Customize

June 20 - London England - Protest

Discussion in 'Europe' started by garlic, May 16, 2009.

?

What date would you like the June protest to take place on?

Poll closed May 30, 2009.
June 6 4 vote(s) 8.2%
June 13 15 vote(s) 30.6%
June 20 30 vote(s) 61.2%
  1. Anonymous Member

2. Spangly Member

re: June 20 - London England - Protest

Erm, what cable?

Something like this? (also in 3 and 5 metre lengths).
  3. Namenlos Member

The one I asked you about before the last raid for outputting music from MP3 playah to megaphone (and anon who said he would bring said cable didn't materialize).
    Yah I think that's the one :3

Edit~ Damn that's so cheap. Bought it :)
  4. XanonX Member

haha, he did bring it, he just gave it to another anon:p
  5. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

Protip: You can buy a cable on the day from Maplin on TCR. Shouldn't cost you more than a couple of quid at the most
  6. Spangly Member

I would recommend Maplin for on-the-day cable-emergencies only. They are significantly more expensive than Cablestar or other ebay sellers.
  7. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

right, wasnt really sure were to post this so here will have to do.
    was up in loldon today, photographying stuff and i ended up down by QVS (not really sure how but hey). wandered down to the cult and there wasnt much happening apart from people using the outside as a taxi rink. so thaught, oh well and wandered down to the millenium bridge. half way across i found these two flyering the public.

DSC00208.jpg
    DSC00210.jpg

went past em, got given this.

lovetest.jpg

then proceeded to troll them about the recent french publicity at which point they kinda ignored me.

im sure we can make something... interesting as a response.

and that is todays story children....
    (sorry about the photos, they wouldnt stay still)
  8. basil Member

Not seen that flyer before, although they forgot to list "free wallet emptying".

I asked a scifag on TCR about the French fraud trial at the weekend, and she too claimed to know nothing about it.

Flyering on the millennium bridge eh? I trust someone is checking whether that's permitted.
  9. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

dont look at me, wouldnt even know where to start...
  10. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

Yes, that relationship tech must work. Just look at Tom Cruise.

But seriously, what an absurd flier. Someone with shooping skills should get onto a counterflier immediately, maybe with images of people looking miserable and talk about the amount of debt it gets you into?
  11. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

depending on what im up to tomoro, i might shoop up a counterflyer for june raids. talk about how it rips apart families and stuff.

front
    'imagine if you could get rid of the negative things causing problems in your relationship.'
    back
    'disone your family. all relationship problems solved'

that kinda thing
  12. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

right, in planning for tomoro's shooping...

front
    'Imagine if you could get rid of the negative things causing problems in your relationship'

back
    'FREE personalilty and IQ testing'
    'Did you know that a difference in specific personallity traits could be at the root of your reltionship problems?'
    'We offer free intelligence and personality test with no obligation. Come in and find out more aout your IQ, personality and aptitude and how they can affect your relationship.'
    'This card entitles you and your partner to 3 free test each.'

/b/lack up required! i need replacements for all these, the more lulzy the better. the more relevent to the original the better. anything that isnt filled in, ill improv.
  13. Spangly Member

erm, "imagine you could get rid of all that heavy money in your wallet"

"free personality and IQ removal" (it makes you a brainwashed halfwit, after all...)
  14. AnotherSock Member

That first $cilon you photographed... I thought you'd shooped him, and given him a giant, moronic head. Do human beings really look like that? (Well, maybe he's homo novus.) Seriously, though, would you want to accept a leaflet from a dodgy-looking pervert like that?

At least the other one doesn't dress like an undertaker. (But with a red tie... all set for when he wakes up and becomes an Anon!)
  15. Anonymous Member

RELATIONSHIPTECH.png

Template for people to play with.

I think the "Disown your friends and family!" etc idea was good, if someone can get appropriate fonts. I was also thinking of leaving the bottom section for urls and GET INFORMED or something like that.
  16. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

Here's what I've been doing

17. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

right, been kinda busy today but this is the first shoop of it. made it from scratch and havent been able to find their font yet, but i will.

lovecounterfull.jpg

anything that need editing let me know/better ideas for the text.
  18. Anonymous Member

Nothing personal, but just a few comments on that flier: the various bits of text don't necessarily correspond to each other which, in my opinion, makes it read a bit jumbled. For example: the text with the pictures talks about loss of money and then moves on to personality tests and then mentions relationships and I think maybe sticking with one topic would be better, just create various versions of this leaflet.

For example, "did you know [..] cause of relationship problems" could be changed to "life's" problems, and something like relationships could be left to another shoop.

Also, after the bit where it says minimum obligation might be good to mention the amount of money one would actually spend on the courses, just to ram home how much people are being conned out of.

And on a tiny, and slightly pedantic note: say "Scientology is not rather than "isn't" - it just reads a bit better :)
  19. Vinonymous Member

Sound advice if you ask me... but it is looking very good so far, keep it up.

Also, all who appreciate the large chunk of time we have between this raid and the last to sort stuff out, say aye... Because, personally, aye.
  20. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

none taken, thats why i was asking lol

ill work on it tomoro, got most the day free again and ive still got the template. ill probably mock up a few and post some thumbnail kinda things coz everything so far is big.

and yeah, i realised the 'isnt' bit, but only after id posted it on here lol

AYE! (even though i missed last ¬_¬)
  21. Namenlos Member

22. Anonymous Member

Aye! I too will help work on giving more suggestions for the fliers when I find the time, after I'm done moving..

I made up a rough flier about Psychology vs Psychiatry last week (one of the angles I'm personally interested in) but failing at photoshop I did it in Word and I was wondering if anyone could help me improve it in general, and put it into a better format for printing? I'll PM anyone who can.
  23. new guy Member

I saw this same flyer handed out at angel tube on friday picked one up
  24. Anonymous Member

25. fimoman Member

well, I'll go as usual. Probably bring less crap tho. Last time I had a hard time with a flag, banner, trollcannon, flyers and mask.

Cy'all there. And to the people going to Download, I say this:

YOU LUCKY BASTARDS
  26. Anonymous Member

Are confirmed for the 20th?
  27. deadeyedave Member

Could someone tell me what time everything is going to take place and where. This is going to be my first protest and I would love to know which is the closet tube stop as well. I am probably coming from wales so any one want to meet up? BY the way please don't privately message me as I have registered this to an e mail account and cant remember which one!
  28. basil Member

It's all in the very first post in this thread.
  29. Anonymous Member

Yeah that's got the most votes so that's the date we should go with. Those who cannot make the main raid can always miniraid the weekend before if they want to.
  30. Anonymous Member

miniraids 4tw
  31. new guy Member

welcome dead eye new guy here if you u need info just ask any anon and they will give all the the advice u need
  32. Anonychanous Member

I have to know is this definately going down on the 20th of June? Because i have gathered a bit of people (/b/tards) to go down to london but i have to give em the correct date. 20th june then? Usual Anom mask or disguise correcto?
  33. Anonymous Member

Yes.

Theme is pirates.
  34. deadeyedave Member

Thanks for the info new guy! Quick question are people meeting at St Paul's, just I dont know the way to go and it would be nice to follow some people down. Sorry I am a real newfag to all this!
  35. new guy Member

hi dead eye just logged on which raid do u want to go on if its the main raid we can met up and go together
  36. Spangly Member

If you want to prep yourself with maps for the walk from st pauls to the QVS org, this page has that sort of info.
  37. Anonymous Member

I would suggest you organise personal meets etc. via the personal message system. Not only for convinience of keeping the thread cleaner, but if you're a bit tin-foil it's also a good way to keep solid plans away from the prying eyes of the Scigoons.
  38. new guy Member

ok will do
  39. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

People who travel from outside the centre of London usually meet at locations like Waterloo and tube it together. However this is obviously inconvinient for some so I would suggest to anyone else that:
    -you go in at least a pair if you can
    -plan your route ahead, along with alternatives in mind because TFL always cock some shit up.
    -most people mask up as they get off the train, note that there may be Scis hovering around the main stations waiting for unmasked Anons

That's all I can think of to say really...