Customize

Julian Assange What's next?

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Jun 8, 2012.

1. 00anon00 Member

Wow! I've been to Ecuador too! Yay! You and me, we know ALL about Ecuador now!
  2. I don't understand how this guy is a coward, I think he has good reason to be scared. Yeah, he made some bad choices but coward? The guy helped fight the good fight against lying, theiving bastards everywhere. That's not cowardly.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. whosit Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. State control of information and the ability to manipulate it makes the right to vote largely meaningless. That is why people like Julian Assange are so essential to democratic choice.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

The elites are pissed at Julian Assange because he made it plain to anyone who can understand English that their contrived "democracy" is a fucking sham.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

And, let's not forget the huge number of torrents of scilon cult data - massive leaks! All remain online at this moment.
  7. Anonymous Member

American "patriots" who think Assange should be punished are blind or in on the injustices.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

Hella lot of faggotry in this thread. Gives a fuck if you fags went to Equador???
  9. Anonymous Member

Faggotry imported from ESMB. Ignore.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

Hi, OSA.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

No u
  12. Anonymous Member

I posted my opinion of why I thought that Correa, without really thinking beyond poking the U.S. with a sharp stick, had offered Assange asylum in Ecuador. I also stated that I didn't think Ecuador would go through with it and risk pissing off the international diplomatic community (not just the U.S.) for the sake of a guy who is losing credibility by the day. My opinion was based on what I have learned from the mainstream media as well as the "tinfoil & paranoia" sources.

Instead of a reasoned discourse I received responses that were infantile beyond all expectations. It really is no wonder that few folks want to post here any more. I read the entire thread before I posted and I can only conclude that while you can read, you're a little weak on comprehension. Go back and read the articles again and pay close attention to who is being quoted and how they said it. The use of terms like "allegedly" and "It has been reported (without a reference)" should raise big red flags. To claim that the leaked diplomatic e-mails have somehow "exposed the evil intentions of the U.S." is wishful thinking at best and has no substance in fact. Remember that the reason Correa is pissed at the U.S. is because the U.S. Ambassador to Ecuador stated in one of the leaked e-mails that Correa had knowingly appointed a corrupt official to be head of the Ecuadorian police. Correa didn't throw the U.S. Ambassador out because the U.S. was evil - he threw him out because Correa was embarrassed, thanks to Wikileaks. See how that works?

It should be clear to just about everyone by now that Julian Assange is basically a self-centered attention whore who doesn't care one whit about "freedom of information" except to the extent that it suits his purposes. I have no opinion on whether he's guilty of a crime under Swedish law or not, but he's a coward if he won't confront his accusers. Assange's assertion that he will be extradited from Sweden to the U.S. is only his excuse for not returning to Sweden to face up to his accusers. It has been pointed out by numerous commentators in the U.K. and elsewhere that the U.K.'s extradition laws are more lax than Sweden's and if the Americans wanted Julian they would have him by now. Despite the posturing of some U.S. politicians (Maxine Waters comes to mind) it also is not clear that Assange has committed a crime under U.S. law.

There may be some grown-ups on this board, but I haven't met one yet.
  13. Anonymous Member

14. Anonymous Member

elwood appears mental
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

SSRadio_-_crying_girl.jpg
  16. well case closed!
  17. Anonymous Member

Stick your expectations and your expectorations up your inbred ass.
  18. Anonymous Member

DOX or GTFO
    {LOL@"folks"}
    OST, better yet, just GTFO and DIAF
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

butthurt.jpg
  20. Anonymous Member

21. Anonymous Member

22. raboon Member

Next, Julian marries me and we live in the embassy forever in love.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. http://cryptome.org/2012/07/wikileaks-dry.htm

Wall Street Journal, July 18, 2012

WikiLeaks Nearly Out of Cash

By JEANNE WHALEN

WikiLeaks said it is close to running out of money, a problem the site blamed on Visa and MasterCard, which have prohibited users from donating to the site.

WikiLeaks' cash reserves have fallen from €800,000 ($983,600) in December 2010 to less than €100,000 at the end of June, the site said, adding that its funds would run out "within a few months" unless donations dramatically increase.

In the first six months of 2012, WikiLeaks said it spent €246,600 while collecting donations of just €32,800. According to a two-page financial report released by the German foundation that processes WikiLeaks' bills, in the first half of 2012 the site spent €20,000 on general and technical "infrastructure," €104,900 on "campaigns" and "external communications," €97,700 on logistics, €17,900 on legal advice and €6,100 on administration. - more at the link -
  24. HTTPS Member

quote="Robyn Banx, post: 2148609"]http://cryptome.org/2012/07/wikileaks-dry.htm

Wall Street Journal, July 18, 2012

WikiLeaks Nearly Out of Cash

By JEANNE WHALEN

WikiLeaks said it is close to running out of money, a problem the site blamed on Visa and MasterCard, which have prohibited users from donating to the site.

WikiLeaks' cash reserves have fallen from €800,000 ($983,600) in December 2010 to less than €100,000 at the end of June, the site said, adding that its funds would run out "within a few months" unless donations dramatically increase.
    [/quote]
    Anonymous needs YOU.
  25. Tourniquet Member

French nonprofit brings credit card donations back to WikiLeaks

By Stephen C. Webster
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 14:09 EDT

assange.afp_1.jpg
    Topics: credit cardcredit card donationsWikileaks

A French nonprofit group said Wednesday that it has established a fund enables the whistleblower website WikiLeaks to begin accepting credit card donations again for the first time in nearly two years.

The announcement comes just days after WikiLeaks partner Datacell won a key legal battle against the Icelandic credit card processing company Valitor, which had agreed in 2010 to cut off all payments to WikiLeaks. Although Valitor plans to appeal the judge’s decision, the outcome of that case might not matter to WikiLeaks.

Thanks to the assistance of the French nonprofit group Fonds de Défense de la Net Neutralité (Fund for the Defense of Net Neutrality, or FDNN), France’s Carte Bleue smart card system will provide a safe harbor for WikiLeaks donations from Visa and Mastercard holders.

“We beat them in Iceland and, by God, we’ll beat them in France as well,” WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said in prepared text. “Let them shut it down. Let them demonstrate to the world once again their corrupt pandering to Washington. We’re waiting. Our lawyers are waiting. The whole world is waiting. Do it.”

“Although the US government found that there were no lawful grounds to add WikiLeaks to a US financial blockade, the blockade of WikiLeaks continues,” FDNN explained on its website. “WikiLeaks requested FDNN’s assistance in fighting this blockade and FDNN agreed. FDNN uses the French national banking system, Carte Bleue, to process these payments, rather than using Visa and Mastercard directly. So, for the moment, whilst we are still able to run this, we are enabling the public to use their credit cards to donate to WikiLeaks.”

WikiLeaks also managed to reopen its access to PayPal by offering branded clothing and other “revenue-generating gifts,” with the help of a company called Spreadshirt. They’ve also begun selling WikiLeaks-themed music through CDBay.com.

WikiLeaks said it must raise more than €1 million as soon as possible or face being forced to shut down “within a few months.” A financial report (PDF) published on the website also showed that the company’s funds dropped below €100,000 at the end of June.

The bleeding began after five organizations — Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Western Union and Bank of America — all decided in unison to stop doing business with WikiLeaks, even though the site and its founder have not been charged with any crimes. The site was in the midst of publishing hundreds of thousands of secret U.S. diplomatic cables, allegedly given to them by a military whistleblower, but their capability to press on was called into question when more than 95 percent of their donations suddenly dried up.

Assange is currently wanted in Sweden for questioning on a charge of sexual assault, which he claims to be part of an attempt to jail him in a country friendly to U.S. extradition requests. He believes an American grand jury has issued a secret indictment for him that will only be unsealed once he’s on U.S. soil, which led him to request asylum from the Ecuadorian embassy in London. No decision has yet been made on his request.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/...ings-credit-card-donations-back-to-wikileaks/
    • Like Like x 3
  26. raboon Member

Yay now he can afford to buy me dinner too :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. Tourniquet Member

Wow, you must be a rather expensive date :D
  28. Anonymous Member

"Sex, Lies and Julian Assange", reported by Andrew Fowler and presented by Kerry O'Brien, goes to air on Monday 23rd July at 8.30pm on ABC1. It is replayed on Tuesday 24th July at 11.35pm. It can also be seen on ABC News 24 at 8.00pm Saturday, ABC iview and at 4 Corners.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

And you appear to be an asshole.
  30. Anonymous Member

Are we supposed to believe that these are the only avenues for getting funds to Wikileaks? If they aren't , then it would appear that very few give a crap about the future of the organization.
  31. Anonymous Member

divided-by-zero.com
  32. Anonymous Member

LOL look at his sources!
  33. Anonymous Member

If all you know about this shit is what you read on WWP, you are beyond pitiful. Ask your Mom to let you out of the basement once in a while to see what's going on in the real world. That bright light is the sun.
  34. Anonymous Member

And if all you know about this is what you read in divided by zero then i hope lightning strikes you in the ass.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

What, exactly are "ties".
  36. Anonymous Member

I think that in context, it means "connections."
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

http://wikileaks.spreadshirt.com/
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

http://www.plenglish.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=528268&Itemid=1
    Ecuador Evaluates Solidarity and Sovereign Solution to Assange
    Nothing new, moving slowly
  40. Anonymous Member