Customize

Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Badly beaten by Adam Sandler in Grown Ups, Cruises picture made half as much, only 20,000,000.00.
    "That was the least-attended opening day for an action-oriented Tom Cruise vehicle since his first, Legend in 1986, and it was his lowest-grossing first day in a leading role since Far and Away in 1992 (though that picture had greater attendance). "

Scientology sucks and it blows people.
  2. DeathHamster Member

3. Anonymous Member

re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

Is dat sum elevator shoes? I swear you can see the countour of the wedge inside the right boot, not to mention the over sized instep...
    oops, I mentioned it.
  4. mojo Member

the guy can't act - no surprise. run cameron run.
  5. Random guy Member

That, or he has a clubfoot.
  6. Anonymous Member

7. DeathHamster Member

I thought that was a dummy with its feet wired to the pegs. Looks like I was right.
  8. Skeptic1337 Member

What is even more frightening is that diaz has arms that bend 3 inches below the shoulder.

Edit: to be serious about K&D...when I saw that they weren't allowing reviews to be posted till after the opening of the movie you know it had to suck that and the media blitz, ESPN commercial during my Copa Mundial = shitty movie.
  9. Anonymous Member

I'm not sure I'd even bother to watch this one on cable. Nothing of value was lost.
  10. AIN Member

how to gauge how shitty a movie is, the closer the review date to the release date=the level of shittiness
  11. LocalSP Member

Watched it, it sucked big time.
  12. JohnnyRUClear Member

WHEEEEeeeewwwww! My opposition to Scientology is validated.
  13. LocalSP Member

You should be thankful that I took the hit to watch this piece of shit so that others won't have to.
  14. Anonymous Member

'Toy Story 3,' Sandler are hot, Tom Cruise not, The Associated Press

15. Anonymous Member

I went to see it with a friend. It had an absolutely nonsense plot but was good stupid fun. Tom cruise was fantastic. Very funny, very charming. Cameron diaz was meh as expected. Overall I give it a C+ and tom cruise a B+
  16. RightOn Member

not to derail, but what ever happened to the movie Katie was in?
    Don't Be Afraid of the Dark?
    Did it ever come out?
  17. JohnnyRUClear Member

Maybe it's afraid of the light too.
  18. RightOn Member

that's a real knee slapper Johnny ;)
  19. Triumph Member

[IMG]
    Totally different bike..
    cut the size of motor in half and dumbed down the bike for tommy boy..

from an 800cc to 450cc Aprillia V twin dirt bike motor.

2studio-SXV_constraintscaled600x337.jpg

just like his 2" shoe lift heels in in his custom boots. fake..fake..fake..

thats Hollywood. thats tiny tom terrific

pretty easy to spot it isn't a ducati motor..

and the high heels.
  20. Goosh Goosh Member

downloaded the torrent

sucked ass
  21. JohnnyRUClear Member

Then what? Did you watch the movie?
  22. Jeff Jacobsen Member

I saw it. I'd give it a B-. It was very cartoonish, but some of the action was good, and the plot was reasonably ok.
  23. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

You worked hard so we wouldn't have to!

Now I bet you wished you didn't see it afterwords.
  24. Goosh Goosh Member

eh movie was pretty shitty

but it could be because i still tasted ass
  25. beef Member

It looks like a crap movie although I do like me some Cameron Diaz.

I did notice other TV stations showing past Tom Cruise movies all this week I guess to somehow promote his image as a mediocre actor mand this film.
    I'm glad it's bombing.
  26. Anonse7en Member

make sure you guys comment on this article all they ask for is an email
    Tom Cruise in Control at the Box Office at Hollywood.com

"Perhaps more than any other career move, his decision to play the balding, paunchy, loud and obnoxious Les Grossman in the 2008 hit “Tropic Thunder” was pivotal in redefining his public image and proving that the guy is still one hell of a dancer. "
  27. Sam Urai Member

28. BLiP Member

There's quite a few good movies on at the moment - you'd be a mug to waste your $s on this one.

Speaking of which, took my two nephews to the movies at the weekend. After parking, ice cream and lollies, a trip to the spacies arcade, the movie and a bag of hot chips for afterwards - bugger me days if I wasn't down a hundy. Fucking expensive excursion these days. Next week we're going to the park with a kite!!
  29. Anonymous Member

What's funny is that this line is a veiled editorial. I mean what 'experts' could you consult to have a reasonable confidence that your fact checkers could support the statement if it were questioned in court? There's no fact-checkers. There's probably no 'experts.' The author was working in his cubicle, couldn't decide if he should mention scientology in the story, nudged the guy in the cubicle next to him, asked 'Do you think Cruise's trouble at the box office is related to all that couch-jumping nonsense?' The other guy pulled off his headphones and says 'huh?' The author repeats the question, and specifies 'Scientology.' The neighbor nods his head again and says through a twinkie: "Uh-huh!" He then replaces his headphones, and the author bangs out that line.
  30. Sam Urai Member

Tinfoil hat speculation.
  31. Random guy Member

32. Anonymous Member

What's even funnier is your statement deriding the article for supposed non-existent experts. Do you have some "fact checkers" and "experts" to back up your labored cogitation?
    As silly as it may seem to you, there are a lot of "experts" in the field of public image and it's development, maintenance and repair.
  33. anonsoldier Member

That's just the PRODUCTION budget. That doesn't include the massive marketing campaign they indulged in to try and lure people in. Right now, they've barely recouped a quarter of the costs, and unless it picks up in future weeks...this will have been a total bomb.

I think we need to send a message...Tom Cruise is a shell of his former glory and is of no use as a leading actor. The Les Grossman character was a fluke, not a sign that he's on his comeback. We need to break this movie to make it a loss for the company, and we need to make it clear that its because of Cruise. I send this motion to the hivemind.
  34. RightOn Member

can we merge this thread with the other Night and Day thread?
    Do we really need 2 threads on this?
  35. re: Knight and Day opens at numBer 3

I second the motion.

Cruise is on trial with the media and the studios. The important message to the studios is...

Scientology = financial disaster

Despite the million dollar advertising campaign for Knight and Day and the usual Scientology pay off of the LA Times, the internet is drowning the Knight and Day publicity with Scientology references like this article where Cruise is on trial:

Celebritology 2.0 - With 'Knight and Day' in theaters, it's time for ... Tom Cruise Court

It doesn't look good for Cruise...

Tom! There is only one way out of this mess! Turn state's evidence on Scientology! If you become a whistleblower on the cult, you'll be a hero! Do it Tom! RUN!
  36. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I highly doubt that would help him. Tom has a long history of being a pompous dick long before his impersonation of Donkey Kong on Opera's couch. Even if he did go turncoat, his career would still be in the toilet waiting to be flushed.
  37. another123 Member

Where is Miscavige's Army of Bookbuyers that keep Dianetics alive? Couldn't divert them for a day to see a movie, to help keep his House of Cards propped up?

Or who knows
    [j.k speculation], maybe that's the big incredible new release (http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...-event-release-involves-div-4-training-68621/) at the upcoming MV event. See Tom's movie, or be declared.[/ j.k speculation]
  38. Anonymous Member

Go to rotten tomatoes, read the reviews from the "top critics." Mixed reviews overall, but most seem to like tom cruise, even the reviews that pan the movie as a whole. Tom Cruise and his career appear to be doing far far better than most people on these boards seem to think.
  39. Anonymous Member

Studio execs are a lot more interested in box office results than "top critics" opinions. They really don't like loosing money. This makes the third BO major failure in a row for Tom.
    Since MI IV isn't even out of the gate yet, I'll wager there are meetings this week to discuss cutting the budget or shelving it altogether.
    "Tom Cruise and his career appear to be doing far far better ..."
    Heh, heh... dream on.