Customize

Julian Assange Spy Charges Imminent

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Julian Assange Spy Charges Imminent

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/julian-assange-lawyer-us-spy-charges-appear-imminent/19755528
  2. BusinessBecky Member

Re: Julian Assange Spy Charges Imminent

fify

3. Re: Julian Assange Spy Charges Imminent

I followed the link and got the message quoted below.

here's a link that works.
    WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange 'to be charged with spying by the US'
  4. Anonymous Member

Unfortunately, counting on the Constitution as a defense does not always end well:

Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  5. Re: Julian Assange Spy Charges Imminent

julianpowers.jpg
  6. Anonymous Member

Correct me if I am wrong here but I don't think espionage charges would have to do with the publishing of the information, they would have to do with how he obtained the information.

I don't know if that is going to make a difference but I don't think the 1st amendment would come into play . I don't really know the details of how Wiki Leaks got the information, I do know who else was involved, and he is sitting in solitary confinement right now.
  7. LocalSP Member

I'm curious as to why he hasn't been extradited to Sweden yet.
  8. Anonymous Member

He refused extradition.
  9. Anonymous Member

They said in an article it would be like 6 days or something I don't think that is out of the ordinary. (but it is off topic ITT)
  10. Re: Julian Assange Spy Charges Imminent

Because he knows he stuffed his cock into a sleeping woman unprotected by a condome wich she expressed she did not want.

Ergo: Julian acts like some small part of the 4channers short of publishing noods, the rest applauding it or lurking.
  11. Anonymous Member

IANAL and I am not American - do First Amendment rights apply to non-Americans?
  12. Re: Julian Assange Spy Charges Imminent

We don't know he did it, he might have done it but people shouldn't go to prison for what they might have done, only for what's been proved.
  13. Re: Julian Assange Spy Charges Imminent

CNN's senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobins did note that it is the "how" at the heart of the matter. Toobins also noted that Assange may have a serious first amendment defense but that it was in no way a trump card.

On the 14th Assange will be asked by the British government to voluntarily return to Sweden (i.e., waive extradition). If Assange refuses (i.e., does not waive extradition) the British government will begin extradition hearings and set a schedule at that time.

Yes. If the U.S. constitution would apply to an American in a given circumstance then it would also apply equally to a non-American.
  14. Anonymous Member

The US government or should I say their Banker Masters are running scared by the information that Julian Assange has found out about them. I find it ironic that the persecution started after he claimed to have damaging evidence about a large US bank that was to be made public next year. Nothing like this happened last July when wikileaks first made military secrets public. Right now the powers that be have to squash him as an example to others who might try the same thing. Fear and intimidation are the tools they use. We must keep the internet free at all costs. Julian Assange is a true patriot!
  15. Anonymous Member

You left out the Zionist Masters and Big Pharma Masters.
  16. Anonymous Member

They are all the intertwined, different heads of the same beast!
  17. Anonymous Member