Customize

July 5 - Montreal, Quebec - Flash flyering raid

Discussion in 'Canada' started by puck35, Jul 5, 2009.

1. puck35 Member

July 5 - Montreal, Quebec - Flash flyering raid

N. Ron Rubber and I put together a new bilingual flyer and we decided to debut it with a downtown flash raid. N. Ron, Anubis, SomeRandGuy, Major Boyle and I got together and staked out the corner of Mackay and Ste-Catherine (right near the Concordia library building where the CCHR debacle took place in April).

The flyering itself went well. Quite a few people knew we were from Anonymous and wished us well. We thought we had a bullbaiter in the form of some weird guy with a fanny pack who just lingered, smoking a cigarette. It could have just been a nutjob. We got video of him.

Some police cadets on foot patrol came by and asked us who we were and what we were doing. They told us that we were allowed to distribute flyers if they were political and/or religious in nature.

HOWEVER...

Later on, some asswipe from city maintenance (sanitation department) wearing an orange safety vest told us that in fact we were not allowed to flyer, that there was a borough by-law against it. (The city has several boroughs. Our monthly raids at the org are in a different borough than downtown.) We told him that the cops had said we could distribute flyers, but he said they were wrong and threatened to call "the inspector" (OH NOZE) to come and fine us $1000. Apparently, if people litter our flyers, it's our fault. (So do they fine McDonald's when people chuck their hamburger wrappers on the ground?) And yet, I see groups handing out flyers, pamphlets and tracts all the time. We're going to look into it.

Basically, he was a glorified garbageman with an attitude. It didn't really matter, though, because we had three flyers left out of about 500. Good timing. This counts as a WIN, and maybe we'll pick up some new Anons.

Video to come.
  2. RightOn Member

Re: July 5 - Montreal, Quebec - Flash flyering raid

Fabulous Montreal!!!
    I loooove me some Montreal!!
  3. AnubisMTL Member

Yeah, the goddamn ass-wipe was like ''La-la-la I gonna call the inspecTERMINATOR!!!eleventy. He's gonna fine you 1000$ plus 150$ per person fliering! La-la-la... You don't have the right to be here fliering.''

One line an anon said to him was, for me, priceless : ''So if someone spraypaint a graffiti on my house, I am intitled to sue the shop that sold to the guy the paint can?'' and the gargabe cockmongler said ''yes.'' I GONNA TAKE OUT MY NINJIT-SUE AGAINST YOU. The garbage dude was like, if people litter, it's our fault. Logic is for pussies

EDIT: One fact out of topic here needs to be explained here. Montreal is bat-shit crazy as for giving tickets to people. Worst, cops have a ticket quota to respect.
  4. Ogsonofgroo Member

Quebec Anons Rock Again!

Kudos & Respect!!

:)
  5. puck35 Member

I can handle being shut down by the cops, but by a trash collector? Good thing we were done anyway.

Oh yeah, at one point Anubis tried to explain OT 3 to a gaggle of not-quite-there girls. It was pretty hilarious. I got it on video.
  6. AnotherRIAnon Member

Good job guys. What are the laws regarding posting fliers around Montreal? I want to do a dox drop raid while I'm here.

baddudes3.jpg
  7. Major Boyle Member

We've gotten conflicting reports. Cops say we can flyer as long as it's not commercial materials (ie: political or religious is OK). Garbage Grandpa said he'd fine us $1K. I suspect that he simply didn't want to pick up papers that people might throw away. I don't see how some 70 year old geek is going to arrest anyone anyway. I mean there were 5 of us and 1 of him.
    If you're dropping stuff like YFTC then don't worry about it. You can always plead ignorance.
    Just remember that the majority of the city is french, but a lot of tourists are English speaking. So if you can have a blingual flyer, then do eet.
  8. N. Ron Rubber Member

You could be fine anyway on the basis that «no one is deemed to ignore the law».
  9. puck35 Member

Video!

10. BlooAnon Member

Well done! Great vid.

Yeah, we got a lot of people wanting our photograph on Canada Day too. We got a lot of attention with the masks for sure.

Keep it up!
  11. Django Member

[SIZE="5"]Did someone say "Montreal Delivers"?[/SIZE]

83ee4c5113ae7266dc4067121c442c913g.jpg
  12. puck35 Member

^^^
    LOVE IT.