Customize

Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Random guy Member

re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

That struck me too. Rotten Tomatoes is usually not a kind place for bad films and bad actors. The level of sympathy for Mr. Cruise is uncharacteristic.
  2. anonsoldier Member

Because there's two of these threads, I have to say this again.

Who the fuck cares if he's good in it? Our message is that people did not go because of his Scientology connection. Short of a giant poll of the American public (and other countries where it is playing) asking "why did you not see Knight & Day?", no one will know for sure the reason why.

We're doing the PR thing, we're putting our spin on the situation, and the message, generally speaking, needs to be: "Tom Cruise's connection to the criminal cult of Scientology is destroying his career, because no one cares if you're a great actor if you're also a lunatic who's best friends with an abusive midget dictator."
  3. AIN Member

the reason is fails is simple
    1. Came out around the time of Toy story 3 and an Adam Sandler movie
    2. It has tom cruise in it
    3. Previews make it seem like yet another action flick, no real draw when given a choice between toy story 3 (nostalgia) or Grown ups (Comedy)
  4. Anonymous Member

if the movie is good, why did it fail so spectacularly at the box office?

back the dome with you
  5. Triumph Member

Daily Beast
    Tom Cruise's Failed Comeback
    by Gina Piccalo

Tom Cruise
  6. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

LOL Even Wikipedia says its bad!

Now if that don't tell you something...
  7. Goosh Goosh Member

tom cruise may actually get an award for the first time in a while that doesn't come from his cult!

razzie_awards_trophy.jpg
  8. webkilla Member

haha nice
  9. Krytenanon Member

I wonder if this will top that other piece of crap "Battlefield Earth."
  10. Goosh Goosh Member

after watching this shitty movie via torrent, even i have to say that even as god-awful as knight and day was, it STILL wasn't as bad as battlefield earth
  11. Anonymous Member

Re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

The message has been sent with our most powerful weapon, the almighty dollar. Nothing else needed.
  12. Anonymous Member

This one almost made me spit coffee on my monitor...
    Spoiler questions, now that we've seen <I>Knight and Day</I> | Atlanta Movies & TV Blog | Movie Reviews, TV Recaps | Screen Grab | Creative Loafing Atlanta

Now let me see, why would Cruise's Ray be killing people over a really good battery...hmmmm.
    What would a Scientologist want with a really good battery...
    LOL Xenu.
  13. Consensus Member

i liked it better as 'nummer'
  14. Anonymous Member

But you don't know that. So have fun making shit up I guess.

Never said it was good. Pay better attention.
  15. Anonymous Member

I watched this movie online a coupla days ago and glad I didnt shell out money at the cinema.
    What a woeful movie. It has nothing to do with Cruise's religion and my dislike of it. A terrible screenplay remains terrible, no matter who's in the movie.
    Save yer monies
  16. Anonymous Member

I just can't believe that these people that have supposedly seen this movie haven't taken the chance to laugh at Tom Cruise protecting a battery that is an eternal power supply. Xenu's prison anybody? You're all full of shit.
  17. Anonymous Member

Ja, mir auch.
    Nummer has also another meaning.
    I guess the mod has something against German or double entendres or no sense of humor.
    Oh, well.
  18. DeathHamster Member

Les is good practice for those old retarded grandpa roles in his future.

19. Anonymous Member

20. Consensus Member

21. RightOn Member

Showing Cruise's box office numbers downward movie spiral from 1994-2010 at the end of the article was the icing on the caek. Showing his "come back" as more of a "go away" IMO.

Like I asked before...
    I wonder how Cruise feels about the possibility of being more popular playing a bald guy in a fat suit rather than playing himself these days?

Depending on the way he looks at things...
    It can be any of the following scenarios...
    he is indifferent and doesn't care? (I am so rich, I can just do something else?) , blames other factors for the downward spiral? (except maybe COS?), he is really crushed?, or he may think that he "pulled it in" himself and has to work harder to make things go right?, OR maybe he is greatful that he is in the movies anywhere these days?

Only Cruise himself knows the real answer. I have found most if his interviews in the last couple of years to be less than truthful when discussing his emotions and family life. IMO

But one thing for sure...Scientology works and it helps people.
    So if he is feeling low on the tone scale, COS can certianly help him with that.
  22. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Very true. However, I would lean towards his thoughts would be: "I don't care... KSW... Couches are for sitting, not jumping... KSW... Must pamper Suri... KSW..."

IOW and my opinion: Tom Cruise has an ego that makes Jupiter's size look like a golf ball. He really thinks his shit don't stink. Therefore, no matter if the next movie bombs, or if MI:4 doesn't come out, he isn't gonna care. I didn't hear much bawwwing from him when Valkyrie bombed or when Paramount told him to GTFO. He just may say publicly why Knight and Day bombed is some BS about the economy or blame anything other that the fact the movie sucked from the get go and the public is saying "Tom Cruise = DO NOT WANT".

As far as the Les Grossman gig, I have a feeling that too will fall through. I didn't even know TC was in Tropic Thunder until I came here or read it here. Still, the general public isn't too keen on the idea of a move staring TC in a fat suit. Odds are good that the script will never see pass the writing room or it will be another tanked movie for TC.
  23. Random guy Member

I think you are right. Being funny for a few minutes in a show with Beyonces bum bouncing around him =/= being funny with just him for an hour and a half. He'll still be Tom Cruise, only this time in a fat suit. Eddie Murphy made that setup work, because Eddie Murphy is a funny enough guy to entertain people for 90 minutes, Cruise is not.

Yeah, I think this is the swan song of Cruises career.
  24. Anonymous Member

Number 3?!? That's three too many! we must do something about this immediately! Call in the Low Orbit Ion Cannon!
  25. Goosh Goosh Member

26. Anonymous Member

27. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Movie Bosses: Don't Blame Cruise for flop

TL;DR: Tom and crew are bawwing that the movie is flopping. The Director is trying to an herro himself by blaming himself and not Cruise.

...Geesh, who didn't see this coming?
  28. Anonymous Member

lol cruise is butthurt that his movie failed again

back to the cans
  29. q_p Member

I was flipping through the channels this morning and came across a morning talk show discussing how badly Knight and Day has done. They surprisingly never did bring up Tom's sorted past other than his poor performance these last few years in the box office but one guy did repeatedly say he thought this was the end of his career. Every one there did agree though they had no plans on going to see the movie.

I know I won't be going.
  30. Goosh Goosh Member

tom cruise is in denial

even if every producer and film company slams the door in his face, he'll use his own money to make a movie or find a small-time company desperate enough to take him
  31. AIN Member

okay, the reasons it fell flat are as follows
    1. Came out around the same time toy story 3 and an Adam Sandler comedy came out.
    2. The ads make it seem to be just another generic action flick.
    3. Tom cruise isn't well liked and since the film is about him, the ads with him prominet are counterproductive.
  32. BigBeard Member

From one of the 'PopEater' comments:

According to my daughter, this is the general concensus about TC among the ladies (especially the mothers) at her SCUBA diving club. They thought the couch jumping on Oprah was silly, but the attack on Brooke Shields for taking Paxil was unforgivable.

BigBeard
  33. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Praxil? What the hell is that? Did you mean Paxil (Paroxetine)?

There is more to it than just him and his blasting of Brooke Shields. The fact he says he knows more about Psychology than Matt Lauer and most people did him in. Add to it:

1) He tried to pimp Scientology in that interview.

2) His overall Moon Bat Shit Crazy behavior.

3) His ego so big it puts large planets to shame.

4) His constant presents in order to ad his new movie.

5) His infamous Scientology propaganda video.

All of this adds to making him the movie star equivalent of Typhoid Mary. Granted John Travolta and Kristie Alley have their minds in the Scientology toilet, but none of them are as committed to KSW as Tom Cruise is. Tom's commitment is almost fanatical times 9,001 and the reason he has toned it down is because he was making an ass out of Scientology in the process.
  34. AIN Member

actually, odds are several producers told him to either knock the scilon shit off in public or they wouldn't hire him.
  35. Random guy Member

I think AIn got that right.
  36. Triumph Member

L.A. Times
    Movie fans on 'Knight and Day': Actually, we blame Tom Cruise | The Big Picture | Los Angeles Times
  37. Anonymous Member

38. tippytoe Member

I wonder if the fans quoted above will receive a nifty Cease and Desist letter from Cruise's lawyer Bert Fields?
  39. Cheappassion Member

Can y'all recall a time when this alone would be worth of 22 pages? Now, it's like, Meh, Tom Cruise is a joke.

Reassures one's soul . . .
  40. Goosh Goosh Member

please xenu let this happen

it will be the ultimate footbullet and every single piece of entertainment news media would have a field day