Customize

[Jul 3, 2011] Anonymous vs Scientology Rally (Ontario, Canada)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Durham_Anon1, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Durham_Anon1 Member

It's the 2011 Pride parade in Toronto, hope to get some Anons out to raid the stress test tables and flyer around the org. Let's enlighten the gay community on the Co$'s wonderful views on homosexuality.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AnonAtomBomb Member

I can make it, but later in the day. Since It's all week, we may get a better turn out on the 25th.
  3. HellRazor Member

4. HellRazor Member

• Like Like x 4
  5. Durham_Anon1 Member

25th is the saturday, I thought saturday was the 24th...my bad. changing the date
  6. Durham_Anon1 Member

i actually may be late for this because of work but i will be there
  7. Durham_Anon1 Member

So 2 man raid? Or cancel?
  8. ScnTO2 Member

Cancel.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ersatz Global Moderator

This thread is specifically for planning purposes. Sad little derails will not be tolerated.
  10. Ersatz. Member

Cancel.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. lostatsea Member

2 man raid. 2 is enough. One would even be enough, if not for the safety issue.
  12. Ersatz. Member

Restore my banned account please.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Durham_Anon1 Member

Ya I believe in the buddy system, if Anonatombomb is still up for it i can meet him
  14. ScnTO2 Member

There was some early writings that appeared to be "anti-gay", stating that homosexuality was covertly hostile. But one must look at that in the context of the times. In the 1940s - 1950s most people in western countries did consider homosexuality to be a mental or even physical illness.

I do not have any knowledge or evidence of anti-homosexual actions taken by the church at any point, other than the few writings on the subject. It was pretty much left alone for many years.

Then in 1967 Hubbard issued a policy which reads, in part, "It has never been any part of my plans to regulate or to attempt to regulate the private lives of individuals. Whenever this has occurred, it has not resulted in any improved condition... Therefore all former rules, regulations and polices relating to the sexual activities of Scientologists are cancelled."

Hubbard later released a book about ethical behavior that was silent on the subject of homosexuality, and offered a gender-neutral ethical guidelines about being faithful to one's partner and avoiding promiscuity.

The Church of Scientology is a leading proponent for human rights for all people of earth as can be seen by their campaigns with Youth for Human Rights and the Citizens Commission on Human Rights.

In October 2009 a spokesperson of the Church of Scientology International put it this way:

"The church supports civil rights for everybody, regardless of sexual orientation, race, color or creed. We are a minority, too; we understand what it’s like to be persecuted, so to the extent that anything prohibits or inhibits on civil rights, we don’t agree with it.”

Look up: I'M HERE, I'M QUEER, I'M A SCIENTOLOGIST! WE'RE NOT A CULT! Keith Relkin, a gay Scientologist from West Hollywood
    • Like Like x 2
  15. anon8109 Member

Liar.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ScnTO2 Member

Ersatz is a German word literally meaning substitute or replacement.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. LocalSP Member

But Ron had supposedly lived many lifetimes and should have known when he wrote that, that it wasn't true. Surely during all of his studies during his many lifetimes he would have realized that. Thus proving Ronny boy was wrong.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. moarxenu Member

I can never tell if these things are from scilons or Herro keeping us honest.

In response one can point to the accounts given by gay defectors from the cult like Michael Pattinson and Allan Averay-Jones, who was outed as a teenager by Sea Org induction auditing, and thereafter subjected to 8-10 hours a night of reparative ex-gay therapy including interrogation with the e-meter lie detector.

Allan is now 23. Married as a teenager he has a daughter who is now 4. He posted his experiences in December 2009 here and in March 2010 here. He writes:

• Like Like x 3
  19. moarxenu Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

<3 <3 <3 Thank you, Moar! Sanity prevails where insanity invades.
  21. AnonAtomBomb Member

Damn it. My ride canceled. I can't come :/ I 16th is still on though. Good luck to you.
  22. Durham_Anon1 Member

Actual parade is on July 3rd so changing date. Also hoping to have more available, may be a good time to preflyer for the 16th as well
  23. DeathHamster Member

Note that police resources will be spread all over the parade. They won't be happy if they have to send people to the org--so make sure to remind them who called them and is wasting their time.
  24. Durham_Anon1 Member

This may be a lost cause (WTF torontofags) if not we should still try and preflyer for the 16th
  25. skeptic2girl Member

What a fabulous idea! I've always wanted to visit Toronto... please give more advance notice next time! :)

Be sure to report back and have a fanfagulous time!
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Durham_Anon1 Member

ugh i just keep re-watching that vid, it's making me sad that more people can't make it this sunday :(
    • Like Like x 1