Customize

June 20 - London England - Protest

Discussion in 'Europe' started by garlic, May 16, 2009.

?

What date would you like the June protest to take place on?

Poll closed May 30, 2009.
June 6 4 vote(s) 8.2%
June 13 15 vote(s) 30.6%
June 20 30 vote(s) 61.2%
  1. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

I would object if this did NOT happen.

DO IT FAGGOT
  2. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

THIS.
  3. shoemonkeyuk Member

Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

hiya so i was wondering were to get a mask from??? and im coming to the 20th protest from Epping just wondered if anyone wanted to go up together???
  4. Anonymous Member

If you have a local Forbidden Planet, check there, or go on their website, but it may not be delivered in time.
    Failing that, look on any other websites you can think of but if you buy off somewhere like Amazon or ebay make sure it's not with an account that can be traced to you.
    If you're really failing epically and still don't have one by next week, just go along with anything so long as it covers your face. And do better next time.
  5. Spangly Member

If you really want the VfV mask, the Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue usually has them in stock (they're about £5). Mine was on the wall-rack near the front tills when I went - if you can't see any around, just ask.

Be warned they're not the most comfortable/practical of masks - unless you modify it. Feel free to use any sort of mask/scarf/etc if you prefer.
  6. Anonymous Member

7. Anonymous Member

cures! failed quote was fail.
  8. basil Member

They may have their downside, but they represent something that Scientology cannot handle, and it enturbulates the shit outta them.

A couple of weeks ago, I got to Tottenham Court Road a bit early before my /b/rothers arrived, so I just masked up, crossed the road and stood leaning on a roadsign opposite the Org, looking at them - no sign, no flyers giving out, nothing - just standing there. Four of them that were outside literally ran inside when they saw me.

I've also gone past on the bus before with the mask on, and they've shat bricks from seeing the mask there.

We are everywhere... and nowhere. That's why they can't properly handle us, only pick us off one by one occasionally, but when one falls, ten take their place.

9. Anonymous Member

Unfortunately, uncomfortable as they are, they have now become iconic. And seeing a sea of V Masks makes more of an impact than a sea of random masks/scarves/shades could ever manage.

And to be fair, pretty much any mask will fill with condensation over the course of the day and most full-face ones you can't eat with so all of them have their impracticalities..
  10. Spangly Member

I finally caved in and bought a V Mask a few months back, I've modded the crap out of it (opened the nostrils and mouth up a bit, and massively hacked out the eyes so I can see properly). I've also replaced the horrid sponge padding with some spare bits of bike-helmet-foam.

I've always taken multiple masks along and switch between them. I like the V-Mask for walky-roundy bits (best for the blasted "public image" / "brand recognition" thing) and then other ones for Practical Shouting and talking to the public.
  11. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

This x2

Mask-modding is essential, even if it's just something inside, around the mouth area, to catch condensation

And mask-switching is also worthwhile.
  12. MrAnonymous Member

Roughly how many people are going?
  13. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

I will be out buying me some Pirate gear tomorrow. What's the forecast for next weekend looking like at the moment?
  14. MrAnonymous Member

Well the rest of the week is supposed to be sunny with clouds, just hoping saturday is the same.
  15. Davey's Cat Member

/r/ lazy town pirate song - it wouldn't be Sea Aaargh without it.

Yar har fiddle-de-dee....

Further /r/ basil in full Stephanie-pirate outfit. Phwoar.
  16. Anonymous Member

Oh god... the mental images. Make them go away!!!
  17. basil Member

I would require at least three.

Have a shoop of Stefania instead.

stefaniarule34.jpg
  18. XanonX Member

i would...
  19. Gentlemen Member

Bitches don't know about how superior my balaclava is.
  20. Anonymous Member

I'd go downstat on her
  21. Namenlos Member

Oh shit. It's this week. SOMUCHTODOSTILL.
  22. Anonymous Member

Pluck out my eyes
  23. basil Member

I betcha won't be able to look at Stefania, who is almost certainly going to be there this weekend, without thinking of that picture.

I wonder if the spies on this forum have given her a copy of it yet? Or whether that's a withhold for use at home with a box of kleenex?
  24. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

Does anybody here have a spare V-mask that I can borrow for the duration of Saturday's protest and give back at the end of the day? The friend I was going to borrow one from has whisked off to Cornwall without giving it to me, and I'd rather not have to buy one on the day.
  25. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

I'll have a spare with me, you're welcome to borrow it of course, but why aren't you bringing your pointy teeth mask? I always liked the design of it.
  26. Davey's Cat Member

Aaagh! My eyes!
  27. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

I concur with me /b/rothers. I have my own oldanon mask which I stitched myself. It's a bit tatty, but it's better ventilated and a LOT better for trollcannon work than a V mask. The V mask is pretty much used as a workhorse now, in the case of having a handful of anons and being in a situation where you need to get the best reaction from the public and the worst from the enemy.
  28. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

Triple post
  29. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

LOL
  30. Namenlos Member

How the hell did you manage a triple post??
  31. Mutante Member

He is Steve Vai.

[IMG]
  32. Anonymous Member

As an encouragement, a trustworthy contact passed me this information.

33. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

My Hex mask has alas gone into retirement, it was bought from Pound Kingdom and after a year is beginning to crack/elastic has ripped/so on. And thanks a lot for the lending offer =)

On another note though, I spent the whole of this morning going around local party shops and I have found nowhere that does a good pirate hat. What is up with this??
  34. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

I had to resort to ebay and and best part £50 to get a decent one myself >:-(

I have a foam/fabric imitation leather effect type one that is spare now. It looks 'ok' from a distance, but if liable to boil your brain in the sun and blow away at the first gust of wind though.
    If anybody is desperate for something above nothing though, shout and I'll bring it along.
  35. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

Awesome costume sorted here... one of the advantages of having contacts in the theatre world, so come Saturday, you can call me "Admiral" :D

Also, there's a spare pirate cap around (like this), if anyone wants to borrow it.
  36. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

I'm resorting to a PotC pirate bandana... damn you party shops :'(
  37. Re: June 20 - London England - Protest

38. afternon Member

YouTube - I've Just Cum