. The studio gets a bigger cut in the first weeks of release, after that the theatres start getting a bigger cut.
    Consequently, theatre chains want films that have "legs" (aka staying power).
    I don't think Knight and Day will break 70 million domestic at it's current rate of decline.
    Fox took a bath on this one.
    I'd also expect to see the exhibitors becoming much less inclined to bid high to obtain another Cruise film.
  23. BigBeard Member

LMAO! Can't remember if it was Inside Edition or Entertainment Tonight, but one of the film critic ladies being interviewed said, "Cruise is so last generation. The current generation doesn't want to watch actors playing themselves anymore."

BigBeard
  24. Anonymous Member

I love Twilight right now for kicking knight and days ass so hard!

Twilight Saga: Eclipse Weekend total: $69,000,000 - screens: 4,468 - $15,443 total made so far: $161,000,000 budget: $68 1 week

TEAM EDWARD
  25. Anonymous Member

scis don't get it
  26. JohnnyRUClear Member

That's impressive even on beans and rice.
  27. RightOn Member

"If you haven't seen the newest Tom Cruise movie yet, what are you waiting for?
    This movie has got everything: Humor, Unbelievable stunts (done by Tom himself), violence, romance, thrilling car race scenes, and much more! This is definitely a winner."

who says they like a movie because it has violence it? lol!!!!
    huh Wendy?
    Wendy Ghiora is an OTVIII!!
  28. JohnnyRUClear Member

Yeah, no movie previews ever suggest there will be violence.
  29. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

As if that would attract people if they did. Don't get me wrong, I love Saw, Nightmare on Elm Street and what not. However, having Tom Cruise and "violence" in the same description of a movie... Well insert some kind of meme or saying here, but to me it is just moar desperate crap from Tom Cruise.
  30. Anonymous Member

This movie is a dessert topping AND a floor wax, eh Wendy?
    Also, stunts that aren't believable isn't usually a selling point for movies...
    and uh, I think you prolly meant "car chases" not "car races", it was the only hackneyed movie success formula ingredient you left out.
    Maybe they should have used the words "hot" or "fever" in the title?
  31. anonakatie Member

32. RightOn Member

33. Anonymous Member

Wendy has a blog..
    teachingforachange.org
    may want to proxy up

her FB page is Wendy Pearl Ghoira
  34. TinyDancer Member

This article actually gives quite a bit of background:

is it cruise control or has tom lost the plot? - News & Gossip, Entertainment - Independent.ie
  35. Anonymous Member

vampires and werewolves beat scilons !!
  36. sue Administrator

Thought i would check out the movie to find out what all this fuss was about, must say i wasn't surprised of the performance, it was as i expected amusing for me to watch.

that is your opinion, lets leave it at that.

Cameron Diaz role was to my liking too much of the stereo typical dumb blonde, blame the script writer more than her for that.
    And you clearly are an expert, so please point out where he was wrong in his assertion. Inquiring minds would like to know.
    I am really not seeing the necessity for going after someones career, care to explain ?
    Just because you'd like it to be true for people not to go to a movie, purely based on what an actor believes doesn't make it truth. I hate to bring it to you, you are doing fuck all, except sounding like a persecutor. So keep going you PR genii!
    Maybe because not everyone has it that broad that they can afford to go to several movies in a row. Toy story has had an high attendance, and if faced with the choice of this movie or twilight the majority will shell out for twilight tickets no doubt.
    Wikipedia didn't say it is bad, it said it is less good than his other Box Office openings.
    Do you really believe you have a point ? Ever heard about movie props ? Wait, no tell me you believe every little thing in a movie is real.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K9AxO5t4BE[/ame]
  37. the_cloak Member

You must be new here. He's a scientologist. Put 2 and 2 together.
  38. Anonymous Member

There are nearly as many PR and Image Repair experts in LA as there are plastic surgeons. They are often part of very large coporate entities with media and advertising arms (Ogilvy/Mather, et al). Yes, they are experts and would qualify as such in a court of law. These PR people are joined at the hip with media journalists.
    It is very likely the article author is connected with many of them.
    After deriding the article for no experts and/or factcheckers, the anon comment outlined a far less likely scenario involving headphones and twinkies.
    Essentially, he slagged the article for speculating and then proceeded to speculate.
    I hope that helps satisfy your Inquiring Mind, Sue.
  39. sue Administrator

That scenario was just as probable as the one you claim to be very likely, was there any need to be that assertive to begin with ?
  40. Anonymous Member

Actually, I didn't claim the scenario was likely, only that the writer was likely connected to several PR people.
    Do you really think it is more likely that a writer for EW makes up negative stories over a twinkie than that he is connected to Hollywood PR people and writes about what they tell him?
    Sorry, Sue. I think the latter to be the case and can't really envision a writer staying employed or unsued if he did the former.

Too assertive? Really?