Customize

[Jun 2, 2012] Orange County Ideal Org Opening!! (Santa Ana, CA)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Sam Urai, May 5, 2012.

1. Sam Urai Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Sources close to the Chief in Santa Anna tell me that it is safe to harass the scilons at their grand opening. We can use megaphones and piss on their parade. Hell we are thinking of fire works and guns to make as much noise as we can to disrupt their fucking event. The cops are on our side they hate the scientologists. The cops are afraid of Anonymous they won’t touch us, they can’t do a anything to us.

Mod edit: another crap post like this and you are permabanned. Consider yourself warned.
  3. Anonymous Member

wat
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

OSA Troll went off the rails!
  5. Diablo Member

who is showing up to this wonderful event?
  6. anon walker Moderator

Anyone from SD wanna go?
  7. Sam Urai Member

I've heard from a couple of people who are going as well as inviting others, so it looks like we should already have a few attendees. Of course, the moar, the merrier! And keep in mind, COB should be there!
  8. Diablo Member

COB should be there!

Yeah, but if he doesn't wear stilts no one will see him!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. zalgo Member

Yeah, but if we don't wear stilts no one will Com Ev him!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sam Urai Member

That never stopped TC!
  11. Zak McKracken Member

12. i'mglib Member

I heard the date might be pushed out. It seems they aren't ready, and the opening might be the beginning of June. Not positive though.
  13. Zak McKracken Member

14. xipe totec Member

SACRIFICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. anon walker Moderator

Central files aren't ready? I mean, stayin up all night at the org SOUNDS like fun on the video...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

17. i'mglib Member

I heard from someone who called that the street is not closed that day. About a week ago there was a permit to close...so it must have been moved. Verification in progress.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Sam Urai Member

Multiple sources confirm that the event has been postponeed - apparently due to the Scilons not having the $$$ they need to open their Ideal Org. Sux to be them!!
  19. Anonymous Member

Good, moar time to educate locals who HATE cult!
  20. Zak McKracken Member

21. CaringCitizen Member

I am there if this is still on! Do we park like a mile away or cab in from 2 miles away? I don't want those folks following me back to my car. Unless they are going to leave the church. Then I will put my "my child is a suppressive honor student and yours is in a cult" sticker on my car. =) I will keep and eye on this blog. Gracias anons!
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Please be cautious until the date is confirmed. Not a good idea to end up protesting alone. :)
    Learn from the vets about parking issues and exercising appropriate caution if anyone follows you back to your car, etc.
  23. Sam Urai Member

Well, here we have an email that the OC Org was sending out the day before the event was supposed to have taken place telling people that it was called off due to "unforeseen construction delays," which is code for "we haven't been able to raise enough money to open the place so expect a call from us soon begging you for more."

How ridiculous is that? Silly Scilons!!

[IMG]
    • Old Old x 1
  24. Sam Urai Member

I highly recommend watching this video for some great info on this. Basically, there are a number of strategies for ditching tails, such as using public transport, getting a taxi and one of the best, parking in a parking structure (of which there are several in close vicinity to the org). With the last, they will have a hard time following you into the structure without being "made," which makes it all that much easier to leave undetected, especially if you've been wearing a mask and they don't know what you look like.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

There are numerous paid parking structures right around the block. You can go up and down buildings and across. It is also a huge transport hub. That you can hop in and out of buses at will with a large crowd to hide in. Disguise is a bit difficult but you have good reason to wear a surgical mask on public transport if you have a cough, not that it's popular as in Asia.
  26. Anonymous Member

Does socal still have a decentral forum?

Or is WWP pretty much it?
  27. CaringCitizen Member

This was very helpful. Common sense wins again. I am already making my picket sign CALL YOUR MOM AND DAD THEY MISS YOU. Also - wiki leaks posted the OT papers...is there a legal way to put that on a picket sign? I want to make sure I do not violate any copyright laws. Wow very excited to exercise my rights!
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

It's virtually impossible to violate copyright law with anything you write on a sign.
    In fact, almost all of the relevant laws would be in the first amendment to the U.S. Constitution. :)

Putting the wikileak URL on a sign is fine.
    Putting the entire text of an OT level on a sign is fine too, but nobody will be able to read it because it will be far too small.

Printing out the text and making a bunch of copies and giving them away might be illegal, but it's one of those casual "infringement" acts that's never realistically punishable or enforceable. So, don't do it. :D
    Scientologists would neither notice, nor care.

However, if you happen to have an audio recording of L. Ron Hubbard himself, lecturing on "Incident 2" and the Xenu story, playing it for them it might make Scientologists upset and they might run away. If you are a kind and caring person, you wouldn't want to do that either. Anonymous aren't always kind or caring, however.

It is good to wear different clothing/accessories than you are accustomed to wearing normally.
    Different pair of shoes, or a different style of clothes, different backpack or purse. Paranoid actually carry another set of clothes that they change into just before/after a protest.

In the greater LA area the majority of Anons are not strictly "anonymous" for two reasons:
    A) over extended time most of them have been identified by Scientology's "Office of Special Affairs". (less likely to happen if you show up once or twice, more likely if you show up many times. More likely in Hollywood than elsewhere)

B) most Anons active in socal today were actually involved in protest before Anonymous, or were formerly Scientologists themselves, so their identity has never really been hidden from Scientology.

just FYI.
    You were correct in supposing that you live in or near the hornet's nest,
    but if you take reasonable precaution and are reasonably careful you should be fine.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Sam Urai Member

Previous poster is pretty spot on in the advice they gave you. Personally I like your idea for a sign that stressed connecting with family members. Posting an entire OT level is problematic for a number of reasons, copyright law not particularly being one of them (as this has been tested repeatedly by the courts and Scientology mostly being on the losing side of the law, though theoretically their OT levels are protected by copyright law).

The real issue is that it's an OMG wall of text, not particularly conducive to being placed on a sign. Many Anons have signs with Xenu.net on them, which serves the dual purpose of exposing a key element of the OT "scriptures" (that is, the existence of Xenu, the infamous galactic overlord) and directing Scientologists to a site that provides a substantial base of critical information.

Others have posted summaries of OT levels, such as "OT8: you mocked up your past lives!" However, these are likely not to be read, as Scientologists are trained to avoid exposure to upper level materials based on the possibility that the information can lead to pneumonia and other such silliness. Some consider these kinds of approaches to be an "attack" on their religion, which is one of the reasons I generally avoid using them. If I'm going to make a sign, I want everyone to read it, even granted the Scientologist's general tendency to avoid any critical information or statements. However, human nature is such that some of them will read a sign, particularly if it doesn't refer to information they've been counseled to avoid. And, of course, many, if not most Scientologists have "disconnected" from family members and your sign would serve to remind them of that.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. CaringCitizen Member

Thanks for all the feedback. I hope we get a good turnout. If anyone is in the hollywood area do you ever carpool or meet up at the same time as someone else? Do we get to wear the mask? OMG I am so sorry for all the questions- its just seriously my first ever doing something like this.
    I experienced the "church" after doing some college newspaper article where I took a few courses and snooped around. It is messed up in there. Its so controlling. And we all know there are so many family members "disconnected" people not taking medicine they NEED to take. I have never before in my life been passionate enough to protest something. This is it. I will make a xenu.net poster and the family poster.
    Even if they figure out who I am and all I am doing is protesting whats the worst they can do? I am learning so much for all your posts to me. I feel like such a baby!
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Anonymous Member

Meetup? Yeah, typically. Either at the cult site at a generally agreed time, or at one of the Metro stations near it, at a generally agreed time. If Metro, it'd probably be discussed in PM, and not posted in the forum.

Carpooling- generally only people who know each other beforehand. Unless you want a ride from these guys:
    [IMG]
    [/quote]

If you've got 'em, wear em.

If you don't, you'll have to hunt around for one, or improvise.

Anything that obscures your identity is good. Masks are fine, but tend to get sticky and uncomfortable. A bandanna or scarf, or or something creative, works too.
    The Guy Fawkes mask is classic, but if you've never tried wearing one for hours at a time..... bring a backup. A medical or dust mask works nice. Dark sunglasses too.
    One in awhile someone may bring a spare mask or two- but don't count on it.

Worst they can do is harass your family, your employers, harm your pet, or sue you.
    You'd have to be a pretty amazing protester to get THAT much attention, there are only a handful of Anons who have ever been so much of a threat.

If you're ID'd most likely: nothing at all.
    less likely: a scary letter from their attorneys that means nothing at all. "Cease and Desist" is not a lawsuit all it means is they want you to be afraid. Legally, worthless.
    more likely: they start aggressively trying to take pictures of you at a protest. Because even after people have been ID'ed they seem to think ID'ing them again will be even more intimidating.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  32. Zak McKracken Member

worst case scenario:
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  33. CaringCitizen Member

ahhhhh no squirrel busters! thanks for the education of whats on the battlefield ;)
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  34. anon walker Moderator

Yes, if you need any info, you can send a private message to any of the posters here not posting anonymously.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

^^^
    this.

And a poster who has "AvS Moderator" or other Moderator in their forum handle is more than likely
    a competent source of info. I would not say "trusted" source, as it is better not to invest too much trust
    until you know better what's what, but sending private message to Mods (or anyone who posting with their actual handle, instead of the "Reply Anonymously" button) is a good place to start.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

spot on
    • Like Like x 1
  38. failboat Member

This is lulzy. Our friend at the OC Weekly showed up for a no-raid, no-opening.

Dis(Ideal)organized: OC Scientology Again Delays Grand Opening at New Location

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  39. CaringCitizen Member

Does anyone have an idea how how many are attending? Also - I have been watching so many videos and stumbled upon the Larry Anderson/Tommy Davis recording. Does anyone know if Larry got his money back?
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Sam Urai Member

This thread was started in order to let people know about this event, as you can see, there haven't been a lot of confirmations here. That doesn't necessarily tell us everyone who is coming. Word is that we should have a decent turnout, though there's nothing wrong with being a little vague, as the Scilons monitor these threads and it's fun to keep 'em guessing.

I don't believe that Larrry Anderson has ever gotten his money back. At least I've never seen him announce it publicly.
    • Winner Winner x 2