Customize

June 10 - Halifax Surprise Poster Raid

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Anonymous, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

June 10 - Halifax Surprise Poster Raid

Nothing breaks up mid-week monotony than a stack of posters on a beautiful suppressive goldenrod decorating every utility pole around the Halifax Scientology mission.

THE ARRIVAL

The Scientology Mission in Halifax is open to public scientologists from 7p to 10p weekday evenings, so we (three raidfags) showed up at 6:30ish and started stapling away. Everything we could legally staple a WhoIsDavidMiscavige.com poster or card to we did. A smoking man at the pool hall across from the mission (who never kept us out of his sight the whole hour we were there) tried to get us to go on the Scientologist's property to staple a sign to their tree. This was an offer which we politely declined.

People passed us by and asked us who DM was, and we of course told them he was in charge of the Scientology cult which had a tentacle located just across the road. We handed out some whoisdm cards to those who wanted to play the home version of the enturbulation game.

THE SCIENTOLOGISTS

I saw three confirmed Scientologists: one ignored us completely as she walked into the mission; another one leaned out smiled at us from the doorway before she very creepily withdrew; and another one actually stopped to talk with us as he was arriving for his evening course.

This last one was a very amicable fellow, around mid-to-late 40s. He asked what we were doing and what was with the masks, so we gave him the whole spiel about Miscavige and Fair Game. He then told us he was a Scientologist. I said I was pleased to meet him and I appreciated him getting into comm with us. When I asked where he was on the bridge he said he was on the lower grades, not yet Clear, which was obvious by the fact he was wearing glasses.

He asked us if we had any personal experience with Scientology and I told him my experience with a cult severing my family apart and stories from those who have left Scientology. He was worried we were just engaging in hearsay, but he had quite the furrowed brow when we mentioned affidavits and lawsuits against Miscavige.

I tried to emphasize we weren't there to target him or any individual person within the mission but our concerns were directed towards the management, and that WhoIsDM has data I believe every Scientologist not just in Halifax but all over need to read. I told him I wasn't going to talk about upper level materials with him as I didn't want to upset his case, which he seemed to be pleased with. When I mentioned the names of recent blows -- Rathbun, Rinder, etc. -- he never heard of these people. Seems he has only been in for 7 years by his reckoning, which I used to demonstrate the insulation that low level public such as he has from the truly weird stuff that goes on in the cult at Golden Era.

One thing that really got his attention (which he commented on) was my command of the Scientology lingo. If you throw in simple things like "get into comm" and "ARC" and all the easy to remember basic stuff then you get a Scientologist's attention. He listened to me rather than just hearing my voice.

We ended our comm on a good note (or is that a high tone?) and I thanked him for it and I encouraged him to read the website.

THE DEPARTURE

At 7:30 we walked around the neighbourhood fully masked for a good 15 minutes to make sure we weren't being followed. We found our very fabian parking spot and went out for hookers and blow.

THE EPILOGUE

Driving by at 9:30 showed all posters were gone. The Scientologists had gone up the block and tore every last one of them down.

It's okay though. We have more.

THE PICTURES

My battery died and I can't find my charger so you're going to have to wait. We had two camerafags so the other might add them to this thread before I get to it, lawl. Also cocks.

END TRANSMISSION
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: June 10 - Halifax Surprise Poster Raid

you guys write good raid reports.well done
  3. moarxenu Member

This is awesome. Well done on the sci lingo tech. Glad to hear about scilon's furrowed brow.

There is a lot of potential in getting sciolons enturbulated about the lawsuits and human rights abuses. They don't know a lot of what goes on in Sea Org.

Continue for great justice.
  4. Anonymous Member

5. A.Non Hubbard Member

I wish I could have made it. :(
  6. Anony Maus Member

Yeah that looked like fun.
    I was stuck here at the house.
    My significant other had the car tonight... :/

Oh well, there is always the 21st! ^__^
  7. HellRazor Member

Nice work, Halifags!
  8. moxie Member

TY for entertaining description. <3 Down East.
    Great pics, too.
    The tacky "open" sign is a graceful flourish. Very churchy.
  9. Re: June 10 - Halifax Surprise Poster Raid

Halifax fags FTW :D ! makes me feel all warm an tingly inside thinking bout the 21th :)
  10. Sol Mann Member

Indeed the epic trolling continues! Grats to these intrepid raiders. I took am incredibly stoked for the 21th! :D
  11. Terl Member

Very interesting. I love reading this stuff and seeing your pix. I've been trying to get on your IRC but even with the explicit directions on facebook, it doesn't seem to be working for me. No idea why.

Anyway, more pix? vids? :) If someone who was there could PM me that would be awesome.
  12. Terl Member

delete...