Customize

June 20 - London England - Protest

Discussion in 'Europe' started by garlic, May 16, 2009.

?

What date would you like the June protest to take place on?

Poll closed May 30, 2009.
June 6 4 vote(s) 8.2%
June 13 15 vote(s) 30.6%
June 20 30 vote(s) 61.2%
  1. basil Member

re: June 20 - London England - Protest

Usual procedure seems to be...

1) Hide inside
    2) Phone police with fraudulent claims.
    3) Get a bollocking from the plod, again, for calling them falsely.
    4) Come out, grab table, take it inside.
    5) Send someone out to take pictures and try and intimidate you.
    6) You leave, being sure you aren't being followed.
    7) They cower inside for a few more hours just in case you come back.

Just remember not to stand on their side of the road outside of the Org, as one of the conditions put on us by the police is that they stay on their side of the road, and we stay on the LomBok side. Whilst they could, theoretically, get you grief for being on their side of the road (although not if you're walking past masked up I think), it also means that if they come to the LomBok side to intimidate you, you do actually have grounds to call the police - but it's usually not worth it.

Remember that they have several security cameras on their side of the road so if they claim that you came into the Org and broke/destroyed/messed up anything, they should be able to provide video evidence to the police, which of course they won't have because we don't do silly things like that.

One anon for 5 minutes can cause the stress test table to hide for several hours at a time.

Always make a note of who is around the org before you start - age, gender, description etc - and make sure they're all accounted for before you leave as it gives less opportunity for someone to follow you.
  2. new guy Member

ok next week tuesday maybe but if u want to name the time and place i will be there
  3. XanonX Member

oh so is that why they never come over and question us? I would actually like to have an argument[conversation] with one of them.
  4. new guy Member

thanks thats the info i wanted i am new and was worried about making a mistake i will take your advice on board
  5. Anonymous Member

There WILL be a mini raid 1st weekend of June just waiting on Some-one to get back to me about something before i post informations
  6. new guy Member

got some flyers printed this week handed them out shouted a bit just very lucky we were on the right side of the road and not right outside the shop
  7. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

I'm up for a spot of miniraiding next week. Once I work out my agenda, I'll be more specific as to which days are good for me.

Also @ new guy: You're doing it right so far, but do lurk a lot. Read maybe 10 threads for every one you post in, don't be scared to ask for advice, and don't rush into shit. Remember that however wacky Scientology is, it's a big powerful organisation, and if you go off half cocked and give them an excuse to fuck with you, they will. It's just common sense; know what you want to achieve, what you want to say, and know your rights before you make a move. Hope this helps.
  8. new guy Member

i am up for that i want to get stuck in
  9. basil Member

Generally the only way you're going to be able to actually talk directly to them is unmasked - which, given the cameras at the org, is not a great idea. It's better to do this sort of thing at a stress test table somewhere else. Just don't be too confrontational, so they start taking pictures etc of you.

Personally I find it helpful to go through the whole routine and pretend to be interested in buying the book but sorry you don't have any cash on you so you'll see if you can find it on amazon or something, then make your excuses and leave.
  10. new guy Member

interesting we did go with the view of not being abusive but trying to get the message across
  11. new guy Member

interesting we certainly would not be abusive to people but i have a lot to learn thanks for the info got to go new guy
  12. XanonX Member

ah i see, yeah i was planning on doing the whole "yeah im interested" MAYBE take a test..im gonna go with a friend though.

YOU HEAR THAT OSA
  13. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

Personally, I favour playing dumb but asking awkward questions: "Scientology? No, I don't know much about that...oh wait, wasn't there something on South Park to do with dead aliens or something?" Or tell 'em you've been suffering from depression and your psychiatrist suggested you get involved with some kind of social activity ;)
  14. AnotherSock Member

Want $cilons to talk to you? Tell them you're just bumming around Europe for a year or two, until you decide what to do with your inheritance... :)

One of the old threads contains $cilon mobile phone numbers, if you need to give 'personal' details...
  15. XanonX Member

haha, i think it will be more like "so what are you all about?" and seem like i generaly care. What would happen if i asked Stephania if she spent the last few hours in her office to really goof the floof?
  16. XanonX Member

yeah that's all on the cult watch Scientology London site. Tbh i think i would just make a number, as id rather use that info we have on those people to help them rather than make matters worse.
  17. ZAnonk Member

I vote outside there hq but
    Give it a few moar hours people got to get there leave it to 1pm
  18. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

That's how it was up until last month, but QVS is quiet and boring on Saturday mornings. It's been mentioned more than once that it's more effective raiding there on weekdays or when there's a Scilon event on. I guess it's flexible, if QVS starts being worthwhile we'll probably stay there until 1 again.
  19. Vinonymous Member

People do have to get there yes, but it starting at 11 doesn't prohibit this does it? There isn't a grand opening ceremony which everyone has to be there for, it's literally just:

'Oh, hello, are you here to protest?'

'Why yes, yes I am.'

'Splendid effort, good chap. Shall we make our best effort to fuck. shit .up?'

'Word yo, thoroughly good idea!'

et cetera...

Also, QVS is always kinda dead anyway. I make my best effort to go, but you don't really miss any cult-bashing, and there's nowhere near enough foot traffic to drum up a lot of public interest or support. Top QVS moments are, Feb 10th; riot horses and epic panorama pic captioned 'Oh fuck; the internet is here' and also March raid; roof camera Scilon being 'turbulated by emphatic demands of 'Do a barrel roll!'

Far outweighed by TCR lulz, I think we shall all agree...

But yeah, turn up when you want, where you want... it's a free country, apparently. -shrug-
  20. new guy Member

hi there i am up for another raid but do not know how to follow a thread for planning will figure it out but thanks everyone for all the advice if someone plans a raid i will follow
  21. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

Myself and the IHM (legendary backpack-mounted trollcannon, for those who don't know) are confirmed for brawl. I refused to pay to go to the event, but this INFORM faggotry cannot go unanswered.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/121-flash-raids/london-23-may-cult-conference-46082/

See you there. Waterloo station, under the clock, 11:30am. Raid the outside of the event, then go trolling elsewhere
  22. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

If we're doing Sea Argh 2 next month, I suggest an anthem

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER

WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE
  23. XanonX Member

or this.

DUNDUNDUNDUN PIRATES LIFE FOR MEEE
  24. Anonymous Member

Tsk remember guys, this is NOT a rock concert.

...but /r/ more Alestorm.
  25. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

Or this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpAmOaK48-c]YouTube - You Don't Know Jack[/ame]
  26. Fuckeye Member

This.
  27. Vinonymous Member

Agree'd.

Long and tragic be the tale of The Curse o' Cap'n Morgan!
  28. Anonymous Member

pfft, it wasnt even rock, that was post-hardcore/metalcore;):p
  29. Anonymous Member

..I believe that was a reference to one of the plod's comments at TCR a couple of months ago. Were our local law enforcement officer better informed about ridiculous music subgenres, they would probably have told us it was not a post-hardcore-metalcore concert either.
  30. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

thanks mods for putting the raid info back into the first post

mods=gods etc.
  31. Namenlos Member

Is the global theme Sea Arrgh II next month?
  32. Anonymous Member

Pretty much, a lot of areas are doing it. Not quite "global" but widespread enough.
  33. Fuckeye Member

We did it already. That counts as part of the global.
  34. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

I just thought...Whatever happened to that huge ship banner that was made for the original Sea Arrgh?
  35. Gentlemen Member

I Be /ARR/ing this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlkx_cIqtE&feature=related]YouTube - Flogging Molly - Rebels of the Sacred Heart[/ame]
  36. Namenlos Member

Awesome, piratey clothes sorted, just need a nice big sword now...

Also,

37. Gentlemen Member

also;

also also;

38. re: June 20 - London England - Protest

Someone best be compiling all this music.
  39. Vinonymous Member

Aye.

But someone else better be compiling too... contingency and all that.
  40. Namenlos Member

On it.

(Just need that cable now... Spaaaangly?)