Customize

Kate Ceberano on Scientology, Tom and Kirstie

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Xenu Loves LRH, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Scientology gives me the tools with which I can best express myself.
    It's made me more "me". Tony Bennett said there's no such thing as a good or bad song. I don't think there's such a thing as a good or bad person.
    I think they are made to be good or bad by different advantages or disadvantages. And I think that Scientology helps me to look at things this way - if I've been disadvantaged in a certain way and be able to repair it.

I have been reluctant to speak about Scientology in the past because it polarises people.
    I'm selling my record and I'm making my child's existence secure and happy and I think it's not in my nature to provoke people.
    I feel I am a very spiritual person by nature and I think that everyone who feels that way feels that's a very personal thing, so I don't feel obliged to tell people about it. I resent some people's attempt to try and make articles about it rather than about my work.

I sang at Tom Cruise's birthday party.
    We're friends, we've met. I was no different from a kid from Doncaster who had met Tom and gotten a gig to play for him. I feel a fan in his presence as much as someone these days would in the presence of Ryan Gosling.
    He's such a lovely guy, he's like a puppy. I don't know if I've ever clocked over in to being that kind of "friend" friend because I'm such a fan. Baz Luhrmann had me sing for his parties. I still feel tongue-tied and like a child around him.

I have the good fortune to be very good friends with Kirstie Alley.
    She's a very good pal. She's a lovely example of what I love about Scientology - she's very "herself".

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/kat...a-happy-marriage/story-fnii5smr-1226686328825
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

Aw, no commenting section...
  3. Anonymous Member

He never heard "Thank You For Listening".
    • Like Like x 6
  4. RightOn Member

Kate on Tom Cruise...
    "He's such a lovely guy, he's like a puppy."
    FIFY Kate!
    "He's such a lonely guy and he has the brain of a guppy."
  5. Anonymous Member

Ewww. Now all I can see is Tom rolling over to expose his tummy and piddling all over the carpet.
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  7. How convenient this has hit the news today.

Scientology all good?

CHECK!

Kirstie Alley a great person and great friend?

CHECK!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

Kate Ceberano reveals 'horrible' first time sex experience, her dedication to Scientology, and a secret half brother in tell-all autobiography

By Bianca Soldani, Mail Online

Excerpt:

A third-generation Scientologist, Ceberano, 47, also talks of her relationship with the church and how its teachings shaped her childhood.

'It's thanks to the fundamental teachings of the church then, when I was young, that I learnt about ethics, about self-preservation, self-respect,' she writes, adding details of her continued friendship with fellow devotee Tom Cruise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...gy-secret-brother-upcoming-autobiography.html
    • Like Like x 2
  9. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. RightOn Member

Article should have said "tell some autobiography"
    Can't stand this batty broad.
  11. DeathHamster Member

Her Wikipedia article doesn't mention that she's a Scientologist, except for the Australian Scientologist category. The problem has been finding a source where she self-admits to being a Scientologist, as if there was any doubt. Also, the fanbois probably scrape it out with the "undue weight" argument.
  12. Incredulicide Member

I seem to recall a Today Tonight interview where Bryan Seymour may have got her to mention it. He's done so many stories I forget which one. I remember it was one where he brings up other celebrities that left. We need to find transcripts of it.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ah well, at the rapid rate Sydney's Ideal Org is being finished off, Id say Kate will be at the grand opening. I'll try get some pics of 201 Castlereagh ASAP(unless some other SydneyFags can get to it before me)

Has been very busy there the last few weeks.
    Hey, I wonder if McStabby will be at the opening? No chance the cult will get a permit to shut down the street for an event. No way no how!
    It is a main one-way artery up from Circular Quay.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Barbara Angel Member

Oh yuck big time, I did know she was a member of Co$ but didn't know how badly she has been drinking the Kool Aid, I'm sorry for her. Plus she's not that big in Australia, so Co$ hasn't helped her that much. Bah Humbug and the pox on Co$ for it's CRIMINAL SCAMS. She's an IDIOT.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RightOn Member

^^^^ she's not that big in Australia?
    I thought she was. Maybe that was a while back tho. She is a big Cruise fan
  16. From today

culthqsyda_zps2e01872a.jpg

culthqstd_zps019756ca.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

Kate Ceberano’s tell-all book: music, marriage and what’s ahead | News.com.au

Excerpt:

You mention in the book you’ve had a rocky ride with the media over the years — that issues have been made of things like your Scientology …

Look, I can’t blame the media, because it’s an essential tool: you couldn’t survive without it. But it’s like that flinch you have when you hear your voice back on tape — you experience that same flinch when you hear or read your story, but a journalist has turned you into something that’s just slightly different to the way you see yourself. It only has to be slight. There’s something so final about a journalist’s statement about who you are — and then you have to live it. You either endure it, or you kill it — maybe this book will help kill it!

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-and-whats-ahead/story-fna50uae-1226862410283
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ceberano's new autobiography is called "I'm Talking" - also the name of her first band. I saw it in a bookstore this morning.

The index actually has a few references to Scientology. I didn;t have much time, but I flicked over to a couple of the pages. One reference was p237-238 (for example). The line I saw was something like.

"I wanted to learn more about Scientology theory, so I went to LA." and then there was a page and a half of lightweight stuff about Scientology and LA.

From what I could see, she glosses over it pretty much.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Well, the announcement was leaked at TonyO's blog

http://tonyortega.org/2014/04/06/sc...s-big-day-and-silicon-valley-is-in-high-gear/

syd-opening.jpg

Wouldn't be complete with a pre-opening reg attack!

the-best-ack-event-ever.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  20. As ifness Member

THE BEST ACK PARTY EVER

is still a shit party as far as parties go.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. As ifness Member

Ron don't live here anymore, either.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. vaLLarrr Member

The Most Cack Party Evah!

Needs a shoop!