Customize

June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by 3rdMan, May 13, 2009.

1. 3rdMan Member

June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

Time: Noontime
    Place: Millennium Park

Navy Pier idea canceled because our application was bumped for another event.

See forum for details for more info on the monthly raid.

ATTENTION. RAID EXTENDED TO JUNE 14TH FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PROTEST IN BETTER WEATHER. THIS MAYBE SO FROM NOW ON SINCE OUR WEEKENDS HAVE VARIED IN GOOD AND BAD WEATHER. LET US KNOW ON THE FORUM IF YOU CAN MAKE IT FOR TOMORROW!
  2. re: June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

Not to hijack this or anything, but is there any chance we can just keep one thread (the Chicago Megathread) for all our protests? That way there's always things like a map and common Q&A in the 1st post. We can just tack protest-specific details onto the end. I will do a decent job of keeping the OP updated too.
  3. 3rdMan Member

re: June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

I don't know, keeping new events on new threads might work better, thus so OPs won't have to lurk through several pages to keep updated, IMO.
  4. rummychick99 Member

Are any of you going to the Notre Dame protests this weekend? There will be a lot of media attention with Obama's controversial speech. Prime targets for coerced abortions message.
  5. Anonymous Member

June 13 is all well and good, but why is Chicago so fail on its miniraids? It's like we're letting the OSA win.
  6. Anonymous Member

What is this "fail" you speak of?
  7. Anonymous Member

Missing the raid today in Oak Park, of course.
  8. Anonymous Member

This was a big graduation weekend or last finals week for a lot of people.
  9. Anonymous Member

OIC

Epic solo raid was still epic. Trufax, it would have been good to have had moar /b/ackup. Not everyone can make it out to every raid. Not being able make it to a raid shouldn't be seen as fail, but yeah those who have been missing out on too many raids lately may be forgetting the important roll that cake plays in a healthy, balanced diet. Moist delicious cake. We haz cake. And scilons to enturbulate. And pirates. Iz summer tiem nao faggots.

Also >9000 Internets for Xchidna!
  10. 3rdMan Member

Awesome if even a few to one Anons showed up. Looking forward to summer.
  11. re: June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

Thanks for the heads-up on what is probably a great idea. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we had the resources to muster up a roadtrip for that.

Hmm, I don't think it has anything to do with OSA. Have we seen them do anything in the past 6 months other than take pictures? If they wanna try more stuff, I think they run the risk of either feeding the trolls or making things personal and increasing their motivation.

Anyway, I like to think we've had some great miniraids lately. And anyone looking for more miniraid goodness is welcome to get in touch with me on the Chicago forums. It's gonna be a fun summer.

Yeah, it was too bad the Dianetics party couldn't get more attendance, but I think that was mostly an aberration stemming from bad luck, bad timing, and people (correctly, in my opinion) placing real-life priorities before Anon stuff. Props to those who did what they could. We'll pick it back up and be fine.
  12. 3rdMan Member

Update, getting signatures for the permission application will require we meet. I propose sometime on the 30-31st downtown to get signatures. I'm even willing to act as the liaison if you all want.
  13. re: June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

Im considering joining in this one and bring a few friends along for fun. Im just not sure what to expect from you guys so Im kind of weary... Do I have to come and sign up first or can I simply show up?
  14. Adanon Member

Expect pirates.

Ysoweary?

chicagosaysno.forumwww.com
  15. PenneNoodles Member

Just show up. That's it. Bring some signs or fliers if you want or we have some extras too for others to use.
  16. 3rdMan Member

In case there has been a misunderstanding, an idea has been proposed and seemingly supported to do this next protest at The Navy Pier instead of our usual place at Millenium park. This requires someone or some folk to sign an application to hold the event. I'm willing to sign under my alias but the the more sigs, the better. Recommend we use aliases for signatures, btw, like Robert Pulsen or David Mudkips. Better safe than sorry.
  17. Anonymous Member

Question: is this legal?
  18. Anonymous Member

"Somebody some day will say 'this is illegal'. By then be sure the orgs say what is legal or not." - L. Ron Hubbard
  19. Anonymous Member

Too bad that has nothing to do with my question.

I was just checking to make sure that signing with aliases would be still be accepted or would the people toss the petition once they got it.
  20. re: June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

Suppressive Crimes, have you had any luck figuring out what a raid is yet?

Honestly, I personally would rather do Millennium than Navy Pier. I have a feeling the latter might have a lot of kids, you know, families with children. That plus it being harder for me to get to makes me kinda lukewarm on the idea. I could be wrong, though; maybe I'm just being a stick-in-the-mud and Navy Pier would be great. I'm still game if everyone else still wants to do it.

Sorry, just not comfortable putting down a name (real or otherwise) on the protest application thing.
  21. re: June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

I am down for either one. Navy Pier would be good for the theme of this one however. I would be willing to meet up to sign at Navy Pier, if anyone else wants to meet up let me know.
  22. re: June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

I am down for either one really. Navy Pier would be good considering the theme of this one, but whatever. I am willing to put down a signature if we want to do the Pier. Let me know and we can work out a time to meet up.
  23. 3rdMan Member

The water towers are also crawling with children, as well as at the bean. Both places are parks, but the Navy Pier is a hang-out and shopping area. Plus I bike ride near the place a lot and people tend to hang there more than passerbies at Millenium. They tend to be on-the-go. Maybe the Navy Pier might attract a larger crowd? Who knows? But heck, its a pirate theme so why not raid the pier? ARRRR!

Me neither. And the legality is a good point for signatures. I'll check with the Navy Pier after memorial day and find out if information submitted to them isn't distributed or isn't applicable to the freedom of information act. But we used aliases during the Zoning meeting and nobody gave us hell then (except for the masks/sungalsses/hats). I am concerned with the contact info requirement. I am willing to submit contact info but I'll probably make it a throw-away cell phone for the weekend.
  24. 3rdMan Member

Navy Pier hasn't got back to me yet, but will hopefully next week.
  25. re: June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

I work in the city, so if you come up with a date that we have to sign by, let me know.
  26. 3rdMan Member

Finally got a callback and questions answered. Check your PMs at Chicagosaysno.
  27. 3rdMan Member

Application for the demonstration license has been turned in. Awaiting call back.
  28. 3rdMan Member

ATTENTION CHIFAGS! NAVY PIER BUMPED OFF OUR APPLICATION FOR ANOTHER EVENT! PROTEST HAPPENS AT MILLENIUM PARK AS USUAL! UNLESS SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT SUGGESTION!
  29. Silver Scream Member

I lived near Chicago, Illinos as a child. The Navy Pier sounds like a good plan to me! :D
  30. re: June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

Ha, we got bumped? Oh well. I'm pretty sure we should just do Millennium rather than trying to arrange something at the 11th hour and ending up with even more mass confusion than usual.

3rdman, any chance you could you could take the Navy Pier mention off the OP?

I have a feeling this is gonna be a really fun protest...

Might have to wait for another time... you saw the post above yours, right?
  31. Adanon Member

ic38l0.jpg
  32. re: June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

Balloon-sculpture swords for everybody!!!11

The grapevine also hints that we may have no fewer than TWO flags (a Jolly Roger and an Anon flag), music, assorted fun, and at least one epic pirate wench.

I'll be there at high noon (for our pirate showdown with the cowboys outside the salloon).
  33. 3rdMan Member

We're extended the rate date to the 14th because today the weather sux ballz. We're getting inches of rain here and our signs and fliers are soggy. Sunday is supposed to get better if people want to show for that.
  34. Re: June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

LETS DO THIS!!!!! I AM JUST WAITING TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE IS GOING, AND I WILL BE ON MY WAY. IM JUST SITTING HERE, BY MYSELF, WAITING........
  35. Re: June 13 & 14 - Chicago Illinois - Chicago Sea Arrrgh 2.0

I'd love to join in for a sequel today (Sunday the 14th), but I have a ton of work and real-life stuff to cram in before the week starts. Sorry.

If you're dying to get your protesting on before the next monthly, I'll probably miniraid at some point when real-life things calm down, so you're welcome to come with -- keep an eye on the forums.