Customize

June 20 - Edmonton Alberta - Protest

Discussion in 'Canada' started by evilbut, Nov 17, 2008.

1. AlbertaAnon Member

Re: Edmonton, Alberta

Blah. I feel so lost without protests xD
  2. slainmouth Member

k just going to put this out their but april 4 a saturday, i want to get in on a protest
  3. Unnamed Member

The 4th of April?

Color Me In...
  4. BatteryAcid Member

I'm not in the country on April 4th, but if you end up having one then, take pics and report all lulz that are had.
  5. Unnamed Member

Any theme or are we just going to run with the usual code de dress?
  6. PaleBlueAnon Member

I'll go and bring my stereo.
  7. Re: Edmonton, Alberta

I'd like to suggest spring colors, flower prints and bunny ears. That would break up the depressing Edmonton winterness.
  8. BatteryAcid Member

The Citadel decided to use Guy Fawkes masks in their Wizard of Oz show.
    They totally brushed off my question at the talk back as to why they used the face of a man who tried to blow up British parliament and/or a group who protests scienlology a couple of blocks away from the building.
  9. Canadanhero Member

Seeing as how it's getting nicer outside now, maybe it'd be a good call to start planning???
  10. Re: Edmonton, Alberta

One should start to plan something. As this would be my first protest, I don't think it should be me. I would not know what to do other than bring mask,pamphlets and possibly a mega phone.
  11. Canadanhero Member

I agree, it'll be my first as well. There a good number of us here, we should do something soon. I do pictures and video if it means anything.
    Anyone in Edmonton know of any stores where I can get my Guy Fawkes?
  12. Havok Member

Is there an Edmonton Anon forum? I'm a few hours south of Edmonton, but I still might be able to help.
  13. Canadanhero Member

Who would be able to show up for a protest, realistically?
  14. thinkerbell Member

hey kids. I'm at the San Fran APA. Alberta Province ( along with Ontario) is activly recruiting for new shrinks on the convention exhibit floor. Shall I see what I can do be do be dooo?
  15. Havok Member

I might be able to. I'm 18, so I could make a day trip of it with some friends. I wouldn't come alone, though... I could mobilize maybe 3-4 others. I haven't talked to them about it, but they're into the whole internet culture thing (and they know Scientology is shit). My question would be: Would it be worth it driving two hours to Edmonton (plus two hours back) for one protest? I'm thinking we might do better by spreading some info/entheta around our hometown. No org here, but that doesn't we can't recruit moar people from the public or the college demographic.
  16. Anonymous Member

sup Alberta,

you guys have no group yet on Canadanon. I invite you guys to register and make one so we can brainstorm ideas and start doing something on a national level.

cheers,

anon
  17. Re: Edmonton, Alberta

Hey cool thinkerbell, saw you on the other thread, glad to see youre from up thisaway

Are you familiar with Dr. Steven Kent's work? Here's a link:
    Stephen Kent, Ph.D. - Scientology
    I've referred several many people to his work (he speaks the 'academics' language)

and YES, of course, enturbulate away, I saw Anons helped you get good pamphlet resources...

btw- I'm very curious as to whether you are an HR type going along on the recruit junket, or a clinician? (BUT DON'T ANSWER...anonymity and all). Its great that the protest brought you here however it all happened :)
  18. EdmontonAnon Member

Doctor Kent cannot associate with a group like Anonymous due to the fact that he has to remain a neutral third party source of information.

Wow. I leave for a couple months to sort some shit out and this place dies out? Shame on us. (Shame on me too for having to leave, but life happens).

So, anyone else left who'd be interested in getting the protests back up and running?
  19. RedSkull Member

We need these raids back up.

Shall we plan something for June? Then all go for beer?
  20. Canadanhero Member

Well I have another two or three for sure down to go, I can grab more (responsible) anon to come along.

I totally think it will be worth it.

And in regards to suggested a raid in June, I'm very down for that.
  21. RedSkull Member

June 20th is what im proposing. 10am. Churchhill Square.

Gather the troops.

Spread the word.

Unite.
  22. monkeyT Member

Re: June 20 - Edmonton Alberta - Protest

I agree with Redskull, June 20th is the way to go and after we should all go out for lulz and beer.
  23. Sraigux Member

This sounds like there are lulz to be had, i will try to meet up with my fellow anons
  24. Sraigux Member

Does anyone know where to obtain a guy fawkes mask in edmonton?
  25. BatteryAcid Member

June 20th could certainly work. I miss the Edmonton anons.
    SHOULD WE HAVE A THEME?!
    We could wear Santa hats since we never had the December protest due to the cold.

I'll be out of town on August 1st (OP: SUP DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE SCIENTOLOGY SO I PUT XENU IN YOUR RIDE SO YOU CAN ABSORB BODY THETANS WHILE YOU'RE ON CRUISE CONTROL) and in the desert so protests are either at night or not at all. Should be epic if you guys put it together, hope to see pics!
  26. RedSkull Member

Report?

I was unable to make it for 10am, i looked on at around noon... and saw the streets lay baron.

the battle call of Anon has lost its strength... we must organize
  27. EdmontonAnon Member

Really? I was there from 12 to 12 30 ish with the giant epic banner, and then I had to leave.

August 1st will be interesting though, I have some interesting things planned.
  28. RedSkull Member

Please bring me up to speed for august 1st
  29. The Lushster Member

I'd love to come to one. Pm me if you decide on another date.Do you think a weekday would be better? i.e more people around
  30. EdmSciH8 Member

Is August 1st the next one or is there going to be one earlier?
  31. 1605 Member

I'd like to know this, too. Thanks in advance.
  32. RedSkull Member

We can only assume that this is raid date. in that case; let us set forth. At Noon on August 1st...

Poster this city.
    Make them aware.

Let them expect us.

Unite.
  33. The Lushster Member

well Ive downloaded some fliers and I can print,copy and post them around....but I dont know that I can be in town that day. :(
  34. RedSkull Member

Do what you must Lushster.

We have a month.

Unite
  35. Swik Member

I can't make august 1st.
    I can only make it before july 28 or after aug 9th, the first probably better because I have 7 friends who want to come and all of them can come then.
  36. Swik Member

So July 25th sounds good?
    It's not much of a change and it'll provide us with many more anons.
  37. 1605 Member

I don't mind.
  38. Anonymous Member

it would make it easier for newcomers to find you if you started a new thread for each month.

and it would be a huge help to your cell if you had your own site, ning is used by many cells.
  39. RedSkull Member

August 25 is the new date.

I have a few anons who will be joining me aswell.

anyone started to spread the word aswell?
  40. RedSkull Member

Ps. who here is of drinking age and would like to go for beers after?