Customize

June xx - Ottawa Ontario - Protest

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BahamutXone, Nov 18, 2008.

1. BahamutXone Member

June xx - Ottawa Ontario - Protest

Soooo... any comments?
  2. BlooAnon Member

Re: Ottawa, Ontario

Oh you are alive. WoW didn't devour your soul!

We were wondering where you had vanished to.

I'm up for it.
  3. Re: Ottawa, Ontario

Im alive too. And what is the theme? if we have one. AAANd will this be our last protest..seeing as to how we will have protested for practically a year now?
  4. A.Non Hubbard Member

Did you guise get everything sorted out with the local cops?
  5. Re: Ottawa, Ontario

yeah they came. talked and left. We have it all on video. I just need to reformat it (it is OVER 9000MB OF VIDEO..and im being serious when i say that..its about 9gb of video..cause its RAWBERRY FORMAT)
  6. A.Non Hubbard Member

Glad to hear it was resolved. :)
  7. BahamutXone Member

Sorry about the disappearance. Between work, WoW, and Left 4 Dead, I haven't had a lot of spare time.

Anyway, it seems that most of the Suppressivepersons irc servers have merged to irc.anonnet.org. You may have to use the new address in your IRC client, and the client on the website may no longer work properly.
  8. Re: Ottawa, Ontario

PROTIP: Signs

and do we have a date?
  9. Re: Ottawa, Ontario

Is Needing Mask....
    Snail got any?
  10. BlooAnon Member

Last time I was there, the Bank Shoppe still had some.

And I thought that the date was the 13th. Cause the 20th is cutting it close to Christmas. Who knows if the Scis would be celebrating - and I use that term lightly - Christmas. I'm officially done classes by the 13th, (if it doesn't kill me first) x.X
  11. BahamutXone Member

The protest is scheduled for the 13th of December. I sent in the permit application about 5 minutes ago.
  12. Re: Ottawa, Ontario

PROTIP: SIGNS

I wont be able to make any, between work and exams I just don't have time.
  13. Opportunity Member

I'll just leave this here to keep your spirits up as you guys get prepared for the 13th...

14. BahamutXone Member

Houston, we may have a problem. With the looming transit strike, I may have no way of getting out there. If I can't get out there, the permit is not valid. You know what that means.
  15. BlooAnon Member

We protest the OC Transit System at St Laurent? En GF Masks? :-P

"You're ruining our SP jobs!"
    "Protesting is free. OC Transpo is not!"
  16. Re: Ottawa, Ontario

Could we not just go to the Scilon centre anyways and protest silently?(as we do have CCHR rights ne?) AKA: wave signs around for a bit, then maybe move to city hall for a mini raid against OC transpo workers?

If worse comes to worse thats what I think Im going to do
  17. BahamutXone Member

You are more than free to do that, but you will not be covered by any permit. I'll call the Special Events office and notify them that some people may still show up.

Unfortunately, I have no way of getting downtown tomorrow. And I was planning on baking a cake, too. Fucking bus drivers.
  18. BlooAnon Member

blar on that. I was thinking of baking something too.

If the strike stops this coming week, could we reschedual for the 20th?
  19. Re: Ottawa, Ontario

Yeah I agree with bloo on the resched, Im now unable to go as well.
  20. BlooAnon Member

Whenever the buses start running again and we can get back to enturbulating, I have a fun idea to do on Rideau infront of the org.

Build little snowmen (SSPs), give them GF masks, and protest signs. But on oneside of their signs, have YFTC, and the url to youfoundthecard.

Yes? No?
  21. BahamutXone Member

Sounds pretty awesome, actually.

Yeah, I think we should put a hold on raiding until the bus strike is over.
  22. BlooAnon Member

Agreed. I really am getting really irritated with OC Transpo though. As if they planned the strike to start at exams and the Christmas crunch. That union is evil.

Maybe C0$ paid them. XD
  23. Re: Ottawa, Ontario

Think we could make any plans to raid the stupid bus strikers?
  24. HellRazor Member

Epic snow guys. Oh yes!
  25. BlooAnon Member

I'm honestly getting pissed off at the union. So much so that I won't get into it, since this isn't the place, but urge to protest... rising!
  26. BahamutXone Member

I suppose plans could (theoretically) be made... but how would we get to city hall?
  27. BlooAnon Member

To the Anon-mobile! We keep it in the Anon Cave!
  28. JoshTheater Member

Still Alive - Marcab

If folks would be so kind as to throw together some quick, one paragraph summaries of what's been going on in their local cells here, the hope is to get a nice website up compiling everything (kinda like Anonymous Resources, only with some more information about the groups). We could even *gasp* KEEP IT UP TO DATE!
  29. Re: Ottawa, Ontario

Busses should be back on the 16th for those of you who havent been following, they will be forced to vote no later then the 9th(thank you Ms ambrose) then they vote yes(presumably as its only the senior dumbfuck drivers who are fighting over cherry picking) and it will apparently take a week for bus service to be back to normal

Also as for the still alive who wants to get on that?
  30. BlooAnon Member

Both Pink and I are ready for whenever the buses start up. And if they go back to work on the 16th, that's perfect for the 17th Global protest.

If not, we may have a /b/ackup plan.

Also, I joined up on the Still Alive and made an Ottawa group on the site. I don't think I should be the one to write up anything about the group since I'm the n00b. Unless I'm given info from Vet Anons for it.
  31. BlooAnon Member

Is it too late to get the permit for next week?
  32. BahamutXone Member

It's kind of a moot point now, as the bus drivers are still on strike.
  33. BlooAnon Member

I possibly have a backup plan that involves transportation with the help from Pink. Is it too late to get the permit?

Edit: NM. Far too late now.
  34. Scythe Member

sup, friends of mine have been talking to me about coming to the ottawa protest and have some fun in general. The plan is to be dressed as characters of lord of the ring and use the whole You have My Axe meme for fun. I see that there will be no protest because of the bus strike, but I guess we could report that for february.

If anybody wants to join in the theme that could be lulzy. Hambourg did something great with 300, I'm sure ottawa could deliver.

By the way, I see that we have a wiki, but would any of you be interested in a website like the one we have for quebec city? It works pretty well for us actually. This way we could organize more efficiently and put flyers and cards all around for people to join.

There is a lot of dedicated people here, I'm sure we could pull off something good.
  35. BlooAnon Member

This amuses me and I'd be up for it. I have a few LotR props.

But really there's no sign to the end of the transit strike, which is reeeeeeeally frustrating. If you need updates about it, let me know.

Would be nice, but I can't speak for the rest of the crew.
  36. BahamutXone Member

It looks like the strike may be over. All hands, report in!
  37. BlooAnon Member

Pink and I already planning food and drink.

Hot drinks preferably I assume? It is a Feb protest after all.
  38. BahamutXone Member

That sounds good. So, are we doing this on the 14th of February? I need to know for the permit.
  39. BlooAnon Member

Sounds like a plan to me. Go for it.
  40. BlooAnon Member

I'll leave this here.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PG-uhTz0Tk]YouTube - Ottawa Anon Cell Update: Where We've Been[/ame]

So the plans the same as before? Or should we actually plan something in a chat? :p

Edit: I also had another thought: Anyone up for going to Winterlude after the raid? As Anonymous? I think it'd be fun. Thoughts?