Customize

Karen De la carriere/Jentzsch blows the cult.

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Kha Khan Member

Re: Karen De la carriere/Jentzsch blows the cult.

This is huge. This is Heber's ex-wife. As noted, a LRH trained Class XII C/S.

ESMB Thread: Heber's Ex Karen announces she's now out of CofS

/
  3. DeathHamster Member

What's Davie going to do when everyone has left, and he still can't find the SP?
  4. Anonymous Member

wow, another LRH-worshipper.
  5. Kha Khan Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins at Leaving Scientology: Karen De La Carriere Steps Out:
  6. Anonymous Member

+ Marty it seems.
  7. Anonymous Member

She made the life altering leap out of CoS. AND, she's speaking out.

I wish her peace, strength and joy.
  8. Kha Khan Member

9. Anonymous Member

I don't think it is unfair to criticise exes for still believing in the tech when blowing. Most exes 'wake up' in two stages. First they realise the CoDM is fucked up, but it can take a while to wake up to the fact that the entire tech is corrupt.

I think many exes will also wake up to Marty before too long. Just give them time.
  10. OTBT Member

Yup, this is pretty huge.

I'm happy she is out, and speaking out.

Critics, give her a chance, FFS. She's been brainwashed for decades, and brainwashed by Hubbtard no less. I expect it's going to take her quite a while to realize that Hubbard was just as horrible, nasty and evil as Miscavige.
  11. XenuPhobic Member

You stay classy, Miscavige.
  12. Anonymous Member

DM is by now nothing but a rabid bat.
  13. Kha Khan Member

More from Karen.

She was Senior CS CC INT:
    Heber is still in the SP hole:
    We might be hearing more from Karen:
    Karen has "horror stories" to tell:
    Yes, she wants to be an Independent:
    She was a BIG earner... and OSA and DM blew it in the last 48 hours:
  14. Anonymous Member

Look in a mirror?
  15. Anonymous Member

She might have been able to touch the hem of Hubbards robe at one time!! OMX!

On a serious note, she appears to be/have been a power player within the scilon circles. All the better to get the attention of those still afraid to leave.
  16. As ifness Member

Becomming only half-crazy (The realization that COS is a con) is a good stepping stone to not crazy (The realization that Scientology is a con).
  17. Bipolart Member

I'm glad she's out, and hopefully her husband will get out too.
    I hope she fully awakens to what a scam Scientology is.
  18. Re: Karen De la carriere/Jentzsch blows the cult.

So basically as long as it wasn't HER son what DM was doing was ok..and only when it came to HER son was she willing to speak out? That is just....but it is SO scientologist..and the kool aid is strong in that one....She is actually proud of working for LRH.
  19. Anonymous Member

tarot-the-tower.jpg
  20. Kha Khan Member

More from Karen.

More on Heber:
    Her son Alexander is reading the Internet:
    And legendary ED of the Saint Hill Sized Orange County Org wound up selling paintings on the street for $10:
  21. Anonymous Member

I'm often struck by this when reading the stories of exes and the recently blown.
    Their cognitive dissonance remains intact until it hits very close to home or affects them personally.
    It is the reason I think celebrities will be amoung the last to blow. They don't have to suffer many of the indignities or abuses the rest of the ranks have to deal with and they seem able to ignore or discount any reports of them.
  22. Kha Khan Member

More from Karen.

In a feisty mood... and a mystery sandwich:
  23. Anonymous Member

Alex is a douche, always has been always will be.
  24. Anonymous Member

No, No, and then again No!

After years of experiencing the Sea Org horror personally for years, she finally left in 1990. Afterwards, she states: "In 20 years it never occurred to me to be hostile towards the Church." Wot? Kidnapping wasn't enough?

Now, think about this, after all she'd already experienced, and got the hell away from in the sea org, she then allows her son to be sucked into the Sea Org. She slyly used the passive verb phrase "he was "regged" for the Sea Org, as if it had nothing to do with Her allowing it! he was simply "regged", and at what age? 11? ELEVEN?!

So now she's landed where she belongs. In Marty's camp where it's guaranteed that no police or authorities will be called in for any reason.

And she wonders why her son has turned on her?

Only in Scientology soap opera.
  25. Re: Karen De la carriere/Jentzsch blows the cult.

He'll be trying to slap the mirror.
  26. EyeOnSci Member

Exactly, usually takes some sort of trauma to get the person to initially snap out of it.
  27. Kha Khan Member

Understood. But the question remains, what (if anything) do you want to happen now?

What, if anything, do you want to happen to and with Alex?

What, if anything, do you want to happen to and with Karen?

Perhaps you don't care. Understood. Got it.

Perhaps you think that Karen is getting what she deserves. But even if that is true, is Alex getting what he deserves? When, as you note, he was "sucked into" the Sea Org at age 11? Is it still a case of, "No, No, and then again No!"?

And yes, Karen is now an Independent Scientologist at Marty's place because she knows people and feels comfortable there. [I'm sure she would feel comfortable here.] Is that really a reason to ignore her story, the data she can provide, and the fate of her son?

/
  28. exOT8Michael Member

I have known Karen since 1975. At that time she was a glamorous platinum blonde and full of fun and laughter.

It was in the Daytona base just after the Apollo was retired.
    I was a lowly Dianetics auditor in training and she was a full Class 12 auditor, and I had to do TRs with her. OMG OMG I was so nervous. She was a real honey though, and we became good friends for years. She knew Hubbard very well.

It is epic win that she is almost out (needs to drop Marty) of the clutches of Scientology.
    Bravo Karen!!
  29. Kha Khan Member

More from Karen.

600 hours of sec checks. Have you ever run a baby farm?:
  30. EyeOnSci Member

The following question is relevant in understanding how a person who makes a long career in the SO, leaves the SO, remains in the cult and evidently has considerable wealth to pay $700/hour or hundreds of thousands of dollars over the succeeding twenty years.

I cannot help but wonder where she gets her monetary wealth from. She was in the SO, auditing was her career, the same for her husband, Heber. Is the wealth from being a field auditor or field staff member to public scientologists over the last twenty years?

Just curious.
  31. Kha Khan Member

If you follow the links on her site it appears she is an art collector / dealer specializing in Thomas Kinkade, as well as a seller of art lighting and frames.

If you have the right personality (and everything I've quickly read about Karen indicates she does), being an art dealer can be very lucrative.

I've known a number of Scientologists who have done well in sales.

/
  32. Kha Khan Member

MORE:

An indication of her success from 2006:
    And from 2003:
    This is her eBay store: karendelac.
  33. Kha Khan Member

I addressed this above, but I'll try to do so more substantively now.

Her son Alexander was born in 1984.

Thereafter, Heber divorced Karen.

In about 1995, when Alexander was 11 years old, he was recruited into the SO. At the time Heber was the very visible President of the Church of Scientology International.

What do you think would have happened if Karen had objected to her son's recruitment into the SO? What do you think Karen believed would happen if she objected? Declared an SP? Disconnection? Massive custody battle? Facing a team of Church of Scientology paid private investigators and lawyers?

I've seen these stories before, including stories about the SO recruitment of minors. If you object, your "counter command intention" and an SP facing disconnection. So I've heard and seen parents who went along out of fear that if they didn't, they would lose all contact with their child.

You are really screwed if the other parent supports the recruitment. And if the other parent is the fricken President of the COS?

And keep in mind this was a woman who had already been held against her will for 6 months.

/
  34. EyeOnSci Member

I see. Quite interesting, in many ways.

From what Michael has said about her, her personality is excellent with people, even in the wog world. I can not help but notice that she loves the art of a wog artist who, as far as I recall, is a Christian.

I'm still wondering if she made a significant amount of money in the scientology field work as auditor or field staff member.

From the article re Kincaid's "ups and Downs" heh,heh, was a quote from her: "I took a bloodbath, an absolute bloodbath," said De la Carriere, the Los Angeles art dealer, who said she invested her inheritance in Media Arts Group stock at more than $20 a share. At this link:

Display Entry Page[0]=&values[1]=2807

I'm not sure why the link looks like that- sorry, it works on KK's post.

So, she refers to her inheritance that she used to invest in the Kincaid art.
  35. Smurf Member

Trufax. If Karen was as vigilant, and loud, and demanding as she claims to be, she would have NEVER allowed her son to join the Sea Org at age 10. That's just dumb, selfish, irresponsible and a major act of bad parenting.

OK, now that she's in Marty's camp, she can gloat and snow everyone with her sanitized version of what happened. I know of Alex and he sounds like the arrogant, obnoxious 2nd generation Scientologist you find among the others of his class. He grew up in the mindfuck after his idiot mother signed him away to the Sea Org at a very early age. Very sad.
  36. Kha Khan Member

I addressed this above, but will do so again.

Karen's son Alexander was born in 1984.

Thereafter, Heber divorced Karen.

In about 1995, when Alexander was 11 years old, he was recruited into the SO. At the time Heber was the very visible President of the Church of Scientology International.

What do you think would have happened if Karen had objected to her son's recruitment into the SO? What do you think Karen believed would happen if she objected? Declared an SP? Disconnection? Massive custody battle? Facing a team of Church of Scientology paid private investigators and lawyers?

I've seen these stories before, including stories about the SO recruitment of minors. If you object, your "counter command intention" and an SP facing disconnection. So I've heard and seen parents who went along out of fear that if they didn't, they would lose all contact with their child.

You are really screwed if the other parent supports the recruitment. And if the other parent is the fricken President of the COS?

And keep in mind this was a woman who had already been held against her will for 6 months.

/
  37. JohnnyRUClear Member

lolwut

KK, it might be time for a little vacation. The woman is giddy in Mahtyologyland playing Pin the Fail on the Midget. Buh-rain-wash.

Respect for the ebay thing, though. She's obviously got abilities. Just imagine what she'll do when sane (assuming she can still get back from Thetaville).
  38. Smurf Member

You're entitled to your opinions, Khan, but your response here is similar to many of your past comments where you seem to go out of your way to play the apologist and rationalize & dignify the unsavory actions of "independents".

The actions of the independents speak for themselves. There have been other exes on ESMB who are parents who put their feet down & forbid their children joining the Sea Org until they were in their late teens...

Karen Barta/Jentzsch/De La Carriere can speak for herself... and doesn't need you to "explain" why she did the things that she did.
  39. Kha Khan Member

I do get where you are coming from, and perhaps I should take a break (not that I will). ;)

I've come to realize that I support people who get out of the official Church of Scientology even if they wind up being Independent Scientologists. I would prefer that they be Independent Scientologists than Church of Scientology Scientologists.

Part of the reason for this is that the there is infinitely less (if any) control and coercion in the Independent Scientology world than in the official Church of Scientology. Especially for the Sea Org members for leave.

Part of the reason is that many Scientologists will simply not leave the official COS if they believe they will lose access to the Tech forever, and thus lose their spiritual eternity. You may laugh at said belief, but for years it has been a huge deterrent for people leaving. The IS community gives them some hope in that regard. It also gives people some sense of community, belonging etc. that they might not otherwise have. Many people who leave the COS lose all of their friends and all of their family. They have nothing outside.

Finally, I support anyone who is trying to avoid disconnection with their child and/or get their child out of the COS.

I'm trying to avoid blaming the victim -- even if the victim arguably deserves blame -- because doing so is not helpful.

I want people out of the COS in the most practical and effective way possible, even if it is gradual and not as instantaneous as many would like.

Oh, and when I said "I'm sure she would feel comfortable here," I was being sarcastic. Sorry, I forgot the [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags. :)
  40. Random guy Member

Karen De La Carriere added to the "spoken out" list.