Customize

June 20 - London, England - Sea Arrrgh II Postgame

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Fragmented_Mask, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Re: June 20 - London, England - Sea Arrrgh II Postgame

That was there for the last Sea Arrgh and originally hung at QVS, where it looked even moar epic. Anyone got pics from way back when?

And whose mask is it that I have? I didn't have time to give it back before I scooted off so someone will have it returned next month..
  2. Re: June 20 - London, England - Sea Arrrgh II Postgame

That'd be my mask. Just give the inside a wipe before next month is all I ask; I mean, you're a lovely girl, but we don't really know each other well enough to start sharing bodily secretions yet...
  3. An0nand0n Member

Re: June 20 - London, England - Sea Arrrgh II Postgame

Very satisfactory raid. Much interest from the public, especially re. the French trials. Was able to tell someone with a relative in the sea org about exscn.net and other places they possibly get help tracking them down. One of the police came over to the barrier to talk to a few of us (he wanted to know what the masks signified) and while he was there some random came past and snapped a pic of us. The policeman legged it after the guy, deleted the pic and got his details but it's still not clear whether he was a sci or just a member of the public. He seemed more interested in taking pics of the police and the protesters interacting with them than photographing the demo. We got pics of the guy though, so we should be able to ID him if he is a sci. Rave raid was fun. No bother from anyone, and a little while after the scis hastily shut up shop, someone went over to take pics of the inside of the org. They were in there, trying to pretend to be invisible. Upon having the illusion shattered by the camera flash, the scis scattered and ran about like bugs under a rock. It was both hilarious and pathetic. We also got adopted by a random homeless guy who borrowed a mask and joined the party. Good fun was had by all.

Also, according to the policeman who was speaking to some of us, Nomcock has their finest legal minds working on trying to get rid of us, but as long as nobody is organising the protests, there is nothing they can do.
  4. Anonymous Member

Now. This is something I've been wondering for a while now: if we see people who we believe are trying to take pictures of us unmasked, do we have any right to get those pictures deleted?

This happened to me at a previous raid, I unmasked to eat and was later told that someone had been walking by us with a camera discreetly held at waist-height and pointing upwards, and there was a very audible click. I didn't notice this at the time but being told afterwards, I was understandably a bit pissed.

I just wanted to know, what with knwledge of the Scis fair gaming and all, would the police seriously consider a request to seize someone's camera and delete pics if we identified them?
  5. clum Member

They're perfectly within their right to take photos unless they start focusing on someone and taking a large number, at which point it may become harassment - until then, you just have to watch out.

Regarding
    they could have refused to let them delete the pictures and take details. Police have no right to do so except under special circumstances (eg, what I said above). Suppose it was just lucky that guy didn't know.
  6. Anon-007 Member

Unless the pig was in the picture, of course.

Photos the "the police" are not allowed any more due to "security implications" in our nice "definitely not a Nazi state" country.
  7. clum Member

Oh, if they were in it then yeah. I love how they get to decide without the slightest evidence that you are clearly a terrorist and a threat to national security...
  8. Namenlos Member

Oh noes D: I'm sowwy! I'm sure you guys are fun, but it was a bit unhygenic...

I was totally thinking this. Chip in for a spare mask to give to homeless guys with beer as long as they sit opposite the cult <3
  9. Namenlos Member

Photo 34 needs swirly face tech.
  10. Re: June 20 - London, England - Sea Arrrgh II Postgame

Oh, we're definitely fun... And we're probably fine, too :p

Certainly, once I slept off yesterday's skullcrushing migraine (which was definitely a migraine, and not at all a hangover), I felt a lot better.
  11. Namenlos Member

Silly typo is silly :b
    Yeah I had a migraine, too...
  12. XanonX Member

did anyone else wonder how that reporter women knew where we were[QVS], even though she said shes never been on WWP or anything before? Maybe im just using up too much tin foil.
  13. Namenlos Member

Do we know who she was or where she was from?
    Would be useful for adding to the video I shot of her interviewing us.
  14. XanonX Member

I think she was from a uni or something, the mag she was reporting for was called Catch-22, it looked very student like, but she said that she knew nothing about us really, so im just thinking how she knew where we were
  15. Anonymous Member

Catch 22 - Website Coming Soon

possibly this? Legit?
  16. yellowperil Member

Good photos guise this is the first chance I had to look at them.

On the reporter side think you may be a little too paranoid Clambake put a couple onto us in Glasgow they may have done the same for you too.
  17. basil Member

18. XanonX Member

hm yeah thats it..
    so the mag is real but how would she know when we were at QVS unless she spent everyday there until we arrived..
  19. Anonymous Member

Have you considered that she may just have been passing? Did she specifically come up to us and say she had been wanting to do a story on Anonymous or was it one of those "So what the hell are you guys doing in masks?" type affair?

If she's an aspiring journalist, it wouldn't be uncommon for her to have a dictophone in her bag as practice and she may just have been intigued by what she saw. *shrug*

I'm just thinking the paranoia may be a bit unwarranted and ott.
  20. XanonX Member

nah she come over specificly to do a report on anonymous and scientology.
  21. Re: June 20 - London, England - Sea Arrrgh II Postgame

She was real. She had emotional reactions. They don't. She was genuinely shocked when we told her trufax.
  22. XanonX Member

oh yeah, i forgot about her emotional response to that Hubbard quote.
  23. Re: June 20 - London, England - Sea Arrrgh II Postgame

I quite liked the reaction at the end when we told her Hubbard's racist quotes, and the forced abortions.

It's likely someone from that mag knows of Anonymous and probably checks out the protest sites, and just sent her along to report it. Lots of juicy tidbits were dished out, day was good.
  24. Re: June 20 - London, England - Sea Arrrgh II Postgame

What did people think of the old guy who came over to ask question very early on at QVS?
    He arrived from the direction of Blackfriars, and he seemed more interested in the nature and structure of anonymous then what we were upto. I took over the question answering when I noticed this and of course clearly corrected him, that we are not an organisation at all, and merely a random group of strangers who are just protesting anonymously.
    He then took a photo of me, and left...
    Just instead of carrying along up the road, he crossed the street and scuttled inside the org.

I'm curious, did anybody notice if he actually left again?
  25. XanonX Member

he ran out of the org and started talking to the police, along with stephania.
  26. Anonymous Member

Sounds very suspect to me...
  27. Re: June 20 - London, England - Sea Arrrgh II Postgame

Was Stephania at QVS?
  28. Re: June 20 - London, England - Sea Arrrgh II Postgame

Between that and my supposed newfag (WWP account: 'MrAnonymous'). Who asked lotsa newfaggish questions (All of which were answered by direction to facepalmingly obvious wwp threads). After arranging a meet in the morning, and sharing my cell number under the pretence of he gets lost easy and needs help. I then hear no more from him what so ever.

If I don't get my C&D by at least the end of the week, I hope OSA fire their PI.
    (Also, if they try to dox on the number I gave their in for a shock!)
  29. Anonymous Member

mod edit: sekrit plan
  30. basil Member

On the bookathon weekend (13/14 June), she was out with the stress test tables on Edgware Road, with a cute little &quot;Dianetics&quot; hat on. Unclear photo = digital zoom and dodgy lighting.

Untitled-8.jpg

She gets around a bit, doesn't she? Or are they just rumours...?
  31. XanonX Member

yeah, she popped round to the org for a bit whilst we were there.
  32. Re: June 20 - London, England - Sea Arrrgh II Postgame

With pre-paid sims being readily available, and using a spare or chepo handset. There is no reason for ever sharing your real number with strangers anyway.

Also, doing this... You can easily register it in what ever name / address you want.
  33. XanonX Member

awwh but doesnt she just look so adorable in that cute little hat?
  34. Anon-007 Member

Someone do a social favour and chat the poor girl up.

It looks like she hasn't been laid in years, and I bet she's a secretly a hot tigress between the sheets.

Actually, it sounds like a job for Baz......
  35. Namenlos Member

I wondered what the old guy wanted...

Processing interview vid now.
  36. XanonX Member

hes already got Epic Butt Girl
  37. basil Member

If what you say is true, and Stefania hasn't seen "action" for a while, then I'm afraid it isn't gonna be me that volunteers.

I'm scared of spiders.
  38. Namenlos Member

Not bats?
  39. The Shadow Member

Fixed :D