Customize

June 23rd Vancouver, 1-man-protest...baaaaad idea

Discussion in 'Canada' started by RedTie, Jun 23, 2009.

1. RedTie Member

June 23rd Vancouver, 1-man-protest...baaaaad idea

I got my mask today and decided to do alittle surprise protesting, and a very weird ending.

What's yoru take on all this guys? was it my fault or just a good cop who didn't understand the darkside of COS?
  2. Re: June 23rd Vancouver, 1-man-protest...baaaaad idea

I hate to say it because I applaud your effort and your enthusiasm when trying to jump start that area and to what ever you can even as one person to fight the cult of $cientology. BUT you kind of puss 'd out their. I mean you needed to be a little more assertive with the police or they will walk all over you. Because of you the scilons can call that a win because they got you to stop protesting by bawwwing to the cops and you fell right in line. I mean I'm not talking about being a dick to the cops and being rude or disrespectful but you need to calmly say "excuse me mam but what am I doing that is illegal? Also since I am on a public street and since I'm not blocking traffic or stopping ingress and egress and since I'm obviously not disturbing the public what am I exactly doing that I have to leave and stop protesting?" That cop kind of suggested to you that you should leave and you replied that "do I have to leave and stop what I'm doing?" And the cop seized upon that and used that to get you to move along. Unless (and I don't know the mask laws in Vancouver but unless its illegal to have a mask on public property than forget that particular thing) the women can should me the Vancouver statute that says I'm doing something wrong why are you inhibiting my civil rights and right to protest freely. I would have requested a sergeant or superior to come to the scene and speak to you. Again I'm not promoting anonymous to get in a cops face and refuse to cooperate but you need to show a backbone. Call your family or legal guardian if your young but then request a copy of all the reports that is being written so I can follow up with legal threats and I am going to go to the Internal Affairs or officer complaint department and then ask my parents to come down and file a complain that I did nothing wrong and that I was not arrested and that I want this filmed so I can show it to my local news station WSRO 98.6 or whatever is local and say I'm sure they would love to see "officer so and so" violating the rights of a young law abiding citizen getting trampled all over because the cops and the cultist are getting butt hurt and doesn't fully understand the law and that YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTEST FREELY AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT DISTURB THE PUBLIC AND DONT BLOCK THE DOOR OR THE SIDEWALK. I don't know man I just think that with the cult getting more desperate we cant allow us to get laxed and say its ok cuz the cult is gonna be dead in a year or something. Like I said I'm glad that you are doing this. I hope you follow up and go down to the police and get in writing what is legal and what is not so you don't get a dick cop coming by making up the rules as he goes along. Please continue to fight the cult. I I'm not making any disparaging comments because I admire what you do. Obviously one man raids are still not a good idea.....
  3. conatus Member

Re: June 23rd Vancouver, 1-man-protest...baaaaad idea

sweet Jebus in a chicken basket, dude . . . .LRN2¶ !!!
  4. BlooAnon Member

This
  5. Anonymous Member

2ebcsw3.png
  6. Anonymous Member

lrn2paragraph mon
  7. RedTie Member

I learned a lot from this mistake but next time wont be a problem. :D We gotta hold our ground and don't be stupid, after all you cant get a win or epic win if you do stupid things. you can make a fail so epic it turns to a win, but that's not how we play THE GAME.
  8. Re: June 23rd Vancouver, 1-man-protest...baaaaad idea

SORRY I GOT ALOT TO SAY AS AN OPINIONATED FIESTY YOUNG PRE-PUBESCENT BOY WITH ADHD AND TOO MUCH SUGAR

....ALSO WHAT IS THIS ----> lrn2paragraph mon
  9. BlooAnon Member

It appears your caps lock is stuck as well. Better check on that.

Also

thegame.jpg
  10. Anonymous Member

if you're not a troll it means learn to break your postings into paragraphs, man

if you're a troll, well, can't help ya
  11. Anonymous Member

sorry RedTie, you deserve a much better start to this thread than you got

please, do go on

:)
  12. BlooAnon Member

Scare tactic? Real or empty threat. Either way....

redtie01.jpg

That Youtube account is closed...

redtie02.jpg

:/
  13. Anonymous Member

Funny story I just remembered...
    We always stop by EB Games when we're out protesting, the EB dude got so sick of us trolling him each month for battletoads that one month when he heard us coming he rushed at us brandishing a copy of "Lost - The Game".
    Anon collectively groaned and facepalmed, we didn't troll EB for many months after that...
  14. RedTie Member

Dude that is Epic!.

And to all on this forum, I am still going to go to all raids I can go to. This hasn't stopped be and now that I know my rights fully, I'll be back to manning the Harpoons!

And if they fair game me...I will have my camera closer to them than Miscavige's fists
  15. Forgott3nAnon Member

Epic enthusiasm for mini-raiding alone!

I look forward to joining you next month.

Feel free to drop me an email if you feel like mini-raiding another time.

[EDIT]

Just saw your secondary video...

Unfortunate that you had to deal with cops who were so set on their opinion. I suppose we should draft a template on what to say that's most effective to the police.

I know I usually go with "I wear this mask for two reasons, one to protect my identity because of their Fair Game Policy (then I briefly explain it making references to local Vanon who've been partly fair gamed), and the other to visually make a statement to foot traffic. A man in a suit wearing a V-mask makes an impact to you, does it not?"

Because you were a one-man army, its easy for the cops to consider you a bit of a wing-nut. More emphasis on "we're a local group of concerned citizens of all walks of life united under anonymity" would've (hopefully) done the ticket. The woman was quite bent at disarming your miniraid.

Makes me a sad panda :(

You still got balls for 1man miniraiding tho!
  16. Toonces Member

I think you did the right thing, not trying to argue with the cop. "It's not your battle to fight... You should concentrate on your life..." Apparently her mother instincts took over.
    Also, lol @ realizing that saying "I'm not paranoid" isn't really convincing.
  17. NoScope Member

Welcome newfag, but probably should have lurked moar before doing a one-man-raid. When you have the facts then your prepared to handle situations like that. I recomend going to the How To forums and do some research.
  18. Re: June 23rd Vancouver, 1-man-protest...baaaaad idea

The cop gave you her card right? Didn't sound like she had much info about Scn but she seemed pretty nice overall. Send her some info like the SP Times articles, educate one more person and maybe get a cop on your side up there.
  19. RedTie Member

true good move a friend in the cops would be sweet, but personally I want to befriend a CO$ member who can leak stuff to me. :D any tips?
  20. Re: June 23rd Vancouver, 1-man-protest...baaaaad idea

Oh and by the way. Epic balls.

[IMG]
  21. JohnnyRUClear Member

At about 9:10 in the second video, what did she say about "paranoid to me"? That you did, or didn't, look paranoid to her, or...?

Audio = FAIL.

Epic balls = ...well, not entirely fail, but a bit shaky. (Should improve with practice and knowledge, so no worries really.)

Cop = IGNORAMUS.

I don't know Canadian law, but here in the USA, that cop would be way, WAY out of line. Total utter failure for her, under our laws. But, you gotta stand up for your rights, or this kind of crap will happen.

Constructive advice: do follow up with her and educate her about the situation. A link to the SP Times article would be a good start, I think... don't drown her right off the bat, just send her one or 2 things and let her know that there's volumes more if she's still curious after that. Radiate confidence. We continue to run this, even if things got off to a crappy start between you and your local PD. Relative to the whole war, it's just a tiny and temporary hitch. Keep it in perspective.
  22. superlanboy Member

Redtie.

Great enthusiasm. Few words of wisdom.

Do not miniraid alone
    Badd idea is bad
    Stick and learn from the group
    We have a great relationship with teh VPD and don't want to jeopardize it
    See you July 4th

Good caek was gooood last raid :D