Customize

Juliette Lewis on Getting suckered in to Co$ from Narconon

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by Sponge, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Sponge Member

Juliette Lewis on Getting suckered in to Co$ from Narconon

I thought this better placed here in the Narconon section rather than Celebrities since it is a citeable newsmedia source from someone well known that they got into scientology precisely as a consequence of Narconon.

Juliet Lewis interview
    Daily Telegraph (UK) 8th Nov 2010
    Juliet Lewis interview - Telegraph

• Like Like x 1
  2. RightOn Member

Re: Juliette Lewis on Getting suckered in to Co$ from Narconon

"Lewis has since become a Scientologist herself. 'Well, after that, you kinda go, "Oh, what a brilliant guy to come up with this so let's see what else he came up with."

I am confused.
    Wasn't she born into Scientology? Her father is actor Geoffrey Lewis. Big time COS member.
    So is she saying that she became a Scientologist only AFTER Narconon at age 22?

and she thinks Hubbard was brilliant. lol
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CuppyCake Member

Well, that or all the sources he stole his "religion" from lol.

This reminds me of her performance in "The Other Sister":

"A mentally retarded girl proves herself to be every bit as capable as her "perfect" sister when she moves into an apartment and begins going to college." - IMDB

Kinda like her vs. normal people. Although now I just feel like I am insulting mentally handicapped people. Even they must know better.
  4. Sponge Member

She was born June 21, 1973
    Her first scientology completions as recorded by TAS start at 1988 with some basic courses but don't really get regular until 1993 which puts her nearer to the time she did Narconon.
    Juliette Lewis - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project
    So yeah, she was well aware of scientology before Narconon because of her dad's involvement of course but the question is, being the "rebel" she makes herself out to be, would she have continued beyond those initial courses if she hadn't been "rescued" by Narconon?
    I suppose you could take it either way. i.e. She's selling scientology because narconon "works" or she's selling narconon because scientology "works"
  5. iaxiloll Member

Who is Juliette Lewis?
  6. Anonymous Member

Madame Stinky.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. RightOn Member

well, that puts her starting courses at age 15. With a five year gap before 1993. Who knows what she did in those five years. Sounds like she partied.
    And at 1993 she was 20. Two years before Narconon. So I think she already was pretty much brainwashed BEFORE Narconon. IMO

She is trying to make it seem like Narconon was her first introduction to Hubbard and that being a Scientologist came after that. I call a big ol' fat lie. IMO

Of course she is such a ditz, maybe that is the way she remembered it and forgot ALL about dear old Dad being a card carrying COS member... yeah right
  8. Sponge Member

Maybe it took her 2 years to wash said brains. They were probably quite skanky ;)
  9. LocalSP Member

I'm betting that she was not that hardcore of a substance abuser.
  10. RightOn Member

well they should have taught her to wash her pits then too.
    Some people have said she can knock a buzzard off a shit wagon with the lovely odors that waft off her
  11. AnonyVix Member

According to the same article she "divorced" her parents when she was 14:

In the same article quoting Lewis.

No dear of course you don't. Notice this "questioning" was instilled by her dad.
  12. RightOn Member

HA! that is a riot Vix!

"religion, cops, doctors, schools"
    some of the things COS rails against unless of course they are using them to their advantage
  13. eddieVroom Member

Richard Simmons in drag.
  14. RightOn Member

VERY big insult to Richard lol
  15. Re: Juliette Lewis on Getting suckered in to Co$ from Narconon

Narconon has a 73% success rate...on people who are already scientologists!

For the rest of us it does fuck all.
  16. TheDerpster Member

17. Re: Juliette Lewis on Getting suckered in to Co$ from Narconon

I'm honored, now I want my prize. I'll take a lifesize plush pedobear for my furrylove collection. Thx,bai.
  18. TheDerpster Member

Your pedobear is on the way, he is lifesized and very realistic... a little too realistic :eek: Lulz
  19. Anonymous Member

So she became a druggie AFTER being a Scientologist?

So Scientology can't keep you from STARTING drugs, but it can cure addiction?
  20. Smurf Member

Her entire family are Scilons. And Juliette is a liar. She is VERY well known in the ranks as being a revert. She has repeatedly been in & out of Narconon's outpatient facility in Clearwater.
  21. Re: Juliette Lewis on Getting suckered in to Co$ from Narconon

About 80 percent of the kids I grew up with in Scientology used drugs and alcohol at some point. There was a group of about 20 kids that had gone to the Mace Kingsley and Larry Dennison schools, that hung around the complex pimping beer and Boone's Farm from the liquor store down the street. Right under their noses.
  22. Anonymous Member

I saw JL 5 years ago in Hamburg Germany in a tiny basement club, the Kaiserkeller a club the Beatles made famous 50 years ago. she was in town with her band.

She was pounding shots and reeked of BO and was loud and obnoxious and a mooch.

so much for the wonders of Narconon.
  23. Anonymous Member

24. Anonymous Member

EVERYTHING works when your ass is kissed
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. RightOn Member

not true.
    lots of people kiss DM's ass and there is a WHOLE lot of things not working right now lol
  26. CuppyCake Member

My ex grew up in the church, and his parents were COMPLETE Scio-philes. He was one of the most fucked-up people I have ever met. Him and all his friends had done every drug I had ever heard of, and even some I never knew existed all by the time they were 15. By 18 he had already gone to Narcanon, but he was so severely alcoholic, and it took me close to no time to figure that out (he downed a 2-year-old bottle of peach schnapps I had forgotten about while I was at work one day). The day we broke up, he had tried to kill me.

I have not met one well-adjusted Scio kid. This one old roomie of mine, also born in to the church, stole my credit card one day and went on a shopping spree at the mall. That was a fun time... I bought her a ticked to go on vacation, and new lingere. I'm such a giving person. >.>
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

Although it's great of you to share your stories, they may be TMI.
    Best to keep your personal life out of posts unless you are already namefagged. It may be easy for someone you once knew to figure out who you are.
    Just a precaution
  28. CuppyCake Member

Nah, already been outted once (IP traced), but really... didn't say enough here to make it obvious enough. Plus I didn't say when/where certain things happened to make it more obvious. No worries. I said more back then, and they only got me based on the trace.

I appreciate the concern though. (Sincere)
  29. Anonymous Member

;)
  30. Django Member

What a lousy ear. She's 4 beats off the chord progression, can't hear it, the guitar player adjusts to her. What a pro....
  31. anonhuff Member

This person:
    juliettelewis01.jpg

Or this person:
    juliettelewis02.jpg
  32. Re: Juliette Lewis on Getting suckered in to Co$ from Narconon

yah, dat1 ^^^^

Hubbard's "secular" Narconon program is perhaps the most harmful scam Scientology engages in.

The average cost is close to 30 grand with bogus promises and lying claims of over 70 to 80 percent success rates which gives many families false hope and many are pressured into maxing all credit cards and resources to "save" the addict.

Scientology, i mean Narconon (like there's a difference) backtrack and claim over 70 percent of their "graduates" consisting of those who join Scientology after buying into the controlling techniques for the most part. Another lie.

Many find out after it's too late that Narconon consists of nothing but Hubbard's crazyass Scientology courses and the medically dangerous purification program consisting of 5 hour daily sessions in a sauna for weeks on end and ridiculous overdoses of niacin and other vitamins.

It's a disgrace that this program advertizes these outrageous success rates and continues the scam, the actual success rate is a lot closer to 15 percent of the total number of clients who enter and pay for the bogus program.

30 grand for Hubbard's quackery is usually the last hope for the many addicts who are booted out, quit, etc. Good luck getting money back from these vultures and their empty promises, all blame goes on the addict, families disown em, easy money for these fuckers.

They're the authorities on drug abuse according to Tom Cruise who also happens to know the history of psychiatry and is an authority on the mind even though he's lost his own.

33. Anonymous Member

A report on Narconon for the Department of Health in California described the mega-doses of vitamins as "hazardous" and "in some cases lethal". Prof. Michael Ryan, a pharmacologist at University College Dublin, told a 2003 court case that the Purification Rundown is scientifically unverified and medically unsafe.

The County Court of Dijon, in a judgement of January 9, 1987 (No 118-87),
    condemned the assistant-director of the Narconon center of
    Grangey-sur-Ource for lack of assistance to a person in danger. This
    center, created by the Church of Scientology, proposes cures of
    detoxication by applying the methods of Ron Hubbard, namely the
    "purification rundown", based mainly on several hours of sauna per day,
    "auditing" and a significant absorption of vitamins. In this case, the
    victim was a long time epileptic and had been addressed to this
    organization because she wished "to be released from the drugs". The
    center, without preliminary medical examination, placed her in a room of
    "weaning". However, the medical expertise showed that the death was due
    to "a state of epileptic seizures due to the absence of sufficient
    handling in its beginning and emergency treatment during the seizures."
    The judgement does not leave any doubt about the responsibility of the
    Center.
  34. ultrapoet Member

Wait, a Scientologist lied about something to make Scientology look more effective than it actually was? Do we have any other examples of this sort of thi-- oh, WAIT.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  35. JohnnyRUClear Member

And 23 years later, here they still are.
  36. Anonymous Member

It was very painful to hear and I almost left but then I remembered the drinks were free.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  37. Geoffrey Lewis and his wife gave up a daughter for adoption...then had 6 creeps they turned into scintologist slave kids...nice guy
  38. Anonymous Member

Hmph. Please do tell more.
  39. Anonymous Member

Seriously?
  40. Mr. Magoo Member

I wonder if that first daughter has any idea how lucky she is to have escaped scientology hell. What a gift they gave that girl. Too bad they didn't give up the other six.