Customize

Julian Assange What's next?

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Herro Member

A varitey of groups. Many of the owners are notably to the right and obviously bristle at Corea's populist policies. But that's not the point- the point is that the government has been criticized for it's actions and policies towards free speech and freedom of the press. The Ecuadoran government seems to take the stance that any media outlet being critical of it is just some right wing group looking to foment revolution. I mean, Corea has referred to some of these media outlets as "coup instigators" after they criticized his handling of a violent police strike. Press without borders, which constructs a yearly index of press freedom, has dropped it's evaluation of Ecuador continuously since he was elected, and his policies are cited as the main reason for the decrease in that evaluation. Learning is fun!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Herro Member

According to him. Of course he can never produce anything other than self important conspiracy theories to say why he is in danger. But, whatever.
  3. rof Member

lol gb2gradskul
  4. Herro Member

LolJoeMauer

<3 4 LYFE!
  5. Anonymous Member

Document this assertion of yours.
  6. Yup...
    Its basically a big FUCK YOU MENG from Ecuador to the USA.
    Its really that black and white.
    I would not be surprised if he does not get asylum either, but Rafael Corrrea is crazy so you don't really know with him.
  7. Tourniquet Member

Correa is crazy like a fox.

Poor Herro.
  8. Herro Member

Read through the summaries here: http://en.rsf.org/ecuador.html. You will notice that Corea's go to assertion is that the people he tries to silence are just right wingers looking to undermine the government. The Assamge interview mentioned earlier also contains much of the same.
  9. Anonymous Member

BTW, the "news media" read: government mouthpieces and fearmongers of the US have the public totally misinformed or uninformed. Herro is a good example of one such pube.
  10. Herro Member

He's not crazy at all. He's a politician and he's highly intelligent. He knows that two of the biggest sources of his popular support are the recent improvements in the standard of living in Ecuador and, to a lesser but still significant extent, pushing for greater autonomy of Ecuador.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

News media world-over are owned by special-interests (wealthy). Try and buy a newspaper company sometime.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Herro Member

So governemnt mouthpieces misinforming people are bad in the US but good in Ecuador? Dont worry, I'll just ignore that hilarious lapse in logic.

More importantly, reporters without borders, the group that I cited, is a non governmental, French based organization. So, what about US fear mongers again?
  13. Herro Member

So then it's ok for governments to try and silence media outlets?
  14. Well he's is brilliant in that sense, I wont deny that. But in his zeal to show the USA hes not their bitch,or anyone else for that matter, he has been know to go a little batshit insane.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Herro Member

Sure, he goes overboard. But you have to remember that a lot of that is posturing, done for the cameras.
  16. No sweet heart, its all real.
    I was there last year when the Police tried to coup de tat his ass and the fucker went bat shitcrazy. He even set up a phone number for his supporters to call in and basically tattle on anyone they heard shit talking him or his policies.
  17. rof Member

Takes one to know one.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Herro Member

That's true, he did go a little nuts when that all went down.
  19. Anonymous Member

What it's OK for a government to do in a constitutional republic is covered in that country's duly ratified constitution.
    Also: what do your materials state?
    ;)
  20. Anonymous Member

Had that been what I said, I'd laugh [USER=2412]Me[/USER] along with you :)

Who pays their costs of living? Or are these all intrepid and peniless independent investigators?
  21. Anonymous Member

It's a man-thing, bb ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Show me a politician who doesn't try to make the best IHO pitch for their stance on-camera and I'll show you Hitler's mohel.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

Well, he probably know what the CIA do for a living.
  24. Anonymous Member

Get the Secret Service hookers and blow?
  25. Yeah, but you know what makes him almost untouchable by the US and it allies?
    That he doesn't give a flying fuck, just like Chavez and Castro.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  26. Also don't forget the fact the he threw a senior US ambassador to Ecuador out of the country for a cable that showed her criticizing him and his government.
  27. Herro Member

You mean who funds them? Well most of it comes from the sale of merchandise. After that the money comes from an assortment of private groups and they receive some money from the French government. And by the way, this is hardly the only organization that has been critical of Corea's policies towards the press and free speech. I've simply cited them because they are a respected group on these manners.
  28. Herro Member

All politicians posture, I agree.
  29. Anonymous Member

The days of CIA poking around in South America's business are well and truly numbered.

About time too.
  30. Herro Member

Oh I think you know better than that. All in the game baby, all in the game.
  31. Anonymous Member

I think you know no better than the shit-laced apple pie mom feeds you.

Assange = more of a man than you will ever be.

Nobody is falling for your act anymore, Herro.

It's stale. Fun while it lasted though, amirite?
  32. Herro Member

What act?
  33. Anonymous Member

Actually, I've never heard Herro make more sense in one thread. I don't agree with it all, but it's probably due to his sources and biased education. Logical, if misinformed.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  34. Herro Member

Well, you should inform me. Help a brotha out.
  35. rof Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

As if you'd pay heed. No, you're alright, as is :)
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

38. Anonymous Member

"If WE do it, it's not illegal"
    Sounds awfully familiar.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

40. Anonymous Member

Metro Police trying so hard to save face...
    CHECK.