Customize

July 09 update - Motion for Summary Adjudication

Discussion in 'Marc Headley v. Church of Scientology Internationa' started by blownforgood, Jul 9, 2009.

1. blownforgood Member

July 09 update - Motion for Summary Adjudication

As some of you may or may not know, the ongoing labor lawsuit against CSI was removed to Federal Court by CSI and their attorneys. It is assumed that they did this to buy themselves some more time to wiggle their way out of this mess. It also appeared to be because the judge hearing my case in the State Supreme Court was the same one that handed them their asses in the Diskeeper case. So they hand to make a quick move. Of course, this all happened the same week they got sent the SP Times story weeks in advance of its publishing.

As it turns out, moving the case to federal court has slightly sped up the process and we will likely move much quicker through the back and forth now due to their actions.

Upon being assigned to Federal Court, the Judge that the case was to be heard by just happened to be an attorney that by used to be a partner in a firm that used to represent CSI. Shortly after the case was assigned to her, she reclused herself and the case is now assigned to a different Federal judge.

Yesterday, we filed a Motion for Summary Adjudication that I was an employee for the 15 years that I was employed by CSI. If this is ruled on in our favor, we can move on to establishing which laws were broken and adjudicate the proper remedies.

If anything else comes up, I will let you know.

Dox below.

Until next time...

BFG

Three more documents in the case are now filed and can be seen here:

Motion for Summary Adjudication - Fullscreen

Motion for Summary Adjudication - Declaration - Fullscreen

Motion for Summary Adjudication - Memorandum - Fullscreen
  2. AnotherMrPink Member

re: July 09 update - Motion for Summary Adjudication

Thank you for update.

Glad to see Federal Judge realised she should not judge the case. Respect there.
  3. LilDebbie Member

any info on the new judge?
  4. ElenaP Member

Thank you BFG!!! Keep it coming!
  5. Skeptic1337 Member

6. Anon1720 Member

^^this.
  7. muldrake Member

Judge Margaret M. Morrow was also Reed Slatkin's sentencing judge.

I suppose one of the parties actually being Scientology makes a better case for recusal than in the Slatkin case, where she did not recuse herself (and threw the book at Slatkin).
  8. Anonymous Member

That's a sign that scilons will be having a hard time.
  9. nightfire Member

Yeay for faster trial! Yeay for honest judges!
  10. q_p Member

I had always thought they moved the trial so they could get it under a scilon friendly judge. The fact that this happened reinforces that belief but I'm thankful she thought about the consequences of her scilon connection down the road and acted accordingly.

It makes me wonder if Miscavige is angry that she wouldn't take the case? Was she their ace up their sleeve? Did she throw a wrench in his plans? And then she thought better of it and ducked the case? I hope that's what happened. Ooooo puuuullllleeeeezzzzzz let that be the case.
  11. exOT8Michael Member

Excellent update, thanks BFG.
    Has there been any further harassment or fair game?
    M
  12. moarxenu Member

Marc's declaration is amazing in its detailing of his work to produce propaganda for Hubbard's non-religious sci fi stuff. That is so damning, as is the detailing of CSI keeping track on working hours and pay. Very odd behavior for a religious order.

Memorandum is put together nicely: lol "The law of the land trumps the musings of L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology's founder, on the treatment of employees."

Masterfully done. I am wondering if anyone turned up a copy of "Declaration of Religious Commitment and Membership in the Sea Organization, a Scientology Religious Order" as asked for in this thread.

This is is interesting and seems relevant. Did Marc sign one of these?

13. chrisanon Member

Thanks for the update! Seems like lately, everything the Scilons do to help themselves backfires ... I'd like to think Anon has something to do with that.
  14. OTBT Member

Not yet. It certainly seems relevant to Marc's lawsuit.
  15. Avery1 Member

Wunderbar! Thanks for the update Marc.
  16. fitch2000 Member

God Speed or Xenu w/e
  17. anonhuff Member

FOIA it based off of this:

http://www.exposescientology.com/visadox/051110_NOV102005_02C1101.pdf

In fact here let me make it even easier for anyone interested:

instructions on how to file a FOIA request (must be in writing):
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

here is even the form and instructions for the form, that you can fill out along with/as your request to make things more bureaucratic (government lol):
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I may or may not have already done this, never assume anyone else has, do it yourself if you want to be sure!
  18. Anonymous Member

19. Ann O'Nymous Member

Thanks and good luck !
  20. Lorelei Member

I particularly liked the nice turns of phrase on page 10 of the Memo., and Marc's Declaration (in full).

Well done!!
  21. Lorelei Member

Crapcakes! Server cloned my post again.

>.<
  22. Anonymous Member

Is there a scilon volunteer time card / punch card for religious tax-free religious-order purposes? Or are rice and beans considered tax-free wages nowadays?
  23. Anonymous Member

Re: July 09 update - Motion for Summary Adjudication

I think scilons call this a W-2 Wage and Tax Statement.
  24. Anonymous Member

So what happened with blownforgood's motion? Do the scifags have to give him his back wages yet?
  25. Anonymous Member

26. JohnnyRUClear Member

Yep; no insta-win for Marc, so it's headed for trial.
  27. Kha Khan Member

The Court Order (need PACER account to access link) is below:
    This does NOT mean that BFG lost his case. What it means is that his attempt to have a specific issue determined in his favor prior to trial was denied. As a result, as of now that issue and all other issues will be decided at a trial before a jury.
  28. lulu belle Member

Scientology always loses jury trials.

They avoid them like the plague.
  29. Re: July 09 update - Motion for Summary Adjudication

So in other words, BFG won't be getting back wages, but everyone else will? Sweet...