Customize

July 11 - London England - European Megaraid

Discussion in 'Europe' started by A-non-non-anon, Apr 11, 2009.

1. July 11 - London England - European Megaraid

Official planning thread.

London's hosting, Eurofags (and others) welcome to join in.

Official Unofficial schedule

megaraid-schedule.png

For raid co-ordination, use cell.phoenixhaven.net from your phone - A *chan-style imageboard optimised for Mobile Internet use

IRC - http://chanology.goodforum.net/London-Megaraid-Chat-h4.htm

Come for as long as you want/can - Miniraids and such can be organised, or you could just spend some time in the World's Capital. To justify the trip, spending a Long Weekend (at the very least) is recommended.

July 10 - Party Time

2mx3ne8.jpg

July 11 - Raiding in Central London

MEET 11AM, OPPOSITE THE CUT'S QUEEN VICTORIA STREET HQ

Bring something from your country to put into Gentlemen's mouth.

Side-Raids all day.

RUMOUR: We have reports that GAME in Oxford Street will be hosting the European launch of Battletoads that weekend. This version will have multiple-language options, so we need lots of different tongues to buy theirs

July 12 - East Grinstead & Saint Hill

A trip to the countryside, with local pubs and a Cult HQ

London is the world in one city, so feel free to bring native language signs/flyers/etc

Youth Hostelry is abundant in London, but any Anons offering or requesting floor space, PM me
  2. XanonX Member

re: July 11 - London England - European Megaraid

a theme of some kind?
  3. Anonymous Member

Transport: Fly there! It's very cheap to fly to Stanstead, and then bus into London from many european places (If you don't have a direct flight there, consider going to Hamburg some how first, they always have good deals on flights everywhere i think)

Accomodation: If you cannot get a place to stay with an anon for free, or just prefer to not stay with anons, then book a bed in a hostel. I was thinking some London Anon, or someone who has been to London before might be able to recommend a hostel, which we could then do a takeover on, so that the entire hostel would be filled with anons, which would make it fucking hilarious :D

A trip to saint hill would be awesome, since most EU-fags have come a long way to take part in this, I guess most of us will be staying for some days, and would be up to a part deuce.
    So what I suggest is that a trip is made there after the big thing on the 11th, for those of us still there. I dunno if Sunday the 11th would be too soon for people to rise and shine again, if so, one of the following weekdays could be used.
  4. re: July 11 - London England - European Megaraid

Count me fucking in ^^
  5. Namenlos Member

Likewise.
    Anyone traveling from the south let me know.
  6. re: July 11 - London England - European Megaraid

Also, Luton and London City Airport

Depends. We could make an afternoon , rather than a day, of it on the Sunday, give people time to recover...
  7. fimoman Member

Here's an idea for a theme:

Just plain noisiness. Just bring as many stereos, trollcannons, megaphones, amps, klaxons, drums, whistles, etc. as we can, and blast out the scilons with noise.

Not very clever or anything, but it would be bloody well effective.
  8. Anonymous Member

A better idea for a theme would be "Bare Faced Cheek".

Imagine hundreds of Anons descending on the London Orgs to protest. At a prearranged time, they all strip off and protest naked for say 5 minutes - whilst wearing masks to preserve identities of course!

Advantages:

1. Mega amounts of worldwide media publicity (see how much PETA got for their anti-fur campaign)

2. It's relatively warm in the UK then

3. Anonymity. Masks plus loads of foreign Anons means that no one will be identified. Bare your goods in safety ;)
  9. Namenlos Member

Remember to cover up your tattoos, kids!
  10. re: July 11 - London England - European Megaraid

Wall Of Sound has merit.

A better idea than mass Anonynekkidness, anyway...
  11. Anonymous Member

And shadow will need to cover up his rather large beer gut!
  12. XanonX Member

Excuse this huge moral faggy comment but i doubt that would go down so well with police.
  13. Battletoads Member

To be fair loads of Londonanons are a lot fatter than him.
  14. Elbynonamous Member

FUCK.

That's the week after I leave to go back to the states.

Oh well. I'll get with you guys for a miniraid. C:
  15. Battletoads Member

Mini raids tend to be more lulzy and they hurt the cult more, so it's win win on the moralfag/lulzfag scale.
  16. Nip Member

Wall of Sound can officially be classed as 'Disurbing the peace.' Unless, we can get this registered as a celebration welcoming Euro /b/rothers? You lose protest status though.
  17. Anonymous Member

If we can make the Wall of Sound a way of expressing ourselves (free speech stuff) then surely we must be allowed to do it.

A protest is basically a disturbance of the peace in its very essence, so I don't see why making noise should not be allowed, provided the poleez are informed beforehand...

i think it's a great idea, and we could moralfag it by saying we are making noise for all the people shut up by the cult over the years.

We're gonna be fucking heard, and they can't help but listen!
  18. fimoman Member

LOL, I had no idea anyone would take my idea seriously! Granted, we could get done in for disturbing the peace, but there is bound to be some special application we can apply for to be as loud as we want.

Maybe not stripping completely, but just all mooning the church. Like that scene in Braveheart.
  19. Anonymous Member

The nudity idea simply will not work, and will scare away a lot of people who would've otherwise attended the protest.

The noise idea is great, if poleez will allow it.

Anyone knows if we can be noisy at a protest?
  20. Anonymous Member

Of course we can be noisy at a protest
    G20 was noisy, and only one group of protesters were rowdy.
  21. Spangly Member

I'm not sure we'd get away with 100% FULL BLAST CRUISE_CONTROL levels of volume, but we have done link-ups of multiple PAs and boomboxen before to fairly good effect. If that's the plan, I'll take the relevant cables and splitters and suchlike along again.

Perhaps not actual nudity (due to risk of getting V&d, among other things), but maybe mankinis and other such atrocities may be in order?
  22. The Shadow Member

You'll have my .45s (metaphorically speaking)....will bring my modest trollcannon and some Faith4Finance DVDs.
  23. Gentlemen Member

Once again I state my approval of London as a venue for this event on the grounds that I don't have to do anything.
  24. Fuckeye Member

I state my disapproval for this date.
  25. Anonymous Member

Too bad, you should've voted harder then, vote was up for like a month, and we can't just sit around and wait, shit needs to be done, and a date has been chosen, cancel IRL and join the fuck up.

Anyways, I'm up for the noise idea, and linking boom boxes would be fucking epic! :D

And everyone should just make as much fucking noise as they can in general, attach your ipod speakers to your belt/put them in your backpack or something, and blast your music away while you sing and yell and blow a whiste or w/e.

This will make shielding scifags from our presence pretty hard :D
  26. Fuckeye Member

...and how does one person vote harder, short of sockpuppets?
  27. re: July 11 - London England - European Megaraid

Frenchfags and Germanons wanted a date so they could start planning.

July 11th was the clear winner, thus it became the Chosen Date
  28. Battletoads Member

^^this^^
  29. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  30. suz1948 Member

Count me in on the St. Hill raid, hopefully Bonnie will come too :) British Mum x
  31. Battletoads Member

Are there any scifag events on that weekend?
  32. The Shadow Member

St. Hill raid? I'm up for that, I'd like to see EpicStareGuy and New York Old Scilon again, if they're there. Old Scilon recognised my costume and gave me credit for it, nice guy!
  33. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  34. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  35. Damien Member

FUCK YEAH!!!!

MEGARAID IS MEGA
    ~ Me can fly from switzerland to england ~

MUST HAVE TO SHOOP DA WHOOP HARPOONZ
  36. Silent Member

Denmark might be representing as well ;)
  37. Mudflaps Member

If we do multiple raids (i.e. Londong and St. Benny Hill) are we talking about spending two or three days on things. Need to know for booking flights, accommodation etc. Also, themes?
  38. fimoman Member

i dunno bout the other raids, but you can count me in for the loldon raids
  39. re: July 11 - London England - European Megaraid

Yes. Likely schedule would be Loldon Orgs on Saturday, then Stain Hill on the Sunday, with added lulz in the period either side

Book at least a long weekend, longer if you have the time/money/etc. You'll have no trouble filling as much time as you can spend
  40. genoramix Member

ok so how many people will be there approximately?(just wondering...planning to go to London this summer, but due to work obligations i'm not sure i can be there at this date...so if epic stuff is to be expected...i might say fuck off to work obligations)