Customize

July 18, 2009 Kitchener, Ontario Post Game

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kybo, Jul 18, 2009.

1. kybo Member

July 18, 2009 Kitchener, Ontario Post Game

First of all, I would like to apologize for being a little over an hour late. Thetans attacked me this week and gave me a cold (in JULY) that knocked out my sense of calendar. Luckily, I remembered a little after 11am today, and rushed myself and my chalk to the raid, where a good 5-9 members held strong against... very little.

Last month, we had been unable to protest right in front of the building due to construction, and so held our raid at the traffic lights in front of city hall. The construction was more or less done, with the pedestrian sidewalks open, but no car traffic. Oh well, plenty of pedestrians and a lovely new and much bigger sidewalk to protest on and write things with sidewalk chalk on. And write on it we did! We even dared across the street and wrote a few things around the entrance to the org. Which caused them to call the cops(?). Well, it caused one of them to show up at the door, talking into a cell phone, and soon after, two bicycle cops stopped by.

Unfortunately, I had to leave then and retreat to my sick bed. So what happened after that?
  2. Aoife Member

Re: July 18, 2009 Kitchener, Ontario Post Game

The cops came over and warned us to not block traffic in front of the building, and to pretty much just stay away from that side of the street. Also, apparently the businesses are responsible for the sidewalk in front of their building and they have to pay to clean the chalk off? In any case, they warned us to stay on our side of the street and left.
  3. masterbreti Member

good job anons in kitchner!
  4. Raeko Member

Cake was delicious!

(Almost as delicious as those bike cops ~_^)
  5. TinyDancer Member

I srsly respect the Kitchener anons. (You have so much snow in winter and you still enturbulate! Rawr)
  6. Re: July 18, 2009 Kitchener, Ontario Post Game

This is what I get for losing track of when the protests are by not checking on threads more often, by chance I was able to drive by in the anonymobile and literally 'rick roll' and stop by to say hi :)

Oh, funny thing - a week prior to that I was at the intersection of Frederick/Benton and King playing that song and a bike cop said "You know you're rocking out to Rick Astley right?" to which I replied yeah, it's a rickroll... look it up online :p
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

Playing RA in your car ? I was not aware that this type of dedication was expected from us.
  8. LordHuggy Member

I genuinely despise that song. Can we move on to something else from Whenever You Need Somebody yet? All of his tracks from that album sound the same anyway.
    Also, Aoife made a post! *applause*
  9. DeathHamster Member

In the new Freedom mag, they're claiming that Kitchener is about to have an Ideal Org, "planning or construction stage to open within the next 12 months."

Yeah, I can see how the present org is just busting at the seams...
  10. LordHuggy Member

I, using the power vested in me by the state of Fake-hio, declare myself Queen of the Ideal Org!