Customize

Kennedy series to be scrapped

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by dongcopter fruitcake, Jan 8, 2011.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110108/ap_on_en_tv/us_tv_history_the_kennedys

So much for that Katie Holmes vehicle.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. anonymous9 Member

I wonder why she got involved in a project that was produced by a conservative with an agenda.
  3. RightOn Member

would have been a stinker in more way than one IMO
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Smurf Member

I'm betting another network will pick it up before it goes to the DVD market. Did anyone notice that Katie's co-star in this film is Barry Pepper, the star of "Battlefield Earth"?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Triumph Member

The Hollywood Reporter
    What Katie Holmes Said About 'The Kennedys' Before Cancellation
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/katie-holmes-kennedys-cancellation-69927
  6. If memory serves me correct; it was during the Kennedy administration that the raid on the D.C. Church of Scientology occurred. Hubbard later spun the story that he tried to interest the government in Scientology "technology" and that JFK wanted to use the "tech" for evil purposes. Ron the humantarian that he was, steadfastly refused. As a result -- the Org was raided. I can't find the source for this BS but I can tell you that this was like "urban legend" among us Scilons when I was in.

JFK as the Scilons would say, "later pulled it in". Hubbard alluded to this in his "What is Greatness" essay. If you haven't read this masterpiece of his, you should one day. It is not that long. Yvonne Gilham did a recorded version of this once too. It was New Age sounding even before there was a New Age.

I guess that little story won't be in the mini-series.
  7. Triumph Member

I was reading some crap earlier written By the quack Mike Adams Health Ranger and Cult apologist on his less than Natural News blog about the raid
    Heres what that goof ball said
  8. Triumph Member

Mike Adams Nutball Ranger
    They were not a church mike...

they were acting on authority of an legally obtained FDA warrant

so you can toss out those first and forth amendment claims
  9. Smurf Member

10. Anonymous Member

http://dimewars.com/Blog/ViewBlogAr...t&BlogID=2589e7ab-895c-4e7c-bcb8-1e98714ea462
  11. xenubarb Member

Let's see. A family that got rich during Prohibition by rum-running. The old crook Joe spawned a heap of good-looking Kennedy boys whose wealth certainly didn't hurt their quests for office.

Spawn of a crook, hailed by millions. Special.
  12. Anonymous Member

Having worked with Caroline... that's right OSA...Anon has infiltrated all levels... She is a busy woman and quite frankly doesn't have time for a washed up c-rated actress's drama.
  13. Anonymous Member

I just skimmed through the final of this, it aired on the Government run Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
    Glad I didn't watch the whole series. Barry Pepper was truly awful as Bobby Kennedy.
  14. Anonymous Member

In this guise he looks more like David Miscavige.
    bpepper.jpg
  15. Anonymous Member

Both Scilons together after he roughs up a staff member:
    bpepperkholmes.jpg
  16. Anonymous Member

search "Globe and Mail, May 17, 1978, 'Church kept enemies list' by John Picton - Jackie Kennedy is on the list
  17. Anonymous Member

18. Anonymous Member

google Globe and Mail, May 17, 1978, Church had enemies list, by John Picton -- link doesn't link
  19. Anonymous Member

20. TheRealNoUser Member

Well, at least Barry can focus on his rehearsals for Battlefield Earth II - Return Of The Psyclops.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. coskilla Member

Oh god the puriff sure duz age a roody-poo
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Anonymous Member

Wow, Katy looks awful.

She used to be such a pretty girl.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

1280_katie_holmes_152848PCN_Holmes005.jpg

Katie Holmes Unrecognizable as Jackie Kennedy on Set of 'The Kennedys: After Camelot' | ET Online

Katie Holmes is a chameleon in front of the camera. The 37-year-old actress was spotted in Canada on Wednesday sporting an entirely new look. Fans are used to Holmes looking young and vibrant, but while filming The Kennedys: After Camelot, she channeled her inner Jackie Kennedy, whom she plays in the Reelz Channel miniseries, and took on a more elegant and slightly aged look.

<snipped>

The new miniseries will be the second time that the former Dawson’s Creek star has played Kennedy. She previously took on the role on Reelz Channel's other miniseries, The Kennedys back in 2011. This time around, Holmes will be starring alongside Brett Donahue, who will be playing John F. Kennedy Jr. in the four-part series.

Holmes might be stepping back into a part she is comfortable playing, but she will be switching things up behind the camera. She will not only be acting onscreen, but she is an executive producer for the project and will be directing one of the installments.

http://www.etonline.com/news/189698...edy_on_the_set_of_the_kennedys_after_camelot/
    • Like Like x 1
  25. She looks good!
  26. JohnnyRUClear Member

She does. She looks healthy and strong.