Customize

[Jul 16, 2011] Anonymous vs Scientology Rally (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by AnonAtomBomb, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

We really need a "pre-raid" to get these posters up.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HellRazor Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Durham_Anon1 Member

ok I'm gonna try and touch on everything posted....
    yes, QR codes will be added to the last two posters, she already added four on the first one. a pre-raid would be great to get these posters up if anyone's interested or we all just print these out and post when we can, where we can. a craigslist posting is also not a bad idea, i've started a thread on chanology 2.5, any other sites we can advertise ?
  4. TorontosRoot Member

A pre-raid is not a bad idea, just need a date and time. Tomorrow is recovery, after a week of all-nighters (I'm a night rider, so that explains why), I'm going to be transitioning myself to the day riding for the MMVA's on sunday, a leisurely filming. So it'll have to be next week, or another day.

www.kijiji.ca is another classifieds site.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Durham_Anon1 Member

created a new event for Toronto Pride day
  6. TorontosRoot Member

When is pride day again? :S I never seem to keep track of these, I'm non-lgbt, eg. Straight. Lol
  7. Durham_Anon1 Member

the end of june, beginning of july, covers two weekends, the date i chose was for the first weekend
  8. DeathHamster Member

A suggestion: QR code encodes uppercase better, so that if the URL can be done in uppercase, it results in a simpler pattern with larger blocks.

tl;dr: If you SHOUT the url, it can be seen from further away.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Durham_Anon1 Member

event has been kijiji'd
  10. HellRazor Member

A few years ago, Toronto Anons made a kick-ass LGBT anti-CoS flyer. I'll try to find/upload it, unless someone from the hive beats me to it!
  11. anon_infm5 Member

Just a question...do toronto anons protest just Co$? Im asking because there are a lot of things that we could target (corrupt politicians, government lies, G20 investigation)

Maybe after the Co$ protest we can go after McGuinty for his role in the G20 (http://tinyurl.com/5wmdr5m)
  12. Anonymous Member

I raided with Vancouver Anons today and pitched the idea of the National protest day, July 16th/2011.

Vancouver Anons all said they were good-to-go with the date. It's on!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. anon_infm5 Member

This is good news :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TorontosRoot Member

Very good news! Yes, we could go after McG. He needs some words!
  15. HellRazor Member

• Like Like x 2
  16. ScnTO Member

Lets skip the Scientology protest...
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ScnTO Member

There was some early writings that appeared to be "anti-gay", stating that homosexuality was covertly hostile. But one must look at that in the context of the times. In the 1940s - 1950s most people in western countries did consider homosexuality to be a mental or even physical illness.

I do not have any knowledge or evidence of anti-homosexual actions taken by the church at any point, other than the few writings on the subject. It was pretty much left alone for many years.

Then in 1967 Hubbard issued a policy which reads, in part, "It has never been any part of my plans to regulate or to attempt to regulate the private lives of individuals. Whenever this has occurred, it has not resulted in any improved condition... Therefore all former rules, regulations and polices relating to the sexual activities of Scientologists are cancelled."

Hubbard later released a book about ethical behavior that was silent on the subject of homosexuality, and offered a gender-neutral ethical guidelines about being faithful to one's partner and avoiding promiscuity.

The Church of Scientology is a leading proponent for human rights for all people of earth as can be seen by their campaigns with Youth for Human Rights and the Citizens Commission on Human Rights.

In October 2009 a spokesperson of the Church of Scientology International put it this way:

"The church supports civil rights for everybody, regardless of sexual orientation, race, color or creed. We are a minority, too; we understand what it’s like to be persecuted, so to the extent that anything prohibits or inhibits on civil rights, we don’t agree with it.”

Look up: I'M HERE, I'M QUEER, I'M A SCIENTOLOGIST! WE'RE NOT A CULT! Keith Relkin, a gay Scientologist from West Hollywood
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

Hey ScnTO, here's some recent evidence, from the New Yorker no less. I continue to hope you will find your way through your delusions. Not holding my breath though.
    http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/02/14/110214fa_fact_wright
    • Like Like x 2
  19. TorontosRoot Member

Um, NO., we aren't skipping anything.
  20. Anonymous Member

How about we just completely skip ScnTO?
    • Like Like x 4
  21. TorontosRoot Member

I would love to see ScnTO try and handle all of us by himself ;)
  22. Anonymous Member

I'm filled with a joyous bliss when I realize that soon, Lawrence Wright will publish a whole book on the vile cult, following those of Janet Reitman and Hugh B. Urban.

For the cult, it all must be just one, gigantic, cascading shit blizzard of hideous public relations problems. I think the cult has earned it and anonymous has never-ending lulz, and they've earned those too.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

Context of what times? Didn't Hubbard have a look back and forth along the Whole Track? This guy was supposed to be Buddha 2.0, and yet he's tethered the mindset of the 1930-40s.

(If he didn't look along the track, no wonder he was always getting hit by trains!)
    • Like Like x 4
  24. anon_infm5 Member

Hopefully we can find some ex-scientologists in toronto that could speak at the raid
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Durham_Anon1 Member

anyone seen wiseman lately, I'm sure he'd love to be there
  26. Durham_Anon1 Member

speaking of the G20, I would definitely like to go after the black bloc...who were only there to destroy our city
  27. DeathHamster Member

Get them the same way as the Vancouver hockey rioters (and any rancid policing too).
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Durham_Anon1 Member

i was honestly shocked at those van city riots
  29. kittypark Member

win or lose, i knew there would be one. with all the media talking about the 94 riots, and people these days who were not around for it then with it in there minds, helped the mob mentality. what i was shocked about(but not really) was seeing people trying to escape the riots, but only to be chased back into the crowd by the cops. People who were helping injured, and trying to escape also got roughed up and beat down by cops(talking about people who didnt cause shit). I do think the riots were fubar, but from what i saw cops played a big part in keeping the flames lit.
  30. DeathHamster Member

Then the photos and videos of that will surface too.

I wonder what the people who showed up with gasoline, bear spray and similar stuff would have done if the Canucks had won?
  31. Anonymous Member

Vancouver is plagued with an administration that is incapable of proactive action. It can only react.

The areas where there is some belief in taking a proactive stand is usually misplaced and never considers the potential of unintended consequences.

Case in point, the city has installed bicycle lanes on many of the key thoroughfares in the city.

When fires emerged in the mayhem last Wednesday night, fire fighters were unable to move their equipment swiftly to these fires because the bicycle lanes made it impossible for them to drive to the fires on those thoroughfares.

7mppE.jpg

In looking at some of the other photos of the event, I so wish that all that energy could be focused into something constructive for the city. Like these awesome people in Hamburg, Germany.

RZTEq.jpg

So for now, we'll just stick to hacking the city and protesting $cientology.

vpfwr.jpg
  32. Anonymous Member

The aftermath outcome would have been exactly the same. Win or lose the hockey game, the event was planned to happen.
  33. DeathHamster Member

Oh you're so cynical!

According to a CBC Radio program that I was listening to, a large part of the crowds (not bicycle lanes) impeding the passage the fire trucks were there because it was exciting to watch.
  34. Anonymous Member

Crowd control was another serious problem and it speaks to the mismanagement issues I reported earlier.

The reference in Durham_Anon1's post, about the "black bloc..." is interesting.

There are cells of these groups in Vancouver and Seattle. They organized to produce mayhem during the first weekend of the Winter Olympic celebrations in Vancouver last year.

They are well organized, and they showed up on Wednesday with gas masks, balaclavas, molotov cocktails, and bandanas. Their intent was to cause mayhem and destroy. "Fuck shit up" is their motto.

Given a massive crowd of young, intoxicated citizens, they were able to accomplish their goal with ease and with no need to resort to rent-a-mob tactics.
  35. DeathHamster Member

Hockey mobs have been traditionally explosive, back to the Richard Riot in Montreal in 1955. Older than me, certainly.

During the Toronto G20, "they" Personal Army-ed the peaceful G20 protestors into pressing against the area that the police had to hold at all cost, and while the police were frozen in place, they split stage left and started smashing storefronts and burning police cars. If that was planned, it was tactically brilliant. (But still really stupid.) IMHO, the police missed the boat in flexibility and creative thinking to anticipate that, but I bet that they were bogged down in massive amounts of red tape and layers of command "leadership".
  36. Anonymous Member

I feel obliged to put this thread back on track.

I am going to work with the poster design for Sparrow in DC that Sponge recently shared with the community.

I am going to have a large-scale colour sign made for the July 16th/2011 Raid in Vancouver.

niUld.jpg

There will be higher than usual tourist traffic in the city and a large colourful sign such as this is going to attract attention.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. kittypark Member

i got over 500 pages printed out. a variety of very interesting papers. Better if I can find others for my area, to print some as well
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

1 vote for "religion is free, scn is neither"
    • Like Like x 2
  39. Anonymous Member

poster no 2 is more reader friendly
    • Like Like x 3
  40. Durham_Anon1 Member

sorry for the derail...started a thread if anyone has any thoughts...